• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

The stances mods are kind of hard to farm up sorta, but not really. in 3hrs of farming the only one I've got is Sundering Weave for a set of melee weapons that aren't even in the game anymore.....

Getting the beacons you want is kind of annoying as well, but not really.

Edit: I guess the one handed Kama and Prova can use Sundering weave, but I have neither one made

Galatine also sucks now

VariantX

The stances mods are kind of hard to farm up sorta, but not really. in 3hrs of farming the only one I've got is Sundering Weave for a set of melee weapons that aren't even in the game anymore.....

Getting the beacons you want is kind of annoying as well, but not really.

Edit: I guess the one handed Kama and Prova can use Sundering weave, but I have neither one made

Galatine also sucks now

I have most of the weapon types in the game sitting in my inventory...funny that the only stance drop I get in 3-4 hours of play is for dual daggers.

David___

Banned
So, the alliance.

We are members of The Syndicate.

Our brother clans are Destroy All Monsters, Vampires, RIPS of the Lotus, Atlas Gaming, GODZ EMPIR3, Wu Tang Clan and Hui Huan Dou.

Just saw this post.

dLQEUOJ.gif

So haven't played in a few months, has the games performance improved at all? Framerate was really random and often would get into the single digits for whole matches it seemed like. Game just got unplayable for me with how bad things were for a streak of games that it set me off from even bothering anymore.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So haven't played in a few months, has the games performance improved at all? Framerate was really random and often would get into the single digits for whole matches it seemed like. Game just got unplayable for me with how bad things were for a streak of games that it set me off from even bothering anymore.

If you haven't played in months you will notice a big improvement.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If you haven't played in months you will notice a big improvement.

And to ellaborate on this, I just did a T3 mobile defense run.

Void mobile defense was by far the worst offender, with frames often dropping sub 10 and sub 5.

Well, it was running amazing... not 60, but over 30.

I have most of the weapon types in the game sitting in my inventory...funny that the only stance drop I get in 3-4 hours of play is for dual daggers.

Game is trolling folks man lol

I managed to get both Scythe Stance mods: Reaping Spiral and Stalking Fan and Swirling Tiger for the sword so far.

Stalking Fan is definitely one of my favorites. The Dying Light combo is wonderful for big groups. I haven't quite figured out Shadow Wing though, but the combos are quite good.

Reaping Spiral is one that I'm not sure of however. The combo's are kinda iffy. I think that has to do more with my timing though

ReaperXL7

I have not played this in quite awhile, I used to role Rhino pretty much exclusively but the New suit they released (Hydroid) looks really cool. I also noticed they released Rhino Prime but I don't remember if the prime suits are farmable.

Think I'll jump back into this tomorrow and see if I can start collecting the parts need for Hydroid.

VariantX

Game is trolling folks man lol

I managed to get both Scythe Stance mods: Reaping Spiral and Stalking Fan and Swirling Tiger for the sword so far.

Stalking Fan is definitely one of my favorites. The Dying Light combo is wonderful for big groups. I haven't quite figured out Shadow Wing though, but the combos are quite good.

Reaping Spiral is one that I'm not sure of however. The combo's are kinda iffy. I think that has to do more with my timing though

I'm having a hard time with them because im used to the feeling i get with playing dmc or bayonetta. Its sort of like a pause that happens the moment I hit the target that tells me "ok do the next part of the combo now".

I'm having a hard time with them because im used to the feeling i get with playing dmc or bayonetta. Its sort of like a pause that happens the moment I hit the target that tells me "ok do the next part of the combo now".

Yeah its even made all the more worse when a Valkyr hits you with Warcry, or you get Volt with the speed boost-my timing goes out the window then lol

I think Mogamu had the best advice though in one of his videos in that you should just wait for the very end of the animation to start the next hit if your just starting out with the combo system. Yeah it keeps you from spamming most definitely, but you can figure out the timing easier. I can usually get the combos out now 7-8/10 times I try to execute. I find the heavy weapon combos to be much, much easier for the time being.

I just got Fracturing wind though from ODD, so we'll see how the knuckles pan out.

Amon37

Also I got Oberon chassis in a defense mission. I saw a Reddish Ord I'd never seen before and when I picked it up it was the Oberon Frame gear. So be on the lookout.

Also I got Oberon chassis in a defense mission. I saw a Reddish Ord I'd never seen before and when I picked it up it was the Oberon Frame gear. So be on the lookout.

Yeah I got the same doing a Ceres defence trying to farm the prosecutors. Saw what I'd describe as a pink orb, Oberon chassis blueprint had me on the mic saying wtf is that doing here.

But it's not really a viable way to go about collecting parts for Oberon, just go to earth.
Unless they've already moved him to random orb drops.

Hoodbury

I have 78 hours clocked in this game and I'm still a complete noob. I have no idea and couldn't figure out how to PM people in chats or how to invite people. Sold my first melee stance mod on the trade channel but had no idea how to invite the guy to our dojo for trading so had to have him invite me to his.

He PM'd me so I had the separate tab open to just talk to him, but how would I have PM'd someone to open a tab?

Then how do you invite those people?

Did sell it for 100 p though so that was nice. Finally can buy some more warframe slots and weapons slots.

Grimløck;111375355 said:
wasted 300 plat on rushing the orokin labs, and no one else contributed. wtf dudes?

What be you talkin' about, lad. I've spent over 1000+ plat, 6 formas and various other resources t' brin' you over 3 Orokin Lab, 1 observatory, 2 weapon labs & 1 tenno lab

Stop ya whine'in

rrrghhh

Please have the decency of stop reminding me that I'm crazy

David___

Banned
I have 78 hours clocked in this game and I'm still a complete noob. I have no idea and couldn't figure out how to PM people in chats or how to invite people. Sold my first melee stance mod on the trade channel but had no idea how to invite the guy to our dojo for trading so had to have him invite me to his.

He PM'd me so I had the separate tab open to just talk to him, but how would I have PM'd someone to open a tab?

Then how do you invite those people?

Did sell it for 100 p though so that was nice. Finally can buy some more warframe slots and weapons slots.

/w <player name> <message> Then when you're chatting go over his name, press x and scroll over to invite. If you want to invite to the dojo, go there before inviting him.

bLaiSe

What be you talkin' about, lad. I've spent over 1000+ plat, 6 formas and various other resources t' brin' you over 3 Orokin Lab, 1 observatory, 2 weapon labs & 1 tenno lab

Stop ya whine'in

rrrghhh

Goddamit, I told you guys to let me know when something needs plat rushing. I've only contributed 250p.

HORRORSHØW

Stop ya whine'in

rrrghhh

lol ;p

so what's up with the rails? how do we deploy them and stake out our territory?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;111397114 said:
lol ;p

so what's up with the rails? how do we deploy them and stake out our territory?

Lovely avatar for the situation.

Rails are clan tech, first you research then you build.

We have a little less than 6h left on the research.

I love that the only weapons I need to rank up are melee weapons. Now I can actually level them without keeping it on my back most of the time.

I'm the Warlord of a small Ghost Clan which is just 5 mates (3 haven't been on in 3 weeks+ though :( )

What's the process of joining an Alliance?

I can't find anything in game except for making one, do I need to find an Alliance somewhere and ask for an invite?
And if so, is there a list of Alliances somewhere?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I'm the Warlord of a small Ghost Clan which is just 5 mates (3 haven't been on in 3 weeks+ though :( )

What's the process of joining an Alliance?

I can't find anything in game except for making one, do I need to find an Alliance somewhere and ask for an invite?
And if so, is there a list of Alliances somewhere?

There's no formal alliance screen or whatever.

You have to manually learn what clans are in what alliance, then contact their officers, etc.

edit: there's a "find an alliance" subforum at the official site, that's also worth a try.

There's no formal alliance screen or whatever.

You have to manually learn what clans are in what alliance, then contact their officers, etc.

edit: there's a "find an alliance" subforum at the official site, that's also worth a try.

Thank you.
Just looking on the forum "Find an Alliance" page, I'll throw some requests out there and see if any stick.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
IMPORTANT CLAN ANNOUNCEMENT

So as you all know, we have joined an alliance which means amongst other things you all have an alliance tab on your chat window.

However, because of the PSN chat, we tend to say there and not pay much attention to what's going on the chatbox. Which is an issue.

So, there's a proposal we want to discuss with you all.

a) From now on, ALL CLAN CHAT goes to the in-game chat.
b) The PSN chat remains, not to chat in it, BUT TO DELIVER CRITICAL MESSAGES across several devices (smartphones, ps3, vita, other games on ps4, etc) to everyone BY OFFICERS ONLY.
c) Because the PSN chat is not gonna be spammy anymore and it is going to be used only for critical messages, EVERYONE IN THE CLAN, NO EXCEPTIONS will be required to be in it.
d) PSN chat rooms disappear after 10-12 hours if nothing is said, so besides the CRITICAL MESSAGES there would be 2-3 short messages per day to ensure the chat room does not vanish.

Please let us have your feedback.

Also, if you guys are just two people, well, we have room in the clan ;D

That is very tempting but i'd need to speak to the other members.

As much as i'd love to be a part of the official NeoGaf clan, I don't want to let my friends down.
I've put a lot into developing our clan dojo, time and platinum.

Having said that, they haven't contributed at all in the last 2 events :(

Ocelott

So as you all know, we have joined an alliance which means amongst other things you all have an alliance tab on your chat window.

However, because of the PSN chat, we tend to say there and not pay much attention to what's going on the chatbox. Which is an issue.

b) The PSN chat remains, not to chat in it, BUT TO DELIVER CRITICAL MESSAGES across several devices (smartphones, ps3, vita, other games on ps4, etc) to everyone BY OFFICERS ONLY.
c) Because the PSN chat is not gonna be spammy anymore and it is going to be used only for critical messages, EVERYONE IN THE CLAN, NO EXCEPTIONS will be required to be in it.
d) PSN chat rooms disappear after 10-12 hours if nothing is said, so besides the CRITICAL MESSAGES there would be 2-3 short messages per day to ensure the chat room does not vanish.

Acknowledged

I'm all for it. Don't know how good the in game chat is however but it's worth a try.

Do you want us in the alliance chat or clan chat?

David___

Banned
Going to have to say no. PSN chat is superior for the simple fact that you don't need to be in Warframe to know what's going on like recruitment and alerts.

Dave1988

I'm also in opposition of the proposal. As DBZ mentioned before me, the PSN chat has the advantage of not having to be logged in into Warframe to patch up on the news and alerts. Plus, It's a good place for the clan to talk about miscellaneous stuff unreleated to Betafarm or share pictures of Sleek Chocoding&#8482; :p. In a way, it helps foster community.

Furthermore, I do not see a reason to enforce a rule that require all members to be logged into the PSN chat if it'll only be used for important announcements. If we're switching over to in-game chat for communication purposes, the MotD should suffice for the task of notifying members about important happenings in the clan. Personally, I'm not too keen on checking the PSN chatroom if the only type of messages that will be appearing there are stuff like "We need X contributions to Y", "We need to run X on Y", etc.

That's my two cents.

Hoodbury

I'd be for moving to the ingame clan and alliance chats.

I'm new to PS4 and playstation in general and I do find it kind of annoying/a hassle to constantly press the home button to go and see what you guys are talking about. I've missed invites because I was trying to type in that chat, etc. I wouldn't have missed them if it was all done in game. Plus the PS chat seems to be delayed sometimes for me. I'll type something there and it doesn't appear right away. But that's probably just on my end.

If I'm playing a different game I honestly don't check the chat anyway, so it's not like I'd miss that anyway or I wouldn't check the chat and switch games because an alert is going on with something good. But I can see how others would be disappointed to miss out on that.

Also the PSN chat indicator appears right over the mini map in game so sometimes I'm trying to sprint to where the objective is but when you guys are chatting constantly I can never see where I'm suppose to be going.

I understand I'm a small fish in the clan still but that's just my 2 cents.

Amon37

I prefer the in game chat. I hate having to swap back and forth looking for taxis and stuff.

Not that anyone is on when I play lol.

Top Bottom