• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

WarMacheen

Can this game be played without dumping money on iap's? If I like it I have no problem buying things since its a f2p title, but dont want to waste my time if its one of those paywallcontent types.

Sykotik

Can this game be played without dumping money on iap's? If I like it I have no problem buying things since its a f2p title, but dont want to waste my time if its one of those paywallcontent types.

It's not a pay-wall type system, in my opinion. I've only used the complimentary currency they give you for starting out, as well as the free bonus for having PS+ (NA only?). The things you actually need to purchase, if you want a large arsenal of weapons or characters, are inventory slots.

I've played just over 50 hours so far. I have access to the Excalibur, Frost Prime, Mag, Ember, Rhino, Nova, Trinity and Volt characters. If I bought these it would cost, at the cheapest, $90. Of course, I will have to purchase slots if I want to use them all, though.

Goon Boon

Banned

It's comically easy to get frames since they made it so you're guaranteed to get a warframe blueprint part after each boss run, only prime versions are a pain (essentially skins, you just have to forma [reset your warframe to level 1] once to match it's power). Get slots, warframe and weapon slots. Also a bandana if you want to be a pretty ninja.

Gaz_RB

It's probably the best F2P system I've ever come across. Really well done.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ehh, as someone who'd like to spend money... I hate it. Warframes and weapons are prohibitively expensive and they kind of steer you towards the crafting components instead.

KiraXD

Ehh, as someone who'd like to spend money... I hate it. Warframes and weapons are prohibitively expensive and they kind of steer you towards the crafting components instead.

i like it.. it discourages me from spending money on stuff i can easily farm (which is more fun anyways) id honestly only spend money on color packs... but eff that... 5bucks for a single pack? no way... i wish i could buy single colors (id buy black... just black.. its all ill ever need)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Who do I ask for an invite to the GAF clan?

Anyways,

psn ID: BitmapFrogs
timezone: euro, but depending on shifts i might play on us timezone too

It's not a pay-wall type system, in my opinion. I've only used the complimentary currency they give you for starting out, as well as the free bonus for having PS+ (NA only?). The things you actually need to purchase, if you want a large arsenal of weapons or characters, are inventory slots.

I've played just over 50 hours so far. I have access to the Excalibur, Frost Prime, Mag, Ember, Rhino, Nova, Trinity and Volt characters. If I bought these it would cost, at the cheapest, $90. Of course, I will have to purchase slots if I want to use them all, though.

Holy shit dude. I admire your dedication (and am a little jealous). I'm still piddling around with Excalibur. :(

Helscream

Banned
If anyone is interested and framing for some Ammo Mutation mod send me a message/friend request on PSN. My PSN ID is Helscream. If you are wondering ammo mutation mods will convert any unused ammo into the ammo you need for the current weapon you are wielding. You have Shotgun/Arrow/Rifle/Sniper/Pistol ammo mutation mods. There is a very high chance of receiving one at the 20 minute mark in a game of Survival. These can even be earned on low level survival missions. I will be doing runs on either Apollodorus 5-15 Grineer or East Gate 10-25 Corpus.

Sykotik

Holy shit dude. I admire your dedication (and am a little jealous). I'm still piddling around with Excalibur. :(

Rhino is a very powerful frame - just grind the Venus boss, Jackal, to get the 3 blueprints you need. I haven't had much trouble getting what I needed, but some people are having bad luck with duplicate blueprints.

Tomorrow I actually get to use one of these damn Warframes I'm waiting to be completed.

NeOak

Rhino is a very powerful frame - just grind the Venus boss, Jackal, to get the 3 blueprints you need. I haven't had much trouble getting what I needed, but some people are having bad luck with duplicate blueprints.

Tomorrow I actually get to use one of these damn Warframes I'm waiting to be completed.

You've been able to promote people, right?

I really haven't touched Warframe in a while now D:

VanWinkle

I haven't seen my friend in two weeks since we all went to Walmart on the 15th to get our PS4s.. He has put about 100 hours into Warframe. I am worried about him, lol. I think his clan is like 3rd in the world for kills or something. It's insane. I really like the game, but I'm not nearly THAT dedicated.

Pop

I haven't seen my friend in two weeks since we all went to Walmart on the 15th to get our PS4s.. He has put about 100 hours into Warframe. I am worried about him, lol. I think his clan is like 3rd in the world for kills or something. It's insane. I really like the game, but I'm not nearly THAT dedicated.

This game is insanely fun. I've spent 47 hours so far into it, by for the most played game for me. I love crafting weapons, frames and such. Tower runs are the best for me. Such great art design in Warframe.

I've spent about $20 and plan to spend more to support DE.

Tevren

I'm only around 30 hours in, but loving it. Totally agree on the design of the Towers/Orokin stuff. The games I bought are being neglected for Warframe. Definitely going to give DE more of my money, possibly when we get U11 on PS4.

I'm only around 30 hours in, but loving it. Totally agree on the design of the Towers/Orokin stuff. The games I bought are being neglected for Warframe. Definitely going to give DE more of my money, possibly when we get U11 on PS4.

Same here. Haven't touched KZ at all. Met fellow players and gaffers having a good time on Towers and stuff. I spent the free 10$ that came with the PS4 on Colors and other stuff to support the developer. Game is really fun. Just finish a tower with the framerate at single digits towards the end..Good times.

Atlas157

Same here. Haven't touched KZ at all. Met fellow players and gaffers having a good time on Towers and stuff. I spent the free 10$ that came with the PS4 on Colors and other stuff to support the developer. Game is really fun. Just finish a tower with the framerate at single digits towards the end..Good times.

It still lags like crazy during Void missions? I thought they would optimize the PS4 version before release.

Edgeward

Clan is full, we hit the limit until we can get more forma and expand the dojo to accomodate. We still have some that never accepted their invite, so I'll check it out and make some space if if I see some really long unaccepted invites and clear out.

Making a Grakata, and in the process of likely getting the materials for a Gorgon. Not even sure I want to use them and start anew though. =\

Xater

Ok I'll wait then.

Also I actually bought some platinum with money ?I had left in my PSN wallet but it never showed up in game. Who should I contact here? The Warframe team or Sony?

Xater

talk to DE first, I'd say. That's strange.

PSN has been weird today, maybe it'll just take a while?

It actually was yesterday...

Contacted DE support now. Hope they can sort this out.

I am now as far into the game as I was when I tried it on PC, basically did the first assassination. This game is still very fun. Next to DOTA2 and Hearthstone the best F2P title I ever played. Warthunder sadly disappointed me because the controls are wonky.

Billen

Banned
I have played this on the PC, and while not enjoying it thoroughly, I found it...adequate with friends. Having purchased a PS4, of course I had to try all games.

To my amazement, I found it way more enjoyable than with mouse/keyboard. But I hate fps games (third here, I know) with a controller!? What is this DS4 witchcraft?

Edgeward

I don't have abilities to remove people, gonna need to wait for someone with higher clan rank to be able to squeeze you in, Xater. There is a guy who has only completed one mission and hasn't accepted the request so you should be able to fit in

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I don't have abilities to remove people, gonna need to wait for someone with higher clan rank to be able to squeeze you in, Xater. There is a guy who has only completed one mission and hasn't accepted the request so you should be able to fit in

So there are limited clan slots?

Bummer, guess that means I'm out heh.

Killer

Banned
I downloaded the game but every time i try to play it, it starts to download some patch then it tells me that i can't download some content and i must try later. It has been like that for a couple of days.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Just until we can build an upgraded barracks. Shouldnt take long since we can focus on it.

Cool then.

I'm liking the game ALOT since it's essentially a souped up ME3 multi which I liked a lot, but not having buddies to play it with is a deal breaker.

Right now I know that I have tons of fun playing it, but the upgrade system is daunting.

Focussing on farming mats for the blueprint of some Ice Frame I have. Good plan?

wsippel

Banned
AM I missing something or does the eu psn only have this 0,50€ "free" version with the 3-day xp boost?
Seems strange. Could be an age verification thing to comply with German laws I guess. I assume Sony doesn't have kjm certified parental controls in place (yet), so maybe they use the credit card for age verification? And that obviously wouldn't work for free downloads.

Copenap

Seems strange. Could be an age verification thing to comply with German laws I guess. I assume Sony doesn't have kjm certified parental controls in place (yet), so maybe they use the credit card for age verification? And that obviously wouldn't work for free downloads.

Yeah, I guess that could be possible.

Ardenyal

Once they fix the auto-aim and how traversal moves need to be activated, the controls will be pretty much perfect

I think they need to adjust the deadzone values. Comparing this to battlefield and killzone the aiming doesn't feel nearly as smooth.

Edit: I'm not sure but the controls also seem to have different sensitivity values for x and y, hate that.

Top Bottom