• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

HORRORSHØW

the new armors are a little hit-and-miss for me. i like the eos shoulders on all my frames, the daedalus and eos chest pieces are frame dependent, and i'm not a fan of either leg pieces.

maghusd5.jpg
tring9s56.jpg
saryn0sspg.jpg

I'm just glad you can remove the hideous left shoulder armor from Banshee now. 2 days and some change and I can find out how the Sybarius is too. I can't wait.

Mrcapcom

it drops a ton from DS rails on PC. easy rare farm

also just liked I expected. This week is your final chance to get state helmets from alerts. They will only show up once so if you miss it, thats it. Here is to praying that I am around when the vanguard appears

Didnt know they was only coming up once smh I have Vanguard but I think I missed out on a Ember helmet smh oh well.

I ran the resuce it was pretty fun I modded my Dual Vastos to be corpus killers ran up to my buddy the hostage and was like here take these he was rocking the corpus was pretty cool.

So i have to do this mission until I get 100 points? At most you can speed run it and kill everything for 2 points (kill guards and save hostage) Am I correct?

Finally got my Dakra Prime out of the over OMG why havne't I seen/used this before definitely my fav next to nikana and ankryos prime and ichor

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So i have to do this mission until I get 100 points? At most you can speed run it and kill everything for 2 points (kill guards and save hostage) Am I correct?

It's not a clan competition, only an individual event.

If you score 100 or higher you get a unique syandana as a reward.

Of course in the process you will get several spectre blueprints too...

You get bonuses for killing all the wardens and for doing a stealth rescue for a base of 3 points. There's also a difficulty tier multiplier - doing the rescue mission on Ceres for instance is 3x bonus for a total of 9 points per run (Nightmare is even better at 4x).

HORRORSHØW

loki prime on pc:

not a fan of the helm.

and apparently this is the loot table for T4 void:

TOWER IV CAPTURE
AKBRONCO PRIME LINK
BRONCO PRIME BARREL
BRONCO PRIME RECEIVER
BURSTON PRIME BARREL
FORMA BLUEPRINT
FROST PRIME BLUEPRINT

TOWER IV DEFENSE
ANKYROS PRIME GAUNTLET
BOLTOR PRIME STOCK
BRATON PRIME BARREL
BRATON PRIME RECEIVER
BRATON PRIME STOCK
BURSTON PRIME RECEIVER
PARIS PRIME STRING
BURSTON PRIME BLUEPRINT
DAKRA PRIME BLUEPRINT
EMBER PRIME BLUEPRINT
FORMA BLUEPRINT
LEX PRIME BLUEPRINT
LOKI PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
MAG PRIME BLUEPRINT
RHINO PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT

TOWER IV EXTERMINATE
BO PRIME HANDLE
BOLTOR PRIME BARREL
SICARUS PRIME BARREL
FORMA BLUEPRINT
FROST PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
GLAIVE PRIME BLUEPRINT
MAG PRIME CHASSIS BLUEPRINT
RHINO PRIME BLUEPRINT

TOWER IV INTERCEPTION
DAKRA PRIME BLADE
DAKRA PRIME HANDLE
FANG PRIME HANDLE
FORMA
GLAIVE PRIME BLADE
LEX PRIME BARREL
LEX PRIME RECEIVER
PARIS PRIME GRIP
REAPER HANDLE
SICARUS PRIME RECEIVER
WYRM PRIME SYSTEMS
FORMA BLUEPRINT
FROST PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT
MAG PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
SICARUS PRIME BLUEPRINT

TOWER IV MOBILE DEFENSE
BOAR PRIME BARREL
REAPER BLADE
BOAR PRIME BLUEPRINT
BOLTOR PRIME BLUEPRINT
EMBER PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
FORMA BLUEPRINT
REAPER PRIME BLUEPRINT

TOWER IV SURVIVAL
DAKRA PRIME BLADE
FORMA
GLAIVE PRIME BLADE
LEX PRIME BARREL
REAPER HANDLE
BOLTOR PRIME BLUEPRINT
BURSTON PRIME BLUEPRINT
FORMA BLUEPRINT
FROST PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT
FROST PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
LEX PRIME BLUEPRINT
LOKI PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT
MAG PRIME HELMET BLUEPRINT
MAG PRIME SYSTEMS BLUEPRINT
RHINO PRIME CHASSIS BLUEPRINT
SICARUS PRIME BLUEPRINT

holy dilution. it's asinine to lump all other tier rewards into tier 4.

Grimløck;115936319 said:
the new armors are a little hit-and-miss for me. i like the eos shoulders on all my frames, the daedalus and eos chest pieces are frame dependent, and i'm not a fan of either leg pieces.

maghusd5.jpg

Dat Mag, The armor bundle is more cheaper than buying the pieces alone

bLaiSe

Loki P looks cool. Wyrm P looks... like a turd decorated with gold.
I see they are bringing Interception to the Void. Ugh. :| Those T4 keys should be fun though.

Robotziane

Neo Member
So apparently you can only trade arcane helms with stats attached to them. Helms with no stats, the Rankis for instance, cannot be traded.

Mrcapcom

New Updates are pretty sweet. New Voids new stuff to Spend my plat on. Loki prime looks sweet guess im not potatoing my Loki till this guy comes out.

Got 26 points out of 100 hopefully this weekend I can get 100 and get the event prize :)

Damn that Loki looks badass, I too will hold off in upgrading my toon for now. Too bad normal Loki is my only frame and I just hit 30 with him.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Well I'm going to be on Warframe tonight.... did not receive my destiny alpha code :(

I imagine its going to be quite the lonely place for the next few days.

Mrcapcom

Got my reward for the rescue event looks cool doubt ill wear it lol but hey its a event prize. I'll be on Destiny and Warframe so if it seems like im gone don't delete me :-D

I'm downloading the Destiny Alpha :)

I seriously am content just playing Warframe and nothing else until Destiny.
Then we'll have to see which one i'm on the most.

HORRORSHØW

I'll be on Warframe this weekend. . . feels like there's not a ton more to see or do in the Destiny Alpha after a few hours.

same here. got a level 8 hunter and a level 6 warlock, but i'm a little bored by it now. i'm sure the main game opens up a lot, but right now it's a little restrictive.

as for warframe, the amprex is volt mechanized. fun gun, a little on the weak side so far. gonna have to pump a handful of forma into it. being a fan of the tigris, i think the sybaris is more up my alley.

Amon37

Grimløck;116321219 said:
yeah, basically that. the whole clan's off playing destiny or battlefield or something.

I got second son from gamefly so the past few days have been 50% infamous and 50% warframe. By the looks of it I should be done with infamous tonight or tomorrow.

Did manage to complete the specter event. Spent the last 50 points solo because pugs kept setting off the damn alarm.

Amon37

So, since we aren't using the PSN chat for chatting and I don't want to clutter the thread, how about we use it as the clan trading post. The trade channel in game is fucking horrible and I'd rather trade with the clan more anyway.

just throwing it out there.

Grimløck;116403026 said:
i'm sure the main game opens up a lot, but right now it's a little restrictive.

I really hope it does because right now I prefer Warframe to what I've played in Destiny so far. Warframe is a much faster game then Destiny with a much tighter focus/experience in terms of what its trying to do, where as I not quite sure what Destiny is even trying to be at this point. Is it an MMO, a Co-Op game, PvP game? It feels like all these elements were just plopped into the game and sown together very loosely. That might be ok to some, but coming off of Warframe it's not something that's meshing quite well with me just yet.

Destiny still gets a lot of things right over Warframe, like having some semblance of a narrative and lore, and a far greater feeling of progression and atmosphere. The character creator is pretty awesome and more than likely I will belong to the Exo master race. I also imagine this game will have quite a bit more content in a much more timely manner, but then again content is subjective in itself in that if you don't enjoy it there won't be a lot of it for you.

In my opinion, however, Warframe just plays better to me mechanically. The abilities feel better, the platforming feels better, a lot of the bosses aren't bullet sponges etc. I'll still buy it to play with friends all the same, but if Warframe can manage speed up update delivery times on consoles in a timely manner, after they launch on PC of course, I'll probably be playing more of Warframe over Destiny for the foreseeable future.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I really hope it does because right now I prefer Warframe to what I've played in Destiny so far. Warframe is a much faster game then Destiny with a much tighter focus/experience in terms of what its trying to do, where as I not quite sure what Destiny is even trying to be at this point. Is it an MMO, a Co-Op game, PvP game? It feels like all these elements were just plopped into the game and sown together very loosely. That might be ok to some, but coming off of Warframe it's not something that's meshing quite well with me just yet.

Destiny still gets a lot of things right over Warframe, like having some semblance of a narrative and lore, and a far greater feeling of progression and atmosphere. The character creator is pretty awesome and more than likely I will belong to the Exo master race. I also imagine this game will have quite a bit more content in a much more timely manner, but then again content is subjective in itself in that if you don't enjoy it there won't be a lot of it for you.

In my opinion, however, Warframe just plays better to me mechanically. The abilities feel better, the platforming feels better, a lot of the bosses aren't bullet sponges etc. I'll still buy it to play with friends all the same, but if Warframe can manage speed up update delivery times on consoles in a timely manner, after they launch on PC of course, I'll probably be playing more of Warframe over Destiny for the foreseeable future.

I was very disappointed with the RPG side of it. It is way too simply and the powers lackluster. As a hunter, I had a special gun and that's it. And from checking the stats of items that were offered but not available due to the level cap, all the customization boils to faster recharges on grenades, or knives or the golden gun. And the weapons were quite boring too.

The multiplayer was disappointing with a TTK closer to COD than Halo.

I don't know, I'll probably get the game, but right now I feel that they underdeveloped the character customization, perhaps the focus groups didn't respond well to a more complex setup.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
K so how are you supposed to do the rank 8 test? As soon as I try to jump from the left wall to the right I either just drop off or catch it straight on somehow and then either fall or climb up and vault over said wall and then fall. I hate how the controls work at times. I've done it before just playing. It's the same with the climbing move he just stops or wont do it at times.

VariantX

K so how are you supposed to do the rank 8 test? As soon as I try to jump from the left wall to the right I either just drop off or catch it straight on somehow and then either fall or climb up and vault over said wall and then fall. I hate how the controls work at times. I've done it before just playing. It's the same with the climbing move he just stops or wont do it at times.

Cheat. If you got a frame with good speed just ignore the other wall altogether and wall run and jump straight for the platform. Some even get to the top of one of the walls and run along it. I think zephyr can just fly all the way there (not 100% sure). The test actually used to be way harder as it required you to shoot the targets while running along the walls at the same time.

I was very disappointed with the RPG side of it. It is way too simply and the powers lackluster. As a hunter, I had a special gun and that's it. And from checking the stats of items that were offered but not available due to the level cap, all the customization boils to faster recharges on grenades, or knives or the golden gun. And the weapons were quite boring too.
I agree for the most part. The skill tree upgrade system is kind of boring and linear and doesn't have the same kind of customization or personalization offered in Warframe. Once you unlock all the abilties/DEF upgrades on the top line of the tree the rest of the upgrades below those just involve making the top line stronger.

And to me not only are the powers kinda lackluster but you can't even use them all that often. I can practically spam abilities in Warframe under the right conditions when I really need to. In Destiny however I can use them maybe once every 5-10 mins at best which leads me to never using them at all unless I really, really need to and half of the time it won't do enough in a tight situation.

I feel the same except for me the multiplayer was boring simply because the weapons are boring and feel too grounded for a game like this. The fusion rifle is the only significantly interesting weapon so far that I've seen and it sucks for multiplayer because of the charge times. Outside of shotguns and sniper/scout rifles (which seem to be the most used) most of the other weapons are really lacking-I'm the only person I've seen in 3hrs+ of multiplayer using the hand canons.

Not to mention the weapons and armor feel REALLY vertical upgrade wise. There are clear lines in the sand as far as which weapons are better. That can certainly help in feeling a sense progression, but I'm one catalyst and some mods away from making any weapon in Warframe great, and I prefer that because it makes the game very horizontal in away without going overboard.

I don't know, I'll probably get the game, but right now I feel that they underdeveloped the character customization, perhaps the focus groups didn't respond well to a more complex setup.
Either that or its simple a technical matter in which they can't really fit anymore avatar customization into what I can see as quite a large game, level wise. And that's not even a good thing to me since EVEN WITH the hover bikes I'm not caring for all the travel time during mini missions scattered all over the area-which I'm worried will become repetitive in a bad way.

I mean it still has the potential to be a good game from what little I've seen, and I understand this is an alpha and not the full game, but on the real the core mechanics of this game are right in front of our faces. I can't imagine, with a game this size and the amount of people working on it, that much is going to change between now and September 9th. This is what my critical eye is telling me rather than Activision's marketing machine, which is sure enough getting my friends to call me hater lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Either that or its simple a technical matter in which they can't really fit anymore avatar customization into what I can see as quite a large game, level wise. And that's not even a good thing to me since EVEN WITH the hover bikes I'm not caring for all the travel time during mini missions scattered all over the area-which I'm worried will become repetitive in a bad way.

Bungie was focus grouping like crazy back when they were making Halo, chances are they still do. Most famously they changed maps and levels using the focus group data.

I was so excited for Destiny but now that I have played it I think I will pass on it. It is such a boring game, I can't imagine that changing by the time of comes out.

I felt the same. My Warlock has a grenade, a super grenade, and...what makes him a Warlock, exactly? Not much, it seems.

Anyway, I haven't played Warframe in months. How are the performance and class balance issues coming along?

Top Bottom