• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Incredible!

Are flat damage abilities still completely worthless as mobs level up? Is Nekros still utter garbage outside of loot farming?

Nekros as a GTFO soul punch to use when you reload or when something big is charging you.
It has a huge group debuff+scare
And can summon an army of from the enemies you killed to support you.

Nekros always been pretty great if you ask me. He's my to go choice for long surival now that Nova got nerfed to oblivion. He's great at making space and that totally makes up for it's relative low shield/health/armor

Kurod

Banned
Performance is miles better. Much better framerate.

Very much so. I just started up again last night after moving and everything felt incredibly smooth.

I'm really liking the new melee. I've only found one stance (scythes) but it's pretty dang fun.

Nekros as a GTFO soul punch to use when you reload or when something big is charging you.
It has a huge group debuff+scare
And can summon an army of from the enemies you killed to support you.

Nekros always been pretty great if you ask me. He's my to go choice for long surival now that Nova got nerfed to oblivion. He's great at making space and that totally makes up for it's relative low shield/health/armor
It depends on enemy scaling. If that hasn't been fixed, then it becomes harder and harder for him to score killing blows to build toward his ultimate.

It depends on enemy scaling. If that hasn't been fixed, then it becomes harder and harder for him to score killing blows to build toward his ultimate.

It hasn't been fixed at all. To answer your question though Nekros is still in the same place he was when I crafted him in the foundry over 5-6 months ago. Nothings really been changed about him. I dusted off my Nekros the other day and had people actually get upset with me because I dared to spam something other than Desecrate in a Non-survival mission. You could even say the rarity of the melee stance mods has only made his position as a Desecrate whore worse. It's a shame too cause I really like his abilities, but Shadows of the Dead and the like aren't great performers damage wise.

I know people still like to refer to him as a support/Ultility frame, but I feel as though he mostly gets shoehorned into that role because really he has nothing else to offer a party outside of a Desecrate, and MAYBE Terrify for CC when you need to get someone up. I know a lot of people don't like his ultimate ability because it just makes it harder to shoot at actual enemies, and they don't do enough damage to justify the CC perks.

The game is actually a shit ton more stable though so thats good on the plus side.

Bungie was focus grouping like crazy back when they were making Halo, chances are they still do. Most famously they changed maps and levels using the focus group data.

With a $500,000,000 budget you can bet your ass that it's focus tested to hell and back. I'm sure the focus testing will pervade all aspects of this game all the way up to launch.

I was so excited for Destiny but now that I have played it I think I will pass on it. It is such a boring game, I can't imagine that changing by the time of comes out.

The alpha is having a similar effect on me as well. I don't really care for the mission structure or combat, and after I'm done pouring over every inch of the environments and running through the main story I can't imagine what I'd do after that.

I don't really care for the mission structure or combat, and after I'm done pouring over every inch of the environments and running through the main story I can't imagine what I'd do after that.
I've read in the alpha impressions thread that Bungie are going to focus on loot driven progression.
Which means you are going to reach max level relatively quickly and spend a lot of time improving your gear, doing dungeons and events for drops and materials. Something similar to WoW endgame.
I can already see a handful of those WoW-style minigoals in Destiny. Like collecting PVP/raid badges to get rare gear and emblems, improving reputation with different factions, gathering crafting materials etc. Those minigoals kept me in WoW for several years.
If developers are clever, there will be always a latest dungeon/raid/mode that requires almost maxed equipment to complete it, so majority of players will be busy preparing gear for it.

I'm glad someone is trying to adapt all that for consoles in a simplified way (keeping core mechanics intact), and not just by porting PC game with a gamepad support.

It hasn't been fixed at all. To answer your question though Nekros is still in the same place he was when I crafted him in the foundry over 5-6 months ago. Nothings really been changed about him. I dusted off my Nekros the other day and had people actually get upset with me because I dared to spam something other than Desecrate in a Non-survival mission. You could even say the rarity of the melee stance mods has only made his position as a Desecrate whore worse. It's a shame too cause I really like his abilities, but Shadows of the Dead and the like aren't great performers damage wise.

I know people still like to refer to him as a support/Ultility frame, but I feel as though he mostly gets shoehorned into that role because really he has nothing else to offer a party outside of a Desecrate, and MAYBE Terrify for CC when you need to get someone up. I know a lot of people don't like his ultimate ability because it just makes it harder to shoot at actual enemies, and they don't do enough damage to justify the CC perks.

The game is actually a shit ton more stable though so thats good on the plus side.
Thank you for confirming what I feared.

Personally, I don't find the summons to be in the way. You just need to use a piercing mod to punch through them. My problem is that they're stationary and have a short duration. They should follow me around on levels, and it should last for a full minute minimum.

The biggest problem with him, though, is the enemy growth rates. He has to deal the finishing blow on an enemy to get a soul, and that gets harder and harder as time goes on.

HORRORSHØW

this is what i'm running with:
valkq0rch.jpg

you have enough points to put in a maxed narrow minded.

IvorB

Anyway, I haven't played Warframe in months. How are the performance and class balance issues coming along?

I also haven't played in a while. I found myself slowing down when I stopped getting any new, exciting mods to tinker with. I mean to jump in again at some point as I've invested so much time into acquiring stuff in this game but for now my PS4 is a permanent FF XIV machine. Also hoping they will add some new exciting game modes at some point.

I read above that Vor is a void boss now who drops Intensify so I might jump in to try get hold of that since I spent so long searching for it with no luck.

Wish I could stockpile up some T4 keys, sounds like Loki P is true to the tradition of very hard to get new primes. . . plus totally new key types so you don't have a stock pool.

Also - if any of you Frame apostates, disappointed or experiencing withdrawal from Destiny Alpha, want back into GAF frame clan, just let us know!

That alpha just made me appreciate Warframe more.

Will pick up Destiny, certainly, as it looks like a fun time. But man, Warframe is no slouch, and its amazing to see just how much has been changed and added to the game since just the PS4 version's launch.

I wonder if the Destiny devs plan to add to the game Warframe style (updates, overhauls, new gears and new systems), or Borderlands style (new classes, new environments and new mission sets DLC), or COD style (multiplayer map packs, new multiplayer modes).

One things for certain, the Warframe population is going to take a serious hit when that game comes out. Hope DE's ready for it ;p

Vorheez

Sorry I haven't been on much guys, I'm just ripping through Wolfenstein because I needed a a change of pace from frame. I played too much in such a short time, I got a little burned out haha! I'll be back on within the next week though.

And yes, sexy sybaris is definitely sexy. Can't wait to give it a go.

Mrcapcom

Did someone say ham? dohoho

#Roasted lmbo

Back to Warframe talk my Amprex should be done today but now you guys making me want to buy the Sybaris so ill get that together.

Why is it so hard to get Fieldron? I have been doing the Invasions but other than that its buy clan fieldron then wait 8 hours rinse and repeat. Some weapons be wanting like 10 Fieldron smh

bLaiSe

I started building the Sybaris, but decided to stop after 1 forma. The accuracy suffers too much with a max Heavy Cal and it's one of those FPS dependent guns that fires slower at low FPS. That Amprex tho! Slapped 5 formas on it and it just soooo good.

I started building the Sybaris, but decided to stop after 1 forma. The accuracy suffers too much with a max Heavy Cal and it's one of those FPS dependent guns that fires slower at low FPS. That Amprex tho! Slapped 5 formas on it and it just soooo good.

I was sure amprex would be my jam from the previews, but it's so ammo thirsty I feel like I need ammo mut which hurts my DPS feelings. I have 3 forma on it... Why you go for 5? Prepping for them red crits?

ShinMaruku

That alpha just made me appreciate Warframe more.

Will pick up Destiny, certainly, as it looks like a fun time. But man, Warframe is no slouch, and its amazing to see just how much has been changed and added to the game since just the PS4 version's launch.

I wonder if the Destiny devs plan to add to the game Warframe style (updates, overhauls, new gears and new systems), or Borderlands style (new classes, new environments and new mission sets DLC), or COD style (multiplayer map packs, new multiplayer modes).

One things for certain, the Warframe population is going to take a serious hit when that game comes out. Hope DE's ready for it ;p

Same here. Destiny made me love warframe even more because this is more RPG and it has a bit more polish due to it being out for quite some time.

I am sure the warframe population will return to it after a bit because what I heard is coming in the pipe will be GREAT

bLaiSe

I was sure amprex would be my jam from the previews, but it's so ammo thirsty I feel like I need ammo mut which hurts my DPS feelings. I have 3 forma on it... Why you go for 5? Prepping for them red crits?
Serration, heavy cal, split chamber, critical mods, elemental mods and an ammo mutation (3 V, 2 --) and I have 0 points left on my Amprex. I'll try it with Crit Delay instead of ammo mutation when we get the red crits.

Serration, heavy cal, split chamber, critical mods, elemental mods and an ammo mutation (3 V, 2 --) and I have 0 points left on my Amprex. I'll try it with Crit Delay instead of ammo mutation when we get the red crits.

I guess you're using standard element mods rather than event?

I have the same build (only 3 level point strike for 100%), using event elements for status and it fits with only 3 V forma. Even with ammo mut, I'm still constantly popping ammo restores to keep up.

Edit: Of course you're using standard mods - dash pol. Maybe that extra 60% total damage would go a ways in alleviating some of my ammo woes. . . only one way to find out :)

Dave1988

Whats Red Crits?

Red Crits are crits that occur once you mod a weapon past the 100% crit threshold. So, for example, if you have a weapon that has a 125% crit chance, you have a 25% chance that your shots will trigger a red crit. Red crits deal considerably more damge than their yellow counterparts. Red crits haven't been implemented into the PS4 build of Warframe yet.

Its gauss mixed with the prime using the default head ?

Yep.

Whats Red Crits?

Having a crit chance over 100% (on the synapse, amprex, and a few of the bows with a max point strike for instance), will result in the chance of a "super" red crit. So for instance, if you have a 125% crit chance, all your shots will be standard crits, but a quarter of them will also red crit for super damage.

Mrcapcom

Whats this? Apparently its on sale this week for PS Plus 7.99
Warframe: PS4 Renown Pack I – Obsidian Yomo Syandana $7.99 N/A $9.99

If you have plus, it's a 20% discount on the platinum and you get an exclusive variant of the yomo syandana for free. Not bad if you are looking to buy a little plat I suppose.

1 week later for Europe? What gives?

Also waiting for a Platinum sale, the NA store had one a few weeks ago and I had expected one not too long after.

Top Bottom