• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So I just won a bunch of PSN credit from a local store's giveaway.

Questions:

1) how is the newest warframe with the water tentacle shit? Any good? How's its agility and what role and play style does he fit best?

2) What other Warframe is the best? I like having mobility and also enjoy ranged weapons such as bows once in a while, but don't really care for a support role. still like doing damage on my own. I want to be able to hold my own and cause pain too. Which would fit this style best?

I know the Rhino is always cited as the best frame, but I don't like low mobility tank characters in any game.

1) Hydroid is very fun, all his abilities are crowd control so great utility there.

2) Zephyr! Always Zephyr! It's got mobility in spades, can tank and has good crowd control. Alternatively a corrupt Saryn with Blind Rage will decimate vast hordes of enemies although she's a bit on the clumsy side.

So this Rush/helm/corrupt/blind rage stuff is all going over my head because I'm very new to the game and it doesnt explain any of it. Anyone care to elaborate in terms a newbie to the game would get?

Saryn sounds intriguing, so it disappoints me that she's slowish. :/

Edit: Ohhh, Zyphyr sounds fun. Low armor though. Is that an issue?

Any others worth noting? Ember seems a popular one?

David___

Banned
So this Rush/helm/corrupt/blind rage stuff is all going over my head because I'm very new to the game and it doesnt explain any of it. Anyone care to elaborate in terms a newbie to the game would get?

Saryn sounds intriguing, so it disappoints me that she's slowish. :/

Rush increases your Warframe's sprint speed up to 30%

Helmets are cosmetics for your Warframes. Before the latest patch, helms used to give out stat bonuses. You can still get the stat bonuses by buying the Arcane variant of the desired helm via the trading tab

Corrupted mods are mods that have a positive and negative effect on them. They can be found in the Vault: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict/Orokin_Vaults

Blind Rage is one of the corrupted mods that gives you additional power strength but decreases your efficiency(amount of energy used to cast an ability)

Edit: Ohhh, Zyphyr sounds fun. Low armor though. Is that an issue?
Not really. Turbulence deflects all incoming bullets so you'll rarely get hit.

Thanks for the explaination. I may pick up Zyphyr then. Sounds like Air Drop is bugged though. Is a fix likely next update? How quick is DE with fixing stuff?

And might grab Volt too. I dunno. I'll have ~120ish plat left. Or am I better off getting something to supplement Zyphyr with it? If so, any suggestions?

Sorry for not chiming in on clan chat by the way. I usually forget it's there!

I've been noticing a hard time leveling even at level 11 with my Loki. How the hell do people level so fast? And I also assume level of my player is separate? Still at one and can't get Rhino or anything or trade even at the moment. How do I level that?

Apologies for all of the questions.

David___

Banned
Thanks for the explaination. I may pick up Zyphyr then. Sounds like Air Drop is bugged though. Is a fix likely next update? How quick is DE with fixing stuff?
Didn't hear about Dive Bomb being bugged. Usually there's an update every month with the newest one being here most likely on Tuesday,

And might grab Volt too. I dunno. I'll have ~120ish plat left. Or am I better off getting something to supplement Zyphyr with it? If so, any suggestions?

Volt is okay but you're better off saving your plat and using it to buy slots and Catalysts/Reactors.

I've been noticing a hard time leveling even at level 11 with my Loki. How the hell do people level so fast?
Boosters/ un-equipping 2 of their 3 weapons to get the most xp shared between their gear.

And I also assume level of my player is separate? Still at one and can't get Rhino or anything or trade even at the moment. How do I level that?

Mastery rank is earned by leveling up Frames/ weapons/ sentinels/ sentinel weapons for the first time.

The amount for each is different depending on what you're leveling

200 Mastery Points per Warframe/Sentinel level for a total of 6000 Master xp per Frame and Sentinel

100 Mastery Points per Weapon/ Sentinel weapon level for a total of 3000 Mastery Points per weapon.

As of now, Master Rank is there only to serve as a gate to gear. In the future, DE is planning on releasing the Focus system that ties in with Mastery Rank.

It's fine. Everyone at first was most likely was confused when they first started playing this game since DE did a terrible job at explaining the systems.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Sorry for not chiming in on clan chat by the way. I usually forget it's there!

I've been noticing a hard time leveling even at level 11 with my Loki. How the hell do people level so fast? And I also assume level of my player is separate? Still at one and can't get Rhino or anything or trade even at the moment. How do I level that?

If you use a warframe power that deals damage, your suit will get a share of the exp of the enemies hit by that warframe power. That makes warframes with direct damage powers very easy to level up while warframes that don't have direct damage like Loki very tough to level up.

Only enemies have levels in this game. You and your gear have ranks:

a) Player rank: determines which weapons you are allowed to use, how many mining drones you can have at once, how many trades you can do per day.
b) Suit and weapon rank: determines how much points you have to fit mods.
c) Mod rank: determines the strength of a mod, you can rank them up using fusion cores or spare mods.

How to increse your own player rank. You accrue mastery by ranking up warframes, weapons, sentinels, sentinel weapons and by unlocking mission nodes in the star chart. Once you hit enough mastery to level up, in the main menu a new option will appear to rank up, this will launch a special test mission. Every rank has a different test and you have to pass in order to rank up. The game saves mastery earned, so don't worry, once you rank up you will see the extra mastery. You can only attempt the rank up test once every 24 hours.

GoaThief

Can't seem to get Serration from anywhere, kind of need it for my grakata as it's a bit like a rapid firing pea shooter at the moment.

Also hoping for some more elemental drops.

Where's the best place to find the above?

Ronin Ray

I finally level up Serration to max. Over 1200 mods and 800000 credits for the last notch alone. Then MooKid says I maxed out Narrow Minded and I proceed to cry myself to sleep. I cant win or keep up lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can't seem to get Serration from anywhere, kind of need it for my grakata as it's a bit like a rapid firing pea shooter at the moment.

Serration has a ton of potential drops so it's sort of hard to farm for it, you're more likely to acquire it eventually.

As for the elementals, best to check the warframe wiki to see where they drop.

manfestival

I finally level up Serration to max. Over 1200 mods and 800000 credits for the last notch alone. Then MooKid says I maxed out Narrow Minded and I proceed to cry myself to sleep. I cant win or keep up lol

You got to that final point much faster than i did lol. I did one masterty and had a mastery ready instantly but I cant do it till tomorrow :(

Amon37

Max Serration is a must along with split chamber and heavy Caliber which is going to be worse then serration to lvl to max. Credits come and go but that extra 15% is forever lol.

Split chamber seemed a cinch to max rank. Heavy caliber though. ...

Plus if I rank up serration anymore I going to have to start forma'ing weapons and well I'm crying at the thought of starting that process.

Mrcapcom

If you catch me online ask me if I still have one I think I do I might have sacrificed them to my Serration mod though lol Im like halfway there to maxing it out.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Plus if I rank up serration anymore I going to have to start forma'ing weapons and well I'm crying at the thought of starting that process.

You gotta forma those weapons man.

All those mods maxed, the formas, that's what separates players.

Ronin Ray

Forma'ing weapons is the name of the game. Honestly most if not all of your primary weapons need 4 or more forma to be proficient at high level defense and survival. Just run dark sector on Pluto and those weapons lvl up super fast. Plus trust me when you start eating lower level enemies alive and bosses become a joke you will start to enjoy forma'ing weapons.

Anung

Un Rama
Nice, I missed this thread because I don't venture in here very often. I've been playing this non-stop for a while now. Clocked about 50 hours of gameplay.

Jumping between 3 frames atm with a 4 building as we speak. Got a level 27 Rhino, 15 Nyx and 8 Oberon that I got last night. The 4th frame I've got building is a Nekros. Also juggling between Obex, Nikana, Bo, Cernos, Hikou, and a dual Zoren :D

Love this game.

Nice, I missed this thread because I don't venture in here very often. I've been playing this non-stop for a while now. Clocked about 50 hours of gameplay.

Jumping between 3 frames atm with a 4 building as we speak. Got a level 27 Rhino, 15 Nyx and 8 Oberon that I got last night. The 4th frame I've got building is a Nekros. Also juggling between Obex, Nikana, Bo, Cernos, Hikou, and a dual Zoren :D

Love this game.

Wanna join the NeoGAF clan?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
On rail conflicts, deathsnacks.com and how to be sure you get paid.

From time to time the dark sectors enter conflict, which means two clans or alliances battling for control of the node. The conflicts last 12 hours and while they're active you cannot do the usual dark sector defense/survival, instead they're replaced by an orokin mobile defense mission. You can chose wether to support the occupant or the attacker and when you extract you will do damage to the rail of the other team.

Clans and alliances often set battle pay, which means they're paying credits to you for running the mission for them. If the battle pay is good and you are quick, it's a great way to earn credits. The problem is that if the battle pay runs out and you extract you will not get paid. Bummer.

Here's where deathsnacks.com comes in. Go to the website, select warframe and below PS4 you will see invasion/alerts/sales/dark sector trackers. Click there.

You will be presented with a list of the dark sectors and their current status. You click on the dark sector you are interested on and it will expand with more info. In that expanded tab you will see a link called Current Health/Pay History. That's what you want, click there.

Now what you do, is select which side you want to support (ideally the one that's gonna pay more, so make a guess) and run the mission. Once you are finished, do not extract! Check deathsnacks! It will tell you how much your side is paying and more importantly how many pays are left. If you see less than 10 pays left, or if there's no battlepay set, you risk not getting paid! What you do is stay near extraction and keep refreshing deathsnacks. When you finally see battlepay, ideally with more than 10 pays in the reserve, then you extract. That maximizes your chances of getting the pay.

These missions are also a great source of rare mods for transmutation or simply if you need them.

There are conflicts all the time, but I've been tipped that tonight at 1am EST CERES-SEIMENI goes live and looks like it might get hot.

Happy hunting!

manfestival

That's a pretty nice skybox, actually.

reminds me of men in black. I am assuming someone divided by zero and that was the end result

Also getting paid 100k and 50k in two different runs supporting fellowship of the tenno was really nice the other night.

Ronin, if anything I was complaining all day about being showered in my own sweat.

Ronin Ray

reminds me of men in black. I am assuming someone divided by zero and that was the end result

Also getting paid 100k and 50k in two different runs supporting fellowship of the tenno was really nice the other night.

Ronin, if anything I was complaining all day about being showered in my own sweat.

Sexy Time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zephyr is so much fun. Thanks to Bitmap for suggesting her.

Also, there are two other GAF members I'm going to get into the game who could use invites. Smiley90 (SmileyFM on PSN) and damiserableman (same name on PSN). Figured I'd save them the hassle since they're both busy at the moment.

Apologies to the two I held back in a dark sector mission earlier. Still learning Zephyr and what works and was severely under leveled to do anything useful apart from spam Tornado for CC.

Thanks though. Helped a bunch with leveling.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Zephyr is so much fun. Thanks to Bitmap for suggesting her.

Also, there are two other GAF members I'm going to get into the game who could use invites. Smiley90 (SmileyFM on PSN) and damiserableman (same name on PSN). Figured I'd save them the hassle since they're both busy at the moment.

Glad to know you're having fun.

I sent clan invites to both of them.

EekTheKat

Wanna get into the gaf clan then?

Thanks - normally I would jump on immediately, but I think I'm going to hang on to my own little personal research lab. It's hard to give it up after I've built so much of it from the ground up.

I did wind up picking up a Boltor Prime blueprint and an Ember Prime blueprint though. Judging by all the people that use the Boltor Prime it seems like I should spend some time in building. I had Glaive Prime penciled in on something to go after next since I thought the original Glaive was kind of fun to use, but having to track down Gleaming Talon and the rest of the Glaive Prime Parts seems awfully annoying.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Thanks - normally I would jump on immediately, but I think I'm going to hang on to my own little personal research lab. It's hard to give it up after I've built so much of it from the ground up.

I did wind up picking up a Boltor Prime blueprint and an Ember Prime blueprint though. Judging by all the people that use the Boltor Prime it seems like I should spend some time in building. I had Glaive Prime penciled in on something to go after next since I thought the original Glaive was kind of fun to use, but having to track down Gleaming Talon and the rest of the Glaive Prime Parts seems awfully annoying.

That's ok, I understand. But if at anytime you feel like, just let us know.

Boltor Prime is top weapon atm. Must own, must potato, must forma.

Glaive Prime and Gleaming Talon is hit or miss. I love it and get good results, other are disappointed. But if you like the vanilla glaive, that's a good sign.

That's ok, I understand. But if at anytime you feel like, just let us know.

Boltor Prime is top weapon atm. Must own, must potato, must forma.

Glaive Prime and Gleaming Talon is hit or miss. I love it and get good results, other are disappointed. But if you like the vanilla glaive, that's a good sign.
If you equip a maxed out power throw on a throwing weapon the final bounce will explode with damage comparable to a Penta. It actually makes the throwing weapons quite nice.

Amon37

Ugh I was telling bitmap about this this morning but I wanted to bitch more. I was running an alert mission with my level 2 ember prime I just pulled from the foundry and my level 4 boltor prime. Apparently a pug was marked by G3. I've never ran into them before but I thought hey like the stalker they'll kill and move on.

Nope after the mission lotus tells me I've got some plug in my warframe and bp to remove it.

This take oxium and neurode and a neural sensor the last 2 I'm extremely low on.

Totally weak.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
These last few posts have been like a foreign language to me. Discourages me from playing every time.

These are thing that you will learn while playing the game, but there it goes:

Primes are generally improved variants of the regular gear. There's the braton and the braton prime, the burston and the burston prime and so on. There's also some Prime warframes like Mag Prime, Ember Prime, etc.

You acquire Prime gear doing Tower/Void missions. On top of being improved, they're also swaggier, with gold accents and sometimes moving parts, etc. So they're desirable.

Weapons and Warframes cap at rank 30 and you get 1 point to spend in mods per rank, so the top is 30. But some special items called catalysts and reactors (known as potatos) double that capacity. If you potato a weapon or warframe, you have 60 points for mods.

Formas are another tool to fit even more mod points into your gear. You might have noticed there's a symbol on the top right of the mods you have, one looks like a V, another like a D, another like a dash, etc. That's called the polarity of a mod. Well, slots in warframes and weapons also can have a polarity. All warframes come at least with 4 slots with a = polarity, that's the polarity only warframe powers have. Well, if the mod and the slot you put it in have the same polarity, the cost of that mod is halved. Serration has a V polarity and maxed costs 14 points. If you drop it on a slot that has a V, it will cost 7 instead. If a slot has no polarity the mod will cost what it says on the card and if you drop a mod on a slot with a different polarity, let's say a = mod into a - slot there's a penalty and the cost of the mod is increased.

Formas allow you to customize the polarity of a slot.

Generally speaking to fit a full suite of maxed out mods you need both a potato and some formas.

Power Throw is a mod that drops in the Void that can only be used on throwing weapons and that since couple matches ago has an additional effect, it causes an explosion in the last bounce. Throwable weapons generally bounce several times before returning to your hand. The glaive (and it's prime variant) are throwable weapons.

Gleaming Talon is a stance. You might have noticed that your melee weapon has a 9th mod slot. That's the stance slot, you can only have one stance in a weapon at a time since you can only fit stances in that slot. Equipping stances allows you to perform some combos, a bit like Devil May Cry. Gleaming Talon is the stance for throwable weapons like the glaive, and well, it's quite a bit rare.

A pug is a pick up group, a random group you join. Marked refers to being marked by a hunter. There's 3 hunters in this game that if you are marked have a chance to spawn during a mission and will attack you.The Grustrag Three (G3) are one of those hunters, they're a team of elite grineer. They're quite tough and if they kill you there's the possibility that they will install a restraining bolt to the frame you were using at the time. This bolt halves the damage you do against grineer so it is very desirable to get rid of it. The problem is, in order to remove it you need to craft using the foundry a piece of gear that requires very rare components which you need to craft other stuff like weapons, potatos or formas.

Amon37

These last few posts have been like a foreign language to me. Discourages me from playing every time.

It should encourage you to play more.
I've spent many hours just researching mods and weapons on the wiki on top of asking questions.

I have about 150 hours into this game and a couple nights some one would only invite you to a mission if you had "corrosive projection" equipped.

I had never heard of that and had to look it up even after playing for so long.

Warframe isn't an easy game to understand. I've been there.
I didn't even know about formas and potatoes until 20 hours into the game.

Now I'm feeling pretty decked out. I still hate the lack of queue for void missions, but I guess I can deal.

How good is a normal boltor if I just want to test out boltors while I'm collecting the boltor prime bps?

GoaThief

Just play and have fun.

Be warned, it can become an addiction of sorts. Was put off by my first frame, excalibur, but after getting Volt it's all spiralled from there.

Ronin Ray

Incoming 3 day weekend and I have 5 frames to level. Fun Fun fun. I want a Brakk but I think I am have to settle for a Detron. After hearing the Brakk horror stories I want no part in that pain.

Top Bottom