• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

VariantX

What's wrong with perfect world? Trying to read that thread but it exploded to over 150+ pages to dig up any usueful information on their history with past games.

What's wrong with perfect world? Trying to read that thread but it exploded to over 150+ pages to dig up any usueful information on their history with past games.

they're a horrible free to play company that uses the worst free to play model. everything they touch turns into pay to win. the game has a strong chance of going from ninjas play for free to ninjas pay a fee now

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Most famously, they love their lockboxes.

Let's say you do a tower run, but at the end instead of whatever you get a prime lockbox. That you need to spend platinum to open. That has a 90% chance of resulting in trash.

Anyways I do think this is happening otherwise they would have denied it already.

manfestival

Incoming 3 day weekend and I have 5 frames to level. Fun Fun fun. I want a Brakk but I think I am have to settle for a Detron. After hearing the Brakk horror stories I want no part in that pain.
Lets go brakk farming this weekend. I still need it. Dont chicken out man!

Everything is wrong with them. They are dead to me.

VariantX

Most famously, they love their lockboxes.

Let's say you do a tower run, but at the end instead of whatever you get a prime lockbox. That you need to spend platinum to open. That has a 90% chance of resulting in trash.

Anyways I do think this is happening otherwise they would have denied it already.

Oh shit. I just remembered this crap in blacklight retribution when I played that a while back on PC. I played that for 40+ hours and barely made any progress in that game. It had lots of lottery BS and lots of grinding too(just to unlock a single attachment) god help you if you want to build a whole gun. There's no way I could have progressed as much as I did in Warframe if this was a PWE game from the start. Getting a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about this game now.

David___

Banned
From the thread:

Y29ROkx.jpg

They already had me worried about the game's future when they introduced Argon Crystals.

This latest news isn't helping.

I hope for the best as DE has created something special, but I won't feel ripped off at all for the good times I've had in the game so far. Always pay for platinum to cover the fun I've already had, not for what I expect to get from the game in the future.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

It's a non binding agreement, but it is clear DE's shareholders want to sell and Sumpo/PW want to buy.

The only way this isn't happening is either if PW finds something nasty during the due diligence or if the final offer by PW is not acceptable to DE's shareholders. At this point however they've probably talked numbers which DE's shareholders liked so that's why they're proceeding to the next phase which is the due diligence.

The only unknown is how many treasury shares DE has since it is possible that standing shares might represent something like 20% of the shares but from past deals PW always goes for the full control so I wouldn't rely on this.

Being pessimistic, I would say the most we can hope from them is a clean PR statement confirming what we already know and the sale to happen in around two months.

If I were to guess, either Warframe is not profitable or the shareholders want to retire in a yacht, the SS PRIME ACCESS.

I do wonder wether the devs were even aware of this, there was an unusual amount of DE names reading the thread...

manfestival

I am in. Your conversation will make the time fly but I need one last Detron part first. I welcome your help. I plan to go ham on warframe this weekend. You see what I did there.

I need the detron too. Lets farm it up. We in this now! De si brateu!

Also warframe post Perfect World:
1404332237330_zps50fbda4d.png

HORRORSHØW

welp. rip in pepperonis warframe. good thing destiny's right around the corner.

and lol @ failed cert. didn't want loki prime anyway.

So its safe to assume that today isn't a good news day for DE.

I do wonder wether the devs were even aware of this, there was an unusual amount of DE names reading the thread...

DE strikes me as a really top heavy developer, so it wouldn't surprise me if the only people in the know were probably senior management and the like.

I just don't like the idea of this simply because PWE has a policy of non-communication between the devs and the players.

If anyone wants a taste of PWE's P2W model you need look no further than Black Light Retribution :/

http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/sehk/2014/0630/LTN20140630367.pdf

PROPOSED INVESTMENT IN DIGITAL EXTREMES

The board (the “Board”) of directors (the “Directors”) of the Company is pleased to announce that on
30th June 2014, the Company, Perfect Online Holding Limited (“Perfect Online”) (the Company and
Perfect Online collectively the “Purchasers” and each of them a “Purchaser”) and the shareholders (the
“Vendors”) of Digital Extremes Ltd. (“Digital Extremes”) entered into a non-binding term sheet (the
“Term Sheet”), pursuant to which the Purchasers intend to purchase, and Vendors intend to sell, all the
outstanding shares of Digital Extremes (“Proposed Investment”), subject to due diligence and execution

of definitive agreements between the parties.

Korten

Banned
If anyone wants a taste of PWE's P2W model you need look no further than Black Light Retribution :/

How different is the PC version of Blacklights cash shop? Cause in the PS4 version, they've
change it a lot, even adding a one time fee option that allows you to buy guns and such with match earned credits to
buy guns, armors, and mods permanent.

The game isn't very pay-to-win on PS4...

(As far as I know, the PS4 version is a head of the PC version.)

David___

Banned
How different is the PC version of Blacklights cash shop? Cause in the PS4 version, they've
change it a lot, even adding a one time fee option that allows you to buy guns and such with match earned credits to

Zombie Studios got the pub rights back and self published on PS4. PW has nothing to do with Blacklight on PS4.

VariantX

I haven't been back on the PC version in quite some time (6 months at least) so what I say now could have been changed up for something different today. But back then you could grind enough GP to permanently own parts, there's no option to own any parts except for the SMG reciever (5000 GP) in the PS4 version except with real cash. You seem to gain levels far faster in the PS4 version though.

Korten

Banned
I haven't been back on the PC version in quite some time (6 months at least) so what I say now could have been changed up for something different today. But back then you could grind enough GP to permanently own parts, there's no option to own any parts except for the SMG reciever (5000 GP) in the PS4 version except with real cash. You seem to gain levels far faster in the PS4 version though.

The PS4 is on a small rotation, however if you buy the $5(?) membership (one-time fee), it gives you a larger selection of things to buy pernament.

Dear Tenno,

You may have read something about the business development side of Digital Extremes and it may have you concerned. For legal reasons, we can't disclose specifics but if you know the history of Warframe you'd know that we are intent on having Warframe's design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes. Yes, opportunities will arise for us but the game itself is and will remain a labor of love.

-Steve

https://forums.warframe.com/index.p...me-shares-late-response-is-late/#entry2971458

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So whats the over/under on Steve and other top members getting the boot? They don't seem the type to let other people come in and change everything. PWE seem like the type to come in and change everything.

If I were to guess, being long timers they probably have some shares so they'll get a bonus and they'll make them sign no competes, garden leaves, and perhaps staying in the company for X time.

If I were to guess, being long timers they probably have some shares so they'll get a bonus and they'll make them sign no competes, garden leaves, and perhaps staying in the company for X time.

Yup, I'd imagine they'll be obligated to stick around for ~year to oversee the transition and then they'll take their share money and either retire or start up a new studio. Non-compete wouldn't be too feasible in Canada unless things are radically different in Ontario legally. . .

It'll be less visible team members that will likely be let go in the acquisition.

Ronin Ray

Saying things to appease to the masses? Sounds like the classico to me.

Ronin, last night this girl gave me a super long hug and I swear she was smelling me and taking deep breaths.

I am jealous I want someone to hug and smell me. Man your male stripper training is already working.

VariantX

Not trying sound way too negative on my end, but all I could read into that is that whatever direction the game takes, they don't have enough of a say in it to give their community a clear and definite statement about whats going on with the future of Warframe. Saying that you're intent on having the design stay in the hands of DE isn't a clear statement, it sounds like hope on Steve's part. I'll continue to just play the game until the day it turns into something I don't want to play anymore.

Reading between the lines, it pretty much confirms it's a total acquisition.

Sad times.

That's real talk man. I'm wondering why its come to this at this point. Is it because they know the game needs more reworking then they can afford? Do they just wanna sell out for the money and bail? Is Warframe actually profitable from a business stance point? These are all questions they've failed to answer.

It's a shame this is happening. I'm trying to see the glass as half full on this one, and knowing what I know about Perfect World Entertainment and their history I can't see this as anything but bad for the future of Warframe. I can't really feel too bad about it since I've gotten what? 4-5-600 hours worth of playtime out of my $32 dollars, so I can't complain too much. Its just a shame that we'll never see Warframe quite live up to its potential now :/

I'm hoping that Planet Side 2 can pick up Warframe's mantel as a F2P game that I actually want to play-if only they could release things in a timely fashion and not on SoE standard time.

Not trying sound way too negative on my end, but all I could read into that is that whatever direction the game takes, they don't have enough of a say in it to give their community a clear and definite statement about whats going on with the future of Warframe. Saying that you're intent on having the design stay in the hands of DE isn't a clear statement, it sounds like hope on Steve's part. I'll continue to just play the game until the day it turns into something I don't want to play anymore.

They've never really had a road map to begin with as to where they want this game to go in the first place. Steve himself even admitted to their dev strategy of just "implement first and fix it later" which is basically shoot first and ask questions later.

I'm basically in the same boat as you though. I'll get Loki Prime and then see what happens from there. My main goal was always 14-15 lvl mastery rank and I'm not that far away.

ShinMaruku

If perfect shithole buys them I am out. I never had a good experince from them to be quite honest. Their games have good systems but how the monetize just rubs me the wrong way....

I would have loved Neverwinter then the p2p thing and they removed some features and I have put perfect world in the same section I put EA.

Frologic

I have this sudden urge to play as much Warframe as possible. It's the beginning of the end and I must taste it in its most pure form before it gets tainted.

Let's chill with the doom and gloom until things start happening that prove we should be panicking.

Anyways, I completed my very first Nightmare Mode run tonight on Venus. The result of my first completion?

Brr-lTTCUAIGhLb.jpg:large

Brr-443CIAAx8wW.jpg:large

Now for this question: What's the best shotty for Zephyr I can use it on at Mastery 2 (or 3, soon to be, I just noticed from those screenshots)

Top Bottom