• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Sykotik

I don't have abilities to remove people, gonna need to wait for someone with higher clan rank to be able to squeeze you in, Xater. There is a guy who has only completed one mission and hasn't accepted the request so you should be able to fit in

I invited Xater, and gave you access to invite and remove.

TheWriter

So I just played the first survival mission on Apollodorus and we didn't have any time to revive each other cause we got swarmed by enemies. Don't know how to go on about that, I guess I will grind other missions until I can faceroll those survival missions?

Sykotik

So I just played the first survival mission on Apollodorus and we didn't have any time to revive each other cause we got swarmed by enemies. Don't know how to go on about that, I guess I will grind other missions until I can faceroll those survival missions?

Technically you only have to survive 5 minutes before you can run to the extraction. The enemies increase in number as well as level the longer you survive.

Axiom

I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have the Strict NAT problem for the PS4 version as I do on the PC version.

Alas it is so.

I have no idea what it is about this one game that just doesn't want to believe I've done any port forwarding, it looks like fun

Helscream

Banned
I think they need to adjust the deadzone values. Comparing this to battlefield and killzone the aiming doesn't feel nearly as smooth.

Edit: I'm not sure but the controls also seem to have different sensitivity values for x and y, hate that.

Yea having different sensitivity for horizontal and vertical movement drives me nuts, but I also think the acceleration that causes problems. I prefer to remove all acceleration and just rack up the sensitivity.

Problem: I have the blueprints for Rhino Helmet, Systems and Chassis and Trinity Helmet, Systems and Chassis in my inventory. I crafted the Rhino chassis no problem. Now, there is an X under Rhino systems and helmet, and Trinity systems and helmet. I rechecked the inventory, it's there. I don't have all the other components to build them, but there is a check under the rhino chassis for which I have two blueprints, so that's working correctly. What's going on?

oktarb

Reporting a clan invite request for the PS4 group. My original probably got lost in the shuffle.

PSN ID: Chaos-Mandatory

clan invite please :D

Lucent

Ninjas GRIND Free. Platinum is way too expensive, IMHO.

It is. The free 200 platinum was generous after seeing that $10 only gets you 170 or something. I dunno why they couldn't at least round that up to 200. Never going to buy platinum. Not for that.

I finally used some platinum because it seemed like finding a control module and orokin cell any time soon would be a pain and I wanted to finish my Trinity warframe.

How many warframe slots should I get?

Problem: I have the blueprints for Rhino Helmet, Systems and Chassis and Trinity Helmet, Systems and Chassis in my inventory. I crafted the Rhino chassis no problem. Now, there is an X under Rhino systems and helmet, and Trinity systems and helmet. I rechecked the inventory, it's there. I don't have all the other components to build them, but there is a check under the rhino chassis for which I have two blueprints, so that's working correctly. What's going on?

Probably not answering your question at all. Kinda hard for me to process that. lol. But the actual warframe blueprint will only get checks for each thing like chassis, helmet, and systems when those individual parts are done and claimed.

I'd buy like $30 worth of Platinum just to support the developer, but not with knowing the PC users can get 75% off Platinum pretty regularly. Hook up us PS4 players!

Frologic

How are new players doing with credits? There was a time when I had too many credits and the credit rewards for some missions were as high as 70000. Now that there's tons of things to spend credits on, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for new players.

Sykotik

I'm not sure I understand correctly. The red X indicates that you don't have the required components to craft the item, or the correct amount of components. If you crafted the item before-hand, and have a second blueprint, it only indicates whether you can craft the item again or not.

Have you purchased the actual Rhino blueprint from the Market?

Gaz_RB

How are new players doing with credits? There was a time when I had too many credits and the credit rewards for some missions were as high as 70000. Now that there's tons of things to spend credits on, I can't imagine how difficult it must be for new players.

This being a holiday and getting a 3 day credit boost from starting off really helped me get to a good start. It's been sort of a grind recently though, since the boost wore off. Alerts are nice though. Wish there was a twitter for PS4 alerts!

Gaz_RB

It is. The free 200 platinum was generous after seeing that $10 only gets you 170 or something. I dunno why they couldn't at least round that up to 200. Never going to buy platinum. Not for that.

I finally used some platinum because it seemed like finding a control module and orokin cell any time soon would be a pain and I wanted to finish my Trinity warframe.

Orokin Cells and Control Modules are actually really easy to get, I wouldn't spend money on them.

I'd save your money for slots. Buy them as you make warframes.

Edit: sorry for DP

I'm not sure I understand correctly. The red X indicates that you don't have the required components to craft the item, or the correct amount of components. If you crafted the item before-hand, and have a second blueprint, it only indicates whether you can craft the item again or not.

I have the 3 blueprints for for head, system and chassis for both Rhino and Trinity. There is an X under the slots for those pieces in the foundry. I'll try to get a photo.

url]

Probably not answering your question at all. Kinda hard for me to process that. lol. But the actual warframe blueprint will only get checks for each thing like chassis, helmet, and systems when those individual parts are done and claimed.

Thank you guys, also. :)

Lucent

Ahh ok, so it's not saying I don't have the blueprint, it's saying I don't have it built. Gotcha. Thank you very much.

Yeah this is what I meant. It makes sense too because if they were checked off for just having the blueprints it'd be easy to make the frames. lol

Sykotik

Can I get invite to the NeoGaf Clan?

I'm on PS4. Also whats the benefits of being in a clan?

Access to certain things, such as blueprints and events. No clan events are running, as far as I know. We also don't have any weapons researched, yet.

If your PSN is Mrcapcom, it says you're already in a clan.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So if I'm correct the game has its own friends list doesn't it ? But it's basically the persons PSN id which you need to add ?

Lucent

Any suggestions for melee weapon after Cronus? And main shooting weapon? I have the Strun but I really hate having to reload after six shots.

Sykotik

Any suggestions for melee weapon after Cronus? And main shooting weapon? I have the Strun but I really hate having to reload after six shots.

Orthos is very cheap to craft and does 3x damage to Infested. Latron is decent, but overall the early Primary weapons are lack-luster.

Edit: in my opinion. lol

Lucent

Orthos is very cheap to craft and does 3x damage to Infested. Latron is decent, but overall the early Primary weapons are lack-luster.

Yeah. I just feel like I'm still really weak compared to some of the people I've randomly joined up with.

I just need to get one orokin cell and I can make my Trinity warframe.

wsippel

Banned
Galatine if you're mastery rank 3 and have some Gallium and Rubedo - that thing is absolutely brutal even after U11. It's heavy and a charge weapon though, so it takes some getting used to. Still, the mat requirements are pretty reasonable and it wrecks shit. Just don't waste mod points on Fury or raw damage mods, put everything into charge speed, charge damage and range. Orthos is a good choice otherwise.

For early primaries, I second the Latron suggestion. Burston is cheap and everybody seems to hate it, but it isn't half bad when properly modded either. The Grineer assault rifles are a waste of time and resources in my opinion.

Edit: in my opinion. lol
There's no such thing as "triple damage against infested" or serrated blade damage after update 11 anymore I'm afraid.

Are there any weapons I should avoid? I'm using the Burston MK2, whatever those starter dual pistols are, and a crappy 2H sword currently. I'm going to get the Glaive soon, but I'm at a loss on what ranged weapons I should be considering.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Access to certain things, such as blueprints and events. No clan events are running, as far as I know. We also don't have any weapons researched, yet.

If your PSN is Mrcapcom, it says you're already in a clan.

I need an invite too, psn is BitmapFrogs

By the way so apparently Warframe does not interact with your regular friend list? You have to invite people in-game separately.

Portugeezer

Game is fun, I have no idea what is going on though, just shooting enemies and progressing. Will have to look into the upgrade and customisation systems.

Any room in the clan still? PSN is itsnervedamage.

I've started to figure out how forge stuff works, kind of funny how there is basically no explanation for anything. I just forged duplicate cards together and started building Cronus.

Lucent

Any room in the clan still? PSN is itsnervedamage.

I've started to figure out how forge stuff works, kind of funny how there is basically no explanation for anything. I just forged duplicate cards together and started building Cronus.

I think there were only 3 people so far that still haven't accepted the clan invite. The clan can only contain 30 members at the moment, but the next step is 100 people I'm pretty sure. I kinda doubt we'll need to upgrade anymore after that.

EDIT: I just got a Tower I Survival key for my login reward. lol. So I have a key for that and Capture.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I've just started playing this on PS4, and am interested in grouping up with other GAFers. PSN ID is Kurt-Niisan. A Clan invite would be nice as well :)

Any suggestion for a set of weapons to use?

I have a Loki 22, rank 2 with the forged Braton, Lex and Cronus. There are so many weapons, I really don't know which ones to go towards, but I feel I am lacking in the damage department.

Only things I'm currently pursuing are Rhino and Trinity.

As a side note: I got the pieces for those frames in like 4 and 3 runs respectively, is that normal or did I get lucky?

casmith07

Stopped in the Dojo today and saw that we're stuck at 99% on one of the upgrades.

What do we need? Forma? Where can I find some?

Also, do you all recommend selling mods? There are a ton I don't use and don't plan to use.

Atlas157

Any suggestion for a set of weapons to use?

I have a Loki 22, rank 2 with the forged Braton, Lex and Cronus. There are so many weapons, I really don't know which ones to go towards, but I feel I am lacking in the damage department.

Only things I'm currently pursuing are Rhino and Trinity.

As a side note: I got the pieces for those frames in like 4 and 3 runs respectively, is that normal or did I get lucky?

For weapons, I recommend you go on the Warframe Wiki and compare the weapons there, and go on Youtube to see how they perform. Each weapon is good in their own way. But some are better than others in the same category, obviously.

Sometimes you get lucky and get all the blueprints needed in a few runs, sometimes it goes into the double digits when looking for a specific piece. Like I just did 5 boss runs of the boss that drops Ash, but it took me around 20 to get the final piece for Rhino.

Yoday

So, I have a clan dojo key blueprint, but I haven't crafted it yet, as I don't know what the Dojo is for. Also, what is Forma, and why is it the suggested platinum dump?

For weapons, I recommend you go on the Warframe Wiki and compare the weapons there, and go on Youtube to see how they perform. Each weapon is good in their own way. But some are better than others in the same category, obviously.

Sometimes you get lucky and get all the blueprints needed in a few runs, sometimes it goes into the double digits when looking for a specific piece. Like I just did 5 boss runs of the boss that drops Ash, but it took me around 20 to get the final piece for Rhino.

Ahh damn, some RNG action going on. I'll check the stats on the weapons there, thanks! :)

Top Bottom