• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Dave1988

1422117360061vrxvp.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
How's the community for this game on PS4 right now? I played for only a few hours at the system's launch but stopped after that. are there still a lot of people playing online?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies for leaving abruptly earlier folks, my internet went funny and then I had family visit (they're still here!). I'll be on later tonight :)

frizby

How's the community for this game on PS4 right now? I played for only a few hours at the system's launch but stopped after that. are there still a lot of people playing online?

Always tons of people on PS4, and the GAF clan is pretty active these days.

VariantX

anyone recall the name of the node that some of us did rep farming on? Its name is totally escaping me at the moment

Edit: N/M. Stephano, Uranus

I'll probably be on later this evening if anyone in the clan wants to do rep farming with me later

frizby

anyone recall the name of the node that some of us did rep farming on? Its name is totally escaping me at the moment

Edit: N/M. Stephano, Uranus

I'll probably be on later this evening if anyone in the clan wants to do rep farming with me later

Yup. Stephano.

I'll prob be on around 7-8 EST for rep.

Wowbagger

hate this can't find session error

So it's not just me.

Every time I fire up the game, I get that "can't find session" error the first match I try to join. Started happening after the last few updates last year. Very annoying when I want to jump straight into some void mission I've been invited to.

frizby

Wow. I'm usually not a huge fan of DPS Energy weapons because they lack feedback, but the Synoid Gammacor is sick. Hits like a truck, pinpoint accurate, and both recharges and increases energy capacity.

Rep up Cephalon Suda or spend the plat. Worth it.

bLaiSe

Wow. I'm usually not a huge fan of DPS Energy weapons because they lack feedback, but the Synoid Gammacor is sick. Hits like a truck, pinpoint accurate, and both recharges and increases energy capacity.

Rep up Cephalon Suda or spend the plat. Worth it.
Slowpoke :p

bLaiSe

LOL

Think I sold 5 if them before leveling one up!

It's a silly gun, and I think it might be a rare candidate for Magnum Force. It boosts the power quite a bit with 3 elemental combos, and it makes it feel more "gun like". Love it.
Yeah, I use Magnum Force on it, too. The accuracy penalty is nothing with a rank 9 MF. It's one of those weapons where Seeker works amazingly well, too. Try it with Seeker if you can.

Wowbagger

I've only run into this problem when I've quit out of the game while still in a squad. Might be something to look out for.

Pretty sure I've never quit the game while in a squad, but I have had it crash on me a few times, and I do sometimes get a message on login saying my last match didn't end properly and asking if I want to rejoin it (even when it's 24 hours later, lol). I dunno... it's weird how it happens like clockwork in every one of my gaming sessions -- always the first match I try to join giving the error. Maybe my savedata is messed up somehow. I'm just gonna hope it sorts itself out in a patch or two.

VariantX

Pretty sure I've never quit the game while in a squad, but I have had it crash on me a few times, and I do sometimes get a message on login saying my last match didn't end properly and asking if I want to rejoin it (even when it's 24 hours later, lol). I dunno... it's weird how it happens like clockwork in every one of my gaming sessions -- always the first match I try to join giving the error. Maybe my savedata is messed up somehow. I'm just gonna hope it sorts itself out in a patch or two.

It does that anyway if I quit the game even from the liset. I wouldn't be surprised if it were related to the trophy bugs some how that popped up after the DDoS attacks on PSN.

Aeon712

Does the Rhino Prime BP not exist on T4 Exterminate any longer? Surely after 20 runs last night and 14 Sicarus Prime Barrels later I'm starting to hate the grind.

Ade

Hmm alright. Kind of want to buy the Nova Prime acess pack even as I have some PSN funds and it seems like really good value even if Nova isn't a warframe that I'm very interested in. Yay/nay?

Sure, you asked what to spend platinum on, not PSN cash. If your buying the Prime Pack, then you can buy slots with the platinum that brings :)

Danneee

Sure, you asked what to spend platinum on, not PSN cash. If your buying the Prime Pack, then you can buy slots with the platinum that brings :)

Haha yeah, I know I'm all over the place. I guess all Prime Access Packs feature the same stuff like 2600 platinum, weapons and a Prime Warframe? I'll just wait for a Prime pack with a Warframe I want instead. And buy slots for now.
I didn't even know you had to buy weapon slots just to store weapons. I take it even equipped weapons take up a slot? There are so many darn systems in this game and not a lot of handholding...

frizby

Does the Rhino Prime BP not exist on T4 Exterminate any longer? Surely after 20 runs last night and 14 Sicarus Prime Barrels later I'm starting to hate the grind.

I've gotten one recently just playing random pickup games.

With RNGesus, you sometimes have to find your inner peace and remind yourself that it's just a matter of time and that the credits and prime parts you're picking up are still worth your while. For some frames, I've gotten pretty lucky, and on others I've really had to wait, and that's just the nature of RNG. Nyx Prime was the worst example. 70-something Sicarus Prime Barrels looking for her chassis.

frizby

Where should I be playing this: PS4 or PC?

I like to think of PC Frame as beta testers.

In clan news, I installed a warp system to get around the dojo quicker. It currently has 8 points: Spawn, Trading Post, four Labs, Obstacle Course, and Observatory, and the first 6 are funded and building. Unfortunately, they take 350 Oxium each, but I fully funded 3 points, and Blaise funded another 2 points, and we split one more. If you happen to be in the dojo, whatever you can contribute is appreciated.

Danneee

In clan news, I installed a warp system to get around the dojo quicker. It currently has 8 points: Spawn, Trading Post, four Labs, Obstacle Course, and Observatory, and the first 6 are funded and building. Unfortunately, they take 350 Oxium each, but I fully funded 3 points, and Blaise funded another 2 points, and we split one more. If you happen to be in the dojo, whatever you can contribute is appreciated.

I don't really understand how the clan dojo works or if researched items are shared but I'll try to contribute with whatever I can when I get home tonight.

Wowbagger

I'd contribute if I wasn't saving up for Helios atm -- it's taking me forever! Oxium shouldn't be a problem after the next patch, though, when you'll get significantly more for every one of those Corpus drones. Want to say I read you might get as much as 15 for one.

I took a tour of the dojo today. Much kudos to those who put that place together. Good, clean layout and very nicely decorated central hall where the trading station is located. I made sure to feed the turtle. ;)

Wowbagger

Downloading this now. Looking forward to trying it out. Is there a dedicated PvP mode?

If you want a F2P PVP game, try Loadout or Planetside 2. This is first and foremost a co-op game. It has PVP elements, but they're not very good; there are plans to revamp the PVP this year, so maybe that will change.

I think I have some extra 600 oxium, I will log in and send some.

Haven't played in forever but it seems like frame rate is way better aand they added a lot of stuff. Looks like I have to unlock a bunch of locations still, anyone still working their way opening up planets? Who can I get a clan invite from?

Danneee

Haven't played in forever but it seems like frame rate is way better aand they added a lot of stuff. Looks like I have to unlock a bunch of locations still, anyone still working their way opening up planets? Who can I get a clan invite from?

I don't know who can send invites but I could help unlock the first bunch of planets planets, I'm stuck at Phobos though as it's hard to get a team together on the first mission there.

I don't know who can send invites but I could help unlock the first bunch of planets planets, I'm stuck at Phobos though as it's hard to get a team together on the first mission there.

Is there really a reason to go back to some of these nodes? Takes forever to randomly matchmake into them, and usually just one other person.

Working on Sedna and Phobos, psn same as GAF.

Danneee

Is there really a reason to go back to some of these nodes? Takes forever to randomly matchmake into them, and usually just one other person.

Working on Sedna and Phobos, psn same as GAF.

Well, as I understand it you need every mission unlocked on a planet to place a resource extractor. And you can only do special missions and events on already unlocked locations.

And to the two guys above post your psn and I can invite you to the clan.

Psn itsnervedamage, thanks!

I'm kind of lost on what I should be going after now. I got a level 30 frame and weapons, should I just keep powering up the damage mods like serrations? Or should I be trying to farm an aura from somewhere?

Top Bottom