• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

The relay is nice, but HOLY FUCK that framerate XD
Yeah, when the relays are crowded its pretty bad. That was my first experience, on Mercury's relay right after the update installed. There were dozens of players and things were chugging, and especially for items and effects further in the distance, like the lisets flying around inside the ship's hangar - an awesome looking space by the way.

A few hours later I joined a buddy to explore Saturn's relay and there were far fewer players - maybe a handful, and it ran smooth and silky.

I wouldn't mind spending my time in a system's relay rather than the liset if it ends up having all of the player ship amenities as well as factions and merchants and the like.

But man, it'd be nice if proximity chat could be supported here. I don't have a keyboard set up for my PS4, nor do I want one. It doesn't work with my space.

frizby

Status check, please, on the Itzal blueprint research. I wasn't able to play last night, but when I got off, we needed 7 Tellurium. Any progress?

Once the BP research is started, we'll have 3 days to collect 10 Tellurium for each of the 3 parts.

Thanks to Blaise, Undignify, and my buddy Careen for the assist yesterday. We grabbed 8 Tellurium of the 20 needed just in our few runs.

bLaiSe

Status check, please, on the Itzal blueprint research. I wasn't able to play last night, but when I got off, we needed 7 Tellurium. Any progress?

Once the BP research is started, we'll have 3 days to collect 10 Tellurium for each of the 3 parts.

Thanks to Blaise, Undignify, and my buddy Careen for the assist yesterday. We grabbed 8 Tellurium of the 20 needed just in our few runs.
We finished the farming yesterday night so the research has started. I farmed up 6 today, and we are about to farm some more.

frizby

We finished the farming yesterday night so the research has started. I farmed up 6 today, and we are about to farm some more.

Awesome! Thanks!

And also thanks for buying the resource booster. Bet that helped.

I'll be doing my part this evening, and hopefully we can have 30 pledged to apply right as the BP finishes.

Danneee

Alright, just got my first arch-wing and whoa that space section looked great. I can honestly say that this game have given me more value for money than any other so far this gen and it keeps on delivering.

I can honestly say that this game have given me more value for money than any other so far this gen and it keeps on delivering.
Definitely. And while open space is incredible, I think the trench runs look even better.

Its damn amazing to see things like Relays and Archwing and the UI overhaul make it into the game as free updates when its rare to see anything like that even offered as premium DLC in other games.

And either I'm getting worse at this game over time or else the difficulty has steadily been increasing. I'm talking about the enemy accuracy buffs, the prevalence of Exegis units (and now Nullifiers), traps and dramatic uptick in hunter unit invasions like the Stalker and all the faction death squads. I'm not complaining here - always thought Warframe was tuned to be a bit too easy.

And while I'm here - any word on when we'll see the void trader in the relays? Haven't seen him yet - only the terminals to sell prime parts for ducats, but I'd like to spend some of em too ya know? Or is there any ETA on the stress test?

bLaiSe

And while I'm here - any word on when we'll see the void trader in the relays? Haven't seen him yet - only the terminals to sell prime parts for ducats, but I'd like to spend some of em too ya know? Or is there any ETA on the stress test?
The Void Trader will come when the new archwing event will be over and he will appear at the defended relays every two weeks.

bLaiSe

Farmed enough Tellurium to cover the whole research for Itzal so you guys can keep yours. Hope I can be online when the BP research is done.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So anyone else find a reinforced orikon container in the void? Got a pre made forma, braton prime bp, and a 60 min affinity booster. Not bad.

bLaiSe

So anyone else find a reinforced orikon container in the void? Got a pre made forma, braton prime bp, and a 60 min affinity booster. Not bad.
Yup I found a few already. I was running a syndicate mission the other day and while I was searching for medallions I found a rare grineer container. It had 2 detonite injectors, 36k credits, 60 min credit booster, a R5 core and a Bronco BP.

PSA: me and careen started the Itzal research. 36 hours to go.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh there's non void ones too? Damn I need to do more syndicate mission then.

@aeon712 the void one was just in plain sight along with a bunch of regular void canisters.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Storage_Containers

Apparently there's two variations of each faction. Seems they can spawn in any mission just really rare. Interesting. Wonder if they were added with this update or not.

bLaiSe

Oh there's non void ones too? Damn I need to do more syndicate mission then.

@aeon712 the void one was just in plain sight along with a bunch of regular void canisters.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Storage_Containers

Apparently there's two variations of each faction. Seems they can spawn in any mission just really rare. Interesting. Wonder if they were added with this update or not.
I found three when playing the 15.5 update, so they were there before this update.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just downloaded and played the game on PS4 for the first time since PS4 launch. Holy shit. Its like a different game altogether. Was any of this quest stuff, ship hub etc in the game then? Controls feel so much better too.

Edgeward

No, that was all added in just in the last year. They have constantly made improvements. Launch version the framerate was dick butt everywhere especially in the void. Makes me wonder how I put up with it.

Bizazedo

Mesa is so ridiculous in Mobile Defense / Defenses. Singlehandedly rocked a Nightmare infested alert, all 3 randoms dead beside me.

Got on top of the box and 90% power efficiency'd the damn thing down.

frizby

Just downloaded and played the game on PS4 for the first time since PS4 launch. Holy shit. Its like a different game altogether. Was any of this quest stuff, ship hub etc in the game then? Controls feel so much better too.

Yup. Constantly improved and added to. Still get some glitches, but it's worth it for a game that runs circles around every retail game I've bought in years.

It's really a phenomenal game, and the player base continues to go strong despite taking some hits from other similar but stupidly overhyped games.

Ade

Yup. Constantly improved and added to. Still get some glitches, but it's worth it for a game that runs circles around every retail game I've bought in years.

It's really a phenomenal game, and the player base continues to go strong despite taking some hits from other similar but stupidly overhyped games.

This spurred me into doing this:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994448

More people should be aware of how ace Warframe is

frizby

I got the try the Itzal archwing on my way out this morning, and after playing with the first 3 powers, I like it. It's not going to touch the Elytron for raw damage, but it's definitely fun to play with.

It's there for the taking in the dojo. :)

bLaiSe

I got the try the Itzal archwing on my way out this morning, and after playing with the first 3 powers, I like it. It's not going to touch the Elytron for raw damage, but it's definitely fun to play with.

It's there for the taking in the dojo. :)
Most fun arching yet IMO. The king of Interception.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
God fucking damn it. Was doing the md alert, g3 show up then we can't input the data mass. No brakk parts for me. 500+ hrs only seen Em 3 times. Why is this still a problem? When I joined this glitch happened on a md alert. Gah fix your shit de.

Feel like I've just been spinning my wheels for 3 months cuz I haven't made any significant progress. No syndicates maxed, no new prime gear/frames. Exp takes forever to earn, it's impossible to solo t4 long enough anymore.

How do you vets deal with this? I know about the rep farm and all that but what kind of frame/gear do I need to be able to do that? I just want to get all the MR fodder out of the way quickly and work on the stuff I wanna use. The grind to grind for a chance to grind for a <5% chance to get something new is wearing on me.

God fucking damn it. Was doing the md alert, g3 show up then we can't input the data mass. No brakk parts for me. 500+ hrs only seen Em 3 times. Why is this still a problem? When I joined this glitch happened on a md alert. Gah fix your shit de.

Feel like I've just been spinning my wheels for 3 months cuz I haven't made any significant progress. No syndicates maxed, no new prime gear/frames. Exp takes forever to earn, it's impossible to solo t4 long enough anymore.

How do you vets deal with this? I know about the rep farm and all that but what kind of frame/gear do I need to be able to do that? I just want to get all the MR fodder out of the way quickly and work on the stuff I wanna use. The grind to grind for a chance to grind for a <5% chance to get something new is wearing on me.

If you dont have a core group to do most of the activities and started to do things solo then its time to get a break

Wowbagger

I missed out on two 5K standing medallions today. Had hunted down all eight medallions and hacked all consoles in a... uh, Spy mission, I guess, then an elevator door near the exit refused to open. What did I get on rerunning the mission? Eight frigging medallions of the lowest value and 9600 standing down the drain.

Ok, not quite as bad a bug as you ran into, so bonus story: Logged in today and missed an Orokin Catalyst alert by literally one second. Was about to select it when it poofed out of existence. :'(

Ask your clan mates for help then! I'm rarely too busy for a T4, though, sadly, I haven't had much luck recruiting from clan chat when I wanted to run some of my own keys.

You need a Trinity built for spamming Energy Vampire or an Excalibur built for spamming Radial Javelin. A Rhino/Roar is also ok, but not really needed. Someone else will have to give you the details for Trinity, but as for Excal, what you must have is max range (ie. Overextended + Stretch) to cover all capture zones in interception. Beyond that, the more spammable RJ is the better; ie mods like Natural Talent, Flow, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline (keep in mind the 75% efficiency cap) are all good. And some power is good too, of course. I run all those mods plus Transient Fortitude and Intensify.

frizby

Banner warframe day for me. Itzal was a revelation...like the day I figured out how good Loki was or the first time I saw Molecular Prime. It's like Ash and Zephyr had a baby, and that baby was an Archwing.

It's so good.

bLaiSe

Banner warframe day for me. Itzal was a revelation...like the day I figured out how good Loki was or the first time I saw Molecular Prime. It's like Ash and Zephyr had a baby, and that baby was an Archwing.

It's so good.
It's pretty good isn't it? :) Archwing became 100% more fun with the Itzal.

Oh and a PSA: I just visited the ducat kiosk and it has a timer now. The Void trader will be here tomorrow.

Bizazedo

You need a Trinity built for spamming Energy Vampire or an Excalibur built for spamming Radial Javelin. A Rhino/Roar is also ok, but not really needed. Someone else will have to give you the details for Trinity, but as for Excal, what you must have is max range (ie. Overextended + Stretch) to cover all capture zones in interception. Beyond that, the more spammable RJ is the better; ie mods like Natural Talent, Flow, Fleeting Expertise, Streamline (keep in mind the 75% efficiency cap) are all good. And some power is good too, of course. I run all those mods plus Transient Fortitude and Intensify.

Wait.

Power efficiency is capped at 75%? So maxing and having 90% isn't really 90% and a waste?

bLaiSe

what kind of prices are we talking here
The must have mod Primed Continuity is 350 ducats. The Mara Detron is 500 and the Prime Eos chest plate is 125. Can't remember the credit cost though. Primed Ravage is not worth getting if you're not a completionist IMO. There's no shotgun that has a good enough crit chance for it to be viable.

darkwing

The must have mod Primed Continuity is 350 ducats. The Mara Detron is 500 and the Prime Eos chest plate is 125. Can't remember the credit cost though. Primed Ravage is not worth getting if you're not a completionist IMO. There's no shotgun that has a good enough crit chance for it to be viable.

wow that is expensive

Top Bottom