• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bizazedo

Yep. All event weapons comes with a catalyst installed. I'm still rocking that Latron Wraith from Cryotic Front as my main primary weapon.

I was pleasantly surprised.

If anyone needs a Mesa for Void stuff, yell btw, I will whore myself out for any of those. I shoot things dead, good.

ced

I just started this to kill some time before next week.

So did Destiny completely rip off this games presentation like the player ships when loading and the social hub etc? They're almost identical.

Bizazedo

I just started this to kill some time before next week.

So did Destiny completely rip off this games presentation like the player ships when loading and the social hub etc? They're almost identical.

Social hub is new with the latest patch, so Destiny's tower came before it. That being said, the game does make Bungie look bad in some ways....

Ran some Void Towers last night. 4 Fang Blade Primes in one survival. C'moooooon variety.

Danneee

Damn Famorians to always appear on the last 2-3 planets I have yet to unlock. And noone plays the missions I need to pass to get to the bosses and unlock more planets. Sigh.

bLaiSe

Is anyone else unable to log in? I'm stuck on the "Connecting..." screen.

Edit: nevermind, it's offline for 2 hours for maintenance.

Damn Famorians to always appear on the last 2-3 planets I have yet to unlock. And noone plays the missions I need to pass to get to the bosses and unlock more planets. Sigh.
Ask for a taxi on clan chat. I would gladly taxi even though I'm too lazy to run the event more than once.

Danneee

Is anyone else unable to log in? I'm stuck on the "Connecting..." screen.

Edit: nevermind, it's offline for 2 hours for maintenance.

Ask for a taxi on clan chat. I would gladly taxi even though I'm too lazy to run the event more than once.

Alright! Will remember that, thanks a bunch!
Got the imperator vandal today but god those missions were buggy, half the time I spawned already dead...

Wowbagger

Think Mercury might be toast.

Good riddance!

I worked hard to save Saturn, but Mercury? Bah! Barely more than an asteroid.

Also, I'm kind of ready for this event to end. How many more of these Fomorians are we gonna have to fight? Please tell me Saturn won't be attacked a third time.

bLaiSe

Good riddance!

Also, I'm kind of ready for this event to end. How many more of these Fomorians are we gonna have to fight? Please tell me Saturn won't be attacked a third time.
The event ends tomorrow.

Bizazedo

Good riddance!

Yeah, it's gotten old, sadly. Gave us an excuse to level up some Archwings, though.

Ran a T4 Mobile Defense last night....Forma BP. Sigh :(.

Wowbagger

The event ends tomorrow.

Nice, just in time for the void trader!

Yeah, it's gotten old, sadly. Gave us an excuse to level up some Archwings, though.

Ran a T4 Mobile Defense last night....Forma BP. Sigh :(.

That it did. And I do love my Imperator Vandal. Once I had it levelled, I finally found the courage to give the Archwing mission on Uranus a try. Interception is pretty fun with the bump in difficulty (Earth gets so boring), but it gets frustrating when players are dead set on group hugging enemies and I have to decide between charging in on a suicide mission to attempt to revive them or stay at a safe distance and feel like an ass. I'm quickly becoming more comfortable with doing the latter.

I once got a Forma sixty minutes into a T4 survival. :'(

GoaThief

Wow, just fired Warframe up for the first time since Destiny paunch - big changes. Really not digging the new menu but I do not believe there is much I can do about that except suck it up if I wish to return.

Any more changes I should be aware of? Mechanics, stealth changes, significant weapon/item buffs/nerfs?

Bizazedo

Wow, just fired Warframe up for the first time since Destiny paunch - big changes. Really not digging the new menu but I do not believe there is much I can do about that except suck it up if I wish to return.

Any more changes I should be aware of? Mechanics, stealth changes, significant weapon/item buffs/nerfs?

It hasn't hit yet, but they're adding an 8 person raid. From what I saw on the Dev Stream, it looks fairly basic in terms of raids, but that's a good thing as Warframe has never had one before.

As for other stuff, I dunno, still fairly new myself.

Finally got my 3rd scan on the Stalker. His lore / bio is pretty damned cool and makes me wish the game focused more on story.

It insinuates that Tenno murdered the Orokin and he views them as bad guys. He was a guardsman of the Orokin and he hunts Tenno as revenge. The last line is pretty good, something like "Although you may not remember, you are not innocent."
Considering buds who got me into the game just called Stalker a mercenary when the bio seems to go against that, it was pretty interesting.

VariantX

I havent had much time to play lately, usually for an hour or so early in the morning or late at night, but I will try to at least catch the devstream tonight around 8pm EST tonight. Pretty sure a new frame will debut + some more Update 16 stuff as well. I should be playing more in the evenings like I used to hopefully next week.

VariantX

Probably depends on how much they feel they can pack into the next update. Wouldn't be surprised if we did go straight to 16 though. Otherwise, the next update would be 15.16.1 which has at least 1 new quest which will set up for U 16.

frizby

Lots of new stuff: frames, weapons, Archwings, Kubrows, tile sets, etc.

The menu (assume you mean your ship) will grow on you.

bLaiSe

Eh, this dragon frame is fugly. :/
e83c4bd08a73f5f503cfdbd005b9262d.jpg

frizby

Is this game like Destiny?

It's like Destiny with more content, more variety, more enemies, more characters with more powers, better progression, fewer currencies, deeper skill trees, better inventory management and better social features.

It also doesn't cost 90 dollars for half a game.

I'm totally not salty about Destiny.

bLaiSe

It's like Destiny with more content, more variety, more enemies, more characters with more powers, better progression, fewer currencies, deeper skill trees, better inventory management and better social features.

It also doesn't cost 90 dollars for half a game.

I'm totally not salty about Destiny.
Basically, the only thing Destiny does better is gunplay.

Basically, the only thing Destiny does better is gunplay.
And yet I still prefer Warframe because of its wealth of weapon types (all the usual shooter stuff in all shapes and sizes, but also bows, crossbows, whips, swords, wolverine claws, power fists, hammers, crazy beam weapons, etc), its particular combination of shooting and melee, and its high mobility once you get the handle of the parkour, coptering and sliding. There's also the option to disable aim-assist (thankfully) and far more variety in hit reactions (and various damage type procs) as well as customization options.

So even with combat I prefer Warframe for each aspect of it in isolation, but I still have a lot of fun with Destiny's strikes - which play out with a better pace and flow and sense of completion than Warframe's dynamic mission templates.

Destiny's environments also make me drool - Warframe can look very nice at times, but can't hold up against Destiny. Those visuals and the polished controls play into the enjoyment of everything really.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Is the barrel supposed to be rare? I found six of Em, along with 3 of each centaur part, a couple extra decuruin parts and almost a dozen Rathbone handles before I found the Rathbone head.

bLaiSe

Is the barrel supposed to be rare? I found six of Em, along with 3 of each centaur part, a couple extra decuruin parts and almost a dozen Rathbone handles before I found the Rathbone head.
It's just RNG. I've run at least 40 Corpus sabotages for the barrel.

Facism

I've just spunked through the first 5 or so missions. Tried some coop but I ended up with guys 10 times faster then me so it wasnt much fun.

frizby

I've just spunked through the first 5 or so missions. Tried some coop but I ended up with guys 10 times faster then me so it wasnt much fun.

The game is faster than most with lots of running and sliding. It can be off putting when you first start out with randoms, and the first few missions can be a bit tough solo, so it's a bit of a conundrum. It's really best to find somebody likeminded who's also just getting started or to find an exoerienced player to talk you through the nuances of getting around quickly.

There are also some decent YouTube videos on basic movement.

Top Bottom