• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

It's actually 30 vs 55 but no sane person should max their P Continuity. That 5% for 264 cores is not worth it considering it's not even a whole second on duration abilities.

I'm insane.

I'll take that 5%, and even moreso on frames where duration is used for range like Nova and Zephyr.

bLaiSe

I'm insane.

I'll take that 5%, and even moreso on frames where duration is used for range like Nova and Zephyr.
I mean I can easily max one with the tons of cores I was saving up for the primed mods but I just don't care for that 5%. I tried it with max (bought 2 maxed to sell for profit later :p) and rank 9 for Loki and there was no noticable difference whatsoever. I might max it later but I made up my mind when it came out on PC and I learnt about their credit/core cost.

Mutombo

I just installed the game, played about three missions.

So guys, help me out.

What's the fun factor? How awesome can your character get? How cool do enemies and missions become?

There is only co-op? No versus mode?

I basically keep on playing missions, level my character, so that I can be a better co-op player?

Kilvin

Would I be able to join the Gaf clan? Just fired the game up for the first time yesterday and I'm in love.

PSN:
King_Neptune-X

Danneee

I just installed the game, played about three missions.

So guys, help me out.

What's the fun factor? How awesome can your character get? How cool do enemies and missions become?

There is only co-op? No versus mode?

I basically keep on playing missions, level my character, so that I can be a better co-op player?

Pretty much, level stuff up, discovering and building new frames and weapons. Experimenting with modern combinations and clearing more
difficult missions. You yourself set the goals, like a specific frame or weapon you want to build and try.
There's PVP missions too.

You can get pretty awesome with the right combination of frame, mods and weapons.

frizby

The credit boost and void trader made for an interesting weekend. From 12M credits to under 10M and then back to 16M.

Welcome to the clan Kilvin! I think you'll find lots of helpful people, so please let us know if you need any early game guidance. It definitely helps, because the game is incredibly complex and deep with seemingly bottomless content.

Bizazedo

The credit boost and void trader made for an interesting weekend. From 12M credits to under 10M and then back to 16M.

Welcome to the clan Kilvin! I think you'll find lots of helpful people, so please let us know if you need any early game guidance. It definitely helps, because the game is incredibly complex and deep with seemingly bottomless content.

I didn't make a drive for the shotgun because I don't use shotguns. Is it a good weapon?

And if anyone needs a Mesa for Defenses / Survivals, just yell.

Is it just me or is Mesa's ultimate iffy when you're not the host?

When I'm host I can hold down the trigger and lay waste. When I'm not it doesn't seem to recognize me holding down the trigger all the time, or else its noticeably delayed, or just a crap shoot. I've been downed twice in public games because I was just standing there in Peacemaker-mode but doing nothing while enemies tore me to shreds.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So how's this event gonna work? I know we farm isotopes then run a mission but do we know how long each ship lasts or how many we need to get the rewards? Or how long the event is? I got college wed and don't wanna miss out. I assume it's like phorid where it takes awhile so should be okay assuming the isotopes are plastids rare and not tellerium rare.

frizby

I'm not sure if it's host dependent, but I do find that Mesa sort of disconnects if there's a dry spell in enemies, and I'll have to pull the trigger again. I like her a lot, but I find her to be very situational (like most other frames).

As for the event, I read the Eyes of Blight page on the wiki, and it might as well have been written in Sanskrit.

Saprol

Isotopes are simple to obtain. It's an excavation reward (like cryotic) on the planet which is being attacked.

Formorians show up for about 2 days(?). You get the battle point but lose the credit bonus if you don't hit the damage threshold. Only get one point per ship but you can keep doing it if you care about saving relays. PC players needed 15 points for all rewards. There were ~25 total ships that spawned although part of the event was during Christmas week.

Didn't like Archwing or the event. My starting loadout still isn't level 30 yet. I'll probably use the event rewards once I feel like collecting Limbo parts.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ah good that sounds doable. Will give me time to run to the mall after class tom and preorder bloodborne before eb jacks the price up to $75. What a joke. Why couldn't the dollar gave gone to shit in 2013/2014. This year actually looks great for games.

frizby

Pretty easy event, unless I'm missing something.

I assume when a Femorian is destroyed or the timer runs out, another one pops up? I'll get up a little early in the morning to see if there's a fresh one. Mercury is under 40%, so I'm hoping it gets wrapped up overnight.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
It's at 28.4% now(10pm here) so I'd think it would be.

Did DE put prime parts back in the void sabatage caches for us yet? Cuz I've done a few and only ever gotten fusion cores and one neurode.

Also looking for ppl to do t4 survival/interception. If anyone's interested lemme know

VariantX

did anyone have a fomorian disruptor activate on its own?? I didn't even get time to get inside of the thing and activate it and it just decided to go off without me even going into the gear menu.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
It's proximity based isn't it? As long as your close enough to the team(and the reactor?) when one person uses it it uses everyone's. My first run it said I was too far away from the group when I tried to use it. I got closer and when before I could open the gear menu the other guy used his and mine was gone. I believe that's how it works.

bLaiSe

It's at 28.4% now(10pm here) so I'd think it would be.

Did DE put prime parts back in the void sabatage caches for us yet? Cuz I've done a few and only ever gotten fusion cores and one neurode.

Also looking for ppl to do t4 survival/interception. If anyone's interested lemme know
They haven't put it back yet. On PC when you open all 3 you get one, but you only find out what you got at the end mission screen.

Bizazedo

It's proximity based isn't it? As long as your close enough to the team(and the reactor?) when one person uses it it uses everyone's. My first run it said I was too far away from the group when I tried to use it. I got closer and when before I could open the gear menu the other guy used his and mine was gone. I believe that's how it works.

It is, but....

If someone uses it, they get a warning that not everyone is there. They can continue trying to use it and override the warning, triggering it when someone is not close enough.

Wish I had leveled my archwings more and gotten more mods before this event (my first!), but still managed 1.3 million+ on both of the first two Fomorians. It's going to be a bitch if the enemy levels start going up on the later Fomorians.

Add me on PSN, Bizazedo. I'll help if I'm on.

Special C

I'm on Xbox One, but there is really no other place to talk about Warframe on GAF other than the PC thread. The console versions are pretty much identicle arent they?

Saprol

I'm on Xbox One, but there is really no other place to talk about Warframe on GAF other than the PC thread. The console versions are pretty much identicle arent they?
Consoles are usually on the same game version. I guess there's some cosmetic differences like with the exclusive Excalibur skin that makes you look like an Xbox.

frizby

In terms of performance, that seems to be the case. Both 1080P, anyway.

The big thing I'd miss is the touchpad for Warframe abilities. I know some folks don't use it, but I find it incredibly intuitive and responsive. And, and of course, I'd miss the NeoGAF clan.

I'm not sure what Xbox's policy is on F2P games or whether it matters to most. Can you play them online without Gold?

Consoles are usually on the same game version. I guess there's some cosmetic differences like with the exclusive Excalibur skin that makes you look like an Xbox.

Same skin on PS4, but in PS blue.

frizby

I was thinking that, but after this event, how often are we going to use Archwings? Already getting close to 2 million per Fomorian without the glitch and without exploiting.

I think they'll be more integrated into the game over time and that they're interesting enough to warrant a reactor. In many ways, they're being treated almost like they are Warframes, as they have very distinct personalities.

It's also fair to say that events have historically introduced new game types rather than ending them, or at least that's been the case with most. The only one that really fell flat was hijack.

And I'm also not a big fan of either Oberon or Hydroid.

Was just curious who else you had.

Bizazedo

Was just curious who else you had.

Hydroid, Oberon, Mesa (reactor'd), Frost Prime (reactor'd), Vauban (reactor'd), Rhino, Mag Prime, Mag, Ember, Nova Prime (reactor'd), Nova, Nekros (reactor'd). Can farm Saryn / Trinity if I really want to.

I have one built reactor waiting and the new BP now.

I want to put one in Rhino, but Rhino Prime exists, soooooo.....

bLaiSe

Hydroid, Oberon, Mesa (reactor'd), Frost Prime (reactor'd), Vauban (reactor'd), Rhino, Mag Prime, Mag, Ember, Nova Prime (reactor'd), Nova, Nekros (reactor'd). Can farm Saryn / Trinity if I really want to.

I have one built reactor waiting and the new BP now.

I want to put one in Rhino, but Rhino Prime exists, soooooo.....
Saryn is a good damage frame. It's one of those "press 4 to win" frames.

Bizazedo

Which rhino prime parts did you need? No interest in loki?

I could farm Loki, too, I guess, but not enough experience to know if I want him. I saw a well-built Oberon crushing everything with a press 4 to win button as well, hence my current craze.

I only have Rhino systems right now, I think. I need to sell my Mesa services to some people.

Seems to be a lot of those. Nova Prime is fun as fuck priming everything rooms away and just watching things explode. Mesa kills EVERYTHING it seems and an Oberon I saw did the same thing.

frizby

Saryn used to be more or less as described here...very powerful, but then Transient Fortitude happened, and now she's a fucking monster.

When I play with her, I typically do 75%+ of total team damage with my build. It's absolutely comical.

Wowbagger

I could farm Loki, too, I guess, but not enough experience to know if I want him. I saw a well-built Oberon crushing everything with a press 4 to win button as well, hence my current craze.

That's how I used Oberon once upon a time. It loses effectiveness in higher level content, though. I think you're better of spamming the heal ability and just using the ultimate for some CC now and then. The ultimate is nice for giving you just enough breathing room to get a heal off. Smite is also pretty good against heavy gunners and whatnot in long running void missions.

I used nothing but Oberon for a very long time when I started out playing this. Very fun frame and looks badass. :). Well worth a reactor, though he is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none, and I don't use him that much anymore.

I see you have Mag Prime as well. Been having great fun using her for any Corpus alerts or syndicate missions lately. Really fun with the new Shield Transference mod and a Synoid Gammacor. I suppose any frame would be fun with the latter. :)

An archwing, like Frizby suggests, isn't a bad idea either. The upcoming underwater tileset will require the use of archwings and we're also gonna have to fight some huge mutant monstrosity in space, similar to these Balor Fomorians, at some point.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
How long did it take you all to get transient fortitude btw? Cuz I've gone through almost half of my 50 t4md keys and it won't show up. Still looking for loki p helm, overextended, nyx/nova p stuff and a couple stances too. I've asked a few times in chat if ppl want to run stuff but I dunno if ppl are all busy or chat is messing up for others too (it gives me the lost connection then reconnect alot). I'd rather trade but I have a lil bit of plat. Could sell stuff too I guess but I have no idea what thing are worth and really don't want to deal with trade chat and scammers/haggling. This game needs a classifieds/ebay style system where I can just search by item/price and not spam chat hoping to not get ripped off.

Wowbagger

How long did it take you all to get transient fortitude btw? Cuz I've gone through almost half of my 50 t4md keys and it won't show up.

It being a vault mod might have something to do with it? xD

As one of the latest batch of vault mods, it's easy to farm. Good luck getting any of the older mods, like Overextended, though, as the drop rates of those are ridiculous now. I eventually gave up and bought mine.

Edit: I figure you probably know, but just in case: to get vault mods, you run Orokin Derelict Exterminate with dragon keys equipped (BPs in store) and search for a special door to unlock, then bring the artifact within to the exit. Best done as a four man squad bringing all the four different dragon keys to avoid wasted runs (finding vaults you cannot unlock).

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Um yeah I know how they work. My post was about how I've gone through 25 dragon keys(mad from t4 md keys) and it still hasn't dropped. I have 3-6 of all the other new ones and 3 more critical delays but no TF.

How much did overextended cost you btw?

bLaiSe

Um yeah I know how they work. My post was about how I've gone through 25 dragon keys(mad from t4 md keys) and it still hasn't dropped. I have 3-6 of all the other new ones and 3 more critical delays but no TF.

Older corrupted mods go for 20-40p. Try the European region for cheap mods. I decided to get an extra Fleeting Expertise for my Mesa since I don't use Blind Rage on her so there was 20% duration loss from my maxed one and I've managed to get one for 10p.

Wowbagger

Ah, of course, completely forgot you need void keys to build dragon keys. My bad. :)

You've had some really bad luck not getting TF using that many keys.

I paid 30p for Overextended.

frizby

Pretty sure I have a decent supply of old corrupted mods. 20p each for clan members, assuming that's on the cheap side.

Top Bottom