• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

bLaiSe

Wait, really? So Fast Hands does nothing for this weapon? The regular mod gives such a small boost that it's hard to notice a difference. Guess I just assumed it worked. :(
It does, but I just don't see the point using it on the Vectis for that 0,5 second reload speed gain. Just use the quick reloading method. Hit the reload button right after a shot.

Wowbagger

It does, but I just don't see the point using it on the Vectis for that 0,5 second reload speed gain. Just use the quick reloading method. Hit the reload button right after a shot.

Gotcha.

Having to manually reload after each shot sounds like it could get old real quick, though. I'm thinking Primed Fast Hands might make the weapon more fun to use as long as mission difficulty allows for it.

bLaiSe

Gotcha.

Having to manually reload after each shot sounds like it could get old real quick, though. I'm thinking Primed Fast Hands might make the weapon more fun to use as long as mission difficulty allows for it.
Idk, it keeps me twitchy for those quickscopes. :D

Maledict

I've currently got a problem with Warframe on my PS4, and was wondering if anyone could help.

I took a month off to do other stuff, and decided to pop in and see what's changed. However, every time I try logging in it says there's a problem with downloading some of the patches from the servers, and to try again later. It's been doing that for two days solid now, and nothing seems to actually be getting better.

Is this a known issue and is there a work around?

bLaiSe

I've currently got a problem with Warframe on my PS4, and was wondering if anyone could help.

I took a month off to do other stuff, and decided to pop in and see what's changed. However, every time I try logging in it says there's a problem with downloading some of the patches from the servers, and to try again later. It's been doing that for two days solid now, and nothing seems to actually be getting better.

Is this a known issue and is there a work around?
Have you tried reinstalling it? There's going to be a 9 GB patch soon which will enable automatic patch downloads. If reinstalling won't fix it, maybe that will.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
It's not new content. Well mostly. It's every patch up till now for some reason. Dunno why I have to re-download everything again. 9 gigs will take forever to download. Might not bother if this come out after bloodborne.

VariantX

damn is this patch replacing the entire game? I should have tried to patch it early this morning then it would be done by now. Really wish the PS4 would just auto-update this game so I wouldn't have to do this manually

Sure. It can replace the turtle.

uCu7a8j.gif

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
There's a prime vault? Aren't they taking stuff to the star chart? Plenty of nodes/planets. No need for that Disney shit. Too much time limited stuff as it is. Is the a tactical alert right off? Gonna take me a awhile to download this.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I know but they were always advertised as exclusive to founders. They could simply remove shit like latron/mag having multiple drop locations or add t1-3 interceptions, or void spy or move them to the derelict etc. I fully expect they'll return as prime access or something but the way they've gone about this and frankly so many other changes for the "good" of the game are baffling.

Yeah multiple things are in way to many places, especially the non rare items. Simply taking out void keys and and moving forma's to one location per mission type instead of all 4 would go a long way.

I can understand wanting to keep some things in multiple locations to "reduce the grind" for more basic and kinda more essential items that are not one use like a prime part, but its way to diluted with RNG sillyness.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I've been downloading since noon (4.5 hrs). I'm at 20% I hate my connection. Want to get this done before the next firmware/blood borne day 1 patch as those will take priority.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies for dp but I finished downloading this morning after leaving the ps4 on overnight, come home from college, launch the game and it's downloading another 600mb I thought the whole reason we had to re download the previous updates was so this doesn't happen anymore lol

Anyway for spy 2.0 how does detection/fail states go? I know they changed it so the enemy has little security stations or whatever but do you fail if you're seen at all or in certain areas? Also curious about rewards. I know that you can get the old elements sets but is it all rng or do certain planets/enemy tiers drop certain sets. Is it just the fire and lighting set. I think I only need the volt strike one.

VariantX

Apologies for dp but I finished downloading this morning after leaving the ps4 on overnight, come home from college, launch the game and it's downloading another 600mb I thought the whole reason we had to re download the previous updates was so this doesn't happen anymore lol

Anyway for spy 2.0 how does detection/fail states go? I know they changed it so the enemy has little security stations or whatever but do you fail if you're seen at all or in certain areas? Also curious about rewards. I know that you can get the old elements sets but is it all rng or do certain planets/enemy tiers drop certain sets. Is it just the fire and lighting set. I think I only need the volt strike one.

You simply fail if you don't get the data out in time before they wipe it. Also using non-silenced weapons are a big no-no. Also, some paths lock down during the detection phase. If you extract the data without being detected, you get a big affinity bonus. like on the harder planets over 10,000 affinity for a flawless extraction for example. You can just kill the guards/camera/drones with a silenced weapon and you wont get penalized even if the guy is staring right at the guy get a arrow through the skull.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
K thx. Time to dust off dread then.

Edit: lol nice to see that stability I've come to expect from DE. Game's crashed 3 times in 30 mins. No blue screen or error msg either. Guess I'll just watch the hockey game then.

frizby

Spy is still probably my least favorite mode, but 2.0 is definitely an improvement. My only concern is that it's just a few tiles, and you'll know them by heart pretty soon, and it will be a chore that only serves to slow the game down when speed is the game's strength.

I had better luck with Saryn than I did with Loki. It turns out enemy puddles suck at setting off alarms. And I imagine Excalibur with his super jump and greater range would be even better in most cases.

Thanks to whoever started the Tonbo research. Assume it was Blaise or Variant.

VariantX

Spy is still probably my least favorite mode, but 2.0 is definitely an improvement. My only concern is that it's just a few tiles, and you'll know them by heart pretty soon, and it will be a chore that only serves to slow the game down when speed is the game's strength.

I had better luck with Saryn than I did with Loki. It turns out enemy puddles suck at setting off alarms. And I imagine Excalibur with his super jump and greater range would be even better in most cases.

Wasn't me, I was only on long enough to do the spy missions to complete the quest, then ended up having to do a few other things that cut my playtime short yesterday.

and in other news, the dragon frame's defualt helmet was changed. Looks 100x better

https://warframe.com/sanctuary/

bLaiSe

Wasn't me either. I wanted to, but completely forgot about it tbh...

Btw, if anyone needs any kind of resource, just let me know. I'm stocking up on Nano Spores and Ferrite atm, but me booty hunter Hydroid is ready for anything. The new augment gives insane results with a drop chance booster.

Facism: Clan invite sent

DangerMan: Let me know if you'd like one as well

Turtle afficionados: Did I do OK? ;)

That'd be awesome thanks! PSN: Davion

Finally got back into town and have been getting in as much as I can. Got my Excalibur up to 25 and am rocking a Latron with Dual Ether. Loving this game! Took me way too long to figure out the mod system but now that I get it I'm tearing shit up.

What Frame do you guys recommend picking up second? Most people seem to say Rhino so that's where I was leaning. I love the look of the Loki's play style but imagine it will be a fair while till I get far enough in to craft one.

Special C

I'm having a hard time completing Limbo Theorem. Do the blueprints comes after a certain number of successful digs or is it completly random? I can usually get the first couple, but I never get the blueprint.

frizby

That'd be awesome thanks! PSN: Davion

Finally got back into town and have been getting in as much as I can. Got my Excalibur up to 25 and am rocking a Latron with Dual Ether. Loving this game! Took me way too long to figure out the mod system but now that I get it I'm tearing shit up.

What Frame do you guys recommend picking up second? Most people seem to say Rhino so that's where I was leaning. I love the look of the Loki's play style but imagine it will be a fair while till I get far enough in to craft one.

Invite sent.

If you're able this weekend, maybe we can help you get a frost prime.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
Special....that Blueprint is totally random for that Excavation Mode. We had to run it three times to finally get it. Much better and easier with at least three people.

BuzzZaw82 - PS4

bLaiSe

There are some pretty bad stealth nerfs in U16 which weren't mentioned in the patch notes.
Such as:
- Excalibur RJ LoS nerf,
- credit rewards were cut in half in the void and dark sectors,
- S Gammacor damage nerf,
- Kohm damage nerf,
- stealth kill affinity nerf

Wtf are you doing DE?! :S

Special C

There are some pretty bad stealth nerfs in U16 which weren't mentioned in the patch notes.
Such as:
- Excalibur RJ LoS nerf,
- Kohm damage nerf,

I don't blame them for cutting the credit rewards in Void. Right now there is little reason to do anything else.

VariantX

Such as:
- Excalibur RJ LoS nerf,
- Kohm damage nerf,

This is what happens when you introduce a bunch of new progression systems and currency which wasn't designed in tandem with how the game itself plays when people are NOT farming. They're just pussyfooting around what they really want to do, which is get rid of endless to protect the syndicate and ducat based currency systems and try to re-inflate the prices of void parts again. They're too scared to actually implement it because of the backlash from a vocal group vets that's going to come from it. I'd rather they just put a wave/time limit on endless and bother to re-design some of these tiles to discourage some farming tactics than screw with how the frames work.

No other #4 as far as I know requires LoS and they're more effective than RJ since it requires multiple cast to match the damage output of others, which have better CC, and don't lock you down in an animation as long. It would have been better to put a limit on the range of the skill so at least you couldn't kill people from other rooms.

Nerfing S. Gammacor to the extent that they did makes no sense to me because of how much work and time it is to get one. You have to get to the highest tier of that syndicate, which will take 10 or more days of just collecting rep, which in turn will cost thousands of rep points as well and a couple prime parts and a catalyst which also requires farming, spending plat or luck to get, and then get 100,000 more rep which will take you about a week or so to get back. Double or triple ammo consumption or increasing the weapons reload time would have been more reasonable.

Facism

I'd like to take a moment to thank Frizby for his time and help. He's gone out of his way to show me the ropes, answer my annoying questions and help open up content for me.

Cheers, mandem :)

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is the two kinds of groups who play this game. The founders/no lifers who play 8 hrs a day and live in trade chat and or complain about how easy everything is while in a group of 4 multi forma frames with maxed mids/weapons. Then everyone else who just want to do whatever goal they're working on before the mod/gun they're working towards gets nerfed for bring popular. Adding time gates and rng behind rng grind walls making weapons cost other weapons, syndicates require millions of credits or mod thousands of cores is just all part of trying to stretch out the playtime and get ppl to buy platinum.

They cant find a balance between The founders who will bitch about not getting content fast enough or it bring too easy and the ppl who go at their own pace and just want a chance to get and use some of these items. I don't think they know what they're doing and the way they coddle the "core" who frankly will never be happy and despite their bitching will grind on anyway is killing their game and driving the moderates out. The most common trophy for getting a rank 2 frame is only 39%. That's a pathetic retention rate. The grind isn't too bad at first but hits a wall soon enough.

I can't play at anyway due to the navigationscreen crashing the game but why should I? I could do another 50 runs of X mission and pray to rngesus for that one mod^part I need, feeling like work the whole time, finally find it then it gets nerfed or I could try other things. Give us the tools to experiment. Playing with load outs, trying new things, customizing our gear is the fun part. Not grinding the same level for weeks looking for said equipment.

I want to like this game again. I like some of the stuff they're bringing but they need to think more about how they design and implement these things. I don't want to be handed things but I want the game to be fair and respect my time. There's plenty of good ideas from ppl on their forums if they would only listen, take their time, and not try to pad out their exists content with grind walls. Telling players to do it our way only and be grateful for it doesn't work...unless you're bungie :p

Such as:
- Excalibur RJ LoS nerf,
- Kohm damage nerf,

Wow at the void credits rewards, really heartbreaking for me, now how do you will get credits since some mod upgrades requires a lot of credits

The problem is the two kinds of groups who play this game. The founders/no lifers who play 8 hrs a day and live in trade chat and or complain about how easy everything is while in a group of 4 multi forma frames with maxed mids/weapons. Then everyone else who just want to do whatever goal they're working on before the mod/gun they're working towards gets nerfed for bring popular. Adding time gates and rng behind rng grind walls making weapons cost other weapons, syndicates require millions of credits or mod thousands of cores is just all part of trying to stretch out the playtime and get ppl to buy platinum.

The problem is the game is base around grinding in long term then you have people who dont have time to farm it anymore but DE is keep adding more without real objetives or end game.

And they went crazy for those itzual archwings material

VariantX

Wow at the void credits rewards, really heartbreaking for me, now how do you will get credits since some mod upgrades requires a lot of credits

The problem is the game is base around grinding in long term then you have people who dont have time to farm it anymore but DE is keep adding more without real objetives or end game.

And they went crazy for those itzual archwings material

Shit I still don't have enough tellurium to build the remaining part to make itzal wings and ive been playing archwing interception for at least 10 hours over the past week. Im probably missing the drops simply because they dont stand out and look exactly any other drop.

Top Bottom