• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

Dojo is almost back in functional shape, and we have a second color researching. Crawler Blue looked close to the blue in our clan logo, so I thought that made sense to target next. Crawlers are also very common, and Hydroid apparently works.

Kill what you can and drop pigments in dojo.

So what I tried to do is move all of the dojo activities (dueling and obstacle course) to a single location close to spawn. So when you spawn, the trophy room is right behind you and those activities branch off from that room. The wings to the left and right of the main hall are essentially placeholders and are where the labs will move if they ever add more...Sentient Lab for instance. The Observatory is at the opposite end where the obstacle course used to be. On the teleport system, I'm calling it the "Bridge" because that's what I think of it as, and alphabetically, it lists it first and trading post last with all of the labs in between. I may add a teleport to the activities, but they are so close to the main hall teleport that it hardly makes sense.

Blaise will be happy to see that trophies are also still in the main hall, but only one of each to cut down the clutter a bit.

Tonight's project will be foliage in the trophy room. I'm pretty excited to spruce that room up!

Damn, nice work Frizby! Gonna check out all the changes after work, sounds like you put a lot of thought into it

Will get on killing some Crawlers ASAP

Amon37

Thanks

Trading time

Need a nova chassis and a soma stock.

Let me know what you might need or we'll discuss Plat if no trades are there. I'd rather give Plat to the clan.

VariantX

https://www.facebook.com/PlayWarframe/posts/879767422082777:0

U16 - Will be dropping on consoles this Thursday. Supposedly its pretty much everything up until 16.3 minus the raid from what I'm reading now on the official WF reddit. PvP is actually worth playing compared to the old version. Still needs tons more polish to deal with rampant issues like coptering and such.

As far as Chroma goes, you'll need other frame parts to construct him: (Volt helmet, Saryn Systems, Frost Chassis, and Ember Helmet) These are relatively easy to get thankfully and you'll probably want to start the construction of these things today so you can simply get to work on those. Another requirement is that you have already completed the stolen dreams questline as well.

If anyone hasn't seen or read an overview of Devstream 50 you can find it at the link below. There's a few good things coming that will help with QoL issues, such as the WF mobile app getting a decent update, etc.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-50-overview-0

frizby

Guess it's time to get your last rounds in with the Synoid Gammacor. Will miss that gun.

First new weapon will get me to Mastery Rank 19, so that's good news.

Amon37

The tidbits on U17 sound interesting. Looking foward to better login rewards and excal new ultimate.

They should really have tiered login rewards based on your mastery rank so each level of player gets rewards that match their level.

bLaiSe

Update is out and it's ELEVEN FUCKING GIGABYTES! And we are not even getting the raid! In 1 years time half of my PS4's HDD will be taken up by Warframe at this rate...

Update is out and it's ELEVEN FUCKING GIGABYTES! And we are not even getting the raid! In 1 years time half of my PS4's HDD will be taken up by Warframe at this rate...

At this rate this game is gonna kick Battlefield 4 of my HDD and make a nest there, good lord

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol so I have to download the whole thing again? I was gonna see if they managed to make the game playable for me again to kill time till witcher 3 But yeah...learn to patch ffs DE

Why do we not get the raid either? Second class indeed.

VariantX

Lol so I have to download the whole thing again? I was gonna see if they managed to make the game playable for me again to kill time till witcher 3 But yeah...learn to patch ffs DE

From what I recall, the performance on console was deemed unacceptable for release so it was withheld from this update so they could continue working on it.

From the forums again:

(DE)Drew said:
Trial PSA:
In order to get the Sanctuary Update for console through certification and into your hands as soon as possible, we were forced to make a concession and submit without including the Law of Retribution Trial.

It was a tough choice, but we don't believe Trial performance is currently acceptable on console, even with smaller group sizes. Rather than delay the update on console for everyone, we decided to push through certification without the Trial while we work harder on re-architecting and improving overall game performance.

We’ll post updates as we continue to make progress. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Not too interested in the raid honestly. Does it even support matchmaking? I remember an old dev stream where they basically agreed with Destiny's lack of raid matchmaking, which was a bummer to hear. And as it is I either run solo or with a friend or two, tops, so if I ever do raid it'll be a very rare occurrence.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I find that hilarious given how well the hubs ran at launch but whatever. I'll have a look at the forums after my final tomorrow and see if anyone else who had constant crashes can actually get past the navigation screen and actually play the game now.

Nope, you'll be in recruiting begging for people to play with. At least theres a set of ingame social tools to build a party with.
True that.

And also appreciated, they've added an "unstuck" command in this patch.

- Added an 'unstuck' command to help players escape from areas they would otherwise have had to leave the Mission to escape. The 'unstuck' command can ONLY be used when the player is alive, and will teleport the player to their last good position.
- The command can be used simply by typing /unstuck
- There is a 2 minute cooldown between use.

VariantX

I find that hilarious given how well the hubs ran at launch but whatever. I'll have a look at the forums after my final tomorrow and see if anyone else who had constant crashes can actually get past the navigation screen and actually play the game now.

What the hubs don't have is shit tons of overlapping particle effects going off on from 8 people fighting dozens and dozens of AI controlled NPC's. In some cases, the frame rate will drop into the 10's or lower on some mission types like, invasions when certain combinations of frames use their powers around the same time.

Amon37

Just got home and turned on the PS4, still trying to download 11 gigs,,hell no

At least I don't need to play until Saturday. I'll keep checking the official forums. To see when they fix it.

Has anybody heard of an ETA on a fix for the patcher's 11GB update problem? Would like to jump back in but am waiting on the fix.

Edit: Hmm, Dev Stream 51 is out and they talk aboot the huge PS4 update problem here.

Unfortunately, the way they're talking about it is in terms of keeping this from happening again, NOT in terms of fixing the current 11GB patch or replacing it with a smaller one. Doesn't sound like there's any fix or workaround or ETAs.

VariantX

Anyone getting the same frame rate issues I'm getting when playing conclave? The framerate starts out perfectly smooth with the initial 8 players, but when people start dropping out and new ones replace the old, the game's peformance begins to degrade until its stuck in the 15-20 fps range. It becomes literally impossible for me to play at that point, especially with guns that cant spray and require precision aim like the latrons.

bLaiSe

Anyone getting the same frame rate issues I'm getting when playing conclave? The framerate starts out perfectly smooth with the initial 8 players, but when people start dropping out and new ones replace the old, the game's peformance begins to degrade until its stuck in the 15-20 fps range. It becomes literally impossible for me to play at that point, especially with guns that cant spray and require precision aim like the latrons.
Yup, same.

frizby

I can't be bothered with PVP in this game. Just doesn't sound appealing.

Hopefully I can get any worthwhile PVP syndicate loot in trade.

frizby

PSA: Dual Raza and Kohmak research are complete in clan dojo. Dual Raza is in the Tenno Lab and Kohmak in the Grineer Lab. You'll need a set of Dual Kamas to build the Raza. Thanks to Blaise for funding research on both.

I was patient and waited for Chroma, so I'll have him tomorrow. I probably should have rushed the final build on Saturday morning. 50p would have been a pretty small price to pay to have him over the weekend. But at least I have something to look forward to!

Also looking forward to Charger Blue for the dojo!

bLaiSe

I think Chroma is meh and wasn't worth the rushing. I only rushed him to reach mastery 19 the day the update came out.

I have recently started using Ash melee only with his Blade Storm augment and never thought it'd be fun (I always stood by the "Why bring a knife to a gunfight?" principle), but it's like Warframe became a different game and melee is surprisingly viable late game. I put so many formas in my melee weapons in the past few days. :)

Amon37

I have to work 3 days this week starting Wednesday so I'll rush parts left Tuesday night and just him build naturally over those 3 days.

frizby

I think Chroma is meh and wasn't worth the rushing. I only rushed him to reach mastery 19 the day the update came out.

Why meh? He seems like a lot of fun and fairly powerful...certainly a step up from Limbo.

I was less than one weapon from Mastery 19 and hit it before the Aksomati and Ripkas were anywhere near 30, so that wasn't a concern. I just wanted to play with him over the weekend.

Ash seems to be either "swipe right to win" or "Loki light", but I haven't checked him out since Primed Continuity came out, so maybe there's a possibility for a more balanced build. But I also think he's the next Prime, so I may just wait.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Have they made any changes to the core gameplay since launch? I mean as far as animation and just the basic feel of the game. I know they added weapons and abilities. and those things require new animation, but I'm curious more about the basic, core gameplay like how the camera feels on the sticks, player control, traversal and such.

bLaiSe

Why meh? He seems like a lot of fun and fairly powerful...certainly a step up from Limbo.

I was less than one weapon from Mastery 19 and hit it before the Aksomati and Ripkas were anywhere near 30, so that wasn't a concern. I just wanted to play with him over the weekend.

Ash seems to be either "swipe right to win" or "Loki light", but I haven't checked him out since Primed Continuity came out, so maybe there's a possibility for a more balanced build. But I also think he's the next Prime, so I may just wait.
The self/team buffs he does are nice, but I hate how he looks (I just can't find a good looking color scheme for him) and his ultimate is weak IMO. I'll never use him. Not my type of frame.

Ash has many uses now if you utilize his augments. Press 4 to win, make teammates invisible as a support and a melee frame. My balanced build has 12 secs of invisiblity and I can keep up my melee multiplier (which affects Blade Storm's damage) for minutes if there are enough enemies, like in surv or def.
I was in the "You can't spell trash without Ash." camp for a long time, but he became one of my favorite frames thanks to his augments.
Can't wait for his Prime. :)

frizby

The self/team buffs he does are nice, but I hate how he looks (I just can't find a good looking color scheme for him) and his ultimate is weak IMO. I'll never use him. Not my type of frame.

Now that I've played with him, I get where you're coming from here. His 1 and 4 abilities are too weak to be useful. They also don't scale well and don't provide any real crowd control, so he ends up just being a tank, which is fine, but not "end game" fine. I also get the feeling that the buffs provided by Rhino and Mirage are probably just as effective, and they come on otherwise useful frames.

That said, he's a couple of minor buffs away from being solid. His breath needs a LOT more power, and his elemental ward needs more range. And I actually like the way he looks.

I potato'd the Kohmak, Aksomati and Dual Raza:

• Aksomati: Promising but ultimately underwhelming. Did a pure crit build.
  • Dual Raza: My first Berzerker build, and they are pretty damn fun. Looking at the stats, I'm not sure how they stack up against the Dual Ichors, but they're pretty close, and they look cool. My only problem with them is that I've gotten so used to using polearms for parkour purposes.
  • Kohmak: So damn good. It's like they took the best qualities of the Boar Prime and the Kohm and shoved them in a pistol. I almost regret that the syndicate guns proc so much, because it makes them always outshine amazing guns, and this is an amazing gun.

bLaiSe

Now that I've played with him, I get where you're coming from here. His 1 and 4 abilities are too weak to be useful. They also don't scale well and don't provide any real crowd control, so he ends up just being a tank, which is fine, but not "end game" fine. I also get the feeling that the buffs provided by Rhino and Mirage are probably just as effective, and they come on otherwise useful frames.

That said, he's a couple of minor buffs away from being solid. His breath needs a LOT more power, and his elemental ward needs more range. And I actually like the way he looks.

I potato'd the Kohmak, Aksomati and Dual Raza:

• Aksomati: Promising but ultimately underwhelming. Did a pure crit build.
  • Dual Raza: My first Berzerker build, and they are pretty damn fun. Looking at the stats, I'm not sure how they stack up against the Dual Ichors, but they're pretty close, and they look cool. My only problem with them is that I've gotten so used to using polearms for parkour purposes.
  • Kohmak: So damn good. It's like they took the best qualities of the Boar Prime and the Kohm and shoved them in a pistol. I almost regret that the syndicate guns proc so much, because it makes them always outshine amazing guns, and this is an amazing gun.

I like both the Aksomati and the Kohmak. The Aksomati hits so hard when it crits! Too bad the crit chance is only 44% and I have to sacrifice a slot for ammo mutation. I'd like to put Primed Heated Charge on it but there's just no space for that.
The Kohmak is just simply amazing though. That sound, the punch through and all those numbers from max spool pellets! <3
Primed pistol ammo mutation is so useful for both.

As for the syndicate guns, I very rarely use them anymore. Sure, the VMarelok makes you feel awesome when you're sniping enemies with it and the RBallistica hits like a truck and the proc is just the best, but I realized I need to change things up sometimes, because if I use the same few selection of guns I just get bored which will lead to a burnout again. And that's why I started playing melee only and can't wait for the Tonkor to arrive on PS4. :)

Gutss

Just started to play this game and i think i find a great mmo to play on my ps4, just got a odonata prime blue print today, is this worth to make guys? btw im using Volt lvl 20+ ^.^

frizby

Just started to play this game and i think i find a great mmo to play on my ps4, just got a odonata prime blue print today, is this worth to make guys? btw im using Volt lvl 20+ ^.^

Yeah, I guess it's an MMO of sorts, and yes it's a great one.

Keep in mind with Prime stuff that you also need the component parts to build them. For the Odonata, you need to find and build the Systems, Harness and Wings. The same goes for Prime (and all other) Warframes, where you have to build the Helmet, Systems and Chassis before combining them with the main blueprint. Prime weapons don't require you to build their component parts, but you do still have to find them in "the void".

Also keep in mind with the Odonata Prime that you need to have access to Archwings to even use it, so you'll need to activate and complete the Archwing quest from the Codex. Otherwise, it will just be a built "thing" that you can't do anything with.

Best early advice: Don't spend platinum on anything other than slots for frames in the short term, and make sure to get some use out of the Warframe Wiki.

Feel free to ask anything here, and let us know if you'd like to join the NeoGAF Clan.

Welcome!

VariantX

Theres a treasury ship alert effective for the next 40 or so minutes with a 50000 credit reward. Its a spy mission so bring lots of ciphers and your best stealth setups for this one.

Mrcapcom

Hold up they have raids now? I have been gone for awhile. How is everyone? Is everyone back? Am I still in the clan or nah?

Top Bottom