• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

VariantX

Just read that cryo rounds was changed from a max 9 drain to 11 to bring it in line with other mods. Except the other mods are not "D" polarity and this one still is...

DE probably should probably add some "D" polarity mods so people dont audibly groan everytime we see a weapon with a "D" in the first mod slot.

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
I'd like to take a moment to thank Frizby for his time and help. He's gone out of his way to show me the ropes, answer my annoying questions and help open up content for me.

Cheers, mandem :)

I've known Chess (Frizby) before the PS4 even came out. I was actually playing on the 360 and decided to go with the PS4 over XO for several reasons. So I started to line up friends with games coming out. The more we saw of Warframe trailers the more we became convinced this was going to be a game to play.

We've played together since day one with breaks here & there for other games. The game has grown considerably since it first came out....and Chess has always been there to sort it and figure it out. Always one to lean on for a bit of guidance and help along the way And of course probably earned the ire and slight disappointment on more occasions than I can count. But he is as good as they come when help is needed....heed his advice very well....it will pay off.

PS4 - BuzzZaw82

Special C

I just got cheated out of 300,000 in battle pay. I was supporting a rail conflict with a battle pay of 50,000 (This is on Xbox One). Did 6 long missions without paying attention to my credits. Didn't get a single credit. Did they change it so you get the payout at the end like an NPC invasion or something? It wasn't part of my alliance so I should always get battle pay right? I checked prior to each battle and there was battle pay each time.

VariantX

I just got cheated out of 300,000 in battle pay. I was supporting a rail conflict with a battle pay of 50,000 (This is on Xbox One). Did 6 long missions without paying attention to my credits. Didn't get a single credit. Did they change it so you get the payout at the end like an NPC invasion or something? It wasn't part of my alliance so I should always get battle pay right? I checked prior to each battle and there was battle pay each time.

Unfortunately, battle pay is not locked in when you start a rail conflict mission. if they put up 1 million credits to pay for people to fight for their side and if it runs out before you finish the mission, you literally get nothing for your time. I really dont bother with these unless a clan/alliance has a huge pool of credits to pay people from. Also, people who use broken PvP set ups will probably finish conflicts in 5 or so minutes or less each run unless theres a defending team that uses the same broken stuff. Exactly why PvP progression was finally divorced from PvE progression in U 16 and its much better for it after playing a few rounds of that.

Special C

Unfortunately, battle pay is not locked in when you start a rail conflict mission. if they put up 1 million credits to pay for people to fight for their side and if it runs out before you finish the mission, you literally get nothing for your time. I really dont bother with these unless a clan/alliance has a huge pool of credits to pay people from. Also, people who use broken PvP set ups will probably finish conflicts in 5 or so minutes or less each run unless theres a defending team that uses the same broken stuff. Exactly why PvP progression was finally divorced from PvE progression in U 16 and its much better for it after playing a few rounds of that.

There was about a million in reserves at the start. I watched it progressivly go down each time I started the mission but It never fell below 300k when I was playing.

frizby

Awww...frizby love...thx fellas. <3 Happy to help.

Not crazy about some of the new nerfs, but I'll remain open minded for now.

Synoid Gammacor: The Gammacor definitely needed a small nerf, because the gun has virtually no drawbacks, but on paper, it sounds like they went just a bit too far with the ammo, sort of like how they broke the Penta/Ogris. But I also don't pay attention to my ammo consumption on the Gammacor, so it might not be that big a deal as a practical matter, and it also might prompt me to mix it up with the Brakk/Despair, which I suspect was DE's intent.

Credit rewards: This reminds me of what they did with Syndicate Rep, where they cut your "farming" reward in half but bumped up your rewards for Syndicate Alerts and easter egg hunts. Right now, void and dark sectors are virtually all I play, so cutting my incentive to play them and bumping up my incentive to play the rest of the star chart (hopefully) is probably smart.

Excalibur: Line of Sight Radial Javelin nerf should come with a restoration of his Radial Blind IMO. He's been nerfed hard in the past couple of updates, and it's a shame to see a stupid thing like rep farming cause an already marginally useful frame to go the way of Ember.

Kohm: God fucking dammit!!!!! I really like that gun, and it doesn't feel any more overpowered than other upper tier weapons.

Turtle: Frizby nerfed your turtle. Deal with it. ;)
Seriously though, wall run and back flip will get you up there every time. :)

frizby

Forgot about the vaulting of Frost/Latron/Reaper Prime:

I like the idea of rotating content in and out of circulation both to concentrate the drop tables a bit and to extend the "events" in the game. Every time a set comes back in circulation, it will be a big deal, and will give new life to older primes. It also probably makes DE a lot of money for platinum as people buy them from other players (I'm absolutely OK with this), and it rewards regular players a lot of platinum for their stashes.

So I guess Mag is next...need to look up which weapons she came with.

Bizazedo

So, I ran Hydroid with the new augment with a buddies Nekros with Despoil in a survival. A third player joined playing Mirage.

Omg, the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag all of the effects caused. I dunno how we're going to do 8 man raids with all the lag those three Warframes caused.

That aside, Hydroid + Nekros together is sick farming. I know Hydroid gets a lot of shit, but I really dug him last night.

Forgot about the vaulting of Frost/Latron/Reaper Prime:

I like the idea of rotating content in and out of circulation both to concentrate the drop tables a bit and to extend the "events" in the game. Every time a set comes back in circulation, it will be a big deal, and will give new life to older primes. It also probably makes DE a lot of money for platinum as people buy them from other players (I'm absolutely OK with this), and it rewards regular players a lot of platinum for their stashes.

So I guess Mag is next...need to look up which weapons she came with.

The real question is how long to hold onto Frost and the rest before selling since it will come back, eventually. I already had Frost Prime and finished up farming for Latron on Sunday. I have two Reaper Prime sets, will build one for myself, and picked up Frost Prime again from what I assume was a clueless dude for 40 plat and farmed three of the four pieces for another Frost Prime set last night.

And if Mag *is* next.....argh, Ducats.....

frizby

So, I ran Hydroid with the new augment with a buddies Nekros with Despoil in a survival. A third player joined playing Mirage.

Omg, the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag all of the effects caused. I dunno how we're going to do 8 man raids with all the lag those three Warframes caused.

Lag is usually more host dependent than frame dependent, and the only two frames that I've really seen cause lag problems are Vauban and Zephyr...I assume because of the physics involved.

Bizazedo

Lag is usually more host dependent than frame dependent, and the only two frames that I've really seen cause lag problems are Vauban and Zephyr...I assume because of the physics involved.

Normally, that's the case for me, too, but this time it was definitely graphical. Makes me wonder if it was due to Pilfering Swarm / Despoil.

Oh, Nekros' ability, when it goes off, usually makes the corpses disappear. When the corpses were being ragdolled by the tentacles, they didn't disappear and my buddy Nekros swore that he was able to use his ability multiple times due to this.

Add to this overextended / stretch / TONS of enemies.....I dunno.

Dave1988

ywrxNVE.jpg

Looks baaad.

Dave1988

Oh...daaaamn....looks great.

Where them parts?

Wiki says (PC ver):

Volt Prime:

Blueprint Void Tower IV Capture
Helmet Void Tower III Survival (Rotation B)
Chassis Void Tower III Survival (Rotation C)
Systems Void Tower I Survival (Rotation C)

Odonata Prime:

Blueprint Void Tower I Capture
Void Tower IV Capture
Harness Void Tower I Sabotage
Wings Void Tower IV Survival (Rotation C)
Systems Void Tower I Survival (Rotation A)

VariantX

Wiki says (PC ver):

Volt Prime:

Blueprint Void Tower IV Capture
Helmet Void Tower III Survival (Rotation B)
Chassis Void Tower III Survival (Rotation C)
Systems Void Tower I Survival (Rotation C)

Odonata Prime:

Blueprint Void Tower I Capture
Void Tower IV Capture
Harness Void Tower I Sabotage
Wings Void Tower IV Survival (Rotation C)
Systems Void Tower I Survival (Rotation A)

Not bad, its even possible to get the Helmet and Chassis on a single run too.

edit: eh, cant read at all.. not possible...

frizby

Got that Volt BP finally. Ran at least 30-40 T4caps. Will be done Sunday morning.

Now I'm stuck on Odonata doing the same thing but on T1cap. Have run about 25 so far.

Really tired of capture missions.

bLaiSe

Got that Volt BP finally. Ran at least 30-40 T4caps. Will be done Sunday morning.

Now I'm stuck on Odonata doing the same thing but on T1cap. Have run about 25 so far.

Really tired of capture missions.
I had to do like 25-30 runs for the BP. Then my friends got online, one of them had 1 single key so we gave it a shot. BAM Volt BP. Lucky summabitches...
I'm still farming for the chassis, haven't even tried farming for Odonata parts.

theWB27

I usually don't farm for many parts purposely...but Volt is one of my favor frames and so far I need two more parts. BP and systems. Odonata is tempting, but I haven't played any archwing missions since about the first couple weeks it released.

frizby

I hear people say how much they like Volt, but it's pretty rare that I see him in game. He was sort of my first frame, and I never really revisited him since his shield got a buff, but it seems to me that his shield is his best power. His AOE isn't that great and leaves him exposed and speed is only marginally useful except in very specific scenarios.

Anyway, the prime version is a good excuse to give him another look. Duration for shield/sprint and a bit of power I suppose?

bLaiSe

I hear people say how much they like Volt, but it's pretty rare that I see him in game. He was sort of my first frame, and I never really revisited him since his shield got a buff, but it seems to me that his shield is his best power. His AOE isn't that great and leaves him exposed and speed is only marginally useful except in very specific scenarios.

Anyway, the prime version is a good excuse to give him another look. Duration for shield/sprint and a bit of power I suppose?
Yup. Arcane helm + Intensify gives enough buff for Speed IMO, so my build mainly focuses on his shield. All duration mods, Streamline, Primed Flow (800 energy pool, hell yeah), Rush because he's slower than the turtle in our dojo, Vitality.

Yay, Mirage alt Helmet acquired, couldnt do nothing in the mission because my archwing equipment is pretty bad

I saw him pretty often in lower level areas before saturn and jupiter.

VariantX

Its weird, I find him fun to use, but hes never really "appropriate" for the content I usually end up running and default to other frames with hard lockdown abilities, or just doing loki when I want to do a Void Capture as quickly as possible. Having the same issues now that I've gotten around to building an Ember to spice things up as shes kind of fun too, but not "appropriate".

Saprol

Volt is a literal headache to play because his speed buff expands the FOV for the caster. They got rid of the effect for teammates but not the Volt himself. Apparently it's less noticeable at lower settings because it's a multiplier so I might try that out next time.

frizby

Nabbed those taters and taxi'd some of the new guys in the clan.

On a whim, I also potato'd and forma'd my Banshee just to give her an actual chance, and she's...more interesting than I thought. Soundquake is terrible and useless, but the rest of her powers are pretty good, especially Silence, which I found most amusing with some added range. It was like a mobile and constant Radial Blind, which is to say that it's immensely potent short term crowd control that allows you to play fairly recklessly.

Tomorrow, I'll probably try to run her with a shotgun and her augment mod to see what use I can make of Sonar.

And Volt with Shocking Speed is officially the new king of Capture missions.

frizby

Void trader is up on Eris.

He brings Primed Heated Charge, which pushes your pistol fire damage from 90 to 165. Tasty.

He also brings a gun, the Prisma Gorgon, which has slightly higher crit chance and quite a bit more accuracy than the Gorgon Wraith or the normal Gorgon. It's worth picking up for mastery, if nothing else, and it honestly doesn't seem too bad. Zero polarized slots though.

Finally a flaming Sugatra for dressing up your melee weapons.

And don't forget to pick up the Easter color pack for 1 credit or the bunny ears for 5,000 credits.

bLaiSe

Primed Heated Charge is pretty good. Made my Rakta Ballistica do 4300 more heat damage. Now it has 15k combined damage. :)

frizby

Primed Heated Charge is pretty good. Made my Rakta Ballistica do 4300 more heat damage. Now it has 15k combined damage. :)

That's pretty impressive. It's nice to know that we'll have some good options when the Gammacor gets the nerfhammer. I put some work into the Vaykor Marekoc, and that's gonna be a really solid option too. And I think as a practical matter that recharging health will be more useful than charging energy.

The thread and game seem to have hit a bit of a lull. Guessing it's Bloodborne and people will find their way back just like they did with Destiny and Diablo. Hope so anyway. Things are just getting interesting!

VariantX

That's pretty impressive. It's nice to know that we'll have some good options when the Gammacor gets the nerfhammer. I put some work into the Vaykor Marekoc, and that's gonna be a really solid option too. And I think as a practical matter that recharging health will be more useful than charging energy.

The thread and game seem to have hit a bit of a lull. Guessing it's Bloodborne and people will find their way back just like they did with Destiny and Diablo. Hope so anyway. Things are just getting interesting!

Seems that way for me, except I'm just popping in every now and again when im not playing FF type 0 or trying to figure out how the Unreal 4 editor works and stuff.

frizby

Yeah. I've taken the liberty of inviting a few randoms into the clan and am vetting them as I go. I've also kicked a bunch of people, but they can always get back in later if they pick the game back up.

Was happy to see that the new helmets started dropping in alerts. Got the Slipstream Nova and Enigma Loki ones this weekend. I can't see giving up Loki's arcane Swindle, but that Slipstream Nova helm might see some action.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I've been struggling with trying to maintain attention to this game. Bloodborne took a huge hit on my main groups run time (I need to add a few of you guys as friends, obviously, despite that I'm stuck in PS4's buddy's clan).

I managed to get the weapon, but just ignored the mod as I normally don't use pistols. The comments in this thread make me regret it, though.

frizby

Yeah, I've been struggling with trying to maintain attention to this game. Bloodborne took a huge hit on my main groups run time (I need to add a few of you guys as friends, obviously, despite that I'm stuck in PS4's buddy's clan).

If those guys ever stop playing, you can always leave that clan and join ours, and you're welcome to bring some of them with you.

I managed to get the weapon, but just ignored the mod as I normally don't use pistols. The comments in this thread make me regret it, though.

If you had to choose between the two, the mod would have been a better choice. Really, secondaries are some of the most interesting weapons on the game...especially with the introduction of syndicate weapons.

Played for the first time in weeks over the weekend and noticed a ton of small changes, but the biggest for me was the particles. Looks like we finally have the particle effects showcased in videos before the PS4 launch :) Seriously, its fucking wondrous.

That and a lot of small touches to the audio, some new effects when using some of Volt's powers, and is it just me or do you get a weird blue wavy screen effect when your shields pop? Or is that something else?

This latest update was the only one that I didn't read the full change-log for - there was just way too much stuff.

That and a lot of small touches to the audio, some new effects when using some of Volt's powers, and is it just me or do you get a weird blue wavy screen effect when your shields pop? Or is that something else?

This latest update was the only one that I didn't read the full change-log for - there was just way too much stuff.

Dat Halo feels, I feel the shield depleted indicator annoying after some time, and good lord too much stuff I am still trying to figure out what is happening

frizby

So I've been playing around with some of the weapon augment mods, and a few of them are really good. My favorite so far is this one, mostly because it's for the Burston Prime, a gun I already like:

225px-GildedTruth.png

It basically replaces a Shred mod (30% fire rate and punch through) in my normal Burston Prime build, so I'm getting an additional 50% fire rate plus it now procs like a syndicate gun...in this case "Truth", which recharges your health and procs gas damage. I think as a practical matter, I'm finding the health recharge more useful than energy, since my frame builds all start with efficiency. Available from Arbiters of Hexis.

And when the Gammacor gets nerfed, this is your replacement right here:

SMMarelok.png

The Vaykor Marelok hits like a truck (about 8500 combined damage), is accurate at range, has a clip size of 10, and procs "Justice" (Health plus Blast). In normal use, it feels a lot like the Brakk but with more range and a larger clip. Available from Steel Meridian.

bLaiSe

So I've been playing around with some of the weapon augment mods, and a few of them are really good. My favorite so far is this one, mostly because it's for the Burston Prime, a gun I already like:

225px-GildedTruth.png

It basically replaces a Shred mod (30% fire rate and punch through) in my normal Burston Prime build, so I'm getting an additional 50% fire rate plus it now procs like a syndicate gun...in this case "Truth", which recharges your health and procs gas damage. I think as a practical matter, I'm finding the health recharge more useful than energy, since my frame builds all start with efficiency. Available from Arbiters of Hexis.

And when the Gammacor gets nerfed, this is your replacement right here:

SMMarelok.png

The Vaykor Marelok hits like a truck (about 8500 combined damage), is accurate at range, has a clip size of 10, and procs "Justice" (Health plus Blast). In normal use, it feels a lot like the Brakk but with more range and a larger clip. Available from Steel Meridian.
I like both of those. The Marelok is kinda crit viable with 44%. I just wish we had a Primed Target Cracker or the regular Target Cracker would give 120% crit damage.
Try the Rakta Ballistica. I think it has the best syndicate proc of them all (at least for my play style). Viral proc, energy regen and movement speed increase. And the charged shot has an innate punch through, which is awesome. It was well worth the 5 formas for sure.

frizby

I like both of those. The Marelok is kinda crit viable with 44%. I just wish we had a Primed Target Cracker or the regular Target Cracker would give 120% crit damage.

At 20% crit chance with a 1.5x multiplyer, I can't justify going that way and giving up the base elemental damage.

To me, it's a status effect gun. I think I have 2 status mods on it, and it's at 90%. Stuff proc'ing everywhere!

Try the Rakta Ballistica. I think it has the best syndicate proc of them all (at least for my play style). Viral proc, energy regen and movement speed increase. And the charged shot has an innate punch through, which is awesome. It was well worth the 5 formas for sure.

I probably will, but I'm not usually crazy about charged weapons. And I'm pretty sure I prefer the health proc to energy having switched from Gammacor to Marelok. But yeah, you're getting crazy numbers off of that thing!

bLaiSe

I probably will, but I'm not usually crazy about charged weapons. And I'm pretty sure I prefer the health proc to energy having switched from Gammacor to Marelok. But yeah, you're getting crazy numbers off of that thing!
Well, there's the burst fire option too, but obviously that does less damage. And with a Gunslinger and Lethal Torrent the charge time is like .5 second. I really like how I can deal with nullifier shields while still being able to one shot heavy units with one weapon.

frizby

A few of you may have noticed that I'm doing some tweaking to the layout of the dojo.

We don't really have any use for eight solar rails, and they were making the trip from the Main Hall to the Observatory unneccesarily long, and they probably should have been downstairs in the first place like the other mechanicals IMO. So I replaced the two solar rails to the left and right of the Main Hall with Obstacle Courses, and I deleted two solar rails, a connecting room and a hallway between the Main Hall and Observation. I also wanted to open up the spot where the Obstacle Course currently resides for any potential "Sentients Lab" that might become available later, so I'll delete the current Obstacle Course tonight when the other two are complete and maybe put another Observation in that spot as a placeholder until a Sentient Lab comes along.

The net result is simplification of the main floor and preparation for future updates, and for symmetry's sake, we now have two obstacle courses and two duelling rooms. We also still have two Solar Rails just in case we decide to invade something. And no worries, no turtles were harmed during construction.

I also started research on our first dojo pigment (yellow), so if you happen to kill any Corpus Snipers, please contribute. I don't really know how the pigment drops work though. Probably more to come.

Finally, I recruited 5 people over the weekend, all new players, and all non-gaffers. Any efforts to help them are appreciated. It's funny that the active members of the NeoGAF Clan are now mostly people who don't even know what NeoGAF is!

Pookmunki

A few of you may have noticed that I'm doing some tweaking to the layout of the dojo.

We don't really have any use for eight solar rails, and they were making the trip from the Main Hall to the Observatory unneccesarily long, and they probably should have been downstairs in the first place like the other mechanicals IMO. So I replaced the two solar rails to the left and right of the Main Hall with Obstacle Courses, and I deleted two solar rails, a connecting room and a hallway between the Main Hall and Observation. I also wanted to open up the spot where the Obstacle Course currently resides for any potential "Sentients Lab" that might become available later, so I'll delete the current Obstacle Course tonight when the other two are complete and maybe put another Observation in that spot as a placeholder until a Sentient Lab comes along.

The net result is simplification of the main floor and preparation for future updates, and for symmetry's sake, we now have two obstacle courses and two duelling rooms. We also still have two Solar Rails just in case we decide to invade something. And no worries, no turtles were harmed during construction.

I also started research on our first dojo pigment (yellow), so if you happen to kill any Corpus Snipers, please contribute. I don't really know how the pigment drops work though. Probably more to come.

Finally, I recruited 5 people over the weekend, all new players, and all non-gaffers. Any efforts to help them are appreciated. It's funny that the active members of the NeoGAF Clan are now mostly people who don't even know what NeoGAF is!

I think I'm getting back into this after a year or so out, would gladly (re)join the clan if you'll accept an U16 newbie

Top Bottom