• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

VariantX

Ugh, I guess I need to do some more research and see if there's another glitch I need to be weary of that allows people to steal from other players in the trade window just in case. It's already bad enough when you've got people trying to glitch the game by lowering the plat amount a the last second and logging off as quickly as possible.

EDIT: http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2upa9z/psa_trading_exploitation_be_careful/

sounds pretty close to what happened to havok in this reddit thread

I would also make a small suggestion, that you record your trades just in case, so you have some evidence to show DE if this is the result of a malicious act by another player.

Amon37

100 Plat per part! Man I really need to grind out when the next prime frame comes out. I was on a break when nova and volt came out.

bLaiSe

Yes I'm 100% sure it was a loki prime systems blueprint when I traded.
Well, I trade a lot and it never happened to me, so the only scenario I could imagine is that your trading partner did a switch and gave you something else. The PS4 records the last 15 minutes. Keep that in mind and check how the trade went down next time. I made DE ban a few scammers from trading with it.
They need to add a big ass popup that tells you if your trading partner does a switch...

bLaiSe

I don't understand recruiting for rep farming when they don't specify which faction they are doing the mission for.
Rep farming is getting your daily rep quickly with shared XP. Before the Excal nerf people would go to a high level interception mission with 2 Excals, a Rhino and a Trinity and the Excals killed so many enemies, you reached your daily rep in one game. Idk how they're doing rep farm these days though. I never had to do it since the daily cap halving.

frizby

Rep farming is getting your daily rep quickly with shared XP. Before the Excal nerf people would go to a high level interception mission with 2 Excals, a Rhino and a Trinity and the Excals killed so many enemies, you reached your daily rep in one game. Idk how they're doing rep farm these days though. I never had to do it since the daily cap halving.

These days, it really makes more sense to just play the game. 20 waves of void defense will earn ~10K rep, and it comes with some nice prime parts, fusion cores, etc.

Was really happy to see rep farming go away.

bLaiSe

Next prime stuff datamined info:

http://imgur.com/a/ysURG

Ash Prime and Carrier Prime WOOOO!
Yamako is my second most used syandana after Imperator so if it looks good I'm buying this PA as well. I still regret missing the Targis Prime, not gonna make the same mistake again. :)

I wonder if the new 'Monkey' frame will be better at parkour than other frames and will come with parkour 2.0.

frizby

Ash was expected but welcome. I find his design to be one of the least interesting in the game, so I look forward to seeing what they do with him. We were having a discussion in party chat last night about upcoming primes, and were assuming Ash would be next...and then two females...which could be any pair of Trinity, Banshee and Saryn.

Carrier/Sweeper prime is also great. It seems like it's been a long gap since Wyrm Prime, and I always hoped Carrier would be next.

In clan news, we've been pretty active lately, both with gaffers and nongaffers. We had something like 14 on yesterday in the middle of a Wednesday. I also keep loading up pigments, mostly just knocking out the easy ones that I don't care about before getting to the harder ones (Stalker, Harvester etc.)

BuzzZaw75

Neo Member
I actually like Ash and still play with him occasionally. He's not as flashy as most of the others, doesn't have a super AOE needed in Defense Missions and doesn't have the speed like Loki and Rhino for other runs. Shuriken does better than most starting abilities, Smoke Screen is actually useful in tight situations and while Blade Storm is not as dramatic Prime Ability as most, it can inflect a lot of damage to a good share of enemies.

The only way I'll go back to having a Kubrow is if I don't need to spend credits to keep the thing alive. They're too much of a credit sink for this penny pincher.

VariantX

Go to the warframe website, hit up the account management drop down and enter the promo code DENOFKUBROW to get a 3day x2 credit booster, works for all platforms PC, PS4, XB1

Gutss

Im getting the gitz of the game after playing for 2-3 weeks, doing lots of voids, making some smart trades and it payed off. im on a Rhino prime now, built a boar prime status build, got a scindo for melee, building Volt prime tom btw my fav frame lol, missing system part for nova prime and loki prime, missing 1 part for soma prime, wating for kubrow to mature. Its legit im back in the mmo world and im enjoying it haha.

Can i join the Gaf guild if theres still a slot? just want some more friends to play this together and enjoy it more.

Ingame name: Gut-Zzz

I need some advice, I am not getting credits in the alerts and missions and ran out of credits pretty fast.

The only way I'll go back to having a Kubrow is if I don't need to spend credits to keep the thing alive. They're too much of a credit sink for this penny pincher.

Totally agree, DE should remove their decay mechanic to make money or log in everyday to keep the kubrow alive

VariantX

Im getting the gitz of the game after playing for 2-3 weeks, doing lots of voids, making some smart trades and it payed off. im on a Rhino prime now, built a boar prime status build, got a scindo for melee, building Volt prime tom btw my fav frame lol, missing system part for nova prime and loki prime, missing 1 part for soma prime, wating for kubrow to mature. Its legit im back in the mmo world and im enjoying it haha.

Can i join the Gaf guild if theres still a slot? just want some more friends to play this together and enjoy it more.

We've still got room for newcomers, don't worry about that, I'll send out an invite soon.

Edit: I can't send you an invite right now because you're still in a clan at the moment

Amon37

Go to the warframe website, hit up the account management drop down and enter the promo code DENOFKUBROW to get a 3day x2 credit booster, works for all platforms PC, PS4, XB1

Do you know if it takes effect the next time you log in automatically? I won't be able to play until Saturday night but still login to keep bonuses up and don't want the booster to start early.

VariantX

Do you know if it takes effect the next time you log in automatically? I won't be able to play until Saturday night but still login to keep bonuses up and don't want the booster to start early.

Dunno how long the promotion with last, I think its until the 18th though, not 100% sure on that.

frizby

We've still got room for newcomers, don't worry about that, I'll send out an invite soon.

Edit: I can't send you an invite right now because you're still in a clan at the moment

Go to communication > clan > click your name on the clan list > click leave clan.

As soon as you're cleared out, we'll get you a prompt invite.

frizby

Amphrex + Sinister Reach + crit mods is ridiculously fun. Accept no substitutes when you have to shock the shit out of absolutely everybody in the room...and the next room. I only run one elemental on it (poison) which is a real departure from the norm for me.

Credit to Wowbaggr for the tip on in-game chat.

VariantX

Orokin Reactor alert on mercury for the next hour as of this post. Also, 50 minutes left on a grineer treasury ship, 50,000 credits.

Amon37

Amphrex + Sinister Reach + crit mods is ridiculously fun. Accept no substitutes when you have to shock the shit out of absolutely everybody in the room...and the next room. I only run one elemental on it (poison) which is a real departure from the norm for me.

Credit to Wowbaggr for the tip on in-game chat.

Hows ammo consumption? You run a mutation mod? Scavenger mod? Or just use ammo restores?

Wowbagger

Poison, huh? Interesting. I'm using radiation, magnetic and corrosive for Grineer, Corpus and Infested/Corrupted respectively. Shame you can't control where in the chain the innate elemental is added, so you could place it first and get magnetic and toxin for Corpus or corrosive and heat for the void.

On paper, toxin doesn't seem like the best choice. Are you using it for the proc? Not sure how that works.

Hows ammo consumption? You run a mutation mod? Scavenger mod? Or just use ammo restores?

Can't afford to sacrifice a slot for a mutation mod, I think. Firing in short bursts helps, and then having a reliable secondary and using the occasional ammo restore is probably the way to go.

frizby

I don't use ammo mutation or scavenger on anything because they aren't really good alternatives to other mods IMO. For the Amphrex, I use my secondary on lone enemies and the Amphrex for groups...and I'll use a restore if things get sketchy.

It's a really fun gun with this setup.

frizby

Poison, huh? Interesting. I'm using radiation, magnetic and corrosive for Grineer, Corpus and Infested/Corrupted respectively. Shame you can't control where in the chain the innate elemental is added, so you could place it first and get magnetic and toxin for Corpus or corrosive and heat for the void.

On paper, toxin doesn't seem like the best choice. Are you using it for the proc? Not sure how that works.

It's corrosive. Poison plus innate electric. Guess I should have been clearer.

I don't do faction builds on guns because I can't be bothered to change them between levels. I prefer to simply switch guns.

frizby

oh how many forma's on it?

Have to check when I get home, but I think it was 5, and I think it starts with no polarities.

My build right now, from memory, is Serration, Heavy Cal, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Sinister Reach and an elemental...so lots of Vs.

Back to yeasterday's discussion, I may try a radiation build instead of corrosive. I normally default to corrosive for the void and find that it makes guns fine everywhere else, but in this case, the crowd control of the radiation proc might be worthwhile. I might also try swapping the one elemental out for Critical Delay for red crits and see how that affects DPS and ammo efficiency.

bLaiSe

Have to check when I get home, but I think it was 5, and I think it starts with no polarities.

My build right now, from memory, is Serration, Heavy Cal, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Hammer Shot, Sinister Reach and an elemental...so lots of Vs.

Back to yeasterday's discussion, I may try a radiation build instead of corrosive. I normally default to corrosive for the void and find that it makes guns fine everywhere else, but in this case, the crowd control of the radiation proc might be worthwhile. I might also try swapping the one elemental out for Critical Delay for red crits and see how that affects DPS and ammo efficiency.
You should try Crit Delay instead of Hammer Shot IMHO. It helps the ammo efficiency a bit and the red crits are nice.

bLaiSe

Oh, and a reminder:

The double affinity/resource/drop chance weekend starts today.

There will be a buy 1 get 2 sale, too. Time to buy some taters folks! :)

VariantX

Good timing with the double resource weekend, I was running low on orokin cells from building a few more primes and need to get back to farming later today.

jurgen

Is the clan still going? If so, could I get a invite back? I was inactive for a few months while I was overseas.

PSN: Rorschach

Amon37

One of the good things about PC updates first is that I can see what weapons are needed make the new weapons and have those ready to go lol

bLaiSe

One of the good things about PC updates first is that I can see what weapons are needed make the new weapons and have those ready to go lol
Haven't looked it up yet so what do I need for the next update? I know the Boltace needs a Kronen and a Boltor, but is there anything else?

Yup. Just need your PSN.

Hope you enjoy the game. It's quite good.
PSN is whtsupxam
A bit busy right now, so I'm actually still in a clan and won't be able to leave said clan until later tonight, and I don't know if you can invite me to a clan while I'm already in a clan

frizby

PSN is whtsupxam
A bit busy right now, so I'm actually still in a clan and won't be able to leave said clan until later tonight, and I don't know if you can invite me to a clan while I'm already in a clan

Yeah, we can't. Just let us know when you're clear. Probably five or six regular posters with the ability to send you an invite.

Update is live. It's 13GB, so I dunno, make a sandwich or something.
This is the 16.5 update? Nice.

DE-Megan @ official forums said:
What you can look forward to:

- Huge Performance Improvements!
- 8 player Trials of Retribution
- Blackout Tactical Alert
- Ogma Elite
- Operation False Profit
- Operation Tubemen of Regor

And so much more!

I haven't had any performance gripes in a long while now, but I'll definitely take some improvements all the same. Its been cool to see the PBR applied a bit at a time with each update.

Top Bottom