• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

IvorB

Are there enough low Levels who play the earlier missions?

Well I've been levelling quite a bit of stuff since I've been playing again and there is definitely activity across the earlier planets. Even experienced players will visit low level planets to level new gear. Though for the initial trek through the map you might have to solo stuff since some of them appear to be deserted. That was the case when I fist started playing as well.

The game seems to be a lot more social than I remember as I get invited to games quite a bit which pretty much never happened before. I don't know what changed.

Amon37

Speaking of 2.0's... a little preview of whats coming in the upgraded movement/parkour 2.0

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/609877576190922752

It's odd how he jumps off the corner of the wall and doesn't wall run. The double jump is cool. Because everyone just copters everywhere I'm not sure how this will really change that much.

Has anyone had experience with Alerts not giving their reward?

Recently came back to Warframe after a long absence, and have been trying to solidify my mod situation. Last night, an Arcwing Alert was up for Corrosive Projecion. I was offline when it popped, nd was notified by a friend via text. I got into the mission with about 1m35secs remaining. However, when I finished the mission, CP wasn't there.

Wondering if this is my own fault due to the timing, or a legitimate issue i should fill out a ticket on. I know DE Support is backed up, and don't want to waste their time if it' on me.

I thinks it's changed so that if you don't finish an alert before it ends you don't get the reward. Which is why if there's less than 10 minutes left in an alerts there's never any squads.

Wowbagger

Mag Prime is fugly. And she walks like a dude.

How did I miss this fugly post? :p You take that back! Look at this beauty!

PYLepGq.jpg

cNHoF6V.jpg

One thing I've noticed lately is that the AI seems to have gotten a minor lobotomy, possibly a victim of the new performance enhancements.

When I run exterminations now I see either large clumps of enemies smooshed together in a pile walking into each other or in circles like oblivious wind-up toys, or else tons of enemies crouched behind cover, completely oblivious to the player as you pass them by - like they're glued to it.

There have always been the occasional janky AI moments, but I'm seeing it a LOT recently, and it slows down the pace of the game because you'll frequently have to backtrack over large sprawls of the map in order to find that one enemy in some side passage or dead-end, crouched behind a crate for no reason, only to take them out and then run all the way back to where you were.

Ikupasuy

Neo Member
Is remote play on Vita or tablet playable? I made a character on console and I need to go over info here to go forward but want to see what my playing options are.

Amon37

One thing I've noticed lately is that the AI seems to have gotten a minor lobotomy, possibly a victim of the new performance enhancements.

When I run exterminations now I see either large clumps of enemies smooshed together in a pile walking into each other or in circles like oblivious wind-up toys, or else tons of enemies crouched behind cover, completely oblivious to the player as you pass them by - like they're glued to it.

There have always been the occasional janky AI moments, but I'm seeing it a LOT recently, and it slows down the pace of the game because you'll frequently have to backtrack over large sprawls of the map in order to find that one enemy in some side passage or dead-end, crouched behind a crate for no reason, only to take them out and then run all the way back to where you were.

I've totally noticed this as I've been soloing e-prime for kubrow eggs. It's fairly ridiculous.

Yes you can remote play on vita but it's not the best experience.

Amon37

I was playing just now and it told me to logout for an update.

Warframe.com says 16.7.2 was sent to cert just 2 days ago.
Looks like the update contains some new augments, the scythe and some cosmetic stuff. Most are speculating they wanted to fix some stuff before the ash prime update.

Edit: 700mb update size
Edxit 2: Donated everything and started research on the Anku

Wowbagger

Wow, that was fast.

The Sonic Fracture mod for Banshee seems very interesting. You can apparently completely strip away enemy armour with it.

bLaiSe

The Excalibur rework that recently happened on PC looks promising. Looks like I'll finally dust off Excal for some action. The new helmet also looks pretty cool. Trying to get 10 arcane Phantasms just for that helm.

VariantX

It's odd how he jumps off the corner of the wall and doesn't wall run. The double jump is cool. Because everyone just copters everywhere I'm not sure how this will really change that much.

The animations haven't been done for it yet, that's why it looks a bit weird. Also, according to [DE] Steve, coptering isnt going to be a thing like it is in the next major update. It'll still be there, but it won't be linked to your weapon anymore so no more flying across huge rooms in 1 or 2 copters anymore with zorens and tipedos i guess.

VariantX

Can someone send me a clan invite? I left so I could free up the second warlord position for someone much better for the job since I can't demote myself any other way.

bLaiSe

Excited for that one as well. :) I hope they buff the status chance on its prime shotty so it would inflict status even more often. I use all the dual stat mods on it and it can be useful with a radiation/viral build.
The Vectis Prime is meh though. Maybe if all snipers had innate punch through, but nooooope...

Can someone send me a clan invite? I left so I could free up the second warlord position for someone much better for the job since I can't demote myself any other way.
Sent

Amon37

Excited for that one as well. :) I hope they buff the status chance on its prime shotty so it would inflict status even more often. I use all the dual stat mods on it and it can be useful with a radiation/viral build.
The Vectis Prime is meh though. Maybe if all snipers had innate punch through, but nooooope...

Sent

That's a great idea. I never thought to do that but it's great way to get some free procs.

Amon37

While I'll never forma the vandal, the fact it already has a catalyst means I'll use it for low level alerts just for the "pew, pew" factor. Haven't used the original dera.

RedFury

Is there still a gaf clan? Would like to get back into it. It's been a while but I'd like to play with some people that are active. Psn: Redfury03

Wowbagger

While I'll never forma the vandal, the fact it already has a catalyst means I'll use it for low level alerts just for the "pew, pew" factor. Haven't used the original dera.

The king of "pew, pew" is the Tetra, though! Nothing beats its sound effects when you want to feel like an imperial stormtrooper. I wish we had gotten a Vandal version of that instead. Put a catalyst and three forma into one before it dawned on me that some weapons will just never be end game material, no matter how much they're upgraded. Sad moment.

Wowbagger

Also, Mag Prime is getting vaulted, so get her while you can or farm extra parts to sell later for profitzzzz...

LOL, I must have ten sets. It's by far the easiest prime frame to acquire. I doubt it will rise in price as much as Frost, but hope I'm wrong. :]

Are they also vaulting another set of weapons?

Also, Mag Prime is getting vaulted, so get her while you can or farm extra parts to sell later for profitzzzz...
Oh shit. I need one more part.

Never hunted that frame on purpose - but just kinda found myself with most of the parts. Now the completionist in me is going to want to jump on that.

Amon37

LOL, I must have ten sets. It's by far the easiest prime frame to acquire. I doubt it will rise in price as much as Frost, but hope I'm wrong. :]

Are they also vaulting another set of weapons?

Wait you can't get frost prime anymore? I usually don't pay attention to my void rewards.

Raide

Might be the wrong place. Is there an Xbox One Guild?

Just getting back into this and almost having to start fresh. Working my way through the early planets, making some gear and waiting for hours while it cooks. :D

Might be the wrong place. Is there an Xbox One Guild?

Just getting back into this and almost having to start fresh. Working my way through the early planets, making some gear and waiting for hours while it cooks. :D

There was a group of tennos there but didnt last long

It sucks that the only (imo) two good shotguns, the Boar P and the Strun Wraith will be unobtainable now. :/
Maybe that won't be the case after they rework shotguns. They mentioned some pretty big changes to damage and damage fall-off in the last dev stream.

Sounds like they're getting buffed, which is great, until I run into those Corpus and Grineer shotgunners and get a taste of that same medicine that is.

bLaiSe

Maybe that won't be the case after they rework shotguns. They mentioned some pretty big changes to damage and damage fall-off in the last dev stream.

Sounds like they're getting buffed, which is great, until I run into those Corpus and Grineer shotgunners and get a taste of that same medicine that is.
Yeah that's true about the rework. The Hek is the only shotgun left that'll be both good for damage and has a nice shotty feel to it. Sure, the Kohm and the Phage deal a lot of damage but those two don't feel like shotguns to me at all when I use them.

Wowbagger

Yeah that's true about the rework. The Hek is the only shotgun left that'll be both good for damage and has a nice shotty feel to it. Sure, the Kohm and the Phage deal a lot of damage but those two don't feel like shotguns to me at all when I use them.

Gotta love the sound of the Hek and it's pretty good with the syndicate mod, but the more I use it, the more the four rounds magazine bothers me and I don't feel like I can sacrifice a slot just for a reload speed or magazine size mod. Could maybe replace Seeking Force with the upcoming Seeking Fury nightmare mod, though, but +15% reload speed doesn't seem like a whole lot. Or, maybe I'm just modding the weapon wrong, thinking high status with punchthrough is the way to go.

Raide

Such a shame the Xbox One version is almost empty. Can be annoying trying to run certain missions when hardly any groups are around.

Might just have to suck it up and head to the PC version again. :(

Calabi

Is the frame rate usually really bad? I'd rather play this on PS4 the controls and UI is much better than on the PC but the frame rate is dog shit when things get hectic or frames start using abilities.

frizby

A group of clan members have been running the raid daily and have gotten pretty good at it. It's not as bad as I initially thought, but it's definitely set up in a way that limits you on team makeup and makes you play in a really scripted way. 2 Lokis, a Trinity, a Nova, a Frost, blah blah blah, and everybody has a specific job. But the rewards are interesting...arcanes and credits. I'm sure some of us would be willing to run it again if others want to experience it.

I don't recommend running more than six people, as things can get a bit sketchy, and five or six is all you need anyway. We're running around 5PM EST at the moment, and it slips about 15-30 minutes per day because of the 24 hour reset. As an aside, I'd love it if DE would relook at every 24 hour timer in the game and make them 23 hours instead...just for quality of life.

I also had to kick a few semi-regular posters from the clan. If you're over 90 days offline, I reserve the right to make space, but no worries if you want back in. Just say the word.

frizby

Is the frame rate usually really bad? I'd rather play this on PS4 the controls and UI is much better than on the PC but the frame rate is dog shit when things get hectic or frames start using abilities.

It's pretty host dependent in my experience. For the most part, the game runs pretty well IMO.

bLaiSe

A group of clan members have been running the raid daily and have gotten pretty good at it. It's not as bad as I initially thought, but it's definitely set up in a way that limits you on team makeup and makes you play in a really scripted way. 2 Lokis, a Trinity, a Nova, a Frost, blah blah blah, and everybody has a specific job. But the rewards are interesting...arcanes and credits. I'm sure some of us would be willing to run it again if others want to experience it.

I don't recommend running more than six people, as things can get a bit sketchy, and five or six is all you need anyway. We're running around 5PM EST at the moment, and it slips about 15-30 minutes per day because of the 24 hour reset. As an aside, I'd love it if DE would relook at every 24 hour timer in the game and make them 23 hours instead...just for quality of life.

I also had to kick a few semi-regular posters from the clan. If you're over 90 days offline, I reserve the right to make space, but no worries if you want back in. Just say the word.
Wish I could join, but with my current connection I always get DCd and can't join back. I'm spending too much on arcanes...

Btw, the reset actually is 23 hours.

Can I use Valkyr?

EDIT:

Aaaaaaand another kubrow died, my only Sunika.

frizby

Wish I could join, but with my current connection I always get DCd and can't join back. I'm spending too much on arcanes...

Btw, the reset actually is 23 hours.

That stinks. I wonder whether we could keep you connected on a five man raid.

23 hours? I didn't realize that. Based DE.

Got an Arcane upgrade thing, from the raid how do I use it?

Good lord the raid is a giant deathtrap with high level enemies, damm I was like this guy the entire raid.

And I got a Sniper weapon, should I create it? and I am rich!!!! I can finally upgrade my sindicate

Trogdor1123

Anyone want to farm some Hydroid parts tonight?

I have 3 of the 4 right now, I need the systems I believe.

Can you get the mod for the Hydroid only through the syndicate? Can you trade for it?

Top Bottom