• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

VariantX

Knowing my ps4, there's zero chance it will download this while im out and It won't be waiting on me when I get back home. Looking forward to the performance improvements even though it still holds 60 fps pretty good now

Edit: It actually downloaded for once. Also, grenades now have tells. You can actually hear and see them and you have more than the 1 second that you used to have to get out of the way.

Amon37

It's like I'm playing a different game.

The framerate- Wow
The sound - I don't know if you have a kickass home theater system but if so turn that shit up. Luckily my wife and daughter aren't home now so I can hear it.
The font - I love it bigger lol
Loading time - massive improvement.

IvorB

Hey guys, how's it going? I'm thinking to check up what's happening in this game after a long break. Is there space for me to re-join the clan? My ID is: Ivor_Biguns.

Also I don't know if I am going crazy but I can't see anyway to see my mods or what mods I have on my weapons and armour. What's going on with this? Thanks!

bLaiSe

Ash Prime

touI1tt.jpg

Wowbagger

Tonkor is hilarious.

What do you think about its accuracy?

I had so much fun grenade jumping everywhere and blowing up groups of enemies at close range that I decided to potato the thing. But then I took it to a void survival and found I missed too often when trying to hit enemies at medium range. Not sure whether I simply have to get used to the aiming guideline or the low accuracy is an issue.

Wouldn't be much of an issue if grenades that don't hit an enemy still exploded, but I suppose it has to work like it does to keep the weapon somewhat balanced with the Penta.

Though, with how you can get crit chance to over 100% using Point Strike and Critical Delay, the Tonkor seems like a straight upgrade for infested defense, at least. And a safe one, for solo runs or staying near the pod, mixing it up with melee.

Ash Prime

The Vectis Prime will be mine! =)

frizby

Ash Prime

touI1tt.jpg

Nice. Some of the primes seem a little bit lazy to me from a design perspective, but this looks like it could be interesting.

What do you think about its accuracy?

I had so much fun grenade jumping everywhere and blowing up groups of enemies at close range that I decided to potato the thing. But then I took it to a void survival and found I missed too often when trying to hit enemies at medium range. Not sure whether I simply have to get used to the aiming guideline or the low accuracy is an issue.

Wouldn't be much of an issue if grenades that don't hit an enemy still exploded, but I suppose it has to work like it does to keep the weapon somewhat balanced with the Penta.

Though, with how you can get crit chance to over 100% using Point Strike and Critical Delay, the Tonkor seems like a straight upgrade for infested defense, at least. And a safe one, for solo runs or staying near the pod, mixing it up with melee.

I haven't tried Critical Delay, but I definitely did a crit build with Point Strike, Vital Sense and Hammer Shot. With two elemental mods, it's something like 8500 with a 7x multiplier. I'll also toy around with Critical Delay and Firestorm to see what works best for me.

I do find the accuracy to be strange, even without Heavy Calibur, but it's a gun I'll mostly just use for the lulz, so no biggie.

Eight of us from the clan ran the raid yesterday. It's kind of interesting...maybe a bit underwhelming, but I wasn't in a key role for most of it, so I'll reserve judgement.

VariantX

Ash Prime

touI1tt.jpg

Cool, but dosen't seem to look like ash at all to me. I'd wish DE would go back and rework some of the older primes though like frost, rhino and mag, they look bland compared to volt, nyx, nova and loki to me when you compare them to the new ones.

Wowbagger

Cool, but dosen't seem to look like ash at all to me. I'd wish DE would go back and rework some of the older primes though like frost, rhino and mag, they look bland compared to volt, nyx, nova and loki to me when you compare them to the new ones.

I believe they've said they're gonna rework Frost.

No, no, NO to reworking Mag, though! Please, God, just no! I love my Mag Prime just the way she is. :'(

VariantX

Just discovered there was actually a class of mods that increase the flight speed of non-hitscan-type weapons. Question is, do I want to grind out Sabotage keys or spend hours in the conclave grinding these mods out.

bLaiSe

Just discovered there was actually a class of mods that increase the flight speed of non-hitscan-type weapons. Question is, do I want to grind out Sabotage keys or spend hours in the conclave grinding these mods out.
Neither. Transmute or trade.

VariantX

Neither. Transmute or trade.
Yeah starting to think that might be less painful. Keep getting inserted into unwinnable matches. Like the opposition has a 30pt lead and there's only 3 minutes left on the clock when the other team needs only six more kill confirmeds to win it. Or I spawn in and one person leaves leaving us one or two players short against a full team. Even if you win the encounter the extra player simply follows behind a kills a weakened you and they get the point anyway.

IvorB

How are the raids so far?

I actually ended up doing this randomly with some French guys the other day. It was very mechanics heavy and I had no idea what was happening because my French isn't that good. It was really funny the way people would just randomly drop dead all the time though.

Invites sent to Shin and Ivor. Welcome back fellas. :)

Thanks, mate. I forgot how much fun this game is and I really like what they've done with it by fleshing it out a bit more. I want to play as much as I can before Heavensward hits.

Also the Chroma quest is soooo long. I hope it's worth it.

bLaiSe

Just played my first raid and it was quite underwhelming. Burnout kicked in again so I guess I'll return when Ash Prime comes out and just buy Arcane Awakening when the prices normalize. That's the only enhancement I want atm.

Amon37

Check your emails I got a mystery code that turned out to be a 3 day credit and affinity booster.

If it's shareable I'll post it

Amon37

so in the Sanctuary Cephalon room in the relay there is mastery rank sub room that goes all the way to Master Rank 29, Interesting.

IvorB

so in the Sanctuary Cephalon room in the relay there is mastery rank sub room that goes all the way to Master Rank 29, Interesting.

Yeah I found that the other day. You can practice on your next rank which is great. I have rank 7 coming up so I gave it a spin and it should be pretty straightforward.

Trogdor1123

I had a pretty good day for a noob, I got all the pieces for Rhino, Mag and NYX.

Only took a few hours today. I must have been lucky. I cant afford to make them but I have them lol.

Which should a person make first?

Rhino is the simplest to play, can be damn near indestructible, has a nice allied buff (roar) and a solid Area Effect power attack/stun. Its a damn good frame to have in your arsenal with only one drawback - after playing a Rhino for a while all other frames will feel paper thin and weak in comparison.

Nyx is a little trickier to play but all kinds of fun and powerful. She can turn enemy units into allies (perfect for sub-boss units), cause entire areas worth of enemies to fight among themselves (insanely effective against Corpus as it turns engineers and their drones against each other), and a cool looking absorb power that lets her turn allied and enemy damage into a large area effect explosion. She's probably my favorite frame.

Mag I have no real experience with. Never finished getting her parts but have all of the Mag Prime parts save one. If I ever get that last part I'll spend some quality time Magging it up.

derwalde

Is this a good point in time to play this game?

Why is the german version 0,5 €? Can i just download the free version from the US store or will this put me on US rather than EU servers?

Trogdor1123

Rhino is the simplest to play, can be damn near indestructible, has a nice allied buff (roar) and a solid Area Effect power attack/stun. Its a damn good frame to have in your arsenal with only one drawback - after playing a Rhino for a while all other frames will feel paper thin and weak in comparison.

Nyx is a little trickier to play but all kinds of fun and powerful. She can turn enemy units into allies (perfect for sub-boss units), cause entire areas worth of enemies to fight among themselves (insanely effective against Corpus as it turns engineers and their drones against each other), and a cool looking absorb power that lets her turn allied and enemy damage into a large area effect explosion. She's probably my favorite frame.

Mag I have no real experience with. Never finished getting her parts but have all of the Mag Prime parts save one. If I ever get that last part I'll spend some quality time Magging it up.

Rhino it is

Trogdor1123

Can't go wrong with that pick.

But seriously, after getting used to the Rhino, when you eventually switch to a different frame give yourself some time to remember how it is to still play as a mortal.

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up, whats a good weapon to go with? I have the MK Braton fully leveled. I have not used orokin reactors on anything to double my mod amount. Should I do that or wait a bit?

Thanks for the heads up, whats a good weapon to go with?
There are so many that's a hard question to answer, and its going to depend upon how you like to play. But picking up something besides the starter Braton is always a good idea.

The game has changed and evolved a bunch since I started playing but my early standbys were the Latron (accurate and powerful semi-auto and you'll never run out of ammo), the Gorgon (a bullet-hose with some wind-up time and a slow reload, but can unleash hell on groups of enemies and its impact damage makes it a good choice against shields), the Soma (another bullet-hose without the wind-up time but watch your ammo), but don't feel limited - there are a lot of great choices out there. The bows in this game are fucking amazing, and when you find yourself in the zone, running-and-gunning with a bow and tearing things up you'll know what I mean ;p

When it comes to mods, you'll want to slot mods in to overcome a weapon's inherent weaknesses (like the Gorgon's slow reload), accentuate a weapon's positives (like the Soma's critical chance and damage), along with universal buffs like damage boosts, multi-shot, and elemental damage types (the rabbit hole here goes DEEP).

In terms of when to use catalysts and reactors to double your mod capacity I'll leave that choice to you. Some people use those right away with every piece of gear, others wait until they're sure about a weapon or frame first. I'd only suggest waiting on finding a weapon or frame you've chosen and like the feel of, and then go to town powering it up.

IvorB

Can't go wrong with that pick.

But seriously, after getting used to the Rhino, when you eventually switch to a different frame give yourself some time to remember how it is to still play as a mortal.

Cheers.

Another thing to mention with Rhino is that he's sloooooow. He's definitely a key part of my arsenal but for general use I find the faster frames so much more entertaining.

Thanks for the heads up, whats a good weapon to go with? I have the MK Braton fully leveled. I have not used orokin reactors on anything to double my mod amount. Should I do that or wait a bit?

Depends how many catalysts you have but I would try some other guns before you blow it on a Braton. The picks Nullpointer mentioned are all vastly superior I reckon.

Currently loving the Sybaris. :)

Another thing to mention with Rhino is that he's sloooooow. He's definitely a key part of my arsenal but for general use I find the faster frames so much more entertaining.
I don't do slow, so pretty much all of my frames end up with stamina mods, along with faster sprint in the case of slow-pokes like Saryn. Is the Rhino prime faster? That's the one I use now that I have it but am pretty sure my standard Rhino had one of those old arcane helmets that gave a speed boost as well.

Currently loving the Sybaris. :)
I just took that thing to 30 and I share the love. A nice, long range burst-rifle, crazy accurate at range but hip-fire still works at closer ranges. Will definitely give it a few formas and see what I can do with it.

IvorB

I don't do slow, so pretty much all of my frames end up with stamina mods, along with faster sprint in the case of slow-pokes like Saryn. Is the Rhino prime faster? That's the one I use now that I have it but am pretty sure my standard Rhino had one of those old arcane helmets that gave a speed boost as well.

I just took that thing to 30 and I share the love. A nice, long range burst-rifle, crazy accurate at range but hip-fire still works at closer ranges. Will definitely give it a few formas and see what I can do with it.

Yeah I have boosted his sprint speed I think but still his general movement is pretty slow compared to my other frames. I never got the helmet despite wanting it desperately. :-( The prime one has faster sprint I think but I'm not sure. I'm actually loving the hell out of Volt right now. That is one awesome frame. I need to get my ass in gear and get the prime version.

Sybaris is great. I think I'm on my third forma now and it really packs a good wallop. The crit/status performance is all great and I've even added some punch through 'cause why not? :)

So this trader fellow is apparently coming through tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. He wasn't around in my time.

Amon37

Rhino prime with an arcane vanguard helmet is still one of if not the fastest sprint speed. I always bring him to capture missions and can still outrun most loki's

Trogdor1123

There are so many that's a hard question to answer, and its going to depend upon how you like to play. But picking up something besides the starter Braton is always a good idea.

The game has changed and evolved a bunch since I started playing but my early standbys were the Latron (accurate and powerful semi-auto and you'll never run out of ammo), the Gorgon (a bullet-hose with some wind-up time and a slow reload, but can unleash hell on groups of enemies and its impact damage makes it a good choice against shields), the Soma (another bullet-hose without the wind-up time but watch your ammo), but don't feel limited - there are a lot of great choices out there. The bows in this game are fucking amazing, and when you find yourself in the zone, running-and-gunning with a bow and tearing things up you'll know what I mean ;p

When it comes to mods, you'll want to slot mods in to overcome a weapon's inherent weaknesses (like the Gorgon's slow reload), accentuate a weapon's positives (like the Soma's critical chance and damage), along with universal buffs like damage boosts, multi-shot, and elemental damage types (the rabbit hole here goes DEEP).

In terms of when to use catalysts and reactors to double your mod capacity I'll leave that choice to you. Some people use those right away with every piece of gear, others wait until they're sure about a weapon or frame first. I'd only suggest waiting on finding a weapon or frame you've chosen and like the feel of, and then go to town powering it up.

Do you have to farm those guns or just buy them in the market? I have a few guns but dont recall how I got them.

Do you have to farm those guns or just buy them in the market? I have a few guns but dont recall how I got them.
You buy the blueprints in the marketplace with in-game credits and then run missions to collect the parts needed to forge them - if you don't have them already. They are also sold for platinum if you want them all at once with catalysts installed, but I always collect the parts myself.

Some of the newer weapons require other completed weapons in order to craft them - those require far more time and effort but work in the same general way: buy the blueprint, collect the parts, cook it up in the forge and then wait. 12 hours of real-time is usual for weapons to cook.

Decided to make Mag as well, why not right?
Why not? ;p

I'm not up on player trading, but there are in-game chat channels where you can probably hawk your wares or find deals (as well as recruiting and the like). I find it more fun to hunt everything down myself but I might be a little crazy. I just love the combat too much - and trying out new frames and weapons and mods is enough to keep the gear hunt fresh - as it has since launch (PS4 launch anyway).

Just keep the wiki handy. If you don't know where to get parts for a particular frame, where to find certain mods, or want to know the best damage types to use on each faction and boss its the perfect resource.

IvorB

Is this a good point in time to play this game?

Why is the german version 0,5 €? Can i just download the free version from the US store or will this put me on US rather than EU servers?

Yeah it's as good a time as any to jump in. I don't know why you are being charged in Germany. It should definitely be free.

Amon37

Why not? ;p

I'm not up on player trading, but there are in-game chat channels where you can probably hawk your wares or find deals (as well as recruiting and the like). I find it more fun to hunt everything down myself but I might be a little crazy. I just love the combat too much - and trying out new frames and weapons and mods is enough to keep the gear hunt fresh - as it has since launch (PS4 launch

The biggest problem is the trading chat is a horrible mess, walls of text going by so fast it's hard to see who is selling what and hard to get you ad in for others to see. Also it's hard to judge what anything is supposed to cost. People trying to take advantage selling stuff like a Frost prime set for 200p hoping someone unaware will bite.

I probably got reemed for 2 BO Prime handles last night but really had no other choice. T4EXT is just to hard to come by for number of times you'd need to run it to 1 handle let alone 2.

IvorB

Decided to make a Valkry last night to test out this melee 2.0 stuff. I'm gonna make her melee only and just go at it. Unfortunately the only good weapon I have that has a stance mod to go with it is Hate. I wanted to use the tonbo I built.

Tevren

Has anyone had experience with Alerts not giving their reward?

Recently came back to Warframe after a long absence, and have been trying to solidify my mod situation. Last night, an Arcwing Alert was up for Corrosive Projecion. I was offline when it popped, nd was notified by a friend via text. I got into the mission with about 1m35secs remaining. However, when I finished the mission, CP wasn't there.

Wondering if this is my own fault due to the timing, or a legitimate issue i should fill out a ticket on. I know DE Support is backed up, and don't want to waste their time if it' on me.

Top Bottom