• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Cracklox

Or you could look at it this way.

Over the past week, you've gotten enough colors for free that you'll probably never have to buy a single color palette. Combine the Halloween palette below with the blacks, whites and blues in the PS4 pack, and you're in pretty good shape.

For new players, that's pretty awesome IMO.

pm'd you Friz

Yeah I was very pleasantly surprised logging on yesterday to a bunch of free stuff. Especially the colors (Dear God, I thought I never say that). Yesterday, combined with also getting a nightmare mod (forget which), an energy siphon from alerts and my 1st Sydanata from the special mission, I felt the game was saying thanks for all the hours you've played me over the last few weeks.

Now, if I can just get my hands on some Forma

Amon37

I know we have some PC players here also, hows Saryn now?

Also I was watching youtube and if anything is to be believed those new premium skins! damn I hate wanting to use plat for cosmetics

frizby

I know we have some PC players here also, hows Saryn now?

Also I was watching youtube and if anything is to be believed those new premium skins! damn I hate wanting to use plat for cosmetics

Cosmetics are just about the only thing you should use plat for...other than slots.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Getting desperate here, just need the Vauban Helmet BP to complete the set and I'm always missing the helmet Alert because it pops up at the worst times possible. DE pls put that alert at a time I'm at home so I can readily turn on the ps4 and get the BP.

Lots of Warframe over the weekend. Most of that levelling Nyx and Banshee with some Archwing thrown in.

They were both fun, though I'd probably lean towards Banshee slightly. Trying to keep sonar and silence up for as long as possible offers pretty awesome support, particularly in defence type missions. I also like the fact that you don't see many around, and from all reports, is the least played frame in the game. I tend to lean towards the less popular classes in these types of games anyway.

My main issue with her is the whole look. Just can't really get into it. Some looks I love straight away, others grow on you (Nyx did that for me), but Banshee is just kinda meh. I gave her a wacky coloring combo that helped a little but I think its just the whole design.

In other news I have Nova built and Rhino Prime not far behind but no slots for now. I had little interest in Rhino, but after finding 2 prime pieces and being offered the other 2 from another guildy, I guess I'll have to do it. It'll likely be a case of hit 30 and then shelve with him though.

I'm also getting a little over playing survival with people who clearly don't play well with others. Just run around doing shit on their own and making no effort at all to work as a team or even sticking within a reasonable proximity. I watched 1 guy (who earlier had let me die. Wasn't even that far away from him) run up and down the same corridor for about 15 minutes spamming 1 melee attack. I wanted the resources I had collected, so I watched and waited, thinking surely he'll extract soon. I gave up eventually, mostly to do with the fact he was just fucking boring to watch play. I mean, you have all these mechanics at your finger tips ffs

TL;DR
- Banshee>Nyx (just)
- Banshee looks wack
- Will be playing Rhino (Prime) a lot sooner then I thought I would
- Idiots who are playing a co-op game using as little cooperation as possible, get my goat up
For some reason Banshee gets a lot of hate, I've run into situations where randoms drop out of the party because I'm using her lol. Poor non-believers. She wrecks with Sonar+Resonance augment and Silence. She is definitely more fun that Nyx, I didn't like Nyx that much her powers are kind of boring IMO.

Cracklox

Getting desperate here, just need the Vauban Helmet BP to complete the set and I'm always missing the helmet Alert because it pops up at the worst times possible. DE pls put that alert at a time I'm at home so I can readily turn on the ps4 and get the BP.

For some reason Banshee gets a lot of hate, I've run into situations where randoms drop out of the party because I'm using her lol. Poor non-believers. She wrecks with Sonar+Resonance augment and Silence. She is definitely more fun that Nyx, I didn't like Nyx that much her powers are kind of boring IMO.

Heh. I just bought Vauban outright after hearing he was a bit of a pain to get. In the weeks since I've seen all the bits on alerts to put him together. Oh well. He's great though and I'll def get some use out of him. So much CC

Oh and Nyx was fun. Confusion is great CC and mind control might be the best 1st power in the game so far that I've come across. Could really change a fight if you use it smartly. Also her Ults pretty cool. Love absorb powers. I only used it pretty sparingly though like going for revives in a hectic survival and the like. Just feels so fucking badass going into a meditation pose in the middle of some crazy shit, before nuking everything

Error

Yeah, her abilites are useful no doubt, it's just that I find her boring to play with. With Banshee I get an incentive for carefully and well placed shots she rewards accuracy and skilled play. But Nyx is like bam Confusion watch them wreck each other, Absorb is kind of meh since it makes you static, psychic bolts is pretty much useless afaik (at leat I never used it) and charm is cool I admit, turning a shield osprey into your ally is cool but it's hard to aim the ability at the enemy you want in the thick of battle.

fwiw, I'm using the normal version of Ember and I think I'll potato her and forget about the Prime version. Ember Prime is hard to get now and the polarities of the prime version compared to vanilla version are awful (r slot really?) the normal version comes with two - polarities which are incredibly useful right off the bat. the armor buff is nothing worth mentioning and the void ability of all prime variants is no big deal, specially since she will be my go-to warframe for infested missions and there's only one infrested enemy in void missions. Not really worth the 300pl people ask for the prime variant in the trade channel.

frizby

FYI, I'm switching syndicates. So instead of Steel, Arbiters, Suda, and Veil, I'll have Steel, Veil, Loka and Perrin.

It will take me a bit to get Loka and Perrin leveled up, but I should be able to serve as the clan source for their stuff. We're pretty sorely lacking right now.

Amon37

I have loka stuff, but when I connect no one ask for mods.

I wish we could get like a Vault to store mods or resources

Generally people are looking for the secondary or primaries.

That reminds I have an extra synoid simulor I'll give away for free. I think you have to be a certain mastery rank to use them thoug.

frizby

Yeah, like I said, just looking to help out, particularly with New Loka stuff. And I won't be too disappointed when that pack of asshole ancients stop showing up. They're probably the only syndicate that ever actually killed me.

Wowbagger

Yeah, like I said, just looking to help out, particularly with New Loka stuff. And I won't be too disappointed when that pack of asshole ancients stop showing up. They're probably the only syndicate that ever actually killed me.

Haha, those toxic procs are nasty.

Levelling up Red Veil myself. The plan was just to get the syandana for Trinity Prime (only one that looks half decent on her!), but now I'm thinking I should give this four syndicates thing a try. Guess it means doing Suda and Meridian missions in equal numbers, and only using Meridian sigils on frames. Not a big fan of Meridian's +15% sigil, but I guess it's not the end of the world to use ones that give less bonus standing. Gonna miss Suda's +15% sigil, though; that one is probably my favourite.

I also got a syndicate weapon to give away: Vaykor Hek. Couldn't sell it even if my life depended on it, it seems.

frizby

Levelling up Red Veil myself. The plan was just to get the syandana for Trinity Prime (only one that looks half decent on her!), but now I'm thinking I should give this four syndicates thing a try. Guess it means doing Suda and Meridian missions in equal numbers, and only using Meridian sigils on frames. Not a big fan of Meridian's +15% sigil, but I guess it's not the end of the world to use ones that give less bonus standing. Gonna miss Suda's +15% sigil, though; that one is probably my favourite.

That's the combo I was running. Steel on everybody and swap it out when doing Suda missions. Levels up Red Veil and Arbiters indirectly, and you have to keep an eye on Red Veil, but prioritizing Steel's sigils takes care of that. The 15% Steel sigil can look decent in black and glowing with your energy color IMO.

My combo now is wearing Red Veil on everybody and running New Loka Missions, which levels Steel and Perrin indirectly. Red Veil's 15% sigil looks awesome in theory but not in practice, because it's assymmetric. But their 13% sigil looks great, so that's what I'll wear.

Wowbagger

Steel on everybody and swap it out when doing Suda missions.

Why swap it out? You know you don't have to do that to get the mission rewards for Suda, right?

The 15% Steel sigil can look decent in black and glowing with your energy color IMO.

Yeah, I was using the black from the Gamma (?) palette at first, which is really just a very dark grey. The Fire and PSIV palettes have more solid blacks and with those it's not half bad.

Amon37

https://warframe.com/news/orokin-overload-weekend-now

It's time for an Overload!

Double Resources, Special Alerts and Rewards and 50% off select Weapons await with Orokin Overload Weekend!

Reactors have become unstable and are appearing across the Solar System. Gear up, grab your Kubrow and collect as many Orokin Reactors as possible!

The following Weapons are available for 50% off making it easier for you to take down the enemy and unleash powerful microwaves and lasers:

· Opticor

· Simulor

· Gammacor

· Nukor

· Atomos

· Jat Kittag

Orokin Overload is a Double Resource bonus event, so you'll earn double Crafting Resources all weekend long!

Hurry, Tenno! This Bonus Weekend is only on from now until Monday, November 16 at 2 p.m. EST.

Error

https://warframe.com/news/orokin-overload-weekend-now

It's time for an Overload!

Double Resources, Special Alerts and Rewards and 50% off select Weapons await with Orokin Overload Weekend!

Reactors have become unstable and are appearing across the Solar System. Gear up, grab your Kubrow and collect as many Orokin Reactors as possible!

The following Weapons are available for 50% off making it easier for you to take down the enemy and unleash powerful microwaves and lasers:

· Opticor

· Simulor

· Gammacor

· Nukor

· Atomos

· Jat Kittag

Orokin Overload is a Double Resource bonus event, so you'll earn double Crafting Resources all weekend long!

Hurry, Tenno! This Bonus Weekend is only on from now until Monday, November 16 at 2 p.m. EST.
In the devstream they made it sound like there'll be more special alerts. So more reactors/catalysts pls.

Played an hour long t3 survival, shit was crazy at one point the enemies were so strong we were just hanging to dear life while the in-game timer proceeded to the 60 minutes mark. It was survival horror shit lol.

Got the Nova P Systems BP too :)

Amon37

For me it's something like this:

From 30-40 minutes "oh it takes more than one shot to kill something" (using shotgun )
From 40-50 minutes "getting slightly dicey"
From 50-60 minutes "fffffuuuuu bombards!!!"

Just for my playtime sake I generally try not go into survs for more than 40 minutes.

frizby

IPlayed an hour long t3 survival, shit was crazy at one point the enemies were so strong we were just hanging to dear life while the in-game timer proceeded to the 60 minutes mark. It was survival horror shit lol.

It wasn't that bad. I just noticed by happenstance that we had a pretty good camping group, even if I normally hate camping, so I suggested 60. Unfortunately, I couldn't communicate effectively to explain my plan, which was basically stay in the globe, drop miasmas and bastilles, and Valkyr runs for life supports. At about 55, I had to run for life supports, even though I knew Frost leaving would turn that room into a blood bath. Sorry.

But I'm glad you and lox got some useful drops and maybe got your first taste of high end gameplay. It was also a chance to test out my 5 forma'd Telos Boltor, and it was pretty disappointing. If I'd had one of four or five other primaries, that would have felt a lot easier.

Cracklox

In the devstream they made it sound like there'll be more special alerts. So more reactors/catalysts pls.

Played an hour long t3 survival, shit was crazy at one point the enemies were so strong we were just hanging to dear life while the in-game timer proceeded to the 60 minutes mark. It was survival horror shit lol.

Haha. Yeah that was pretty nuts.

Thought I'd pitch in for 1% damage....

It wasn't that bad. I just noticed by happenstance that we had a pretty good camping group, even if I normally hate camping, so I suggested 60. Unfortunately, I couldn't communicate effectively to explain my plan, which was basically stay in the globe,]drop miasmas and bastilles,and Valkyr runs for life supports. At about 55, I had to run for life supports, even though I knew Frost leaving would turn that room into a blood bath. Sorry.

But I'm glad you and lox got some useful drops and maybe got your first taste of high end gameplay. It was also a chance to test out my 5 forma'd Telos Boltor, and it was pretty disappointing. If I'd had one of four or five other primaries, that would have felt a lot easier.

Think we did that last part as best we could. When we camped, I went with vortexs though. Seemed to work pretty well in the bottleneck and grouped everything up for maximum death
from you guys

Also, I have 26 Argon crystals and nothing to spend them on

<insert flipping over table gif etc etc>

Cracklox

I have 20, and I know I'm gonna lose them all.

Another golden potato alert, grab it!!

Got it! Potatoes 8 and 9 this weekend. Soothes the pain of the inevitable loss of a bunch of crystals

Obibro, Loki Prime, Limbo and Mirage will be all ready over the next few days too. Potatoes all round!

frizby

If any clan members have time, please run The Sargeant (Mars Boss) a few times before the double resource weekend is over. He's dropping four pigments per clan member per run, and we need 200. I just dropped 52.

For you newer guys who might need to farm up a regular Mag, even better, because that's where she drops. :)

frizby

50 pigments donated.

Awesome, thanks. I did about 10 runs this morning, and it was underway by the time I went to drop them, so thanks everybody. They normally drop at 1 per clan member per run, so it was a really fast way to knock it out.

Only one color left, and that's the purple from Zanuka Hunter, so I'll be asking folks to get marked and then just play as usual...and of course to drop pigments as you get them.

Wowbagger

Awesome, thanks. I did about 10 runs this morning, and it was underway by the time I went to drop them, so thanks everybody. They normally drop at 1 per clan member per run, so it was a really fast way to knock it out.

Only one color left, and that's the purple from Zanuka Hunter, so I'll be asking folks to get marked and then just play as usual...and of course to drop pigments as you get them.

I should have let you know I'd been farming when you signed on. Thought about it, but then got distracted by something. Sorry about that. At least the mission is super quick to run. My first time through, I didn't realize I'd killed the boss; all of a sudden, the exit marker shows up and I'm all question marks. I guess that's one of the bosses due for a rework.

Tried to get marked, but no luck after three runs. I remember the Grustrag Three being similarly stubborn.

I have a good potato hunting I made the remaining prime weapons I couldnt buy the past pacthes. Now I ran out of weapon slot again, brrrrrrrr

Who do you have to kill again to get marked by alad/zanuka?

Kill corpus like there is no tomorrow, you will receive an email about entering the zanuka project.

hyp

is there still a neogaf clan? would you guys mind adding me if so? PSN: hypoetical

played with some of you back in the day and slowly getting back into it due to running out of things to do in Destiny. so much to do since last playing!

frizby

Who do you have to kill again to get marked by alad/zanuka?

Side with Grineer in invasions until you get a note from Alad V saying you're marked. You can confirm that you're marked in your in game profile.

Hyp, will inv you in the morning if nobody beats me to it. Good to see you back!

hyp

Side with Grineer in invasions until you get a note from Alad V saying you're marked. You can confirm that you're marked in your in game profile.

Hyp, will inv you in the morning if nobody beats me to it. Good to see you back!

awesome thanks frizby!

frizby

awesome thanks frizby!

No worries, and invite sent.

There really is a ton of stuff for you to catch up on. Hopefully you got Frost, Mag and Ember Prime back in the day, because they're out of the drop tables. If you left when I think you did, it might have been before Rhino Prime came out, so make him and Boltor Prime a priority.

Pick a couple of syndicates to start leveling up. They'll absorb XP through normal gameplay, so no reason not to.

Probably 10 new frames, tons of weapons, Archwings, Dogs, Raids, Oh my.

Most of the former event mods are available or will be through various means, so you can mostly catch up. Post in clan chat or in the PSN clan community if you need help with anything.

Menthuss

https://warframe.com/prime-vault-faq
Misa Prime will be mine. ;-;
Gotta sell my 6 remaining Frost sets quickly.

Sorry to be off-topic but I'd be wary of this link as it sometimes (not always) sends me towards Tradetracker.com. Noticed that after I installed Ghostery it stopped doing it so Warfame's site might be borked.

EDIT: Did some more testing and it seems a tracker called "VigLink" on GAF is causing the redirect. The second I unblock that tracker and click on the link, the Tradetracker website opens for me (doesn't happen when I right-click and select open in new tab. Should I contact a mod about this?

Amon37

Sorry to be off-topic but I'd be wary of this link as it sometimes (not always) sends me towards Tradetracker.com. Noticed that after I installed Ghostery it stopped doing it so Warfame's site might be borked.

EDIT: Did some more testing and it seems a tracker called "VigLink" on GAF is causing the redirect. The second I unblock that tracker and click on the link, the Tradetracker website opens for me (doesn't happen when I right-click and select open in new tab. Should I contact a mod about this?

Yah it's GAF with the shitty ads. I'd contact a mod.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Deleted this game months ago because the gameplay was so bad with no hit detection at all. Has it improved with latest pateches or its still crap?

Cracklox

Right. So I've got my Mirage wrecking everything with Sonicor. 148% duration, 130% efficiency, and a maxed energy siphon lets me keep HOM and Eclipse up permanently, as well as throw out the odd disco ball when the situation calls.I also went with intensify for the damage boost to HOM and eclipse. Even on pluto and Ceres missions I'm leading most parties in damage. Sometimes obscenely so.

The Sonicors nuts. I potato-ed it, and with 180% multi shot and Blast damage, I don't really need to aim. Just wave it in the general direction of the enemy and press right trigger and watch the rag-dolling and explosions.

A question about damage types (which I've only just read into). Wiki says one of the benefits of blast is knockdown. Given the Sonicor has innate rag-doll, is it better to go for a different damage type?I here corrosives the go, but looking at how everything works that may require some Forma. Hmmm....

Top Bottom