• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
There's tons more weapons/frames now. Archwing and kubrows(pets)too. Less grind? Well not really. There's more to do but you'll hit a wall eventually. You can get better stuff and have more to do more reliably so I dunno if that's enough for you to come back. They also have timed resources now if that's a no go. Oh and weapons that require other weapons to build.

If you do want to try the game again you can join the clan, just post your psn.

Atlas quest is mostly non archwing I can solo the boss and would be glad to carry you to save you plat. Limbo is also probably doable. I was really frustrated with archwing too. There was a tipping point where it goes from frustrating to I can solo everything.

I don't why it won't let you upgrade the mods maybe you just need a restart of the game.

I'm zerosection if you ever see me in game. I've done the entire Jordas quest line. I just need to farm the boss for parts. I just can't upgrade any of the mods I have for the archwing. I've tried everything even restarting and its the same situation today. The only arch-anything mod I can see is Automatic trigger when I go to fuse mods. The mods will be the for me to equip and have a red opaque color over them, but then I go to the main mod window and I see none of them save for Auto-trigger.

edit: Its not even showing I have aura mods yet I have plenty of those from when I used to play. I'm wondering if maybe this is a bug of some kind I've encountered?

double edit: I think I figured out what was wrong. finally moded a shield % and now have 1020 shields plus a max shield recharge lol

BHK3

Banned
There's tons more weapons/frames now. Archwing and kubrows(pets)too. Less grind? Well not really. There's more to do but you'll hit a wall eventually. You can get better stuff and have more to do more reliably so I dunno if that's enough for you to come back. They also have timed resources now if that's a no go. Oh and weapons that require other weapons to build.

If you do want to try the game again you can join the clan, just post your psn.

I'm a PC player, it's just that thread doesn't have 1/10th the activity this one does so I posted here instead. Did they list out what 2.0's they were gonna do? I left a little bit after melee 2.0 and read that they recently did a damage 2.0

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure offhand when melee 2.0 was I think around update 12-13? For new stuff spy 2.0 and parcour are probably the biggest system changes.

Parkour basically got rid of stamina and improved mobility. You can wall hang/jump up walls run on zip lines etc. Aiming while leaping gives a minor bullet time effect. Spy added rooms/data vaults to break into. 3 per mission and you get rewards for each one. Getting all 3 gives a void key, mod (even old event stat ones) and usually credits. Sabatoge is kinda similar dunno when they brought that in but for the void ones if you find all 3 caches(special lockers) you get 2 drops from the table so 2 prime parts instead of one.

As for upcoming stuff u18 is out now and they have reworks for a few frames upcoming along with changes to trading and the void blowing up ( DE still haven't clarified how this'll work I doubt they are getting rid of it just adding it to the star chart or something). I think there's another raid coming if it's not out yet and other things I'm forgetting. DE through stuff out there so often without any timeline/certainty. Hell focus just came out on pc.

frizby

There must be something I'm missing here, cause it isn't allowing me to upgrade any of the Arch wing mods like energy Inversion.

Edit: very tempted to just buy atlas and limbo with plat outright. The more i dabble with archwings the more frustrated and annoyed i become.

First, don't ever buy a frame. They're overpriced and easy to get, especially with a little help, which any clan vet will probably offer.

Second, a small tip that might help with Archwing frustration and that IMO improves the game in general. In your settings, turn your field of view all the way up, which pulls the camera back.

First, don't ever buy a frame. They're overpriced and easy to get, especially with a little help, which any clan vet will probably offer.

Second, a small tip that might help with Archwing frustration and that IMO improves the game in general. In your settings, turn your field of view all the way up, which pulls the camera back.

Thanks ill try that. Its been a steep learning curve but im getting there.

As a side note did they remove coptering with parkour 2.0? Havent seen anyone doing it. Ive mostly resorted to bullet jump > double jump > slide. It doesnt feel like spamming slide while dashing is all that fast anymore either.

Amon37

As a side note did they remove coptering with parkour 2.0? Havent seen anyone doing it. Ive mostly resorted to bullet jump > double jump > slide. It doesnt feel like spamming slide while dashing is all that fast anymore either.

Yes they did. It was one of the main points as most people were just using the fastest melee weapons to copter and not really doing melee.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol spent 4 hrs yesterday looking for 4 argon crystals...got 5 on one survival run today. Thx rngesus. If only I could freeze these till u18

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
no word on next update? we are still stuck on 17.7 :(

I think we are getting a performance upgrade for that new raid, maybe that's what taking so long.

Cracklox

^I think its just a case of waiting for certification to patch from Sony and Microsoft. Out of DEs hands at the moment I'd say

Seconded. Def don't buy Limbo. His quest is pretty easy. First an archwing intercept, which is easy if you have at least 1 other person to do it with, and then 3 excavate missions. Each successful excavation has a chance of getting the part you are there for.

To give you an idea the 1st mission, I got the part on the 1st excavation (!!) the 2nd took something like 25 (!!!) across 2 attempts, and the 3rd I ended up soloing and got it after the 3rd or maybe 4th. Not too bad other then the 2nd.

Unrelated note: Prob won't be on quite so much at least until U18. I haven't done much else the last few months with my spare time other then play this, so I think I'm burnt out a little. Also some cheap PS4 games around at the moment. Picked up The Order for $20 over the weekend and beat it. $20 is almost exactly what that games worth. I had to keep telling myself "this is what games look like now" while picking my jaw up from the floor. Pity the gameplay was so uninspirsed, cos it really did look amazing. Still, was sort of refreshing because I haven't played a linear story driven game since TLOU on ps3.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So I need to clear out some weapons for space. I have orthos p, tonbo and tipedo. Which to keep? Also are any of the dual wield pistols worth keeping? I have akmagnus, akvasto and akjagara, but mostly use the vaykor marelok or despair for spy/deception. Should probably get rid of the event stuff like the gorgan wraith too.

Edit: also what's the best place to farm orokin cells?

^I think its just a case of waiting for certification to patch from Sony and Microsoft. Out of DEs hands at the moment I'd say

Seconded. Def don't buy Limbo. His quest is pretty easy. First an archwing intercept, which is easy if you have at least 1 other person to do it with, and then 3 excavate missions. Each successful excavation has a chance of getting the part you are there for.

To give you an idea the 1st mission, I got the part on the 1st excavation (!!) the 2nd took something like 25 (!!!) across 2 attempts, and the 3rd I ended up soloing and got it after the 3rd or maybe 4th. Not too bad other then the 2nd.

Unrelated note: Prob won't be on quite so much at least until U18. I haven't done much else the last few months with my spare time other then play this, so I think I'm burnt out a little. Also some cheap PS4 games around at the moment. Picked up The Order for $20 over the weekend and beat it. $20 is almost exactly what that games worth. I had to keep telling myself "this is what games look like now" while picking my jaw up from the floor. Pity the gameplay was so uninspirsed, cos it really did look amazing. Still, was sort of refreshing because I haven't played a linear story driven game since TLOU on ps3.

Good to know. I wish this Ash prime main blueprint was just as easy to get cuz the thing won't drop in the last 3 or 4 days ive been farming t3 def

Error

Nah, they (DE) let you know when the update is getting cert they have a progress bar for that in their site. Afaik, there hasn't been any word from DE regarding the next update for consoles. I'm thinking we'll get them all with update 18, raid and all.

frizby

Yeah, I've picked up a few games lately as well. Been playing a lot of Fallout 4, which is honestly pretty amazing (Bethesda jank notwithstanding). I also picked up Arkham, Witcher, Middle Earth GOTY, and Dying Light.

But I'll still be on daily, even if it's just for login bonus, syndicate rep and maybe a quick raid.

So I need to clear out some weapons for space. I have orthos p, tonbo and tipedo. Which to keep? Also are any of the dual wield pistols worth keeping? I have akmagnus, akvasto and akjagara, but mostly use the vaykor marelok or despair for spy/deception. Should probably get rid of the event stuff like the gorgan wraith too.

Edit: also what's the best place to farm orokin cells?

Orthos Prime is just about the only melee I use, but I'm not really a melee guy. I just like the speed and range.

A few decent options for Orokin Cells:

• Sargus Ruk speed runs still work
  • T3D and T3S still drop 3 packs, I think...probably some other towers too, check the tables
  • Ceres: Semeini if you want credits (5 waves and out for 22-23K creds) or Draco if you want to level stuff up or get syndicate rep. There are always randoms in both.
Good to know. I wish this Ash prime main blueprint was just as easy to get cuz the thing won't drop in the last 3 or 4 days ive been farming t3 def

That particular piece is a painful farm. My friend Diecast has been running T3Ds for months. I'm kind of tempted to just buy him one
and tell him I farmed it.

In other news, I have a few thoughts about the NeoGAF Clan, and I'd like some feedback:

1. I did a little recruiting push when we finished the Wukong research since that seemed like a good time, and it was a mixed bag. Maybe one or two will stick around, but that's probably the last time I do mass random recruiting that way. Please note that anybody ranked Captain or higher can recruit people you play with, and I encourage you to do so.

2. We'll have an opportunity at update 18 to shrink the clan to 30, and if it doesn't affect the dojo, I'm leaning toward doing it. I honestly feel like 30 is just a bit too small, but I also feel like 100 is entirely too large as it turns into a bit of work to figure out who to kick and when and to recruit new players, and of course, it also increases the resources required for clan research. With 30, I'd basically keep the 30 most recent players and would only kick the last player when somebody else asks for an invite.

3. I think I'd like an alliance, and I've posted a few times in recruiting. I'm basically looking for a mature group with a nice logo and no Dark Sector drama.

4. I'm also thinking about one or two co-warlords. Post if you're interested, but giving Blaise and Baggr some side-eye. The only difference for you from General is that you'd have edit capability on the dojo and access to the clan vault. The only downside is that you can't ever kick or demote a Warlord, so I'd have to ask that if you ever want to take an extended break or quit entirely, you do the right thing.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Currently trying to move on from my initial MK1 Braton and eyeing either Latron for the slow but accurate slugging or maybe a Hind as it seems like a strong burst damage type gun.

Any advice? I don't like to spray and pray, and I mainly melee at closer range, but I also don't want something too slow.

As a side note, anyone have a good high res version of the Warframe logo? Thinking of doing some decal decorating on the PS4 and the logo is perfect.

frizby

How many members are active? I remember seeing like 20 in a full house day but I think 30 is a little small.

I watch the trends pretty closely, and you haven't seen 20 clan members on simultaneously since near the PS4 launch. On a good night, we have 8-10 on. On a really good night, maybe 12. We did have a little influx the other day when I did the mass recruiting, so you might be thinking of that, but even then, it was only 12-13 players, and very few of those guys will last. Some will look for different types of clans, and a few have already left, and others simply won't last in the game. I've only been kicking people when we get up to about 95 players, and through regular recruiting, I've pushed the average offline time of players kicked from 80-90 days to closer to 50 days, but even that's too long IMO. If I were to stop recruiting randoms and stuck with NeoGAF and friends, I really think a clan size of 30 would be a better fit. I'd honestly prefer 50, but that's not an option.

I also like that it places something of a premium on clan membership, and worst case, you get kicked and have to build a new dojo key. It's pretty cheap to build.

I'm reminded of the last time we had a similar discussion and the leadership at the time was looking at expanding to 300. I advocated strongly against that for similar reasons, and honestly, if the few of us who contribute to clan research were funding for a 300 member clan, the clan would be entirely dead now, as the more active folks would have left. Imagine if we'd needed 330 Nitain instead of 110. I was grabbing Nitain on 4 profiles, and it still took us a while. Or remember the farm for Zephyr? Imagine that tripled.

frizby

Currently trying to move on from my initial MK1 Braton and eyeing either Latron for the slow but accurate slugging or maybe a Hind as it seems like a strong burst damage type gun.

Any advice? I don't like to spray and pray, and I mainly melee at closer range, but I also don't want something too slow.

As a side note, anyone have a good high res version of the Warframe logo? Thinking of doing some decal decorating on the PS4 and the logo is perfect.

In the early game, just grab whatever for mastery rank and use whatever looks fun. All of those guns are disposable.

I googled "Warframe Wallpaper" and came up with some interesting stuff at pretty high res.

Amon37

I think the clan should be reduced to 30 and I think the inactivity time should be reduced to 30 days at most without unless you give a warlord a heads up. Even at 30 well still have wiggle room for solid members. Especially if your thinking about an alliance. An alliance will give us extra people to group and trade with while not inflating our clan and research costs.

I'd think about a warlord position but my playtime is very specific

I check in between 6:30-6:45am PST Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday and play from around 11:00pm-4:00am PST Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Also to Indrid, I'd never get rid of anything prime. Since coptering isn't a thing I'd at least get rid it the tipedo.

Cracklox

Yeah, I've picked up a few games lately as well. Been playing a lot of Fallout 4, which is honestly pretty amazing (Bethesda jank notwithstanding). I also picked up Arkham, Witcher, Middle Earth GOTY, and Dying Light.

Yeah will check Fallout at some point. Was on sale yesterday for 50 bucks, and nearly pulled the trigger. I'll prob borrow from a friend when they're done with it though.

Witcher is amazing. Prob my GOTY. I still need to check the dlc, which I'll likely do in the next week or two. Couldn't get into Batman, but I was loaned a copy right around the time I started playing this, so I only put a few hours into cos I was a bit distracted. Wasn't bad, just a bit too much Bat-Tank. It was actually sorta fun, just not very 'Batman'. That, and there was Oxium to farm ;)

In other news, I have a few thoughts about the NeoGAF Clan, and I'd like some feedback:

Hey for what it's worth it probably sounds worthwhile dropping the size.As much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure how much a game like this will grow its player base (significantly) nearly 3 years into its development. I think by that time the amount of new players coming in will plateau, and the game survives (or thrives, if its good) because of its 'regulars'. That's probably even more of a signicant factor in a gaming site based clan like GAF, where a lot of people are just after playing the latest hot shit out there (which is fine btw. I'm still sorta like that) and generally don't play things long term. I do echo the '30 might be a touch to small' sentiment though...

Also worth noting, the times I'm on during the week, quite often it's just lonely old me. Then a few people start to get on right around the time I really need to get to bed :( Not quite the 10-12 a night for you guys

Oh, and indifferent towards alliance stuff. Do as you must

The second dream lore, is quite disapointing but intriging.

I watch the trends pretty closely, and you haven't seen 20 clan members on simultaneously since near the PS4 launch. On a good night, we have 8-10 on. On a really good night, maybe 12. We did have a little influx the other day when I did the mass recruiting, so you might be thinking of that, but even then, it was only 12-13 players, and very few of those guys will last. Some will look for different types of clans, and a few have already left, and others simply won't last in the game. I've only been kicking people when we get up to about 95 players, and through regular recruiting, I've pushed the average offline time of players kicked from 80-90 days to closer to 50 days, but even that's too long IMO. If I were to stop recruiting randoms and stuck with NeoGAF and friends, I really think a clan size of 30 would be a better fit. I'd honestly prefer 50, but that's not an option.

I also like that it places something of a premium on clan membership, and worst case, you get kicked and have to build a new dojo key. It's pretty cheap to build.

I'm reminded of the last time we had a similar discussion and the leadership at the time was looking at expanding to 300. I advocated strongly against that for similar reasons, and honestly, if the few of us who contribute to clan research were funding for a 300 member clan, the clan would be entirely dead now, as the more active folks would have left. Imagine if we'd needed 330 Nitain instead of 110. I was grabbing Nitain on 4 profiles, and it still took us a while. Or remember the farm for Zephyr? Imagine that tripled.

Yeah, it would be a nighmare to gather material on a 300 clan, right after the previous warlord cut the PS4 clan chat or after most of the regular players left for D
estiny

Guys I recently picked up this game after sometime, I believe I was in the middle of finishing off the banshee frame, do Dojos still exist? if so can someone add me again?

jfull7602

Neo Member
That particular piece is a painful farm. My friend Diecast has been running T3Ds for months. I'm kind of tempted to just buy him one
and tell him I farmed it.

In other news, I have a few thoughts about the NeoGAF Clan, and I'd like some feedback: ...

I got an Ash Prime BP just the other day, and will happily give one to him if Diecast still needs it.

Also, about the clan...Im all for a smaller clan if it helps with resources and making things easier all together. Like its been said, on a normal night, there arent that many on at a time anyway, so why not? And I know you and I have talked about it before, but Id jump up as co-warlord if nobody else takes it and you still want to do it.

frizby

I think the clan should be reduced to 30 and I think the inactivity time should be reduced to 30 days at most without unless you give a warlord a heads up. Even at 30 well still have wiggle room for solid members. Especially if your thinking about an alliance. An alliance will give us extra people to group and trade with while not inflating our clan and research costs.

I've always been pretty firmly against a policy of kicking at a specific number of days offline because participation in general will ebb and flow based on other games coming out and on when updates to Warframe come out. My preference is to stay at 30 until somebody asks to join, and the we simply remove whoever has been offline the longest. It's really the least work and least drama, I think.

That said, if the clan size were 30, I'd probably try to keep membership closer to 27 or 28 to give officers flexibilty to bring in friends and people they play with.

On the warlord thing, the more I think about it, there isn't really much upside to having more than one unless somebody else wants to work on the dojo, and it brings the downside of having another person who isn't removable or demotable. And that's especially true if we shrink. I think I'll stand pat and maybe just give the generals architect privileges...if they even want them.

And looking for an alliance that works for us is ongoing.

@jfull, good to see you on GAF! Your turn to the dark side is now complete.

Tevren

Been dabbling back in this after quite some time away. Really digging the changes in Parkour 2.0, stamina bar was always my enemy.

The one thing that is baffling me, is i can not seem to activate Jordas Precept. At all. I had the planet open ages ago, no message in my inbox, no launchable quest from my codex. Since coming back i have knocked out the Natah quest. I've even tried running random missions on Eris.

Is there some other prerequisite I could be overlooking?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So uh there's a 27 day alert for a latron prime part. This how they're bringing back old stuff I guess. Surprised DE is so generous. I thought they were basically reselling prime access stuff? It's weird they'd give so much time for alerts if they want ppl to buy the access. Maybe only some stuff is in the vault access? But it's same price as regular access.

Have they said anything about what exactly is coming back and how? Cuz I don't need latron but if they're giving away vaulted stuff I'll have to keep an eye out for stuff I'm missing.

Amon37

Been dabbling back in this after quite some time away. Really digging the changes in Parkour 2.0, stamina bar was always my enemy.

The one thing that is baffling me, is i can not seem to activate Jordas Precept. At all. I had the planet open ages ago, no message in my inbox, no launchable quest from my codex. Since coming back i have knocked out the Natah quest. I've even tried running random missions on Eris.

Is there some other prerequisite I could be overlooking?

Do you have an archwing? You need an archwing.

bLaiSe

So uh there's a 27 day alert for a latron prime part. This how they're bringing back old stuff I guess. Surprised DE is so generous. I thought they were basically reselling prime access stuff? It's weird they'd give so much time for alerts if they want ppl to buy the access. Maybe only some stuff is in the vault access? But it's same price as regular access.

Have they said anything about what exactly is coming back and how? Cuz I don't need latron but if they're giving away vaulted stuff I'll have to keep an eye out for stuff I'm missing.
Only the stock will be on alert. It can't be farmed in the void. Everything else drops.

I got an Ash Prime BP just the other day, and will happily give one to him if Diecast still needs it.

I caved and bought it for 40pl. I figure I have better things to do with my time then farm rotation C endlessly into oblivion.

Now if I could just get this Dercurion barrel to drop from Jupiter, and a soma prime receiver from T2 survival would be tops as well.

I just need something better than these starter weapons from the original Arch wing. I can't spam melee forever even though I want to. Aiming sucks for arch wings with a controller.

Amon37

Decurion isn't that great. Since the grattler doesn't need to be farmed I used that until I got the fluctus and then I was lucky enough to get the imperator vandal parts and now that's my go to weapon.

Tevren

Do you have an archwing? You need an archwing.

Yup. 3 of them in fact. Might just take a pass on Atlas, much more interested in Ivara. Only other thing i can think of to do is kill Tyl Regor again (haven't killed him since u17 changes).

Edit: Killing Tyl Regor did the trick. Now to farm Bacon frame!

frizby

FYI to GAF Clan Generals: you now have architect capability. For all intents and purposes, you can do everything I can.

Probably a better solution than having a bunch of warlords. Thanks for helping out.

Wowbagger

FYI to GAF Clan Generals: you now have architect capability. For all intents and purposes, you can do everything I can.

Nice! I'd like to try adding some purple to the main hall, if only Zanuka would start doing its job.

Probably a better solution than having a bunch of warlords. Thanks for helping out.

Yeah, I don't see much point in having additional warlords.

Reducing the clan's size and joining an alliance sound like good ideas.

Error

I have never gotten invaded by Zanuka, only once I was invaded by the Grustrag Three but that's it.

What's the best place to farm for t3 keys? Looking for t3 sabotage in particular, tired of asking for t3 sab games in the recruiting channel.

Top Bottom