• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I see the update in my PS4 download queue, but its been
"preparing to download..." for the past 20 minutes.

This thing must be humongous.

OK, looks like it finally started, shows 20GB downloaded out of 24GB so the update's arout 4GB? Seems reasonable, just took forever to get started.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I love DE. Might just buy the 70 or so plat thing in the psn store just to support them.

Tevren

Patch is great. Second Dream was everything I had heard, an then some.

Halfway to Ivara, just need to run more after i eat.

Man I'm not sure what Focus to pick. I'm leaning toward Zenurik. A 4 tick energy replenish sounds sexy as hell though with Exalted Blade. Naramon sounds better for melee focused players however so I'm thinking that might be a good choice.

Tevren

I went Zenarik for the energy regen and passives. Al had things i could find useful tbh, with the possible exception of Unairu, it needs some love.

I went Zenarik for the energy regen and passives. Al had things i could find useful tbh, with the possible exception of Unairu, it needs some love.

I settled on Naramon. I'm a pretty melee focused Tenno. I'll probably get Zenarik next, but damn if those sortie missions aren't something else lol. My Radial build Loki is doing much work in there. I might try Excalibro next. I bet Radial Blind and Exalted Blade will be just as effective.

So do these sorties reset every day and then I can get one thing out of the pool?

Also that 2nd dream quest was awesome though. I kind of want to play through it again.

VariantX

Some quick thoughts. New daily rewards system craps all over the old one from great heights and only gets better as you play more. Got my first reward tonight, a 3-hour credit booster. There are guaranteed rewards at certain milestones and your chances of getting something rare increase about 5% for each mastery rank.

Broken-war is the new god of swords. It is either better by a good margin or equal to Dakra prime in all categories. It is in no way inferior, and it's far easier to get than Dakra prime, and it comes with slot and potato.

Second dream quest is great and feels much more like quests should have always been in warframe. We got story progression and a good bit of lore cleared up. Haven't gotten far with the focus trees to give any opinions on it yet so far.

Still trying to get ivara parts, did 10 spy runs already and yet to have scored a single one so far. Safe to assume that the drop rate is probably comically low for her stuff.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't a fan of the actual missions, well part of em( fuck off circle laser thing and stalker ex blade spam), but yeah otherwise top notch stuff.

New ship doesn't look as nice as I'd hoped. That stalker skin for it looks nice but too much plat for it.

Got 1st ivara part in 5 runs 2nd in 15-20. On the last 2 now.

frizby

Super productive day:

Built and leveled market weapons
Started and funded dojo weapons
Did quest
Farmed Ivara
Leveled Broken War
Invaded by Stalker, who dropped War BP
Invaded by Zanuka for pigment
When War hits 18 tomorrow morning, I'll hit MR21

Tevren

Really torn on the War vs Broken War thing. War is amazing, but broken easily surpasses Dakra Prime for 1h. Might just have to suck it up and get both.

frizby

Not even sure how to get a Broken War outside of the quest. Anyway, I used mine to build War, so if Broken War is somehow better, I guess I wasted a Catalyst.

Failed my MR21 test, and I'm super salty about it. I aced it the four previous practices, and I did the practice at least another five times after failing, but they timer ran out on my actual test because the orb randomly spawned farther away than I'd seen before. I'd be prepared for it now, but it caught me off guard on that run.

Tomorrow then...

To make up for that random punch in the junk, Ivara was pretty easy for me. I'd estimate 25 runs total for the three parts and BP. Will have her Tues AM.

Amon37

Any recommended spy node to farm Ivara?

I'm personally switching between the two nodes on Saturn for now since it's the same planet and because grineer spies are way eaiser. I got no pieces last night so hopefully tonight. I still need an argon for my second atomos so I can make those heat axes.

I'm personally switching between the two nodes on Saturn for now since it's the same planet and because grineer spies are way eaiser. I got no pieces last night so hopefully tonight. I still need an argon for my second atomos so I can make those heat axes.
Corpus hacking is so stupidly impossible sometimes that I can't even fuck with them unless I have a few Ciphers.

Just finished the Second Dream.

Holy shit.

Yup lol

So where is everyone putting their focus lenses at? I was thinking of sticking mine on my weapons first. At least then I can level it regardless of Frame.

Tevren

Spent pretty much all day yesterday doing Spy runs, finally got the Ivara helmet. Just Chassis to go. The RNG game is strong with Ivara, so much so I'm going to have to farm Ferrite for the first time ever basically.

Amon37

Wow I did the whole "one more spy mission before bed" last night and actually got the blueprint.

The farm was hard but still nothing compared to equinox. At least for Ivara I also walked away with a crapload of mods and keys.

Error

sortie rewards seems like the quickest way to make some plat. in 3 days I have already gotten 40 plat selling sortie rewards.

Cracklox

So U18 consensus seems good? I've only skimmed impressions but it seems pretty positive

I was all set to log on for the 1st time in a few weeks last night, but then the update took 2 hours to download with my crappy internet. In the meantime I went back to Until Dawn while I waited. I'd gotten about half way through and had found it pretty ho-hum up until where I was, but lo and behold my couple of hours on it last night, it finally got good. Interested to see where it goes now. Will prob finish that tonight or tomorrow, but will def be on Warframe over the next few days.

Am NOT looking forward to farming spy missions for Ivara, but DO really wanna check her out. Such conundrums

Error

So U18 consensus seems good? I've only skimmed impressions but it seems pretty positive

I was all set to log on for the 1st time in a few weeks last night, but then the update took 2 hours to download with my crappy internet. In the meantime I went back to Until Dawn while I waited. I'd gotten about half way through and had found it pretty ho-hum up until where I was, but lo and behold my couple of hours on it last night, it finally got good. Interested to see where it goes now. Will prob finish that tonight or tomorrow, but will def be on Warframe over the next few days.

Am NOT looking forward to farming spy missions for Ivara, but DO really wanna check her out. Such conundrums
yep they added a lot of stuff, not just to the lore but also new gameplay systems, a new raid, new weapons, new warframe, new tileset, new mode (sortie). you need to do the second dream quest ASAP before doing anything else in the update.

yep they added a lot of stuff, not just to the lore but also new gameplay systems, a new raid, new weapons, new warframe, new tileset, new mode (sortie). you need to do the second dream quest ASAP before doing anything else in the update.

Yeah, do the quest or you will lose exp of you dont know anyway since the options doesnt tell you which Focus does

frizby

I can't seem to breed one but I've been trying. I got 3/5 now with Chesa, Sakasha and Raksa.

I just wish I could get another Naramon lens for Atlas. I got one on Loki already.

I keep imprints of all breeds for clan members. Just make imprints when your dog is done and give them back to me.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol these connection errors are getting ridiculous. Kicked and can't connect again. Think I needed a break anyway. Tired of beating my head again an rng time wall for minimal progress.

Cracklox

Gai's

I logged on last night to check out the 2nd dream quest, expecting a nice cinematic 15-20 min romp through some new environments, with cool cutscenes and the like and plenty of stuff to shoot.

What I got instead (so far) was a 2min cutscene separate from the mission, and then dropped into a goddam, fudgin spy mission, my least favourite mode. After a couple of weeks off I was totally up for shooting some shit, instead I spent most of my 20-30 mins last night trying to figure out puzzles, that I really couldn't have been stuffed figuring out at that point (was late, so that didn't help).

Is this how their 'cinematic' quest is? A cutscene or 2 in between standard mission types? Am I stupid to have expected anything different? Or do they change things up further into the quest? I'm pretty spoiler free on it and all I heard was "Cinematic quest. Cutscenes. Lore revelations. AMAZEBALLS!!

There's a good mix of mission types in that questline, so you won't be stuck doing a bunch of any given one.

And yeah, stick with it.

Separately, as I've been mixing in the Ivara parts hunt along with my usual Warframin', I'm getting to know the Spy mission type well. I might be the odd man out but I love it - makes for an incredible change of pace from all the other combat, hold-out and delivery modes.

As usual, half the fun for me is trying out different builds and combinations tailored to the task. For Spy missions I run a Limbo (who can walk through lasers), slotted with enemy sense (puts enemy on the mini-map), and even the extended hacking time (helped me to nail corpus hacking) and extended latch and bullet glide mods (to help with some of the trickier shortcuts and platforming bits). For weapons I've got a silenced Vectis Prime sniper rifle with Metal Auger, which can one-shot enemy patrols at range through those indestructible view ports you look through at the start of each Hack area. Match this with the Red Veil Ballistica for a secondary - which is silent, can one shot a line of enemies with a charged shot, and comes with Blight +1 which procs often when doing stealth kills and is damn near guaranteed to proc when hacking the Data Terminal - and when it procs it blasts a large radial wave of Viral + 1,000 damage. So its one hell of a satisfying conclusion to each Data hack to see the explosion - kills anything in the area, ruptures every mine, explodes every camera and tears open ever container. For melee, my new favorite, the nun-chucks, the funnest weapon ever, kitted for extra status chance and electricity, radiation or corrosive. It's combos hit things above you which is handy when getting smothered by drones. To top it off I go with a Shade sentinel, with a pacifist build - no weapon. I don't use it's invisibility much, but having it available makes for one hell of an insurance policy, and acts as an emergency cloak system in case some enemy wanders too close when I'm not paying attention (or hacking).

Here he is with my previous gear:
4buI1a0.jpg

And to think, that's just one very specific strategy and build for one specific gametype. This game never stops offering up new challenges and new ways to overcome them.

Gai's

I logged on last night to check out the 2nd dream quest, expecting a nice cinematic 15-20 min romp through some new environments, with cool cutscenes and the like and plenty of stuff to shoot.

What I got instead (so far) was a 2min cutscene separate from the mission, and then dropped into a goddam, fudgin spy mission, my least favourite mode. After a couple of weeks off I was totally up for shooting some shit, instead I spent most of my 20-30 mins last night trying to figure out puzzles, that I really couldn't have been stuffed figuring out at that point (was late, so that didn't help).

Is this how their 'cinematic' quest is? A cutscene or 2 in between standard mission types? Am I stupid to have expected anything different? Or do they change things up further into the quest? I'm pretty spoiler free on it and all I heard was "Cinematic quest. Cutscenes. Lore revelations. AMAZEBALLS!!

cinematic, mission, mission, mission, missions with dialogue, cutscene, ending missions, more dialogue, OMG , cutscene, dialogue, choose your path, dialogue, cutscene, everything is back to normal.

Error

Loki wrecks Spy missions, I really regret not having one earlier. Currently building Loki Prime.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Grineer spy is pretty good. I hate corpus though. Fuck their bs moving lazers. That one double hallway with the pits and moving lazer walls get me every time.

Cracklox

And yeah, stick with it.

Yo cheers. Although that raises the question of should I stick with it primarily because of rewards at the end, or stick with it cause its a genuinely entertaining quest-line. Or a little of both maybe. Prob best not to answer that too, I'll find out for myself soon enough ;)

Also I'm sure I did a spy mission with Limbo a while back and thought I'd be able to waltz through everything while void walking, but I'm sure I set off an alarm from going through lasers. Might've been something else though.

cinematic, mission, mission, mission, missions with dialogue, cutscene, ending missions, more dialogue, OMG , cutscene, dialogue, choose your path, dialogue, cutscene, everything is back to normal.

Heh. I'm kinda hoping that's not the exact order of things. Could prob do with 1 or 2 more OMGs too. And choose your path you say. Hmmmm

The only problem with syndicate weapons is that in grineer spy missions if you are in a Vault and someone else hacks a Vault it will trigger your aoe and set off the alarms.
Will keep that in mind. Have been soloing all of the Spy missions so far. Two Ivara parts down now leaving me with the tier 3 pieces to go. Will probably pair up to run those with one of us going for the data while the other holds the main doorway - sucks to have a bunch of enemies waltz into the zone when you're trying to get your Mission Impossible action on.

Also I'm sure I did a spy mission with Limbo a while back and thought I'd be able to waltz through everything while void walking, but I'm sure I set off an alarm from going through lasers. Might've been something else though.
I thought this too, specifically with horizontal chest high lasers, and it happened so much I started calling them "fuck you lasers". Turns out it was my own damn fault. I was trying to slide under them out of force of habit, and doing this happens to line up your sentinel at chest high level, pitch perfect placing to touch the beam and set off the alarm. Sentinels don't rift walk with you, otherwise this wouldn't be a problem.

So, lesson learned: Don't slide under laser beams while rift walking :p

Heh. I'm kinda hoping that's not the exact order of things. Could prob do with 1 or 2 more OMGs too. And choose your path you say. Hmmmm

Only if you are lore hungry then yeah, only one OMG, it is a good experience for a free campaign expansion. too bad you cant still replay story missions

Cracklox

I thought this too, specifically with horizontal chest high lasers, and it happened so much I started calling them "fuck you lasers". Turns out it was my own damn fault. I was trying to slide under them out of force of habit, and doing this happens to line up your sentinel at chest high level, pitch perfect placing to touch the beam and set off the alarm. Sentinels don't rift walk with you, otherwise this wouldn't be a problem.

So, lesson learned: Don't slide under laser beams while rift walking :p

Aye. That'll do the trick. I've mostly been using my Kubrow, so I assume same rules apply.

Duly noted. For these Ivara parts, I might just run Limbo with no companion.

Top Bottom