• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

VariantX

Unless it got fixed in the latest patch, you hitting a wall on Phobos is probably at least partially due to a long-standing balance issue. I forget the specifics, but some of the Grineer units on that planet hit way too hard. Last time I read a thread about the issue, I decided to check it out for myself by doing an excavation mission and, even with my maxed out, end-game viable gear, keeping the excavators alive was a nightmare.

That said, potatoing your favourite gear now is a good idea. For tougher Void missions, sorties and the like, you'll eventually also want to install multiple formas in your firearms. (Most melee weapons can be end-game viable with just a catalyst.)

I'd advice against installing a reactor in Mag, though. Her Shield Polarize ability makes her top tier versus Corpus, but she's not that great versus the other factions. Incoming rework might change that (maybe we'll get details in today's devstream), but, for now, you'd be better off switching to another frame (Rhino is a good beginner's frame) to take you through the rest of the star chart.

Not familiar with that PS4 bundle you mentioned. What melee weapon did you get with it? You should definitely consider upgrading from the Dual Ether. Also, if you got platinum with that bundle, maybe buying Frost Prime through trade chat instead of Prime Access is an option. Probably cheaper to get him that way.

It's the Grineer Elite Arid Lancers. They hit 3-4 times as hard as level equivalent units on Ceres. They are literally broken and have been for some time. They kill faster than the arid heavy gunners even when their gorgon rifles are fully spun up. The reason why it took so long to address is partly due to the community itself. People on the official forums are way too quick to say "git gud" instead asking more questions about the claims of imbalance. People have sporadically brought up that Phobos Grineer dropped low armor frames in an instant as well as making frost practically mandatory to allow extractors to last more than a second. naturally, some vocal People assumed it was all just bad play until someone actually captured footage, proving it.

Wowbagger

Yeah, it's the excavator mission that's doing me in. More Grineer than I've ever seen, melting all my PUG allies and excavators.

I have a Dual Zoren that should be done by the next time I get home to my PS4. I'm pretty excited to try out a new frame. I need to start grinding for some other ones, too. I just don't know which ones to go for next.

The bundle is Frost Prime, Latron Prime, Reaper Prime, Misa Prime Syandana, a Primed Reactor, and 1050 Plat for $60. Sounds like it is about the price of the plat +$10. I only have 200 plat right now, so I don't know that I'll be able to get anything off the market soon, especially as I'm not able to run T3 Defense for years to get the super rare drops that actually sell.

At my current location, I'm playing on my old PC account. Woooooboy. I played for longer on that account, but have worse mods and apparently upgraded my damaged mods because I didn't watch any tutorials online about what I was supposed to be doing.

Heh, yeah, they spawn in ridiculous numbers. Something else that needs to be looked at. I'll help you get through that next time I see you online.

If you like Dual Zoren, you should consider buying Prisma Dual Cleavers from the void trader next time he brings it. IMO, the best in the dual swords category, with its syndicate mod, though not as fast as Zoren.

Oberon was my frame of choice for clearing most of the star chart. You probably have some of his parts already (they just drop randomly in missions). Having the ability to heal yourself can be quite handy. Thinking about it, I'd recommend him over Rhino as a solid frame for beginners, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one.

200 is probably too low for Frost, and you want some plat for frame and weapon slots as well. Unless you want to get hardcore into trading, I guess buying one of these packs isn't such a bad idea. I've been thinking I will eventually get one myself, to support DE. Maybe if they ever prime Oberon. ^^

Frost is a great frame and Latron is pretty good too. Reaper Prime... not so much.

The damaged mods are such a weird part of the game. I had forgotten they even existed until recently, when someone buying a mod from me wanted to know if it was damaged or not. Seems so unnecessary, with everything else a new player has to wrap his head around, to introduce the concept of damaged mods, when it's only in those first few missions that they're a thing at all.

It's the Grineer Elite Arid Lancers. They hit 3-4 times as hard as level equivalent units on Ceres. They are literally broken and have been for some time. They kill faster than the arid heavy gunners even when their gorgon rifles are fully spun up. The reason why it took so long to address is partly due to the community itself. People on the official forums are way too quick to say "git gud" instead asking more questions about the claims of imbalance. People have sporadically brought up that Phobos Grineer dropped low armor frames in an instant as well as making frost practically mandatory to allow extractors to last more than a second. naturally, some vocal People assumed it was all just bad play until someone actually captured footage, proving it.

So, they're actually looking into fixing it now?

The interception mission on Phobos is pretty brutal as well, iirc. Well, I guess missions in general are pretty brutal there.

Love my new way of doing Grineer interception, though! Ultimate cheese with max range, max efficiency Banshee. Can go afk while she keeps all enemies stunlocked. Of course, you need at least one teammate to help you capture the zones in the first place. If enemies so much as look at Banshee, she'll burn through her revives in a split second. Such great abilites and so many ways to mod that frame, but only suicidal players need apply! She badly needs a shield and/or armour buff. (A bit of both would probably fit the frame best).

VariantX

Heh, yeah, they spawn in ridiculous numbers. Something else that needs to be looked at. I'll help you get through that next time I see you online.

If you like Dual Zoren, you should consider buying Prisma Dual Cleavers from the void trader next time he brings it. IMO, the best in the dual swords category, with its syndicate mod, though not as fast as Zoren.

Oberon was my frame of choice for clearing most of the star chart. You probably have some of his parts already (they just drop randomly in missions). Having the ability to heal yourself can be quite handy. Thinking about it, I'd recommend him over Rhino as a solid frame for beginners, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one.

200 is probably too low for Frost, and you want some plat for frame and weapon slots as well. Unless you want to get hardcore into trading, I guess buying one of these packs isn't such a bad idea. I've been thinking I will eventually get one myself, to support DE. Maybe if they ever prime Oberon. ^^

Frost is a great frame and Latron is pretty good too. Reaper Prime... not so much.

The damaged mods are such a weird part of the game. I had forgotten they even existed until recently, when someone buying a mod from me wanted to know if it was damaged or not. Seems so unnecessary, with everything else a new player has to wrap his head around, to introduce the concept of damaged mods, when it's only in those first few missions that they're a thing at all.

So, they're actually looking into fixing it now?

The interception mission on Phobos is pretty brutal as well, iirc. Well, I guess missions in general are pretty brutal there.

Love my new way of doing Grineer interception, though! Ultimate cheese with max range, max efficiency Banshee. Can go afk while she keeps all enemies stunlocked. Of course, you need at least one teammate to help you capture the zones in the first place. If enemies so much as look at Banshee, she'll burn through her revives in a split second. Such great abilites and so many ways to mod that frame, but only suicidal players need apply! She badly needs a shield and/or armour buff. (A bit of both would probably fit the frame best).

They finally fixed it in a recent patch on PC. The adjustments should be in the next console patch.

Amon37

In recruiting someone says "running t3cap until nikana hilt" I join the game thinking "great someone's got 10-20 keys to drop"

4 keys later he says "OK that's all I have". Lmao

frizby

Got the last of the new parts this morning (Spira Blade), and I think this might have been the toughest prime release to date. Lots of rare keys and brutal drop rates.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy my 6th karak wraith bp. Why do I bother lol

Got another 300 ducats trying for saryn p chassis again.

Hurry up dark souls 3 ;_;

Amon37

Got another Saryn BP so I traded for the nikana bp. Just need that hilt. For Spira I only have the bp. Nezha and Saryn should be done cooking by the time I can play again on Wednesday

Foofaraw

I bought Frost Prime, still haven't played with him. Saving him up for a bit. Played around with strum and maxed my Latron Prime. When I switched back to leveling MK1-Strum, the sadness was real. I also had a random Frost Prime carry me through the Phobos extraction mission, praise Lotus.

VariantX

Eyerox

Kind of impressed that the game keeps getting more and more visual and performance improvements.

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/702722222184644609

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/703070366558789632

Its probably why my toaster of a PC can run this game at 60 fps consistently. When it was in closed beta pre U10, my rig couldn't keep north of 40 fps mostly and thats roughly around the time when enemy counts weren't nearly as high as they are now.

What's the difference in the first VINE vs in game now? What looks different to you? I'm sure there are differences, just hard for me to see.

AndyD

aka andydumi
What's the difference in the first VINE vs in game now? What looks different to you? I'm sure there are differences, just hard for me to see.

I see the god rays and the steam/smoke which I don't think are there, or as pronounced today.

VariantX

It's a huge lighting upgrade.

Ill list a few graphical upgrades and performance optimizations:

-game will use AMD mesh optimizer help to reduce the amount of polys drawn on-screen
-Tilesets are getting relit
-More assets getting PBR pass
-Removing the "blocky" artifacts from existing PBR textures
-Skin wrinkle upgrades for operators, more natural and realistic facial expressions (probably will roll out to other characters in the future)
-better lighting for particle effects
-paricle effects like smoke will react to things in environments like running through smoke will cause it to disperse in your wake

If you go down his Twitter history you can see. Most of this stuff demoed. Some of it is in devstream as well.

Wowbagger

Can't wait for this. The Void and the Orbiter look like they're made out of chessboards atm -- so ugly!

I hope the next patch brings further FPS improvements as well. Last patch helped, but doesn't feel like the game is running as smoothly as it used to, after they optimised it for the first raid.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. Why the fuck are forma still in the drop tables? Nice to see DE fix tech issues but plz balance the f'ing game at some point. A ton of QOL stuff needs to be implemented too.

Got another lotus kubrow. Wonder what size/kind this one'll be.

Amon37

Ugh. Why the fuck are forma still in the drop tables? Nice to see DE fix tech issues but plz balance the f'ing game at some point. A ton of QOL stuff needs to be implemented too.

What! I love forma bp's in my t4 missions!

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow a rare part from t3 surv rot c. After ~135-150 drop chances something beside a bo/carrier/dual kama/ BP. Too bad I already have ash p.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
It's a huge lighting upgrade.

Ill list a few graphical upgrades and performance optimizations:

-game will use AMD mesh optimizer help to reduce the amount of polys drawn on-screen
-Tilesets are getting relit
-More assets getting PBR pass
-Skin wrinkle upgrades for operators, more natural and realistic facial expressions (probably will roll out to other characters in the future)
-better lighting for particle effects
-paricle effects like smoke will react to things in environments like running through smoke will cause it to disperse in your wake

If you go down his Twitter history you can see. Most of this stuff demoed. Some of it is in devstream as well.

Would be cool if they get the ps4 version running at 60fps even during 4 players coop.

I don't want to jump into the pc version, too many hours grinding in the ps4 only for all that to go to waste :(

If they get the ps4 running smoothly during coop, then there's no reason for me to play the pc version.

Dude, I hope you can lend me the imprints before you sell it

Amon37

Leveling up Saryn prime made me realize, she is horrible now. Sure in the devstream when it was just Saryn against a group it looked good. In reality by the time I get a molt and get some spores on and get ready to miasma, my team has already killed everyone in the room.

She was great as just a nuker.

VariantX

Leveling up Saryn prime made me realize, she is horrible now. Sure in the devstream when it was just Saryn against a group it looked good. In reality by the time I get a molt and get some spores on and get ready to miasma, my team has already killed everyone in the room.

Yep need too much prep time and energy for saryn to work well, it doesn't even work all that well solo since your molt clone dies before pulling enough targets in range for her #4. Same with Mesa instead of making #4 more fun and mobile ,they just reduced its range and called it a day. They get as much use as hydroid does pre pilfering swarm. They probably saw a spike sayrn usage due to people getting sayrn P and ranking her to max and drpping her again. Those frames are effectively dead as far as the meta is concerned and even more dead purely based on how fun they are to use.

the community overall seems to be hating bursas too. DE put these things in the game without adjusting their stats and scaling. They appear on Venus in defense type missions on wave 15 and most can't kill them because they are far tankier than Jackal is.

VariantX

Are those the old riot moas? The ones that are invincible from the front and spam knockdown?

Yeah. They seem to have come with a few new problems on top of the old ones:

-They have pretty damn high armor 2,500 ferrite armor/2,400 shield,which basically means you aint doing shit to that enemy until the game or someone you know gives you some elemental mods and a real serration otherwise, you'll likely run out of bullets before it goes down if you're brand new to the game.

-They appear as early as Venus, in wave 15, which means content previously doable by fresh players may not be doable now because of the obvious lack of resources for players to have at that point in the game.

-The game can spawn Bursas endlessly (juggernauts and manics do not). The wiki states that every 45-90 seconds when alarms are tripped a bursa will randomly spawn. This can simply be fixed by subtracting from the total enemy count rather than adding to it. Simply hacking the alarms should stop it though.

-This leads to what people call "endless exterminates" Because the game doesn't add 1 to the counter when moa's spawn from the containers, but adds to the total enemy count when bursas do. If no one on your team can kill a bursa within the time then another one will spawn and now you'll have two to deal with and so on. Each additional bursa will be at a higher rank than the previous. If you couldn't kill the first one, theres no way in hell you can kill the next one that is higher ranked than that one.

-The stipulation for nightmare missions and sorties is that all enemies are alerted at ALL times so roughly every minute you spend in the mission, a new bursa will spawn and add to the counter. This means you can end up with tons of bursas in a mission with no way to stop the new ones from coming in, all of which will endlessly spam CC and make it impossible for anyone to stand up who dosen't have abilities built in that mitigate knock down CC. All while adding to the enemy counter if its a exterminate.

-I'm reading sporadic reports across the warframe reddit and the official forums that Bursa CC actually ignores things like atlas' passive, iron skin, hysteria and breaks the rules of the game kind of like nullifiers bubbles. I dont know if its a bug, or someone not paying attention to whether these things are in effect or not, so I'm just going to say the jury is out on that until I get more info.

-Bursas were intended by the the guy who designed them in the contest to turn and move slowly, giving players an option to run around them or jump behind them to hit them. He didn't call for extra varieties, did not intend to give them nullifier bombs etc. Or to endlessly spam Shockwaves. He actually felt compelled enough to go and post on the forums saying this and call them out on it.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/6...etter-of-concern-by-volkovyi/#comment-6909413

DE gave no fucks about how the design considerations the player had beyond that it was a cool design and made them quick as hell and have them turn on a dime so it becomes incredibly difficult to do so especially in a solo situation with no other players to attract its attention. So the only viable method of defeating them is slam attacks or with CC effects that slow them down enough to allow players to flank them.

-

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wow wtf DE? They really sold out eh? Ever since chinaframe they seem to be competing with bungle for fuck over/milk your fan base award. Though with all the trade sharks and founders constantly sucking them off in their forums maybe nothing penetrates the bubble.

I already avoided corpus due to their bs units. Now they make it even worse lol

VariantX

Wow wtf DE? They really sold out eh? Ever since chinaframe they seem to be competing with bungle for fuck over/milk your fan base award. Though with all the trade sharks and founders constantly sucking them off in their forums maybe nothing penetrates the bubble.

I already avoided corpus due to their bs units. Now they make it even worse lol

I think alot of this comes from the fact the more senior folks in the dev team are not playing the game like we play the game. They're mostly playing the game in the dev enviroment and stuff thats super obvious to us as some of us have clocked over 1000-2000+ hours or more in the game ecosystem can tell you whats wrong with that change or addition just by looking at it. They have probably countless pages of raw data from hundreds of millions of hours of gameplay which they look at and make decisions, but that data lacks far too much context. The best that data can tell you, no matter how much it is, is that something is happening in game, but it rarely can tell you WHY its happening. Which is why we have nullifiers in the game they wanted to cut down on power spam. But instead of just neutralizing the effect of powers, it removed a huge chunk of weapon choice, the amount of available tactics for players to use (even if they were not using powers very little or at all were reduced, warframes that rely on self and team buffs were made much less attractive optoins) and made rapid fire weapons even more powerful and important than before. I think its telling that even over a year later since their debut, you still have people today regularly making threads about the problems with nullifiers.

I think it raised alot of eyebrows that [DE]Scott said he went "undercover boss" and made a character to play through the game so he could see things from the players perspective, and now we've gotten a long overdue mag rework on the way. The same mag that is literally useless against grineer and infested and only partially useful against corrpted and overpowered against the corpus.

Amon37

Juggernauts don't spawn infinitely but they spawn leapers and chargers that also add to the exterminate count.

If it's the same bursa's from the event awhile back you have to have straight electric damage to stun the bursa then hack it, then kill it. More than one bursa though, ya your screwed.

I can't believe they devs never had regular accounts. That just seems bush league.

Wowbagger

Sounds like you're both kinda stuck in the mindset of using Saryn as a nuker, when what she is now is a "cut enemies health in half" support frame. If your team kills everything before you can use Miasma, that's great -- your health debuff probably contributed to that! Just keep spreading those spores and use Regenerative Molt to heal yourself. Not to say the rework is perfect. Tried to come up with a solid all-round build before the prime version came out and Toxic Lash still seems weak to me -- especially since I can't find room for its augment mod anymore.

Those frames are effectively dead as far as the meta is concerned and even more dead purely based on how fun they are to use.

Dude, Mesa's 2 and 3 are excellent! Her third ability surely makes her one of the tankiest frames in the game; she has no trouble doing sorties or long running T4 survivals solo and can revive teammates while under a hail of fire from high level enemies. She also has great CC with the combination of her second ability and the stun of the third ability's augment mod. And she can pass around a very nice weapon damage bonus (got mine at +50%). Combined with some situational use of her fourth -- which still seems good when you need to clear a group of enemies approaching from one direction, I've found her to be one of the most fun frames to use lately.

Not saying her fourth couldn't use some further tweaking, though. FOV of just 15 does seem a bit harsh.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I agree the devs don't have context we do. That's not unique to DE. What is is the total shutdown of any contrary opinion by both them and the "fans" (seriously just suggest the trade system could use work and you'll get shouted off the forums) and the constant say we're doing X to improve things then doing the opposite or making things worse. It's good to have perspective and I'm not suggesting we have better answers necessarily but at least listen to ideas. An echo chamber helps no one.

I actually love using Saryn spore build, making 20 enemies corrosive dots is amazing and more if you are toxic in the equation, free damage for everyone on defense gametypes

HORRORSHØW

Redownloaded the game and wow, everything looks and plays much better. But I am so lost. If there is still a gaf clan, please invite.

frizby

Grimløck;197294590 said:
Redownloaded the game and wow, everything looks and plays much better. But I am so lost. If there is still a gaf clan, please invite.

Old school clan member. Will invite now. Welcome back.

Grimløck;197294590 said:
Its the very epitome of a game that has so evolved that its initial reviews are meaningless.

DE's been keeping busy.

frizby

I actually love using Saryn spore build, making 20 enemies corrosive dots is amazing and more if you are toxic in the equation, free damage for everyone on defense gametypes

I'm a fan too, but only for survival, because it's the only mode where you get enough enemies to keep the spores going consistently. I cruised through a 60 min T3 with some randoms a bit ago. Had the most damage and kills by a huge margin.

I miss the nuke build, but this is probably more fitting for her poison theme.

HORRORSHØW

what're some of the better frames/weapons now?

how do i get new non-prime weapons? do i buy from dojo then build? ducats? what's that? i have an extra, locked aura slot. how do i unlock it?

Grimløck;197375189 said:

how do i get new non-prime weapons? do i buy from dojo then build? ducats? what's that? i have an extra, locked aura slot. how do i unlock it?

Check the warframe wiki for all that stuff.... search for baro trader, exilius slot

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Tonkor and synoid simular (suda weapon) seem pretty popular. Rakta cernos, most syndicate weapons. Ducats are gotten by trading in extra prime parts at the terminal in the relays then waiting for baro to show up. He sells unique cosmetics and weapons, primed mods etc.

VariantX

Grimløck;197375189 said:

That's the exilus slot. You unlock it with an exilus adapter, you can get a free one for doing the Natah questline. You get another free one for doing Darvo's quest. You can buy more blueprints with simaris rep.

Amon37

So much new crap on 18.5 for PC

A new landing craft that doesn't require so much bullshit, lmao
The new frame seems interesting and a nitian seems to drop from the new sabatoge missions.

Highlights

New Inaros warframe!
New Mutalist themed weapons: Lesion, Mutalist Cernos, Dual Toxocyst!
New Enemies! Feral Kavat, Hyekka, Hyekka Master
New Xiphos landing craft!
Sabotage has been revamped to Reactor Sabotage 2.0

Orokin Moon has been expanded!

Significant lighting changes!

More aggressive and clever AI in Interception!

Void missions like exterminate start with enemies unalerted! (unknown if capturing target in capture still has enemies spawning alerted?) Enemies who become alerted will result in all or most enemies to become alerted for a short time (since there is no way to turn off alarms i suppose?)

Lots of conclave mods, skins, and improvements!

Grakata, Prisma Grakata, and Embolist no longer use the Ignis reload animation!

Boss type enemies are now essentially completely immune from crowd control from warframe abilities, so enemies like the The Grustrag Three should no longer be slaves to power spamming!

Stalker now has a 50% chance to drop a blueprint

Abilities that drain energy over time will now be affected by energy drain eximus (they will drain your energy no matter what now :/)

Grineer Flameblades have two fire axes that can deal more damage and set players on fire, and Powerfists have the ability to slam the ground and deal Magnetic damage as well as their attacks from before, and i assume this means they are extremely deadly at higher levels!

VariantX

I'm now wondering if the particles have been toned down or even eliminated from the PS4 version. I was just watching this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-VXODm5_kY and it looks almost bland compared to the way it looks here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hpEE2J2KaM

That was when DE had a 30 fps target for consoles and when warframe was using Nvidia physx as its main particle system. They dropped that a created a particle system later that is less taxing and looks good on ALL hardware

jfull7602

Neo Member
So much new crap on 18.5 for PC

A new landing craft that doesn't require so much bullshit, lmao
The new frame seems interesting and a nitian seems to drop from the new sabatoge missions.

Highlights

New Inaros warframe!
New Mutalist themed weapons: Lesion, Mutalist Cernos, Dual Toxocyst!
New Enemies! Feral Kavat, Hyekka, Hyekka Master
New Xiphos landing craft!
Sabotage has been revamped to Reactor Sabotage 2.0

Orokin Moon has been expanded!

Significant lighting changes!

More aggressive and clever AI in Interception!

Void missions like exterminate start with enemies unalerted! (unknown if capturing target in capture still has enemies spawning alerted?) Enemies who become alerted will result in all or most enemies to become alerted for a short time (since there is no way to turn off alarms i suppose?)

Lots of conclave mods, skins, and improvements!

Grakata, Prisma Grakata, and Embolist no longer use the Ignis reload animation!

Boss type enemies are now essentially completely immune from crowd control from warframe abilities, so enemies like the The Grustrag Three should no longer be slaves to power spamming!

Stalker now has a 50% chance to drop a blueprint

Abilities that drain energy over time will now be affected by energy drain eximus (they will drain your energy no matter what now :/)

Grineer Flameblades have two fire axes that can deal more damage and set players on fire, and Powerfists have the ability to slam the ground and deal Magnetic damage as well as their attacks from before, and i assume this means they are extremely deadly at higher levels!

I can't wait until they release this for PS4! Lots of new stuff! Also, I think Im going to like this new frame alot more than the last few ones that have come out...

I can't wait until they release this for PS4! Lots of new stuff! Also, I think Im going to like this new frame alot more than the last few ones that have come out...

I've honestly been kinda underwhelmed by Inaros. So much of his kit relies on the setup, and when he can't execute moves past the setup (i.e., melee takedowns on enemies hit with his 1, devouring enemies with his 2, letting enemies slowly die with his ult), he completely falls apart.

He needs some serious QOL before he'll be viable for high tiers of play, IMO.

Amon37

Tactical Alert and
Double Resources Incoming!

ATTENTION TENNO! The One Thousand Cuts Bonus Weekend is on now!
Double Resources and a melee-based Tactical Alert are coming your way
from now until Monday, March 14 at 3 p.m. ET.

Top Bottom