• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Mrcapcom

So hopped on last night getting the hang of everything again. Oh have I missed this game. I remembered how to use the forge went in there and had tons of stuff just waiting to be picked up lol

I was wondering a couple things. Who's the new OP frame now? I remember before it was like Nova/Rhino. I pretty much have everyone I believe at lvl 30 all the way up to Hydroid and I the Wind frame. Not sure who's the best now. It also looks like 7 Frames were added since the last time I played. Whats good weapons also? I have about 300 plat I was going to spend but not sure what would be the best place to spend it.

Also my friend just started playing and he says he needs to get to master lvl 5 how can he do that? Back in the day ( :( ) I remembered you just had to take a test and pass now he's saying he needs infinity or something?

I also can't remember what's the best way to get frames or the new frames and the best modes to play. I remember doing defense (?) and it would be waves of enemies and I would get a key to go somewhere golden for something else can't remember.

bLaiSe

This is so stupid. What's the point of the market discount then! You can't even buy the items in Hunhow's Gift unbundled!

Anyone buy it at full price?

If you're in the EU there's a huge discount on the 3K plat pack right now. It's £30 if you have PS+.

frizby

So hopped on last night getting the hang of everything again. Oh have I missed this game. I remembered how to use the forge went in there and had tons of stuff just waiting to be picked up lol

I was wondering a couple things. Who's the new OP frame now? I remember before it was like Nova/Rhino. I pretty much have everyone I believe at lvl 30 all the way up to Hydroid and I the Wind frame. Not sure who's the best now. It also looks like 7 Frames were added since the last time I played. Whats good weapons also? I have about 300 plat I was going to spend but not sure what would be the best place to spend it.

Spend your plat on slots and only on slots. Check and see if you still have any full Frost, Ember or Rhino Prime sets for instant plat since they are all out of the game.

Frames are situational, as they always were, and I can't think of any newer frames that overtook the older ones other than maybe Mirage, who is probably the best CC frame in the game now.

Also my friend just started playing and he says he needs to get to master lvl 5 how can he do that? Back in the day ( :( ) I remembered you just had to take a test and pass now he's saying he needs infinity or something?

Affinity...XP. You earn the mastery tests by leveling stuff up.

I also can't remember what's the best way to get frames or the new frames and the best modes to play. I remember doing defense (?) and it would be waves of enemies and I would get a key to go somewhere golden for something else can't remember.

You have a ton of ground to cover, and the newer frames vary widely in how you get them. I'd suggest starting with the quests in the codex since several of them come from there. Wiki for details.

Mrcapcom

hehe hey Frizby!

Ok so ill see if I need more slots. I have tons of Quests so I guess ill just focus on those first. I also noticed one mission I was doing for the archwing had me getting energy for these drills. It seemed like they were endless. I could run to the end but I would still end up getting blueprints so I'm like do I stay longer or what?

My friend is still new so I can see how he doesn't have alot of stuff leveled up. He's running Volt and I think thats the only Frame he has. He was like my Affinity is 3 whats yours let me check hes like wow its 11 I was like umm yeah I don't even remember how I got it. The more and more I play the more comes back to me how to do things.

I have a bunch of stuff in my foundry I must have been super busy or hording stuff I gotta sit down and just look through it all.

Whats the best weapons? I remember Bolt Caster Prime or something, Synapse and Phage. Are they still good or suck now? Have they balanced out everythign pretty good? When I first loaded up I had a Gold/White shotgun Something Prime, Kunai and a Dragon Sword..

frizby

Whats the best weapons? I remember Bolt Caster Prime or something, Synapse and Phage. Are they still good or suck now? Have they balanced out everythign pretty good? When I first loaded up I had a Gold/White shotgun Something Prime, Kunai and a Dragon Sword..

Check out the syndicates, do some research and pick a few to level up. They have the best guns. For most people, I suggest leveling Cephalon Suda and Steel Meridian (and Red Veil and Arbiters of Hexis indirectly).

I think I sent you a clan invite the last time you picked the game back up, but it sat for a month or so, and I deleted it. Lemme know if you want another...and your friend as well.

Mrcapcom

Check out the syndicates, do some research and pick a few to level up. They have the best guns. For most people, I suggest leveling Cephalon Suda and Steel Meridian (and Red Veil and Arbiters of Hexis indirectly).

I think I sent you a clan invite the last time you picked the game back up, but it sat for a month or so, and I deleted it. Lemme know if you want another...and your friend as well.

Yea I got it and accepted not sure if im still in. Send again if you don't see me. The Syndicates? Whats that?

-Digits-

Yea I got it and accepted not sure if im still in. Send again if you don't see me. The Syndicates? Whats that?

They're factions you can gain reputation with to get rewards like ability mods and weapons. You can access the panel on your ship, it's to the left of the navigation panel.
Gaining standing with one faction can make you hated by another though, so I suggest doing some research on them and pick accordingly.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Sooner the better. Ds3 is out on the 12th and I'm almost done salt and sanctuary. Don't wanna spoil anymore of Ds3 but I'll cave if I can't distract myself enough.

Pilgor

If you're in the EU there's a huge discount on the 3K plat pack right now. It's £30 if you have PS+.

I have the plat, I've just never spent that much on cosmetics before.

I ended up buying Hunhow's Gift, the Palatine skin, and the Ice color pack. Woo.

Anyone want to do LOR tonight? I've never done it and I have a key crafted. Will be on around 6pm CST.

Amon37

I never use Oberon but his premium skin is badass.

Oberon_Deluxe_1920x1080.jpg

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy cores...again. Sorties suck :/

Anyone have a nezha systems for trade/sale? Got an extra helm or other things I can part with.

Also looking for overextended, defiled snapdragon and maybe a few vaulted weapon parts depending on price.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
18.5 has taken its sweet time no? Almost two weeks since they sent the build for cert.

Amon37

I couldn't beat it without blink lol.

Also unless the patched it, you can find tellurium on any of the ground missions that have archwing submersible. No need to farm archwing missions for it.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Why wouldn't it be free the avatars are free too. Hope chat was wrong and this new event starts on thursday when update drops, not the 14th. Kinda busy after mon with ds3 and finals. Would hate to miss out on stuff cuz DE took 3 months to get this out.

HORRORSHØW

If it starts on the 14th, I think I may hold off on starting DS3 until I do the event. Blasphemous, but I need those mods.

Also, that Strega skin is dope. Will incubate for dog armor, too.

sadblob

Going to come back to the game cause a friend convinced me. I want to start playing with a new Warframe, I've only played with Volt. Which one is recommended with a fun playstile and that's not difficult to farm?

Mrcapcom

Yup. Frost, Rhino, and Ember are currently in the vault.

Cool I have all of them lol The WarFrame Wiki is slightly hard to read I'm looking for where I can get Trinity Prime and Loki Prime from it kinda shows up broken on my phone. What other Frames are really good?

frizby

Clan Update: All new research is funded. If you can afford a Zanuka Beacon, please pick one or two up, and be sure to bring four clan members for four pigments (should be 8 with a resource booster). We need a total of 33 more pigments.

The update is pretty good overall. I thought the quest for Inaros was great, and additions to the moon tileset are welcome. But the new chat system is terrible. Just really really awful with lots of added, unneccesary and counterintuitive button presses to do anything.

HORRORSHØW

will save ducats for the beacon. hopefully i remember to buy before baro splits.

the price of bloodrush plummeted overnight. kind of amusing. the moon spy missions are awesome insofar that they have multiple ways to solve them.

Amon37

How deep is the rabbit hole? A weapon that has a component of another weapon which has 2 different weapons as its components.

Top Bottom