• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

darkwing

Not familiar with how that system works. I know the void trader guy is coming tomorrow though. For how long though? and can you still trade stuff for ducats while he's there?

sell prime blueprints for ducats, then buy from the void trader for cool stuff

Pilgor

Well, Akstiletto is in the oven!

No luck with Vauban though, still need the Chassis and System. I'll be on tonight to keyshare if anyone wants to join.

frizby

Yeah, seriously... 40 T1 Ext and 20 T3 Sab and nothing to show for it.

I'd estimate 60ish T3 Sabs before the BP dropped...conservatively. And probably 30ish T2 Sabs before the helmet. And that's with two drops per run.

I'll be on sporadically this weekend farming systems and chassis, but somehow defenses and survivals are less annoying to me because the void keys aren't a problem and pugs are always looking for solid players.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I got vauban BP 1st try. 40+ tries for fragor bp and 20+ t4 sabs so far 1 akstiletto parts and 4 fragor heads. Got aks BP and fragor handle 1st try. Almost 30 t2 sabs for helm. Haven't tried for other parts yet. Dreading t3 surv.

Vauban chassis will haunt me to the death

tumblr_m4qbm0X7LX1qgrw1k.gif

Wowbagger

Feel a bit better about not getting anything from all the T3 Sab keys I've run now that I've learned the other two parts I thought dropped there actually drop in T4! Maybe I can at least get my hands on the Fragor. The BP is apparently the hard part and I already got that.

Fuck T3 Sab, though. I'll just buy that Vauban part in a month or two. No way I'm running 60+ keys... holy crap, Frizby. :eek:

jfull7602

Neo Member
Ugh...not sure if I even want to do that grind for Vauban Prime now with what Im seeing from others, and what's up with the resources necessary to build him?! They've lost their damn mind. I WAS excited for this one until I started reading more on it.

Pilgor

Ugh...not sure if I even want to do that grind for Vauban Prime now with what Im seeing from others, and what's up with the resources necessary to build him?! They've lost their damn mind. I WAS excited for this one until I started reading more on it.

The resource grind isn't as bad as I expected. You can get almost 1000 oxium per run on Cerberus.

frizby

so any news on the next Prime frame?

I can't imagine it not being Nekros. It should be a male, and he's next in order. If it weren't Nekros, I guess Oberon or Hydroid, but neither of them seems popular enough to go out of order like Nova did. After that it's two females, and the order should be Banshee then Valkyr.

When they were picking from the pool of original frames, there was always some mystery and excitement about who they'd pick, but that time has passed, and we have a defined order of release to use as a guide.

frizby

I've managed to get everything in the new prime set, and in terms of raw hours to get everything, if it was worse than prior prime sets, it wasn't much worse. For whatever reason, I had the resources already and didn't even make a mental note of what they were. Do you mean the nitain?

Oxium is way easier to obtain. For us old people the struggle of obtaining zephyr was real.

Stefano, 30 oxium , never forget

The real grind is his chassis so far, I think all his pieces have 5% drop rate, second hardest warframe for me after Ember.

Nitain is the hardest material to craft so far for vauban

Pilgor

Oxium is way easier to obtain. For us old people the struggle of obtaining zephyr was real.

I remember how bad it was, that's why I'm surprised how easy it is now!

The time gate for me is Nitain. I have all the parts built, just need 4 more. My Vita doesn't get a strong signal at work, so no Remote Play :(

VariantX

After months of pointless attempts to farm high noon from the infestation, finally got it from cheesing my way through the orokin moon spy missions I've ignored for so long.

Wowbagger

What the hell has happened to enemy spawns in void defense missions. Enemies used to attack in groups from all over the place, but now I swear all but a handful in each wave always come from the direction where the players spawned in. I suppose I shouldn't complain, since it does make the missions easier to solo.

Amon37

What the hell has happened to enemy spawns in void defense missions. Enemies used to attack in groups from all over the place, but now I swear all but a handful in each wave always come from the direction where the players spawned in. I suppose I shouldn't complain, since it does make the missions easier to solo.

Ya I found in my many T4 so far 99% spawn through the front now.

jfull7602

Neo Member
I've managed to get everything in the new prime set, and in terms of raw hours to get everything, if it was worse than prior prime sets, it wasn't much worse. For whatever reason, I had the resources already and didn't even make a mental note of what they were. Do you mean the nitain?

Yeah, Im not too worried about the oxium at all; thats not too hard to get. It really is that damn nitain...Ive used alot of it recently building other frame and weapons that I had pending forever, so now its time to replenish my stock. I think Im down to less than 10 left at the moment. And I know I have everything else already.

VariantX

Yeah, they don't come down from those stairs at all anymore it looks like. They probably screwed with their spawning tech in unnecessary ways. It's far easier to play void defense to the point you can bring a bow because of how predictable their formations are.

Wowbagger

Proxy Retribution is back for those who didn't get the wraith twin vipers last time or are newer.

And, oh boy, is it incredibly frustrating this time around! I remember it being a pretty fun event, but either the hyenas didn't proc radiation back then or it's just that everyone's fallen in love with the Synoid Simulor, Sonicor or stupidly OP Tonkor in the meantime. Or maybe I didn't play with randoms first time around. In any case, players don't pay attention to their HUD worth shit, spamming AOE attacks everywhere without a care in the world.

Failed the defense mission yesterday twice. First time, pod somehow got blown up in the first round before I had even loaded properly into the mission. Of course, I bailed on that group only to have it almost happen again first round with the next set of players. Should have just left then and there. Instead, I stayed, only to have the damn pod and the entire team get wiped in the final round with just a few enemies left.

And then the same crap happened doing the hijack mission today. Pod was so close to the extraction zone that the ending cinematic played out after it and most of the team got wiped out. Afterwards, game just said "DEAD" next to the pod's health bar and refused to end the mission. No choice but to abort. :(

Amon37

Ok so it wasn't just me who was like "wtf!!" At the mission.

All the same things you said happened to me except I haven't tried the hijack mission yet.

Also I must be the only one who sucks with a tonkor. I cannot for the life of me aim right with it.

Wow, a lot of nerfs on various warframes. Mag super nerfed against corpus, bless trinity is dead, valkyr, mirage and excaliber also nerfed to various degrees. Nerframe strikes again. Probably nerf EV trinity next. I'm now waiting for my tonkor to be nerfed again, or maybe damage 3.0 will just nerf everything across the board?

Amon37

Mag is getting a complete rework. Excalibur had a complete rework, I don't see how valkyr or mirage were nerfed? Bless Trinity is alive just not 100% invincibility all the time. Mesa is the only frame I recall that got nerfed into the ground. They 180 peacemaker from OP to shit. The could have found a middle ground.

VariantX

Just reading mag's changes, they don't make sense to me from what's on paper. Polarize does fixed shield damage rather than scaling like before so the power actually got better over time. and it acts like molecular prime, that power is essentially trash now without having to group up enemies with magnetize first just to make sure their shields pop close enough to actually hurt each other. It strips armor from armored targets, but it really takes several casts to get the armor down to zero from watching a few streamers test things. Pull has a chance to spawn energy orbs on kill, except pull is a hard CC power, it's terrible for killing things. It's a benefit only at low levels. pull gets a boost with the target already being produced with magnetic damage, ok. Crush also gets bonus damage for mag proc, but it's still crush. Here's what I don't understand, they want her to clearly be synergistic like saryn's rework, but saryn is a close combat and melee oriented frame who can take a few hits, mag cannot. So where is the energy pool increase to support this cast heavy playstyle?

Mag is getting a complete rework. Excalibur had a complete rework, I don't see how valkyr or mirage were nerfed? Bless Trinity is alive just not 100% invincibility all the time. Mesa is the only frame I recall that got nerfed into the ground. They 180 peacemaker from OP to shit. The could have found a middle ground.

Oh I was talking about the changes on PC. I like to get a preview of what we're going to get on PS4. Blessing now has a 50 metre radius, prism now needs line of sight to blind, exhalted blade now has damage falloff and a smaller range, hysteria now has an increasing energy cost and stores more damage the longer it's on so if it's dispelled you now die if enemies are in range. I find it happening more often ever since they made energy draining eximus go through channelled abilities.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry. Enemy re balancing is totes coming to compansate. Along with star chart 3.0, umbra, damage 3.0, reduced rng/grind, sortie tokens and all the other fixes they've been promising for 2-3 years now.

Plz DE stop pedaling bs.

They really want to kill solo play it seems :/

Amon37

Oh I was talking about the changes on PC. I like to get a preview of what we're going to get on PS4. Blessing now has a 50 metre radius, prism now needs line of sight to blind, exhalted blade now has damage falloff and a smaller range, hysteria now has an increasing energy cost and stores more damage the longer it's on so if it's dispelled you now die if enemies are in range. I find it happening more often ever since they made energy draining eximus go through channelled abilities.

I'm not really surprised by any of those.

Blessing was still the only map wide ultimate.

Since they changed radial blind to line of sight a while back prism was inevitable.

Exalted blade was OP as hell and everyone knew it, they just wanted people to get back into Excalibur and buy his costumes.

With Valkyr they never really had a negative to basically being invincible.

I'm not saying I agree with all of them and sometimes I think DE is like "You know our players are having too much fun with the game, we need to do something about this!" Lol

Since they changed radial blind to line of sight a while back prism was inevitable.

Exalted blade was OP as hell and everyone knew it, they just wanted people to get back into Excalibur and buy his costumes.

I'm not saying I agree with all of them and sometimes I think DE is like "You know our players are having too much fun with the game, we need to do something about this!" Lol

Oh I can understand the reasons for the nerfs, I just think flattening the good frames instead of buffing the lame frames is a bummer. I won't be surprised if they change radial disarm to a % chance to disarm for x seconds.

Wowbagger

Not sure what to make of the Mag rework (she clearly needed one, though) and Volt dropping speed orbs sounds awful. The other changes are great and much needed. I seriously hope more nerfs are coming! I shouldn't be able to trivialize MD and interception missions against Grineer or Infested with Banshee's ultimate, for starters.

Love how the damage buff from Mesa's Shooting Gallery will now always affect the caster, making it reliable outside of solo play.

Amon37

No more endless T4 Defenses, that chassis was horrible to get.

Also I feel like Thor with the Fragor Prime lol

P.S. Loki's Passive WTF? Lol

P.P.S. Did the interception/shared affinity change nerf Draco or am I not understanding it.

frizby

I actually do agree with all of them, especially blessing. A blessing build Trinity makes most game content trivial, including the raids. It will be interesting to see how raid strategy changes with that nerf.

And Valkyrs are just annoying. ;)

frizby

Can someone invite me to the Gaf Clan? My nickname is the same, MaKTaiL. Thanks :)

Lost you already! It's kind of a quiet time in game for a lot of us who already got the new primes. I basically run my daily sorties trying to get that damn Snipetron barrel along with a raid or three...rinse and repeat.

Hopefully folks got the syandana from the void trader. it's pretty slick.

Amon37

I don't do any raids, I looked at the arcanes in the wiki, are there really any that are in a must have category worth spending plat on? And how much do a set of 10 go for?

frizby

I don't do any raids, I looked at the arcanes in the wiki, are there really any that are in a must have category worth spending plat on? And how much do a set of 10 go for?

There are a few that are useful across the board like Grace and Guardian and a few that are immensely useful on specific frames like Trickery on Ash. A few others are popular and expensive like Avenger. Prices vary widely. Graces run 100 to 150 each, so not cheap. Guardian should be about half that and Trickery is fairly cheap...probably in the 20 to 25 range.

I'd suggest learning to run LOR. It's super easy. Key frames are:

- Blind Mirage - max range and duration and enough efficiency to spam prism (probably the easiest to play when learning)
- Energy Vamp (EV) Trinity - max strength and range. Min duration. Job is to provide energy to bomb carrier.
- Bless Trinity - max duration, quick thinking, weapon you can use to damage yourself. 2 health = 99% blessing = team invulnerability for 30ish seconds
- Bomb carrier with high energy capacity and prime flow. Several options. You see a lot of Lokis, but I prefer Nova. A Huras helps. You have to know mechanics.

I'd be willing to lead a clan LOR sometime.

frizby

isn't that setup going to change? with the 18.13 changes

Marginally.

Bless might go away depending on how harsh the nerf works out to be. You may see her replaced by Frost if ppl are smart.

Line of site shouldn't affect Prism all that much in the raid imo.

Top Bottom