• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

There are a few that are useful across the board like Grace and Guardian and a few that are immensely useful on specific frames like Trickery on Ash. A few others are popular and expensive like Avenger. Prices vary widely. Graces run 100 to 150 each, so not cheap. Guardian should be about half that and Trickery is fairly cheap...probably in the 20 to 25 range.

I'd suggest learning to run LOR. It's super easy. Key frames are:

- Blind Mirage - max range and duration and enough efficiency to spam prism (probably the easiest to play when learning)
- Energy Vamp (EV) Trinity - max strength and range. Min duration. Job is to provide energy to bomb carrier.
- Bless Trinity - max duration, quick thinking, weapon you can use to damage yourself. 2 health = 99% blessing = team invulnerability for 30ish seconds
- Bomb carrier with high energy capacity and prime flow. Several options. You see a lot of Lokis, but I prefer Nova. A Huras helps. You have to know mechanics.

I'd be willing to lead a clan LOR sometime.

Thanks I'll give it try and maybe watch a walkthrough on YouTube.

Update 18.13 coming June 10th (tomorrow) for PS4 and XB1.

Weird they usually release in Tuesday, I can't play until Saturday night so I'll read the reactions and look over the patch notes again.

Cracklox

Oh no's! Booted from the clan!

What's the deal at the moment? Is it full or can space be made? I wanna get back to playing some, but not sure if i'll go as all out as my 1st stint with the game. I don't really wanna commit if space is tight either....

Also whats this I hear about my main man Vaubs getting the Prime treatment + a rework. And whats this? An update today as well......

VariantX

Oh no's! Booted from the clan!

What's the deal at the moment? Is it full or can space be made? I wanna get back to playing some, but not sure if i'll go as all out as my 1st stint with the game. I don't really wanna commit if space is tight either....

Also whats this I hear about my main man Vaubs getting the Prime treatment + a rework. And whats this? An update today as well......

That's just for inactivity, so when others that want to join can because we have room. You're welcome to come back anytime. I can't even remember anyone actually getting removed while I've been playing myself for other reasons.

Cracklox

^ Ha, yeah that's what I figured. I'd been doing the occasional login to reset the inactive days counter to try to prevent it as I always planned on returning, but guess I left the last one a bit long.

I'll take a (re) invite, but only if there's plenty of room. As mentioned I'll be about but prob not super active, at least for the next month or 2

frizby

That's just for inactivity, so when others that want to join can because we have room. You're welcome to come back anytime. I can't even remember anyone actually getting removed while I've been playing myself for other reasons.

I've been kicking people at 60+ days offline and have been inviting a few randoms who ask for a clan in recruiting.

I'm trying to either reach a more active player base at our current size or potentially shrink the clan somewhere down the road.

Right, I just started the update before I left the house and it was still preparing to download.

Wow that banshee skin is awesome. These premium skins have been knocking it out of the park.

That Banshee skin, she got fat in several areas, she is bigger than trinity now hahaha

frizby

The event is kind of interesting, but also pretty easy with certain frames (Ash, Chroma, Valkyr, Zephyr/Tonkor). In theory those guys drop stance mods, but I haven't seen anything yet, and I've killed a ton of them.

As for Kayla, I suggest not running her with randoms, because the level has some mechanics. Run it solo with Nova.

VariantX

My god, why did no one say Kela had a stupid amount of armor and health, it took almost 45 minutes to kill her. Wasn't as if I was doing no damage to her, was taking off a few thousand health with each shot of the sancti tigris and around 5,000 with each hit of atlas #1 after reaching the 4x damage Mark.

Wowbagger

In theory those guys drop stance mods, but I haven't seen anything yet, and I've killed a ton of them.

I believe the stances are end of mission awards. I got Four Riders from the tier 1 arena, then nothing from my other 30 or so runs. Drop chances seem abysmal.

My god, why did no one say Kela had a stupid amount of armor and health, it took almost 45 minutes to kill her. Wasn't as if I was doing no damage to her, was taking off a few thousand health with each shot of the sancti tigris and around 5,000 with each hit of atlas #1 after reaching the 4x damage Mark.

I prime her with Nova, then my Soma with corrosive + heat takes her out so fast she usually doesn't have time to do anything after landing on the central platform. Sometimes I end the second phase so fast that she glitches and starts firing rockets after jumping back into the control room. Seems there is no option but to abort when that happens as stepping on the central platform becomes suicidal.

VariantX

Rathuum is broken. Ash/Mirage with simulor/and EV trinity to supply them with energy. They can get 25 kills within 30 secs. The only broken thing the enemy has on their end are the death carabuses, that kill before you even hear the "no shields" alarm go off

Decided to get back into this game after seeing Angry Joe's new video on it. I loved it when it first came out for its movement/art style but I found it all a bit overwhelming.

After returning, i'm still overwhelmed lol. I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should be doing half the time.

Can anyone point me to some good tutorials or give me some pointers? I want to try and avoid spending any money on this for now.

frizby

Decided to get back into this game after seeing Angry Joe's new video on it. I loved it when it first came out for its movement/art style but I found it all a bit overwhelming.

After returning, i'm still overwhelmed lol. I have no idea what I'm doing or what I should be doing half the time.

Can anyone point me to some good tutorials or give me some pointers? I want to try and avoid spending any money on this for now.

The wiki is still your best bet, especially since so many of the old videos have become outdated with various updates to the game. As for spending money, I can't emphasize enough that you should spend your starter platinum only on warframe slots. Everything else, you can earn or build. Also be sure to get the free platinum with PS Plus. Finally, I sell plat at a steep discount if you want to send me a PM.

And let us know if you want a clan invite or a guided tour via party chat.

Cracklox

maybe a warframe that would be a major hassle to get, like Ivara, that pressure to complete 3 data retrievals got to me

Heh. I also got a 50% off voucher over the weekend and thats exactly what I did. Really don't enjoy spy missions, and Ivara was one I was keen to check out so it was a no brainer. I nearly bought her at full price a week ago too

Now, if i can just figure out how to make her work best......

Amon37

I got a 50% once but I didn't get a chance to use it.

Edit: I love the fact that shooting gallery is perm on Mesa and it even stuns infested. I have a nice build that even allows for peacemaker. I'm having fun with her again.

Cracklox

How does the second step of the Sands of Inaros quest work? The game was pretty vague with what to do, so I checked the wiki which indicates I need to kill a specified enemy type (that will be marked accordingly on missions) to fill a meter. Ok no probs, I can do that. Only thing is I can't find anywhere what enemy types it wants me to kill. The quest just says 'fulfill the whatsamecallit' and I can't find anywhere how it would like me to do that. I didn't actually do any missions after getting to that point, so is it just a case of some special marked enemies will spawn on whichever missions I do now? Or am I missing something really obvious?

On an unrelated note starting to dig Ivara. Sleep arrows, prowl and the Artemis bow are all pretty useful. Prowl + Artemis bow on higher hp mobs is awesome. 1 shot fools everywhere. Haven't really found a good use for the homing arrow, but I mostly play defense and survival where its more or less useless. I suppose it could be handy for bosses and some other mission types like spy though

How does the second step of the Sands of Inaros quest work? The game was pretty vague with what to do, so I checked the wiki which indicates I need to kill a specified enemy type (that will be marked accordingly on missions) to fill a meter. Ok no probs, I can do that. Only thing is I can't find anywhere what enemy types it wants me to kill. The quest just says 'fulfill the whatsamecallit' and I can't find anywhere how it would like me to do that. I didn't actually do any missions after getting to that point, so is it just a case of some special marked enemies will spawn on whichever missions I do now? Or am I missing something really obvious?

On an unrelated note starting to dig Ivara. Sleep arrows, prowl and the Artemis bow are all pretty useful. Prowl + Artemis bow on higher hp mobs is awesome. 1 shot fools everywhere. Haven't really found a good use for the homing arrow, but I mostly play defense and survival where its more or less useless. I suppose it could be handy for bosses and some other mission types like spy though

I am pretty sure the vessel shows an icon about the enemy you have to hunt, your worst pick is the bursa, it ask for a specific type of bursa

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
You have to manually inspect the vase on the orbiter then in mission if you kill one of the right enemy type the screen flashes grey/silver and a lightning like effect pops off.

You need to check the vase though and make sure the quest updates or it wont count the kills.

Cracklox

Thanks and thanks.

Yeah, got the 2nd message from Baro after getting the blueprint so thats fine. I did inspect it in the ship, and also equipped it in my inventory. It was pretty late at that point so I turned it off with the intention of figuring it out today. So it sounds like I just need to inspect it again while in mission and I should see the meter I need to fill, along with enemy type.

I got a bit confused, becasue I didn't know what enemies it wanted me to kill (Corpus, Grineer, Infected) so I didn't know what missions to run. It sounds like it works that part out after you commence a mission. I'll check it out when I get home later

Amon37

Thanks and thanks.

Yeah, got the 2nd message from Baro after getting the blueprint so thats fine. I did inspect it in the ship, and also equipped it in my inventory. It was pretty late at that point so I turned it off with the intention of figuring it out today. So it sounds like I just need to inspect it again while in mission and I should see the meter I need to fill, along with enemy type.

I got a bit confused, becasue I didn't know what enemies it wanted me to kill (Corpus, Grineer, Infected) so I didn't know what missions to run. It sounds like it works that part out after you commence a mission. I'll check it out when I get home later

Depending on how much you want to search the wiki shows what each picture equates to. I got the Bursa one and it sucked.

Amon37

So as I'm playing Mesa again it seems like they made it so peacemaker can't shoot nullifier bubbles? I tried looking at her changes but I couldn't find that called out? Also even reading the wiki I'm not sure which secondary mods help peacemaker the best.

Also I was doing the corpus bow sortie yesterday and I was invisible as Loki but somehow kept dying out of nowhere. Not sure if it was a Bursa's doing.

So as I'm playing Mesa again it seems like they made it so peacemaker can't shoot nullifier bubbles? I tried looking at her changes but I couldn't find that called out? Also even reading the wiki I'm not sure which secondary mods help peacemaker the best.

Also I was doing the corpus bow sortie yesterday and I was invisible as Loki but somehow kept dying out of nowhere. Not sure if it was a Bursa's doing.

Even when Mesa was prenerfed I'm pretty sure she couldn't shoot through nullifiers. Also, if you're running a Corpus sortie and die 90% chance it was from a sapping osprey. The damage on the mines scales weirdly, so at low levels they might as well no be there but at sortie levels you get one/two shot.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah last sortie I did back in like season 2 was corpus. Had full ~600 energy + maxed quick thinking. Stepped on mine for 1/2 sec = 1 shot. So lame.

Also app mag/boar/dakra are coming back on the 28th for ~a month. I thought the new star chart was coming with lunaro II so I dunno how that'll work.

Wowbagger

Could have sworn the blue balls of doom had been nerfed on PC. Assumed we had gotten the change with 18.3. Hope I didn't misread. :(

Yeah last sortie I did back in like season 2 was corpus. Had full ~600 energy + maxed quick thinking. Stepped on mine for 1/2 sec = 1 shot. So lame.

Yeah, they were (are?) ridiculous at that high level.

Also app mag/boar/dakra are coming back on the 28th for ~a month. I thought the new star chart was coming with lunaro II so I dunno how that'll work.

Uhm, just improved map/mission variety for farming it? Are you under the impression the new star chart will bring back all vaulted primes? Cause, if so, you're in for major disappointment. :p

Amon37

Even when Mesa was prenerfed I'm pretty sure she couldn't shoot through nullifiers. Also, if you're running a Corpus sortie and die 90% chance it was from a sapping osprey. The damage on the mines scales weirdly, so at low levels they might as well no be there but at sortie levels you get one/two shot.

Not through it, but when I have the trigger held she doesn't even shoot at the bubble. Ok yes it was those sapping osprey's.

frizby

Not through it, but when I have the trigger held she doesn't even shoot at the bubble. Ok yes it was those sapping osprey's.

I don't think Mesa's Peacemaker ever shot through or at negator bubbles. I know it didn't before the nerf when everybody was using her on void defenses.

Cracklox

Volt Prime, Monkey King and Inaros all just finished cooking in the oven. Shame I'm at work.....

Pretty interested in checking out Inaros . Haven't read a whole lot about him but seems like he should play a bit different without shields and ability to regain health. Might finally find a good use for that rejuvenation aura.

Also forgot how much I enjoyed Archwing
fuck the haters
. Soon as I find a couple more mods (stretch equivalent and shield boost mainly) ima potato the shit outta my Itzal.

I'm nearly ready to do the last stage of the Jordas Precept as well, so sorta looking forward to a boss fight.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
...typical t4. 20 t4 caps no dakra blade :/ mag parts seem common at leaast if ppl still need her.

Lox I have extra of those 2 mods if you want em. If you have an extra shell rush or blazing steel I'd appreciate it as I don't have those 2 but they're yours either way.

Cracklox

Yo cheers. I've got an Itzal at 30 and the Odanata at about 23 and played a bunch of the Neptune defense over the weekend (and in the past as well ) but those 2 just won't drop. I don't think either are considered 'rare' either. Archwing (as opposed to Archwing weapon) mods seem to be pretty rare as a whole though. I'm also missing the Flow equivalent but that's pretty easy to live without with Archwing.

Not sure off the top of my head if i've got those other two or not.

-edit- just googled em. Don't think I do sorry. Def not the charge speed one and pretty sure I don't have fire damage. Got the other elements.

Top Bottom