• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Some of the defense missions are absurdly difficult compared to the general level of the planet. We tried Lith (Earth) with a friend a couple of times and failed spectacularly. Then we got a full party and failed on the last wave again, before finally nailing it. The scaling could use a bit of work - I could solo some missions no problem, but add a friend and the enemies get relentless.

More progress, though. Vay Hek died in a comical Benny Hill -esque melee circus after everybody spent all their ammo. Good thing too, since it looks like everything I want to craft requires materials from Earth and Mars.

casmith07

Some of the defense missions are absurdly difficult compared to the general level of the planet. We tried Lith (Earth) with a friend a couple of times and failed spectacularly. Then we got a full party and failed on the last wave again, before finally nailing it. The scaling could use a bit of work - I could solo some missions no problem, but add a friend and the enemies get relentless.

More progress, though. Vay Hek died in a comical Benny Hill -esque melee circus after everybody spent all their ammo. Good thing too, since it looks like everything I want to craft requires materials from Earth and Mars.

I need things from Earth and I need to keep replaying the Captain Vor Assassination so I can craft the Seer pistol.

Using Dual Ethers and Aklato now, though...having two pistols is GREAT.

Question -- what's the best primary weapon to shoot for? I'm not a fan of the somewhat sluggish rate of fire of the MK-1 Braton.

Sykotik

Boltor is very good.

Though, most weapons can be turned into lethal machines with the right mods. Multishot/Fire rate combo for example.

casmith07

It sounds delicious...pinning enemies to walls!

Just have to find the blueprint I suppose. I haven't reached the next mastery rank yet either, I don't think, so I can't buy it yet using Platinum.

Sykotik

It sounds delicious...pinning enemies to walls!

Just have to find the blueprint I suppose. I haven't reached the next mastery rank yet either, I don't think, so I can't buy it yet using Platinum.

Go the the market. You can buy a bunch of weapon blueprints there with Credits, you just need to scroll past all the platinum versions.

Yesterday I was in the Arsenal tweaking my stuff when out of nowhere a message pops up saying "so-and-so" joined your session.
I was like: WTF?
All of a sudden the game goes into a loading and I find myself with four ninjas on a Orokin Derelict. 1st time seeing one.

I was like: o_O this game! This game is awesome

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yesterday I was in the Arsenal tweaking my stuff when out of nowhere a message pops up saying "so-and-so" joined your session.
I was like: WTF?
All of a sudden the game goes into a loading and I find myself with four ninjas on a Orokin Derelict. 1st time seeing one.

I was like: o_O this game! This game is awesome

Happened to me but it was an outdoor mission somewhere. I was staring at the environment half the time. And I got some awesome loot out of it. Still no clue where I was.

Billen

Banned
Once more I ask, how can this be so much more amusing on console than on PC? And yes, you could go TV and controller on PC.

Question -- what's the best primary weapon to shoot for? I'm not a fan of the somewhat sluggish rate of fire of the MK-1 Braton.

Braton is the first easy upgrade. 25k credits, no crafting required, drops enemies significantly faster than the MK1. Also eats through ammo a lot quicker.

Lucent

Just checked... looks like you also need an orokin cell. Ugh.

You need an orokin cell for every frame. Actually, every warframe seems to have the exact same ingredients and number of ingredients to make them. So it's up to you what frame you want first.

EDIT: Damn, the clan logo still hasn't appeared. Wonder how long it takes.

SnakeEyes

Banned

I'd like an invite too please. PSN ID: KurtNiisan

I've had more of the PS4 versions bugs appear for me last night, the biggest and most common of which is the black screen after completing a mission. I have to close the application and reload, and thankfully I still get the loot from the mission, but it still annoys the hell out of me.

Hell, just go for the normal Braton in the short term - more damage and faster RoF than the MK1 at the cost of a little accuracy and mag capacity. I'm finding it absolutely annihilates, and the only mod I have on it currently is a 20%+ RoF.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So I settled on Ash and in the last 2 days have made a beeline for Tyl Ragor or whatever his name is. I'm on Saturn now? I think and trying to skip along the bottom row of missions to get straight to Uranus (hehehe) .... anyways -

Besides dumping cash - this is the fastest way to Ash correct? I'll get the blueprint from Ragor or whatever his dumb name is and then I can make the suit if I manage all he materials on my way there? (only really need the salvage now)

The other ash blueprints are for different body parts - they aren't required for the base model or am I wrong on this one? Not worried about the work as i'm having a fuckton of fun but i don't wanna build up to disappointment when i realize i have another few hours of work to do...

Sykotik

So I settled on Ash and in the last 2 days have made a beeline for Tyl Ragor or whatever his name is. I'm on Saturn now? I think and trying to skip along the bottom row of missions to get straight to Uranus (hehehe) .... anyways -

Besides dumping cash - this is the fastest way to Ash correct? I'll get the blueprint from Ragor or whatever his dumb name is and then I can make the suit if I manage all he materials on my way there? (only really need the salvage now)

The other ash blueprints are for different body parts - they aren't required for the base model or am I wrong on this one? Not worried about the work as i'm having a fuckton of fun but i don't wanna build up to disappointment when i realize i have another few hours of work to do...

To build any warframe, you need to first build the 3 base parts. Helmet, Chassis and Systems. Once those are built, you can build the actual frame. You need 4 blueprints, total.

Could I also get a clan invite too? PSN: Velionx

Sent.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
SO picked up an unnamed card. Has a cropped picture of a Tenno (Excalibur I guess) sitting down on it. C1, ???, no text other than that.

What is it?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I downloaded and started this yesterday, I don't really know what I'm doing, so I've just gone through the first 4-5 levels and still don't really know what I'm doing, lol.

I looked quickly through the controls, apparently you can walk run? Not a clue how you do that, I also can't seem to aim for crap with the sword which has gotten me nearly killed a few times. Also, what is the penalty for reviving once killed? Assuming there is one.

I know I'm only a few levels in but I was hoping there would be a little more story to it, I'm a Tenno if I'm getting that right? Whatever that is, am I a person in a suit, or frame I guess, or a frame that is alive, not a clue.

Still, will give it more of a go, but it is doing a terrible job of explaining anything to a new player.

desverger

Today was a good day. Got Focus and Thunderbolt! TB actually dropped off some random elite grineer in an alert mission - what are the chances? Probably not something I want to know :p

Probably doing some survivals tomorrow in the hope of Split Chamber, then I can pew pew with my rambo bow.

So I downloaded and started this yesterday, I don't really know what I'm doing, so I've just gone through the first 4-5 levels and still don't really know what I'm doing, lol.

I looked quickly through the controls, apparently you can walk run? Not a clue how you do that, I also can't seem to aim for crap with the sword which has gotten me nearly killed a few times. Also, what is the penalty for reviving once killed? Assuming there is one.

I know I'm only a few levels in but I was hoping there would be a little more story to it, I'm a Tenno if I'm getting that right? Whatever that is, am I a person in a suit, or frame I guess, or a frame that is alive, not a clue.

Still, will give it more of a go, but it is doing a terrible job of explaining anything to a new player.

You have 4 revives per day per frame, after that a death is a forfeit. The starting melee weapon is notoriously bad, don't worry :p

Been debating on crafting boltor or paris any advice on which would be better?

Both do puncture damage as a main source of damage, but I'd probably recommend Boltor, since bows need a few rare mods to be really effective. This is a good cheat sheet for the weapons: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

I guess you mean wall run? Toggle sprint with L3 (edit: or whatever button, I'm in PS4 mode), run slightly towards the wall, hold jump, let go to jump off the wall. As for melee, try switching the "lock attacks to camera" option off. You can do a more powerful charge melee attack by holding the button for a second.

You have four revives per day. No penalties for using those. If you run out of revives and nobody else can revive you in time, you're out for the mission (and fail the mission if soloing or if the others die as well).

Yeah, I don't think anybody's disputing that. :p Apparently they're working on better tutorials. It's not really a story game, but there's a lore section in the menu and in Update 11 you can craft a codex device that allows you to play Pokemon Snap and get more data on the enemies.

Been debating on crafting boltor or paris any advice on which would be better?

I was just drooling at Boltor and I think it's the next one on my list. It looks nasty and it can nail people to the wall. With rapid fire. I mean, a bow would also be nice, but bolts. Full auto bolts.

NeOak

Hold the phone - your Revives automatically refill daily?! How the fuck did I not know this??!? Here I was, buying more revives with my initial allocation of Platinum like a schmuck!

You shall be known as "SnakeEyes, the immortal"

lol

Gold_Loot

Hello fellow GAFers! Been playing this game for a good week or so. I have a 25 Mag, and would love a clan invite if at all possible " ll_Spire_ll "

Really enjoying it.

Yoday

Well then. Finally got my clan key built today. In other news I am apparently no longer in the clan. :(

I really hope I still have the key when the clan member limit increases.

Frologic

Hold the phone - your Revives automatically refill daily?! How the fuck did I not know this??!? Here I was, buying more revives with my initial allocation of Platinum like a schmuck!

Oh god no. Never spend platinum on revives. It's better to just fail the mission than spend precious platinum.

NeOak

Who manages the neogaf clan? Can I get an invite the guys I play with are not very social. Psn:novais350

Sykotik pretty much atm. I only pop in to burn platinum on stuff that's needed.

I think its time we increased to 100. As long as people are willing to contribute, the price increase won't affect much.

Sykotik

Make sure to put it where the other barracks are, around that area.

Code:
   B
 o + R
 B + R
   |
   |
 L + L
 L + L
   o

B.arracks, R.eactor, L.ab, o = empty.

Barracks aren't side-by-side because they're too big to fit next to each-other without wasting another forma for a small hallway.

NeOak

Ok, added two connectors. Had the barracks been completed where it was put, we would have killed our expandability on that area. When the connectors are done, I'll see where the barracks go.

Apologies, but gotta plan ahead from the start.

Sykotik

Ok, added two connectors. Had the barracks been completed where it was put, we would have killed our expandability on that area. When the connectors are done, I'll see where the barracks go.

Apologies, but gotta plan ahead from the start.

Empty spaces were for elevators.

Edgeward

Rhino is such a fucking tank. Guy that helped me out on a survival mission pretty much cant stand in a group and just wail away. And fuck the ancient disruptors, the poison fcks me over when pulling

Xevren

Rhino is such a fucking tank. Guy that helped me out on a survival mission pretty much cant stand in a group and just wail away. And fuck the ancient disruptors, the poison fcks me over when pulling

Seriously, I started playing as him today and it's all sorts of glorious.

PaperBoy_JJ

Neo Member

You talking about me? I joined you from the clan screen, KaL-eL. I was wondering when you were going to head for the extraction.

Edgeward

You talking about me? I joined you from the clan screen, KaL-eL. I was wondering when you were going to head for the extraction.

Ah, well thanks for the help again. I thought we were both in sync as to try and grind for as long as possible on survival. lol

Let's do that again sometime. I can't handle the poison by myself.

PaperBoy_JJ

Neo Member
Ah, well thanks for the help again. I thought we were both in sync as to try and grind for as long as possible on survival. lol

Let's do that again sometime. I can't handle the poison by myself.

Any time. I have some tower defense level 3s that I could use a hand in if anyone wants to play. If I invite others do they have to have the same key or does it just use mine?

Top Bottom