• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Mrcapcom

So I finally decided to drop some cash on Platinum and now have 198 to spend. I want to buy a Sentinel but am unsure as to which one I should go for. Suggestions? I'm kinda leading towards Dethcube purely for more Damage, but I'll take other suggestions.

Also, I accepted my GAF Clan invite last night, and now see I have a Clan Key I need to make. Does that mean I can't enter the Clan area until it's crafted?

Dont just craft it you can buy the blueprint for 100,000 in the market and find the parts. I made worm but I might get dethcube soon

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dont just craft it you can buy the blueprint for 100,000 in the market and find the parts. I made worm but I might get dethcube soon
So you're saying don't bother spending the Platinum to get them? If you buy them with Platinum do you get the Sentinel instantly, or is that just the blueprint and you still have to build?

If it's only the blueprint, I'll save the credits for them...

Dat sign up fee
Yup. To be fair, I should have expected it from a F2P game :)

Plat gets you it instantly, also comes with a reactor/catalyst (doubles mod energy) included.

Personally, grinding is the whole point of this game so I favor using plats on inventory slots and cosmetics.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Plat gets you it instantly, also comes with a reactor/catalyst (doubles mod energy) included.

Personally, grinding is the whole point of this game so I favor using plats on inventory slots and cosmetics.
Hrm, maybe those bonuses make it worth spending the Platinum then. I'll mull it over tonight. Still, any suggestion on what Sentinel to get?

There are so few mods (comparitively) for them that the reactor is actually wasted - I always have way more energy than I can use on mine.

Thatvsaid, I bought carrier... It's nice to suck up drops and its shotgun quickly got powerful enough that it poaches my kills when I am trying to level up a newer weapon lol.

--

Holy crap did I ever not understand the mod upgrade system until now... Didn't understand the level notches and that I could use fusion cores on their own lol.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy crap did I ever not understand the mod upgrade system until now... Didn't understand the level notches and that I could use fusion cores on their own lol.
Hahaha, I only discovered the notches last night when looking at my Slash Dash! :D
And did you mean simply using the Fusion Cores on the cards? I figured that out myself a couple of days ago.

I went for the Deathcube...because it's a Deathcube.
My thoughts exactly. It's a Flying Cube.... of Death! I may also get the little Jetpack wings for it as well :D

Lucent

Trinity is finished! =D

1466230_10202735582453619_1638312808_n.jpg

I changed her colors for now.

I want a new suit or person or husk or whatever they're called (can't remember)

What's the best way to go about doing that? Buying platinum or just buying a blueprint and grinding it out?

I bought the blueprint for the bow but the first time I can get nanites is like 4 planets from the one I'm on :(

KarmaCow

It's fairly easy to get the parts for Warframes, but you'll need to wait till you have access to later planets.

Save the platinum for weapon and warframe slots.

Lucent

Wow. Trinity starts out super weak. Thought I'd take her through 1-1 and she gets her health and armor zapped fast. I don't remember Excalibur dropping like that.

Gaz_RB

I want a new suit or person or husk or whatever they're called (can't remember)

What's the best way to go about doing that? Buying platinum or just buying a blueprint and grinding it out?

I bought the blueprint for the bow but the first time I can get nanites is like 4 planets from the one I'm on :(

You can't remember that they're called Warframes....?

lmao I imagine you must be fairly new to the game.

It's easy to buy the blueprint and then go find the blue prints for the parts. The wiki is crucial here. For instance, if you want the Rhino warframe, you check the wiki for where to find the blueprint for the Rhino helmet, chassis, and systems ( in this example it is the Venus boss that drops them, Jackal). You collect all the materials for each part, build all three, and then you buy the Rhino blueprint from the store (if you haven't already) and build that using the three parts.

Same goes for weapons. I usually check the wiki for whatever material I need to construct it and then find the best place to farm for them and head there. For instance, I'm making the bow right now and just need morphics. It says I can find them on Mercury but according to the wiki, it's much easier to find them in the Mars system, the War level specifically.

If you focus on planet progression in the direction you need, you should be able to get access to the majority of the materials in a relatively short amount of time.

tldr: wiki wiki wiki

Lucent

Cmon galium, drop you SoB. I want to make my axe

Got my plastids so my rifle is being built. So long dumb burston

lol. I'm using the Latron atm. And I can make an axe but not sure if I want to use my Galium on it.

EDIT: My Cronus is almost maxed though. Gonna need another weapon to level to increase mastery. Hmm...

Just started playing this last night, surprisingly fun! The only problem is team mates generally run off like they're trying to sprint through a level and the lack of communication makes the game almost feel like playing alone.

Shame none of my friends have a PS4

Lucent

Just started playing this last night, surprisingly fun! The only problem is team mates generally run off like they're trying to sprint through a level and the lack of communication makes the game almost feel like playing alone.

Yeah this is super normal. I think either they're trying to look badass. lol. Only reason I would see running through a level is to farm a boss for blueprints and rarer materials.

Feel free to add me (Das_Mookid)... I'm going to be starting leveling up my new frame on the weekend so I'll be down to do some of the earlier stages again.

Feel free to add me (Das_Mookid)... I'm going to be starting leveling up my new frame on the weekend so I'll be down to do some of the earlier stages again.

I might just do that ;) If anyone does want to play with me feel free to add me PSN: davidbloop

I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown

Loudninja

Thats what they do in this game man!

Most people don't bother looking for loot.

molnizzle

Thats what they do in this game man!

Most people don't bother looking for loot.

After a certain point the "loot" you get from containers is kinda useless. I'll bust them open if they're along the route, but if I'm in a mission and it's not survival/defense/void/derelicts then I'm just there to get through it ASAP to open up alerts and/or nightmare mode. Running around and searching for containers is not an efficient use of your time once you're halfway geared.

Lucent

My secondary gun (Lato) and my melee weapon (Cronus) are level 29. I better look for some replacements. lol

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hi guys

can someone please explain to me how to purchase weapons and armour?

do I need to purchase credit for the PSN store?

its all confusing to me :(

molnizzle

That and Control Modules. Ember and Volt are ready to be made but I need control modules.

Join any random T1 Void mission you see in chat. You'll get 3-8 Control Modules per run if you open containers. I have like a hundred of those stupid things now. =P

Lucent

Join any random T1 Void mission you see in chat. You'll get 3-8 Control Modules per run if you open containers. I have like a hundred of those stupid things now. =P

Damn. Well I don't have time tonight. Got class early in the morning. I'll do it tomorrow night and try to get some more frames made.

Edgeward

Hi guys

can someone please explain to me how to purchase weapons and armour?

do I need to purchase credit for the PSN store?

its all confusing to me :(

Two forms of currency credits and platinum

If the item needs to be bought with platinum on the store then you need to get platinum via the psn store. Very few actual weapons can be bought with credits which is earned in game. Blueprints to make items are bought with credits, but materials to fulfill those plans must be earned by playing and getting drops or buying them in the marketplace via platinums

TEH-CJ

Banned
Two forms of currency credits and platinum

If the item needs to be bought with platinum on the store then you need to get platinum via the psn store. Very few actual weapons can be bought with credits which is earned in game. Blueprints to make items are bought with credits, but materials to fulfill those plans must be earned by playing and getting drops or buying them in the marketplace via platinums

Thanks for taking the time to explain that bro.

Can someone give me an idea of what's required for level 40, 50, 60 missions? My Loki is 30 atm, and I think 40 is probably near my upper limit of survivability/usefulness.

Am I supposed to use an Orokin Reactor and/or Catalyst to play the more difficult levels?

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I currently have 3 different WarFrame sections under construction, after completing my first 2 Tower missions - Frost Prime Chassis, Volt Chassis and Trinity Chassis. I also have Rhino Systems sitting there, waiting for the credits to start construction.

wsippel

Banned
Hrm, maybe those bonuses make it worth spending the Platinum then. I'll mull it over tonight. Still, any suggestion on what Sentinel to get?
Shade is really useful when playing solo, Dethcube when playing coop. Carrier is the most convenient sentinel though, both solo and online - it's the one I miss the most when it gets destroyed.

Sdoots

Can someone give me an idea of what's required for level 40, 50, 60 missions? My Loki is 30 atm, and I think 40 is probably near my upper limit of survivability/usefulness.

Am I supposed to use an Orokin Reactor and/or Catalyst to play the more difficult levels?

If you are playing with a group constantly, you will be alright. You might be a bit of a weak link, but you should be alright. Keep in mind that you can always drop a forma in a fully leveled item to add a polarity slot to it, which cuts the cost of any mod with matching polarity in half. Can be a useful alternative (or addition) to a catalyst or reactor.

That all said, if you find yourself playing this pretty often, and you have some go-to equipment already, the benefits of the catalysts and reactors quickly outweigh the cost.

I suggest trying to earn them through the alert blueprints, rather than platinum, if possible. By the time you really will get the full effect of the items, you should have plenty of resources to spare on crafting them.

kaioshade

Wow. Trinity starts out super weak. Thought I'd take her through 1-1 and she gets her health and armor zapped fast. I don't remember Excalibur dropping like that.

Trinity is definitely a support frame. Going solo is generally not a very good idea at lower levels, she will get murdered.

Sdoots

Trinity is definitely a support frame. Going solo is generally not a very good idea at lower levels, she will get murdered.

It's certainly a fringe case, but over on PC one of the guys I play with tops the scoreboards regularly with his Trinity in terms of kills. It can be done.

Don't be that guy if you decide you like Trinity. She's more useful as a Support nine times out of ten.

Mrcapcom

Just got my last piece for Rhino crafting now. in 80 hours Ill have rhino :D

Just finished my Rhino yesterday morning. I was so hype I powered up the PS4 just to nab him from the foundry.

I played him last night and was surprisingly having fun. All the negative stuff I hear on the forums about him being nerfed and stuff had me scared but hes pretty cool. I had tons of suped up mods from my lvl 30 excalibur I brought the Orkin Reactor to double my points and first thing I added was shields so i have like 600 shields.

Having mad fun next Frame I'm going to craft will be Frost/Trinity/Nova not in that order but i think Trinity is the easiest to craft since I already have her planet unlocked.

Why are Nightmare Missions so hard? I went into like a level 4-7 or something Nightmare Mission as a level 12 and everyone killed me smh

Top Bottom