• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

If you upgrade Super Jump and have a Focus mod on Excal it really comes in handy for traversal. It's definitely not a must have ability like Slash Dash, but its fun to use. If you get the mod Heavy Impact (works with all frames), you can use Super Jump to get high enough to come down and put out a shockwave that can kill most weaker enemies and will knock down anyone else it doesn't kill. For maximum effectiness, get about 50 feet away from a group of enemies, do a super jump, at the peak of your jump, do a slash down and you'll come slashing down on all the enemies as well as putting out a shockwave when you hit the ground.

Since the surviving enemies will be knocked down, put your reticle at them and melee to do your finishing melee attack that guarantees a critical hit. That a good way of crowd control/looking like a bad ass with Excal
I love it. Will give it a shot.

Lately I've been experimenting a lot more with acrobatics. Wall-running for no good reason, and chaining sprint+jump+kick+slide+jump+kick+slide ad infinitum. Its been fun practice and has led to some truly bad-ass ninja moments.

Taking withering fire from some corpus on a second floor balcony across the room? Sprint and wallrun up and over onto the balcony before following up with an enfilade slash-dash. Instant blood-smoothy.

Or the time I found myself running along a balcony to do the same to another group of Corpus when I realized at the last moment there was a break in the balcony (it was two separate balconies with empty space between them) and I'd have to jump to get them - turn that jump into a diving kick and knocked the whole lot of them down. Then the finishers came easy.

So basically, yeah, this game is pretty damn good is what I'm trying to say.

I got a Forma for my login reward today. Now, what do I do with it? :p

Yeah I got something also.. a gun lol.. wasn't expecting getting stuff for just logging in.. gonna delve deeper into the game tomorrow..

I had a few games today where I saved a few peeps and when I get taken down they all run off and left me.. sucks but comes with the territory of playing with randoms..

Xclusion

Yeah I got something also.. a gun lol.. wasn't expecting getting stuff for just logging in.. gonna delve deeper into the game tomorrow..

I had a few games today where I saved a few peeps and when I get taken down they all run off and left me.. sucks but comes with the territory of playing with randoms..

add me: I'm a team player psn: Xclusion
also working on a league if anyones interested, still discovering the game about 10 hrs in.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's what I've been finding too - some people rush through the levels as quickly as they can, without taking the time to hunt for loot. What's up with that?!

That's what I've been finding too - some people rush through the levels as quickly as they can, without taking the time to hunt for loot. What's up with that?!

Probably just don't know how to play.. I rushed my first game until i started finding loot.. now I trawl the levels lol.. but still have to be mindfull of guys running on as that 1min timer at the end..

Actually does it matter if you don't catch up? i'm assuming it does

I love it. Will give it a shot.

Lately I've been experimenting a lot more with acrobatics. Wall-running for no good reason, and chaining sprint+jump+kick+slide+jump+kick+slide ad infinitum. Its been fun practice and has led to some truly bad-ass ninja moments.

Taking withering fire from some corpus on a second floor balcony across the room? Sprint and wallrun up and over onto the balcony before following up with an enfilade slash-dash. Instant blood-smoothy.

Or the time I found myself running along a balcony to do the same to another group of Corpus when I realized at the last moment there was a break in the balcony (it was two separate balconies with empty space between them) and I'd have to jump to get them - turn that jump into a diving kick and knocked the whole lot of them down. Then the finishers came easy.

So basically, yeah, this game is pretty damn good is what I'm trying to say.

Good thing about update 11 is that wall run not longer needs sprint before jump to perform. That will make it so much easier and responsive.

casmith07

Shootbang/FPS mentality.

I was playing with one group on a Spy mission and I finally quit out after 30 minutes of waiting for the last guy/asshole to pick up the god damn data unit so we could head for extraction. He was just running around the level trying to kill enemies.

If you're not going to play the game right, play by yourself.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Probably just don't know how to play.. I rushed my first game until i started finding loot.. now I trawl the levels lol.. but still have to be mindfull of guys running on as that 1min timer at the end..

Actually does it matter if you don't catch up? i'm assuming it does
Only for boss fights, where all players have to be in the room, and Extractions I believe. Otherwise it just means the people running ahead have to deal with all the enemies without you :D

Shootbang/FPS mentality.

I was playing with one group on a Spy mission and I finally quit out after 30 minutes of waiting for the last guy/asshole to pick up the god damn data unit so we could head for extraction. He was just running around the level trying to kill enemies.

A-Fucking-Men.

casmith07

You get higher chances of getting better rewards the more days you log in consecutively.

Really makes Remote Play a treat. If you can't log in, or aren't sure, log in real quick using your Vita, lol...I've done it twice so far and ended up with Morphics one day and was able to craft the Cronus, finally.

Good thing about update 11 is that wall run not longer needs sprint before jump to perform. That will make it so much easier and responsive.
That will help, definitely.

My only real problems are:

Engaging/disengaging sprint with certainty. Sometimes it just doesn't take the first time. Or sometimes you get stuck in sprint, or out of sprint. Its just not reliable enough.

Crouching and then being stuck in crouch. This game needs a crouch toggle, and if it exists somewhere I've missed it all of this time.

Trying to start that wall-jump - sometimes your feet connect and it clicks, other times you just jump directly into the wall like a dumbass, again and again.

Oh, and sometimes my slides go on a bit long before I can stand up again.

And...

Shootbang/FPS mentality.

I played that way at first too - made sure to clear the entire mission area of enemies before leaving, leaving no stone unturned and no container unbusted.

But as the enemies have gotten tougher, and seem to respawn endlessly I've taken to sticking to the objective, with a much smaller period of exploration before moving to the next area. Basically our squad will act like loot hording scrubbing bubbles for a bit and then move on.

I have yet to reach the full on sprint-ahead-at-full-speed-and-fuck-the-rest-of-the-team point though.

Leave no Tenno behind!

casmith07

Engaging/disengaging sprint with certainty. Sometimes it just doesn't take the first time. Or sometimes you get stuck in sprint, or out of sprint. Its just not reliable enough.

Crouching and then being stuck in crouch. This game needs a crouch toggle, and if it exists somewhere I've missed it all of this time.

Trying to start that wall-jump - sometimes your feet connect and it clicks, other times you just jump directly into the wall like a dumbass, again and again.

And...

My main gripe is the inconsistency of controls between standard play and remote play. No melee/aiming on the Vita.

casmith07

How useful are the Sentinels? Can they be acquired without Platinum, or is it worth spending the Platinum on them?

They can be with blueprints, but they're so cheap with Platinum it's worth buying one. I have the one that gives me the Ghost technique. When enemies are close, if they haven't spotted me, my Sentinel cloaks me. It would work better if people actually tried to use stealth and didn't play the game like COD.

And...

I played that way at first too - made sure to clear the entire mission area of enemies before leaving, leaving no stone unturned and no container unbusted.

But as the enemies have gotten tougher, and seem to respawn endlessly I've taken to sticking to the objective, with a much smaller period of exploration before moving to the next area. Basically our squad will act like loot hording scrubbing bubbles for a bit and then move on.

I have yet to reach the full on sprint-ahead-at-full-speed-and-fuck-the-rest-of-the-team point though.

Leave no Tenno behind!

I ABSOLUTELY second this. One of the most important bits that I learned to help control my sprinting is that aiming takes you out of sprint. That one tripped me up for a bit.

SnakeEyes

Banned
They can be with blueprints, but they're so cheap with Platinum it's worth buying one. I have the one that gives me the Ghost technique. When enemies are close, if they haven't spotted me, my Sentinel cloaks me. It would work better if people actually tried to use stealth and didn't play the game like COD.
Interesting. Because they cost, like, 75 Plat right? Maybe I'll dive in and spend the $7.45 for 75 Plat to get one...

casmith07

Leave no Tenno behind!

There's a difference between being deliberate with trying to accomplish the mission and grabbing what you can along the way, and basically saying "oh it's a spy mission and I literally have to pick up and carry this briefcase? Fuck that I'm getting XP."

casmith07

Interesting. Because they cost, like, 75 Plat right? Maybe I'll dive in and spend the $7.45 for 75 Plat to get one...

Spend a little more. You get more Platinum with some of the higher tiered options per dollar than the cheaper ones, and then you can get a few cosmetic things to upgrade yourself as well.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Spend a little more. You get more Platinum with some of the higher tiered options per dollar than the cheaper ones, and then you can get a few cosmetic things to upgrade yourself as well.
You may be right. I just seem to keep a tight reign on my wallet when it comes to F2P games :)

Hopefully the PS4 version sees the special sales on Platinum that the PC players seem to get regularly...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Shootbang/FPS mentality.

Couldn't you just pick it up? I was sure a single person could hold as many data units as they wanted.

casmith07

You may be right. I just seem to keep a tight reign on my wallet when it comes to F2P games :)

These guys have crafted an awesome game though. I try to support them. Reminds me so much of PSO, I love it.

Couldn't you just pick it up? I was sure a single person could hold as many data units as they wanted.

If you pick one up, you drop the one you're carrying.

The mission only spawns X number of data units, X being the number of players.

This is true. I'm always the designated carrier in these missions. I've carried up to five data-masss node whatevers, no problem. Its all just one item you have to carry.

I don't mind though, as my pistol is the painless alpha and omega, the final arbiter of justice, bringer of payback, doom and forever-sleep to all things.

Nah one person can pick up all four of them. We usually make whoever has the best pistol do it.
*salutes*

casmith07

They can, as far as I'm aware. I've certainly done Spy missions where I'm carrying more than one item.

Nah one person can pick up all four of them. We usually make whoever has the best pistol do it.

Yep, same here. You can definitely hold more than one, I doubt there's a limit.

This is true. I'm always the designated carrier in these missions. I've carried up to five data-masss node whatevers, no problem. Its all just one item you have to carry.

I don't mind though, as my pistol is the painless alpha and omega, the final arbiter of justice, bringer of payback, doom and forever-sleep to all things.

*salutes*

I stand corrected! Next time I won't be so pissed.

What should I be looking to craft or buy for rifle and pistol? I'm sick of the Lato.

casmith07

Is anybody going to be on tonight? I haven't been in enough games to finish all of the Mercury and Venus missions. I want to unlock Earth.

Dart

I'm usually on every night, this game is very addicting.

I have a question though, Are Orokin void & tower keys solo play only?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I stand corrected! Next time I won't be so pissed.

What should I be looking to craft or buy for rifle and pistol? I'm sick of the Lato.
I went for the Atlato, by accident - the Lato, but duel wielding (but that's also probably because I had the cash to buy the Braton but went into the Pistol menu by mistake).

SnakeEyes

Banned
Is anybody going to be on tonight? I haven't been in enough games to finish all of the Mercury and Venus missions. I want to unlock Earth.
I will be on tonight (it's currently 2:55pm NZ time) and I've up the the Eurasia mission, so I'll happily go backwards to help out a squad :)

In regards to people ignoring spy objectives: In the spy mission I was in only one data core could be carried at a time but you could drop one off at the extraction point and go back for another.

Yes sprint seem bugged to me. It works like a toggle, only disabling when you press again rather than just when you stop moving the thumb-stick.
Crouching too.

ReaperXL7

Hmm....im having trouble deciding between Vauban, Rhino, and Nekros. All of them look really cool for a variety of situations. Going to be a tough choice to pick my main frame when I hit Rank 2 tomarrow.

Yes sprint seem bugged to me. It works like a toggle, only disabling when you press again rather than just when you stop moving the thumb-stick.
Crouching too.

crouching is fucking up my flow. maybe since i spent so much time playing it on PC but i'm having a hard time getting to grips with the controller layout. Slides always end up in stupid crouch walks unless you flip or melee out of them, and seems like the only way to get out of crouch is L3 or jump? on PC you slide while the button is held but releasing goes back to sprint. Why not here?

on top of that i'm having a heck of a time aiming. can't seem to find a sensitivity sweet-spot.

oh and don't bother trying remote play: for some reason fine-aiming is on Dpad-Left. WHAT.

For the Pc players, how do you find the graphic on the ps4?
From what I see on youtube the ps4 is somewhat of a downgrade.

Have the graphic been improved in prior updates on PC?

Can I expect the ps4 version to improve visually?

NeOak

For the Pc players, how do you find the graphic on the ps4?
From what I see on youtube the ps4 is somewhat of a downgrade.

Have the graphic been improved in prior updates on PC?

Can I expect the ps4 version to improve visually?

Most likely it will improve. The previous demos had more effects and higher IQ, but i guess it probably slowed it down too much, so they went for performance to make it for launch.

Edgeward

So few Plastids are dropped. Goddamn. I got a glaive blueprint too for my log in bonus. Just need morphics and nanospores to make it. ^_^

Lucent

So few Plastids are dropped. Goddamn. I got a glaive blueprint too for my log in bonus. Just need morphics and nanospores to make it. ^_^

At least nanospores seem to drop in bulks and are easy to get. Plastids and morphics are a pain.

Sykotik

At least nanospores seem to drop in bulks and are easy to get. Plastids and morphics are a pain.

There is a survival mission on Mars called Ara that drops them consistently. Me and Helscream lasted just under 40 minutes and came out with a cool 14 morphics.

Hardest things to find for me, by far, are Neurodes. Orokin cells are bad, too.

Best thing I got for log-in reward was the Vauban blueprint. 90% of the time I get affinity for Sicarus, which I don't even have, or the Braton.

BPoole

There is a survival mission on Mars called Ara that drops them consistently. Me and Helscream lasted just under 40 minutes and came out with a cool 14 morphics.

Hardest things to find for me, by far, are Neurodes. Orokin cells are bad, too.

Best thing I got for log-in reward was the Vauban blueprint. 90% of the time I get affinity for Sicarus, which I don't even have, or the Braton.
It's not affinity for the Sicarus, it's just XP for whatever secondary weapon oyu have equipped

Helscream

Banned
ATTENTION WARFRAME GAF!

There is an alert on E-PRIME right now providing the AURA MOD ENERGY SIPHON as a REWARD. Its 10:54PM CST right now and there is about 35 MINS LEFT! If you NEED HELP send a message to Helscream and I will assist in obtaining this MOD. This is mod is absolutely necessary for ENDGAME.

Lucent

ATTENTION WARFRAME GAF!

There is an alert on E-PRIME right now providing the AURA MOD ENERGY SIPHON as a REWARD. Its 10:54PM CST right now and there is about 35 MINS LEFT! If you NEED HELP send a message to Helscream and I will assist in obtaining this MOD. This is mod is absolutely necessary for ENDGAME.

halp! lol

EDIT: I don't see the alert.

EDIT 2: nvm I do

Top Bottom