• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Lucent

I grabbed a few doing some tower exterminations. Was the only time i encountered them so far

You can get them in Neptune and Europa, but so far I've had no luck there. The wiki says they drop "tons" in the Orokin Void but I can't pass any of them on my own. And even the ones I can run around in, I haven't found any.

EL Beefo

Just started the Prova research in the energy lab. In only three days we'll be able to get the blueprint to the first clan weapon! (Too bad they all require at least one forma to craft though)

EL Beefo

Just got a Gorgon from daily rewards. Is this thing any good? Still need to farm some morphics to build it.

It's basically a minigun. As you hold down the trigger the rate of fire increases until it's basically a chainsaw. Biggest drawbacks are the ammo consumption and very long reload time. I'm currently leveling one up right now to use on my rhino that's being built.

One cool thing about it though is that right now the log in reward is the only way to get it, so it's fairly rare.

Edgeward

Just started the Prova research in the energy lab. In only three days we'll be able to get the blueprint to the first clan weapon! (Too bad they all require at least one forma to craft though)

I can pop a forma then. Still got some leftover free plat.

jurgen

If and when there's room for more in the clan, I'd love to try to help out.

PSN: Rorschach.
Usually on at night, EST.

EL Beefo

I can pop a forma then. Still got some leftover free plat.

The forma isn't for the clan research. The primary clan research is just to get the blueprint, which you can then buy with credits. To actually build the weapon for yourself though requires a forma.

HORRORSHØW

Sometimes the colors in a stage get distorted, like this:

BanvmfZCIAA9tgg.jpg:large

Is this normal?

le.phat

Can i get a clan invite also? PSN: Sillik. I'm from euroland, and im totally binging on this game. I've pushed my way up to rank 2, amd just finished earth. Got a bunch if keys. Are those one time use?

Edgeward

They are only consumed when you complete the mission. Fail or abort before then and you can retry again but you lose all rewards gained during the mission

desverger

Whats the best place to farm morphics?

It kinda depends on what you have open in the map. The best place to farm X is usually in a high tier defense mission if you can tackle those. Going up to wave 20-25 in an approriate mission nets me usually 2-3 of the rare resource in the region (you can see the all the resources in the map) - for example doing Xini gets me Neurodes, or doing Paimon gets me Morphics.

If you can't tackle those, the next best place is a boss in an approriate region - Captain Vor for example has a chance to drop Morphics, and if you can run him fast, that's usually a good place to be, depending on the RNG :p

It's basically a minigun. As you hold down the trigger the rate of fire increases until it's basically a chainsaw. Biggest drawbacks are the ammo consumption and very long reload time. I'm currently leveling one up right now to use on my rhino that's being built.

One cool thing about it though is that right now the log in reward is the only way to get it, so it's fairly rare.

Sounds good. I'm actually waiting for Rhino and Trinity to finish building also, that gun should be a nice accessory.

Carcetti

Not exactly loving the RNG in the game so far. The only upgrade I've been able to build so far is some sword. Got blueprints for one Banshee part, 1 Rhino part, and Vor's pistol blueprint and nothing to build them with. I actually want the Rhino so I've been doing only Jackal runs 4-5 times a night for 4 days now but it always drops the helmet only and nothing else. If that keeps up, I can see myself dropping the game before I'm in week 3.

glaurung

The fact that Warframe is an almost perfect co-op F2P game makes me sad that very few of my friends actually own PS4s.

The game is also better thanks to having MAG available from the start and the leveling is accelerated compared to the PC version.

le.phat

Not exactly loving the RNG in the game so far. The only upgrade I've been able to build so far is some sword. Got blueprints for one Banshee part, 1 Rhino part, and Vor's pistol blueprint and nothing to build them with. I actually want the Rhino so I've been doing only Jackal runs 4-5 times a night for 4 days now but it always drops the helmet only and nothing else. If that keeps up, I can see myself dropping the game before I'm in week 3.

It's the luck of the draw man, i had it complete in 4 runs. Are you picking up Focus mods from your stalker runs ?

It kinda depends on what you have open in the map. The best place to farm X is usually in a high tier defense mission if you can tackle those. Going up to wave 20-25 in an approriate mission nets me usually 2-3 of the rare resource in the region (you can see the all the resources in the map) - for example doing Xini gets me Neurodes, or doing Paimon gets me Morphics.

If you can't tackle those, the next best place is a boss in an approriate region - Captain Vor for example has a chance to drop Morphics, and if you can run him fast, that's usually a good place to be, depending on the RNG :p

I tried to take on vor solo last night and by the time i get to him I'm having ammo issues... Any tips? Fastest way to beat him?

Carcetti

It's the luck of the draw man, i had it complete in 4 runs. Are you picking up Focus mods from your stalker runs ?

Not really. I don't get much mods either. 2 pistol mods so far, 4 rifle cards, couple of cards for frames I don't have, but tons of fusion cards and random affinity drops. And lots and lots of sword cards that increase crit chance for some reason.

Marvel

could never
Might seem like a silly question but I'm assuming there's no PhysX like particle effects on console? it really is pretty, can't play without it on my PC.

desverger

I tried to take on vor solo last night and by the time i get to him I'm having ammo issues... Any tips? Fastest way to beat him?

A high-rank Braton with an electric or freeze mod will rip straight through him. If you're having ammo troubles, either run with a group online or if playing solo, just run past the regular enemies (unless they lock the doors). Kind of depends if you have a good enough weapon to beat him solo.

A high-rank Braton with an electric or freeze mod will rip straight through him. If you're having ammo troubles, either run with a group online or if playing solo, just run past the regular enemies (unless they lock the doors). Kind of depends if you have a good enough weapon to beat him solo.

I rarely get drops for my primary gun

wsippel

Banned
Grimløck;92340514 said:

Is this normal?
Lighting and post effect parameters are randomized, so weird stuff like this can happen. I believe it got toned down on PC a while ago.

Mrcapcom

Thanks everyone in the NeoGaf Clan!
Finally got my Rhino this morning after 3 days of crafting smh lol
But had to go to work :-(

I'll be remote playing this at lunch though. Just to let u guys know there is Native Controls for Vita for remote play :)

Gaz_RB

Thanks everyone in the NeoGaf Clan!
Finally got my Rhino this morning after 3 days of crafting smh lol
But had to go to work :-(

I'll be remote playing this at lunch though. Just to let u guys know there is Native Controls for Vita for remote play :)

How do you change remote play controls? The left shoulder button being crouch and not aim is not working for me.

Mrcapcom

How do you change remote play controls? The left shoulder button being crouch and not aim is not working for me.

I don't believe you can change them. I'm just pointing out that it has the controls mapped specifically for the Vita. I wish Run wasn't the back touch pad. But if you find away to change stuff let me know :)

Mrcapcom

So I noticed I had 7 bucks left from the free credit for buying a PS4

I ended up buying Rival Schools Avatar pack and the 4.99 Platinum pack.

What should I buy? Is there a like price list you can look at online? Or are the wiki Plat prices accurate for PS4

Reaper has gotten me 3 tines over the past few days... Seems like there's not a lot you can do to stop him unless you are able to coordinate with your team...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
A quick question on upgrades, mods, or whatever else. Are they permanent on that item? Like if put the "Slash Dash" on my frame, can I remove it then, or are those points spent permanently and the item stuck on there forever?

I only ask because some MMOs like to make some random stuff permanent that then requires currency to change.

Mods can be removed/re-added and upgraded as much as you like as far as I know. Not sure about Aura mods, because I haven't gotten any yet but the standard ones can be swapped in and out.

Mod Question: Is there anyway to tell when a mod is maxed out? I have found that some of my more common mods do not benefit further from fusion at this point, but it's hard to remember which ones are capped so I can sell the new instances of it. . .

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I finally decided to drop some cash on Platinum and now have 198 to spend. I want to buy a Sentinel but am unsure as to which one I should go for. Suggestions? I'm kinda leading towards Dethcube purely for more Damage, but I'll take other suggestions.

Also, I accepted my GAF Clan invite last night, and now see I have a Clan Key I need to make. Does that mean I can't enter the Clan area until it's crafted?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
One more question, so, is the only way to unlock customisation colours by using real money to buy whatever that currency is at the top?

You have 4 revives per day per frame, after that a death is a forfeit. The starting melee weapon is notoriously bad, don't worry :p

I guess you mean wall run? Toggle sprint with L3 (edit: or whatever button, I'm in PS4 mode), run slightly towards the wall, hold jump, let go to jump off the wall. As for melee, try switching the "lock attacks to camera" option off. You can do a more powerful charge melee attack by holding the button for a second.

You have four revives per day. No penalties for using those. If you run out of revives and nobody else can revive you in time, you're out for the mission (and fail the mission if soloing or if the others die as well).

Yeah, I don't think anybody's disputing that. :p Apparently they're working on better tutorials. It's not really a story game, but there's a lore section in the menu and in Update 11 you can craft a codex device that allows you to play Pokemon Snap and get more data on the enemies.

Cheers guys for the info.

Grimløck;92340514 said:

Is this normal?

Happened to me on an early stage, the colours were all off, I thought maybe because I had played with the display options something had gone wrong, but it went back to normal after that mission.

Mods can be removed/re-added and upgraded as much as you like as far as I know. Not sure about Aura mods, because I haven't gotten any yet but the standard ones can be swapped in and out.

Cheers for this too, nothing is very well explained so far, lol.

NeOak

So I finally decided to drop some cash on Platinum and now have 198 to spend. I want to buy a Sentinel but am unsure as to which one I should go for. Suggestions? I'm kinda leading towards Dethcube purely for more Damage, but I'll take other suggestions.

Also, I accepted my GAF Clan invite last night, and now see I have a Clan Key I need to make. Does that mean I can't enter the Clan area until it's crafted?

Yeah, the key is needed to enter the clan dojo.

Top Bottom