• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

Got all the parts I needed last night. Nekros is cooking and when his 3 days are up, I'll be done working, perfect timing. Can't wait to play with galatine and Tigris.

frizby

Got all the parts I needed last night. Nekros is cooking and when his 3 days are up, I'll be done working, perfect timing. Can't wait to play with galatine and Tigris.

Nice. Congrats!

I've gotta say, the Nekros rework is really good. His shadows scale really well and are easier to maintain, terrify still scales perfectly, and desecrate is now basically automatic. I feel like I could effectively run him in some really high level content.

Amon37

After this first time I can say I do like this new relic system. Next time it'll be easier because even if i need to farm new relics I'll have time to have the max amount void traces saved up beforehand.

Edit: Older stuff maybe harder to get. I still need Spira Prime but how often am I going to get a 4 party of radiant relics going for that part versus the old way.

VandalD

I've never been much of a fan of Nekros, but his Desecrate change has turned that around. Now he's not just a loot bot. I still don't like the shadows that much. They barely seem to contribute any damage, they get in the way a lot, and people still seem to want to attack them even if they're bright purple. I also don't care for the long animation time and the health drain instead of timer. So I've been trying a build that almost completely ignores his 4, while also trying for as much tankiness as possible. So this is what I've been messing around with.

KK2mZAO.png
I essentially wanted a survivable Terrify and Desecrate build, and Terrify doesn't need much to be useful. Been working out great as a pure melee. Can channel constantly, especially once Zenurik is up and I don't feel the need to Terrify. Still need to take it into a sortie and see how it goes, though.

Edit: It would seem that robots don't feel fear. That's a problem in Corpus sorties. It's now feeling like I'd be better off all around switching out Rage and Quick Thinking for power strength and 4's augment anyway, even if I don't want to constantly have it up.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still torn on relics. It's good if you have rng luck with both getting relics and the drops you want. Good luck getting a full squad of the relics you need though. No one is running non-nekros stuff from alliance chat and as Amon37 said older relics are right out. Got plenty of ppl wanting to sell me nikana bp or booben chassis for 60+ plat but no one wants to run relics.

I've had bad luck too with getting one drop on the first try then getting like 5+ of that relic and at the same time going through 5+ radiant relics of stuff I still need. I really wish we could exchange relics or get multiple picks for endless missions. Something, anything to reduce the grin/rng like they keep saying.

I'm also a tad salty I spent like half my plat on hunhow's gift only for it to go sale like 3 days later.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I've found 2 axi T1 out of almost 70 relics gained. Went through 1 already. Only had 3 ppl too so worse odds. Spent 25 min trying to get a 4th. It's dead at night too last few days. I'm the only one on now and there's been 3 total msgs in 90 mins on alliance chat.

Think I'm gonna go watch a movie or something. Hurry up X-com 2.

Amon37

I've found 2 axi T1 out of almost 70 relics gained. Went through 1 already. Only had 3 ppl too so worse odds. Spent 25 min trying to get a 4th. It's dead at night too last few days. I'm the only one on now and there's been 3 total msgs in 90 mins on alliance chat.

I work the night shift so on my days off I'm on from 2200 pst-0500 pst. I usually change my region to North America east even though I'm on the west coast because the west is dead at night as well as far as recruiting tab.

frizby

I've never been much of a fan of Nekros, but his Desecrate change has turned that around. Now he's not just a loot bot. I still don't like the shadows that much. They barely seem to contribute any damage, they get in the way a lot, and people still seem to want to attack them even if they're bright purple. I also don't care for the long animation time and the health drain instead of timer. So I've been trying a build that almost completely ignores his 4, while also trying for as much tankiness as possible. So this is what I've been messing around with.

I essentially wanted a survivable Terrify and Desecrate build, and Terrify doesn't need much to be useful. Been working out great as a pure melee. Can channel constantly, especially once Zenurik is up and I don't feel the need to Terrify. Still need to take it into a sortie and see how it goes, though.

Edit: It would seem that robots don't feel fear. That's a problem in Corpus sorties. It's now feeling like I'd be better off all around switching out Rage and Quick Thinking for power strength and 4's augment anyway, even if I don't want to constantly have it up.

My build:

Equilibrium and Despoil
Energy Conversion and Health Conversion (crazy armor buff and power/health for shadows)
Shield of Shadows (42% damage reduction and distraction...along with some bonus damage)
Primed Continuity (for shadows)
Stretch
Redirection (counterintuitive but his shields are much bigger and Despoil keeps equilibrium and health conversion going)
Power Drift (just a better mod than cunning as a percentage and with knockdown resist. Also plays nicely with energy conversion)

I basically just keep shadows up and desecrate on and tank. I really only use Terrify to revive people, and I prefer him as a solo or survival frame so that only comes up so often. And I actually like him better against corpus, because you seem to always have a negator bubble and a shield osprey on your team.

frizby

If you ever need me to radiant a relic, I'm happy to do it, and I think others will figure out that's the new thing to do as we go forward. Because relics never change, there's no longer a reason to hoard them. Surprised it took you so long to put together a group for a new part. I'd understand for older stuff.

On an entirely unrelated note, and in case I'm not the only one who missed the memo, there's a pack of kavat/kubrow colors in the market for credits.

VariantX

Anyone doing some relic farming later tonight? Ive been flying through some of these old prime parts ive been trying to get lately and I'm pretty low-ish on Neo relics and really low on Axi relics.

VariantX

Mainly nekros, saryn, and vauban parts. Been able to complete a few other primes this week and I'm probably going to need to start making sets to sell at trade since I'm starting to run low on plat anyway from me buying cosmetics and slots

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I have some nekros relics. Some for saryn too. I know I have a full set, not sure if I have any extra parts. Need the vauban chasis myself. And odanata wings but I'll get those whenever.

Citizen K

Ok, it's been a loooong time since I played this. A little overwhelmed when I jumped back in.

When you loadout your frame, don't u choose what powers you want and don't want anymore?

Any tips for custom ps4 control scheme layout? Wondering if I should put jump on a shoulder button like I did for overwatch.

frizby

Ok, it's been a loooong time since I played this. A little overwhelmed when I jumped back in.

When you loadout your frame, don't u choose what powers you want and don't want anymore?

Any tips for custom ps4 control scheme layout? Wondering if I should put jump on a shoulder button like I did for overwatch.

The powers are all built into the frames now. They unlock and level up as you level the frame...a much better system IMO.

It can be overwhelming at first, but I feel like they've done a good job giving the game a more logical progression system, so I think you'll figure everything out as you progress through the solar system. We also have a number of people in the clan who would likely be willing to help you via party chat, myself included.

Citizen K

The powers are all built into the frames now. They unlock and level up as you level the frame...a much better system IMO.

It can be overwhelming at first, but I feel like they've done a good job giving the game a more logical progression system, so I think you'll figure everything out as you progress through the solar system. We also have a number of people in the clan who would likely be willing to help you via party chat, myself included.

Thanks, any tips on controls? Did you leave yours on default? It seems you can't aim your powers as you have to take your thumb off the right stuck to use powers. Or does it not really matter?

bLaiSe

Thanks, any tips on controls? Did you leave yours on default? It seems you can't aim your powers as you have to take your thumb off the right stuck to use powers. Or does it not really matter?
Just bind your powers to the dpad and it's sorted. I also bound the use last ability to R3 for spammable powers. I can't use alternate fire weapons this way though, but I never do anyway...

frizby

Just bind your powers to the dpad and it's sorted. I also bound the use last ability to R3 for spammable powers. I can't use alternate fire weapons this way though, but I never do anyway...

I also map powers to the dpad. I like the swipe controls quite a bit, but they now have three frames that you kind of need a button for (Inaros, Vauban, Ivara). I map my sprint to R3 because I don't like having to press a stick that I already have tilted. I think I started with the classic control scheme, and I have the old school R1 melee with circle as my alt fire.

I turn off most effects (bloom etc.), and I pull the camera back as far as I can.

Citizen K

I used to love playing as Loki. So thought I'd like to get the prime version. But he's in a vault? So now they lock away warframes and you can no longer get them? Cos that would really suck.

VandalD

I used to love playing as Loki. So thought I'd like to get the prime version. But he's in a vault? So now they lock away warframes and you can no longer get them? Cos that would really suck.
They vault prime warframes and weapons, and Loki was the second most recent, I believe. So yeah, Loki Prime (and the stuff that came out with him) won't be farmable for a long time. You can still trade for him, but it's gonna be really damn expensive. If it makes you feel better, the prime versions of warframes don't tend to be huge upgrades, if they have better stats at all.

Nyx just recently got vaulted as well, and Ember should be the next one coming out of the vault. Nova is next to be vaulted, but that shouldn't be happening soon.

They used to say that they vaulted stuff to keep the drop tables small and clean, which is a load of garbage. The void drop tables used to be horrible. It's pretty apparent that the real reason they vault stuff is to make huge amounts of money for Prime Access and Vault Access.

My build:

Equilibrium and Despoil
Energy Conversion and Health Conversion (crazy armor buff and power/health for shadows)
Shield of Shadows (42% damage reduction and distraction...along with some bonus damage)
Primed Continuity (for shadows)
Stretch
Redirection (counterintuitive but his shields are much bigger and Despoil keeps equilibrium and health conversion going)
Power Drift (just a better mod than cunning as a percentage and with knockdown resist. Also plays nicely with energy conversion)

I basically just keep shadows up and desecrate on and tank. I really only use Terrify to revive people, and I prefer him as a solo or survival frame so that only comes up so often. And I actually like him better against corpus, because you seem to always have a negator bubble and a shield osprey on your team.
I've largely stopped using Redirection, unless I'm doing a Hijack and not bringing Inaros. Shields just feel like a really weak mechanic right now. But yeah, that looks like a good build. I just didn't want to depend on shadows very much, but I've found they're necessary while soloing sorties at least. I've really come to like Creeping Terrify, it's just too bad its base range is pitiful. It needs all the range it can get.

frizby

Fwiw, Loki would be pretty cheap to buy the parts for. I'm not really sure why, because I could make a case for him being the best frame in the game. He just isn't that popular. I'd guess you could get a full set for 100p or so. Rhino Prime is 150-200. Mag is prob 80-90. Not sure about Nyx. Frost and Ember are over 900.

I'd guess that you probably have some valuable vaulted stuff, but don't sell anything without knowing good pricing. Happy to help if needed. I was surprised to see how easy it was to sell Reaper Prime sets for 350 as an example.

I also occasionally sell plat on the cheap to neogaf clan guys. Pm if you need any...or a clan invite.

Wowbagger

Fwiw, Loki would be pretty cheap to buy the parts for. I'm not really sure why, because I could make a case for him being the best frame in the game. He just isn't that popular. I'd guess you could get a full set for 100p or so. Rhino Prime is 150-200. Mag is prob 80-90. Not sure about Nyx. Frost and Ember are over 900.

Loki was also relatively easy to farm. Only rare part was the systems and that regularly went for as low as 20-30 plat. I got almost 70 sets. For once, I'm waiting for a vaulted prime's price to rise, and it seems I picked the wrong prime. ("Surely, no one will ever pay more than 50 for a piece of junk like Reaper Prime. Might as well sell that right away!" Sigh.)

Citizen K

I'd guess that you probably have some valuable vaulted stuff, but don't sell anything without knowing good pricing. Happy to help if needed. I was surprised to see how easy it was to sell Reaper Prime sets for 350 as an example.

I also occasionally sell plat on the cheap to neogaf clan guys. Pm if you need any...or a clan invite.

Thanks! I used to be in a clan but it's dead now. I'm guessing neogaf one is pretty active?

Not sure on my inventory but I'll be sure to ask here if I have anything that may be valuable. Think I have frost prime part(s).

I used to love playing as Loki, he was my favourite. I remember I had a build where he was pretty much perma invisible and wreaking havoc with a galatine. Good times...

frizby

Thanks! I used to be in a clan but it's dead now. I'm guessing neogaf one is pretty active?

Not sure on my inventory but I'll be sure to ask here if I have anything that may be valuable. Think I have frost prime part(s).

If you have a frost set, you're in business. Same for Ember. If you have a BP for either, you're in good shape there too.

The neogaf clan has been going since the ps4 launch and I'd say we're pretty active. We also have a good alliance. Just need your PSN for invite, and you'd have to clear out of your old clan.

Citizen K

If you have a frost set, you're in business. Same for Ember. If you have a BP for either, you're in good shape there too.

The neogaf clan has been going since the ps4 launch and I'd say we're pretty active. We also have a good alliance. Just need your PSN for invite, and you'd have to clear out of your old clan.

Just looked at my inventory. I have the following items which I checked in the wiki as being in the vault:

Ankyros Prime BP x2, blade x2
Boar Prime BP, receiver
Boltor Prime BP, barrel x7, receiver x2, stock x2
Ember Prime BP x4, chassis x7, neuroptics x4
Frost Prime BP x4, chassis
Glaive Prime BP, blade, disc x2
Latron Prime receiver x6, barrel x2, stock x2
Mag Prime BP x3, chassis x3, neuroptics
Reaper Prime BP x3, handle x2
Rhino Prime BP, systems x6
Sicarus Prime BP, barrel x3, receiver

This stuff worth anything? Or maybe I should try and complete some of the sets?

Amon37

If anyone is on when I am and has an extra power drift and wants to trade or something let me know.

Also if anyone has the new loka side of syndicates I need some of those archwing weapon pieces. I'll post a list when I get on tonight.

VariantX

The ash deluxe skin was just revealed. Let it be known. It is sick. It might make me not only play ash, but buy the skin itself.

frizby

Just looked at my inventory. I have the following items which I checked in the wiki as being in the vault:

Ankyros Prime BP x2, blade x2
Boar Prime BP, receiver
Boltor Prime BP, barrel x7, receiver x2, stock x2
Ember Prime BP x4, chassis x7, neuroptics x4
Frost Prime BP x4, chassis
Glaive Prime BP, blade, disc x2
Latron Prime receiver x6, barrel x2, stock x2
Mag Prime BP x3, chassis x3, neuroptics
Reaper Prime BP x3, handle x2
Rhino Prime BP, systems x6
Sicarus Prime BP, barrel x3, receiver

This stuff worth anything? Or maybe I should try and complete some of the sets?

Yup, you've got some good stuff!

The frost and ember BPs are worth at least 300 each. Or if you want to work some trades with me to make full sets, you'd make a bit more. I've been selling sets in the 950 range. I'm pretty sure we could set you up with 2 full sets of each.

Ditto the reaper. The blade is the rare piece, but I'm short BPs. Bet we could work something out. Sets sell for 350.

You have full Boltor sets, but I don't know what they're worth. I'd guess at least 250. Same for Glaive.

I think I could help you complete a boar set and maybe some mag sets.

Edit: I looked at my inventory, and I can definitely help if you want to meet up. I can help you complete a bunch of sets (Ember, Reaper, Glaive, Mag, Rhino), and sets are easier to sell and are worth much more. My reputation should be solid here. Will help and won't rip you off. Or if you'd rather just sell frost and ember stuff I'll buy outright.

Amon37

The frost and ember BPs are worth at least 300 each. Or if you want to work some trades with me to make full sets, you'd make a bit more. I've been selling sets in the 950 range. I'm pretty sure we could set you up with 2 full sets of each.

Ditto the reaper. The blade is the rare piece, but I'm short BPs. Bet we could work something out. Sets sell for 350.

You have full Boltor sets, but I don't know what they're worth. I'd guess at least 250. Same for Glaive..

I have 3 ember sets and 1 reaper set you mean I'm sitting on like 2k plat here?! I have like 5 boltor sets too. Ugh I hate the trade channel though

No ingame model yet? Concept art looks nice.
jDm9T9J.png

I think I have an extra power drift.

Wow, I'm throwing plat at the screen..lmao

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I have a frost set and 75-80% of current (and some vaulted) sets for prime gear plus mods etc but I've never bothered with trade chat.

This game really needs a system like ebay where I just set an initial price maybe a buyout option and have listing I can scroll through to compare prices.

Current system is like Diablo 2 1.09 days, minus the hammerdins and spam bots lol

frizby

I have 3 ember sets and 1 reaper set you mean I'm sitting on like 2k plat here?! I have like 5 boltor sets too. Ugh I hate the trade channel though

Over 3K actually.

Trade chat can be a hive of scum and villainy, but as long as you have stuff people want and have set prices, it isn't too bad. It also helps if you know how to copy and paste text in trade chat. Here's your message, and just paste in trade chat between levels you're playing:

WTS [Ember Prime] 950p or [Reaper Prime] 350p

Don't even answer lower offers.

Citizen K

You have full Boltor sets, but I don't know what they're worth. I'd guess at least 250. Same for Glaive.

I think I could help you complete a boar set and maybe some mag sets.

Edit: I looked at my inventory, and I can definitely help if you want to meet up. I can help you complete a bunch of sets (Ember, Reaper, Glaive, Mag, Rhino), and sets are easier to sell and are worth much more. My reputation should be solid here. Will help and won't rip you off. Or if you'd rather just sell frost and ember stuff I'll buy outright.

Thanks for the help! Yeah i think it would be best to try and complete some sets. Can't believe i have some stuff that will sell for loads of platinum! I used to sell stuff here and there but we're taking tens of platinum not hundreds, or thousands!

What did u have in mind? Trades? Anything in mind to start with?

frizby

Thanks for the help! Yeah i think it would be best to try and complete some sets. Can't believe i have some stuff that will sell for loads of platinum! I used to sell stuff here and there but we're taking tens of platinum not hundreds, or thousands!

What did u have in mind? Trades? Anything in mind to start with?

What I'd like ideally is 2 Ember BPs and a Reaper BP, which is worth about 700p individually but will complete sets for me.

For that I'd give:

Ankyros Prime gauntlet x2 (completing a set)
Boltor Prime BP (completing a set)
Ember Prime systems x2 (completing 2 sets)
Frost Prime sytems and neuroptics (completing a set)(i'm also short chassis, or I'd do more)
Glaive Prime blade (completing a set)
Latron Prime BP x2 (completing 2 sets)
Reaper Prime blade x2 (completing 2 sets)

All together probably worth a bit less than yours, but not much. If you want to even it up, I'd probably throw in a Loki set for a gaffer.

The 2 Ember, Frost, and 2 Reaper sets will sell easily and should net you around 3500 plat. The rest, I'm fuzzy on pricing and may take longer to sell, but I'd assume another 600-800p minimum. Your three remaining Frost BPs are worth 300-400 each, and I'd buy 2 at 300 each as a separate deal.

If that works, let me know what time would be good for some trading or send a note to my PSN (frizby). Also need to know your mastery rank for number of trades available. I'd need at least 3 trades to get you everything...4 if you want the Loki. And if you want a clan invite, I need your PSN. :)

Also open to feedback from others. Want to make sure I'm being fair, erring on the side of generous.

BigAl1992

Has anyone been having any problem with the objectives for the junctions not being listed as complete? I can't unlock the Europa and Uranus junctions because at least one of each objective is not being registered as complete, even though I've already done it in game (Craft a Warframe spectre for Europa, and Craft a Mastery Rank 1 or higher weapon for Uranus) . After that, I'm enjoying the new update and the new prime drop system with the void relics, but I'm going nowhere fast with the junctions not working as intended.

Cmagus

Is this game cross play with PC? I mostly play on PS4 but a friend of mine is getting it on PC is it possible to use my character on PC then back on PS4 as well?

Wowbagger

Has anyone been having any problem with the objectives for the junctions not being listed as complete? I can't unlock the Europa and Uranus junctions because at least one of each objective is not being registered as complete, even though I've already done it in game (Craft a Warframe spectre for Europa, and Craft a Mastery Rank 1 or higher weapon for Uranus) .

You have to do it all post-patch.

VariantX

What I'd like ideally is 2 Ember BPs and a Reaper BP, which is worth about 700p individually but will complete sets for me.

For that I'd give:

Ankyros Prime gauntlet x2 (completing a set)
Boltor Prime BP (completing a set)
Ember Prime systems x2 (completing 2 sets)
Frost Prime sytems and neuroptics (completing a set)(i'm also short chassis, or I'd do more)
Glaive Prime blade (completing a set)
Latron Prime BP x2 (completing 2 sets)
Reaper Prime blade x2 (completing 2 sets)

All together probably worth a bit less than yours, but not much. If you want to even it up, I'd probably throw in a Loki set for a gaffer.

The 2 Ember, Frost, and 2 Reaper sets will sell easily and should net you around 3500 plat. The rest, I'm fuzzy on pricing and may take longer to sell, but I'd assume another 600-800p minimum. Your three remaining Frost BPs are worth 300-400 each, and I'd buy 2 at 300 each as a separate deal.

If that works, let me know what time would be good for some trading or send a note to my PSN (frizby). Also need to know your mastery rank for number of trades available. I'd need at least 3 trades to get you everything...4 if you want the Loki. And if you want a clan invite, I need your PSN. :)

Also open to feedback from others. Want to make sure I'm being fair, erring on the side of generous.

Holy shit Reaper is worth that much? Ive been sitting on a reaper set forever.

frizby

Holy shit Reaper is worth that much? Ive been sitting on a reaper set forever.

Yeah, I sold a couple of sets for 150 before I knew. They sell surprisingly quickly at 350 too! The Blade is apparently the rare piece, but I'm short BPs for whatever reason.

-Digits-

Yeah I have a frost set and 75-80% of current (and some vaulted) sets for prime gear plus mods etc but I've never bothered with trade chat.

This game really needs a system like ebay where I just set an initial price maybe a buyout option and have listing I can scroll through to compare prices.

Current system is like Diablo 2 1.09 days, minus the hammerdins and spam bots lol

You can try warframe.market. You can list stuff there, set your price and I have found that people will contact you and with little to no haggling. It supports both PC and console versions.

Edit: looking through the site again, it looks like it may only support the PC version nowadays. I haven't used the site in a while, last time it still had console listings.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah there's no site for ps4. I'll just use the official forums if I ever make a huge lot to sell. Or the trade community.

Went through 6 radiants in a row for vauban chassis, 9+ total now, nothing >.>

Grinding out void traces is so dull...

I wish relic refinement amounted to item re-rolls at mission end rather than spending on invisible and intangible odds manipulation. There's no sense of action to refining a relic, and its probably even more disappointing to have a refined relic reveal a common item than to have a generic void key mission return a common.

A re-roll wouldn't necessarily change all that much, but it would make refinement into a tangible thing.

Still coming to grips with the relic system, and how I can work it into the rhythm of playing. I do think the idea of bringing your own drop table to the party is brilliant. But in execution it feels a little clunky so far.

frizby

Went through 6 radiants in a row for vauban chassis, 9+ total now, nothing >.>

Grinding out void traces is so dull...

Running with all 4 radiants? If so, that seems like extraordinarily bad luck.

I wish relic refinement amounted to item re-rolls at mission end rather than spending on invisible and intangible odds manipulation. There's no sense of action to refining a relic, and its probably even more disappointing to have a refined relic reveal a common item than to have a generic void key mission return a common.

A re-roll wouldn't necessarily change all that much, but it would make refinement into a tangible thing.

Still coming to grips with the relic system, and how I can work it into the rhythm of playing. I do think the idea of bringing your own drop table to the party is brilliant. But in execution it feels a little clunky so far.

Interesting approach, except that you teammates might want your first roll. Not sure how that would work.

For people like us who have been around for a long time and are mostly farming for newer stuff, I think the new system is great. For players who are starting now, I'm not really sure how easy it would be to put 4 radiants together for an old prime.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I think 2 maybe 3 were 3-radiant, 1-flawless but otherwise yeah :/

Gone through 5 all radiants for gally p handle too with nothing.

Top Bottom