• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
You need to clear the mars to earth junction for the void relic segment. Check the descriptions on both planets it'll show the segment in rewards at the bottom.

The infested junk has been there for a bit I think.

VariantX

I'm officially in love with this new rewards system. I've had more progress towards some primes in a single day within a few hours of me attempting to grind than I've had with months of grinding. And I have literally not even attempted to group up with folks for focused farming I imagine It would be yielding even greater results within a couple of hours. Seems like the RNG has shifted to the keys/relics more than the loot table itself.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I've made 4 radiant axi (??) (the nikana bp/akstilletto barrel one) used 2 got the common drop, did a random pub match with an unranked relic and got a barrel. Seems like a massive time investment plus losing your relic either way. Getting the near the minimum amount of void traces every run too doesn't help. I dunno we'll see how it works out. I only need a few prime parts so it's hard to judge.

Once Nekros is out and we all start from scratch I think it'll be more clear how much time/grind is in this new system.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Had pretty decent luck getting kavat DNA tonight. 10 in 8-9 ODE runs. Got a couple double roles though. Doesn't seem like 12.5% so far. Got enough for another kitty after my Adarza matures in ~10hrs.

Anyone have imprints of the Smeeta and need the other kind?

Also not sure how the fragments work on the derelict. Said I got lephantis 1 twice then said codex complete but it's not in the actual codex. Maybe I need to do other types of missions?

Oh also if anyone needs archwing parts from red veil and has suda/arbiters I need the cyngas barrel(hexis) and cyngas receiver(suda).

VandalD

Had pretty decent luck getting kavat DNA tonight. 10 in 8-9 ODE runs. Got a couple double roles though. Doesn't seem like 12.5% so far. Got enough for another kitty after my Adarza matures in ~10hrs.

Anyone have imprints of the Smeeta and need the other kind?

Also not sure how the fragments work on the derelict. Said I got lephantis 1 twice then said codex complete but it's not in the actual codex. Maybe I need to do other types of missions?
Glad they increased the drop rate from when that first came out. Went 5 runs with no DNA at that time and just gave up on it.

Were you using Helios, by chance? I heard there was a bug on PC where if you and Helios scan a fragment, the counter bugs out and doesn't let you get the last one. Console might've gotten the version where that's not fixed yet.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Well shit l think I was. I mean I read all the fragment when it was out on pc so I know the lore/story but that's kinda lame. Oh well.

frizby

I finally got the alliance sorted. Some other clan had used the "NeoGAF" name, and it was causing problems with alliance invites. It took a while, but DE fixed it.

The new alliance is Stalkers of Hunhow, and I expect it to be a much better community for getting relic groups and raid groups together. 50+ clans and a much more helpful vibe. They have multiple PSN communities that you can join through my PSN profile, including a trading community.

Doubt I need to say it, but best behavior in the alliance tab please. :)

Amon37

Just looked at the latest PC stuff? Now they went and whacked fusion cores and mod fusions? I'm glad it won't be that soon on consoles tonight is my first time going to mess with relics instead of keys. The only I'm noticing off the bat is that remembering T4surv seems more intuitive that AxiNeoV2 or whatever they are named now.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
They also changed excavation/survival drop tables so they no longer give guaranteed keys/relics at rot b and filled them with mods instead. Cuz that's totally what we need more serrations and hornet strikes. Nekros relics? Not for you!

Caim

About to reinstall this, it's been awhile since I've played but I've been wanting to get back into this after seeing all the new stuff thats out.

I reinstalled this again after two years. The new changes since then are really nice. Is ps4 gaf clan still up? Can I get an invite to manzaplus on psn please?

Wowbagger

Derelict survival seems like a pretty good place to farm relics atm. Did a 40 minute run yesterday and got a relic almost every five minutes (couple 3 R5 core bundles as well).

Amon37

First time playing since the update. Got the segment from the junction, got the 10 gene fragments so the incubator is cooking. I tried a fissure mission. I was low level so seemed really easy. Haven't tried new archwing yet.

So other then argon crystals is there any reason to do the void missions now?

Also does refining a relic increase the percentage of getting the rarest rewards?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
The new a archwing controls are not good imo.

Yeah argon is pretty much the only reason to do void now.

Upgrading does increase the bottom 2 rare drops of a relic by decreasing the top common drops but it hasn't made much difference for me yet. Void traces can be anywhere from 6 to 30 usually closer to the former. I've gone through 6 radiant axis v1 relics looking for akstilleto barrels and nikana p bp. Got one barrel and it's not the rarest drop. Got my other barrel from an unranked relic. Went rhrough 4 radiant a1 for vauban chassis got common drop every time.

If you can get a full squad with all radiant I'm sure it'll improve your odds but I'm not sure the increased grind in this new system will offset the rng present.

I'm kinda bored of grinding tears already tbh. Having to start from scratch when new shit comes out and the constant stream of nerfs while ignoring bugs and balancing, adding time gates and reduced focus/syndicate xp etc just reeks of a cynical attempt to increase play time/reduce progress and drive up plat sales. They must be bleeding player base.

frizby

Just looked at the latest PC stuff? Now they went and whacked fusion cores and mod fusions? I'm glad it won't be that soon on consoles tonight is my first time going to mess with relics instead of keys. The only I'm noticing off the bat is that remembering T4surv seems more intuitive that AxiNeoV2 or whatever they are named now.

Playing different tilesets though. Makes all the difference IMO.

I reinstalled this again after two years. The new changes since then are really nice. Is ps4 gaf clan still up? Can I get an invite to manzaplus on psn please?

Sent. Welcome!

Its crazy how much this game still manages to surprise me after all this time.

Played an Infested Spy mission for some Nitain last night. Had no idea what to expect from an infested spy mission first off, and my go to for Spy missions are usually the frames that can't really take much of a hit much less the melee/toxin mosh pit that infested missions can easily become.

But we went in with Limbo and Loki and had a blast. Loki would go on point in stealth and I'd provide sniper support from behind with a perfectly tuned one-shot-one-kill-silenced-Vectis with metal auger to shoot through the glass observation windows. If things got technical (laser walls and parkour/timing challenges) I'd banish us both, and for the final push Loki would go both invisible and rift-walking to reach the hack point for the win.

I love the combinations you can build in this game. And still love my Limbo.

Also, I've been on a bit of a break so I'm still getting a handle on all the starmap and relic stuff. Was surprised to see that I have a bunch of locked out areas in the Void, and that the levels we played still had the same mix of enemy types - would've expected more considering there are corrupted versions of literally everything now.

Oh and one question: On the new star map - how can you tell which planets have which resources? Did they just remove that entirely from the UI? How are you supposed to know where to get Orokin cells or Rubedo or whatever?

Hit r3 on a planet and it'll pop up with the extractor menu. Dunno why it's hidden like that now.
Ahh, that makes a strange kind of sense. Thanks.

The only reason I didn't try that was that I thought the button would just deploy an extractor right away, not go to a separate menu.

Definitely a backwards move in terms of UI.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm officially in love with this new rewards system. I've had more progress towards some primes in a single day within a few hours of me attempting to grind than I've had with months of grinding. And I have literally not even attempted to group up with folks for focused farming I imagine It would be yielding even greater results within a couple of hours. Seems like the RNG has shifted to the keys/relics more than the loot table itself.
Yeah I personally love it, but I hope they keep improving it.

I'm shocked at the amount of people in the official forums that love grinding those endless void missions. That was such a monotonous and boring grind. If the part you wanted was in rotation C in Survival that was a minimum of 20 minutes of your life you are trading away for a chance of getting the prime part you wanted.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I agree endless wasn't fun at times esp if you had bad rng but I think most ppl's issue is not so much the change or lack of challenge as it is the amount of time/grind required to get and refine relics. Esp given the lack of rewards compared to the old system.

With the old system if I had 50 T3 ext I can run them back to back till i got my nikana bp. Now I need to find a relic(for new stuff or if you run out), refine it, get a squad together, and run them.

This wouldn't be as much of an issue if DE made relics like keys instead of adding new ones or didn't nerf/change drop rates for excavation/survival(right before said new relics no less) or if the max % chance for rare radiant was >10% etc etc.

What am I going to do with my 60+ relics for mag/boar etc besides farm and sell them? Why gate progress so much or make us wait or pay? I know it's f2p but they've really pushed ppl to play more or pay with every update last year or so.

This was one of the few thing I liked about vanilla destiny. I could log on teus do the nightfall/weekly/raid and be basically done for the week. I didn't have to unlock shit or wait for the right time I could do it whenever.

I know devs push this cuz we play the "wrong way" in a pretense at balance but I've never liked that. It ruined pve for destiny and I don't think ppl having a leg up cuz their vets is a big deal. If I blow through you're content in a day/week and complain you should ignore me or point out I had a head start and to pace myself or find something else to do while I wait but due to being f2p they're terrified of lost revenue so they push the game in a certain direction.

Now that being said I like the way in general they approach content and the new stuff like fragments, quests, kitties etc it's just the way the balance things by nerfing whats popular be that frames, gear or nodes. I get they don't want power creep/an arms race but ffs plz balance enemies before listening to these ppl who complain they can't waste 5 hrs in a t4 int with 6+ formaed everything. These ppl are all about e-peen or being trade sharks and controlling the market they are not the majority they just wine the most/loudest.

frizby

What am I going to do with my 60+ relics for mag/boar etc besides farm and sell them?

I need to see some confirmation that it works this way.

My assumption was that the drop tables on your relics would change as things are vaulted, just like they did with keys.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member

VariantX

I need to see some confirmation that it works this way.

My assumption was that the drop tables on your relics would change as things are vaulted, just like they did with keys.

Im pretty sure vaulted relics stay in your inventory, you simply cant get any new ones of that kind anymore as they're replaced by the new relics in the drop tables.

frizby

Jesus that's dumb. It's almost like they're trying to upset veteran players. And the market for relics is gonna be intensely stupid.

Amon37

Wait,so I have to farm all new relics for nekros?
I sure as hell ain't refining them all.

Also is there a way to center your self in the new archwing? It's giving me motion sickness now.

frizby

Wait,so I have to farm all new relics for nekros?
I sure as hell ain't refining them all.

It looks that way. It kind of reminds me of when Nova Prime came out. One of her pieces was in T4Sab, which was a new mode at the time, so you had to get a group of four together, farm a key, and then run all four keys because nobody had them coming in.

As long as you get 4 people together, it shouldn't be so bad.

Jesus that's dumb. It's almost like they're trying to upset veteran players. And the market for relics is gonna be intensely stupid.

I suspect the move is more to make everyone have to grind things out again, tempt them with key packs or platinum purchases. Veteran players don't matter as much as the newer players who might take the Prime Access shortcut.

FWIW on PC, I'm finding Relic drops to be quite often in the upper level endless missions now that the drop tables have been fixed. Plus if you get a group together who all has refined relics, it really shouldn't take that long to get the new parts. There will likely be some relics that have the new prime parts in the common part of the table too.

Just remember you can grind Traces without a key on any of the fissure nodes. I'd play solo for that because I've met some real pissy people when you don't have a relic.

Amon37

It looks that way. It kind of reminds me of when Nova Prime came out. One of her pieces was in T4Sab, which was a new mode at the time, so you had to get a group of four together, farm a key, and then run all four keys because nobody had them coming in.

As long as you get 4 people together, it shouldn't be so bad.

But before you got 4 tries with 4 keys. Has anyone done the math to see the percentages with 4 relics and one mission versus 4 keys and 4 missions?

But before you got 4 tries with 4 keys. Has anyone done the math to see the percentages with 4 relics and one mission versus 4 keys and 4 missions?

This is pretty close.

tl;dr if you're farming for one particular rare part, and everyone is using Radiant versions, you have a 34.4% chance of getting the item on a particular run. Compared to the 2% chance you had with a single key, it's a stupidly big improvement on the chance of getting that rare part. In fact just playing with one radiant relic itself (2% -> 10%) is a 400% overall drop chance improvement AND you're reducing the chances of a common drop. Plus, on most missions, your time to complete is way, way shorter than anything that the Void ever had other than exterminate.

The interesting part is that while this sounds like a good thing, in practice you still need ~11 runs, which means 11 relics at Radiant level. So the chances are certainly much better in the new system, you'll have to farm those 11 relics and the traces if you want to buff up your drop chances.

Now it's not exactly hard to farm traces, you get them just doing the relic runs normally. Even the lowest level still nets you 10-20 traces without a relic. It's just going to be more difficult to farm out the parts sequentially, doing the same thing over and over.

frizby

You still get four drops though. It's just quicker.

One thing I'd suggest is whenever an excavation rift "alert" comes up, the clan should team up and run it for relics and void traces.

Amon37

Thanks for all the information, so basically I'm farming traces instead of running the same key over and over, which is ok considering the runs are much faster and varied.

frizby

Thanks for all the information, so basically I'm farming traces instead of running the same key over and over, which is ok considering the runs are much faster and varied.

Not really. Traces will come as you run random relics for common and uncommon parts.

The farming is for relics.

frizby

I'm not sure this update was done in precisely the way I would have preferred, but overall, this was the least grindy and overall easiest prime farm to date. I'd chalk it up to being lucky, but I know at least a couple others in the clan have completed the set as well.

Amon37

I don't know, with having to farm the relics and the traces I feel like it's more lengthy. I spent 8 solid hours playing last night, and only came away with a galantine blade, I have no clue how you got a whole nekros set in one day.

frizby

I don't know, with having to farm the relics and the traces I feel like it's more lengthy. I spent 8 solid hours playing last night, and only came away with a galantine blade, I have no clue how you got a whole nekros set in one day.

Got all 3 actually, and it was pretty easy. Farm the relics, radiant when applicable, group up with other radiants, win.

I don't really think of the traces as farming. You run for all the common drops that don't require radiant, and you'll get enough traces to radiant the rare drops.

As for relics, excavations are where it's at, especially when they show up in the rift. Just go for quantity. The only relic I had to seek out was the Neo N3.

The problem is the rest of the clan is clueless Friz, you got everything , cool for you, but other members (myself incluyed) dont know what to do

frizby

The problem is the rest of the clan is clueless Friz, you got everything , cool for you, but other members (myself incluyed) dont know what to do

I don't know how to summarize any better than I just did. :( If folks need tips, I'm always happy to help.

My first tip would be to farm relics, and don't even worry about which ones you're getting. Just accumulate. Run excavation on Mars for Lith and Meso and excavation on Pluto for Neo and Axi. They're also great spots for leveling stuff or cranking out syndicate rep (for yet more relics).

Second tip: only radiant for rares, not uncommons, and always match relics with your squad when you're looking for something specific. It's super easy to put a group together in recruiting and alliance chat.

Third: any time there's an excavation rift, run the shit out of it. Relics drop like crazy in those things, and you'll get some traces and a random prime part as a bonus.

Ephesos

Neo Member
Started this Saturday and i'm pretty hooked :eek:
The somewhat floaty movement needs some getting used to, but after that i like it a lot.
Archwing rush missions are pure trash tho ....
If there is still room in the gaf-clan, an invite would be nice <3

PSN: Aeon-Ephesos

Actually Friz, Radianting for Uncommon drops is not a bad idea since doing so drops the Common chance down. Also if you get a rare instead of the Uncommon you can just sell it for plat and get the thing you actually want.

The stuff is explained pretty well if you take the time to read up on the new systems and Friz did fine covering the basics.

frizby

Summary bears repeating: Farm the relics, radiant when applicable, group up with other radiants, win.

If there is still room in the gaf-clan, an invite would be nice <3

PSN: Aeon-Ephesos

Anyone in the clan can invite, but I'll send one when I get home if nobody beats me to it.

Edit: sent

Actually Friz, Radianting for Uncommon drops is not a bad idea since doing so drops the Common chance down.

Sure, but with this release all of the uncommons were pretty common keys, and I needed the traces anyway, so 3-4 runs wasn't a problem.

Amon37

2 more Tigris parts last night. Still batting zero on nekros parts, haven't touched galantine since getting the blade. I've been rocking hiercon but no Axi T1's yet (Tigris BP).

VandalD

Not in any rush to get the Tigris. I used the original and don't like how it plays. Have yet to trade for the Sancti, but I still don't think I'd like it much. I prefer to give 'em Hek.

Galatine Prime is pretty great though. Tad slow for me, but it does get the job done.

Anybody else running into the problem where you're never given the chance to equip a relic when invited into a void tear mission?

This has happened for me maybe half of the time. At first I thought it was because I hadn't yet constructed the relic terminal on the ship, but it still happens from time to time afterwards. In a private group its been 50/50 where only the player who selects the mission gets to choose their relic. But this can happen even when joining public groups - and even at the start of the mission.

Not really finding anything helpful from Google-fu-ing this, and its really taking the wind out of our sails when it comes to running relic missions.

Anybody else run this into this or maybe know any workarounds?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I've only had that when someone starts the timer and I don't have time to equip a relic or if I'm in another menu (chat or checking squad mates etc) though I've seen a few ppl complaining about it.

I've only had that when someone starts the timer and I don't have time to equip a relic or if I'm in another menu (chat or checking squad mates etc) though I've seen a few ppl complaining about it.
I could select a mission for me and a buddy, and once he votes on the mission the timer starts automatically, and often enough there's no prompt for him to select a relic.

So now we have to cautiously time things so that when he agrees to the mission I have a chance to stop the mission selection and try again. When we've not been cautious we've been put into games without one of us having a relic. Pretty deflating when it happens.

And I guess you can't earn void traces without a relic equipped? Was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but I'll live ;p

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
No you definitely can earn traces without a relic. Hit square and it should bring up a confirm prompt. As long as you get 10 reactants you'll get traces.

I usually just equipped lith relics as u have (well had) ~60 of each type for ducat fodder but I've done runs with no relics too.

No you definitely can earn traces without a relic. Hit square and it should bring up a confirm prompt. As long as you get 10 reactants you'll get traces.
Ahh OK.

It was one of those missions where my buddy had no relic - because he wasn't prompted - (but I did) and by the end of the mission he had zero traces. Don't think he was making any real effort to get all ten reactants though.

Thanks - that's good to know.

Amon37

Bad News: Void Fissures were down all night (PST Timezone) they may still be I stopped playing at about 05:00 PST
Good News: I now have mulitple Relics for every part of tigris, galatine, and nekros I still need.

Tonight is my last night off this week, I'm hoping to get enough traces to get nekros that way he can cook the 3 days I have to work this week.

frizby

Not in any rush to get the Tigris. I used the original and don't like how it plays. Have yet to trade for the Sancti, but I still don't think I'd like it much. I prefer to give 'em Hek.

Galatine Prime is pretty great though. Tad slow for me, but it does get the job done.

Every trigger pull on my Sancti Tigris = 120K damage (before accuracy and dropoff from shotguns). I haven't bothered to compare the Sancti to the Prime, but it's a beast of a gun.

Galatine is my new favorite, I think. Hits as hard as the War but faster and with slash damage.

Top Bottom