• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

VariantX

Well got my 1st 4 of the same rewards today. 4 vectis whatevers. Finally got another T1 radiant and fucking typical at the last sec some guy joins as 4th with an intact relic. This is like the 3rd time out of only 5 runs I've done for the tigris bp. I've gone through dozens of syndicate relic packs, almost 30 relics from excavation. Only found 3 more form the initial 2 I got.

Been getting network errors like crazy too though setting it to solo seems to work.

Those network errors make matchmaking on nodes with high player counts impossible sometimes. I really couldn't do much acolyte hunting without going solo.

Wowbagger

I've been playing with this a bit. If it's active when you cast world on fire, does the power boost continue throughout? Doesn't seem to. It also doesn't seem to affect WoF if it's already active.

Yes, Growing Power works like Energy Conversion.

I spawned 10 level 100 chargers in the Simulacrum and ran in circles while WOF did its thing. At base power, hits did 250 damage. With the only power mod equipped being Growing Power and having triggered its effect before casting WOF, all hits did 314 damage.

If you tested in the Simulacrum and didn't see a damage boost, you probably ran into this bug (from wiki): "Using the Simulacrum with this aura equipped and entering the Arsenal at least once will prevent the aura from functioning for the rest of the session. The only way to fix this is to restart the game or die at least once."

frizby

Yes, Growing Power works like Energy Conversion.

I spawned 10 level 100 chargers in the Simulacrum and ran in circles while WOF did its thing. At base power, hits did 250 damage. With the only power mod equipped being Growing Power and having triggered its effect before casting WOF, all hits did 314 damage.

If you tested in the Simulacrum and didn't see a damage boost, you probably ran into this bug (from wiki): "Using the Simulacrum with this aura equipped and entering the Arsenal at least once will prevent the aura from functioning for the rest of the session. The only way to fix this is to restart the game or die at least once."

Ah. Gotcha. My galatine procs it pretty reliably, so I should be able to make good use of it. TY

Amon37

Is there a consensus on mic etiquette? I might be an old man yelling at a cloud here but I think you should keep your mic muted in PUG'S. I don't know if people think it's cool to have music in background through the mic, or that we want here their conversations with their mom.

Maybe not all mics are mutable? I'd like to think any mic has a mute button.

frizby

Is there a consensus on mic etiquette? I might be an old man yelling at a cloud here but I think you should keep your mic muted in PUG'S. I don't know if people think it's cool to have music in background through the mic, or that we want here their conversations with their mom.

Maybe not all mics are mutable? I'd like to think any mic has a mute button.

Good luck with that. LOL!

But FWIW, you can mute anyone in your squad. Options, click player, mute. :)

Or if you want the nuclear option that always works, create a party with only yourself.

Speaking of Warframe etiquette, the one thing I'd like to see if for some players to stop acting like its a balls to the wall race to get to the end of the mission. Keeping up a decent pace and always pushing forward? Fine. But speeding and parkour with speed-buffed frames trying their fucking damnest to put as much distance between them and all other players is just nutballs, and I see it all the time. Makes no sense.

HI all. After a 3 year hiatus I decided to return. Wow! It's a lot better!

I have a level 30 Nova and a few other maxed, but never made it much further.

I would love any assistance or direction. Hope the community is still open to n00bs. Can I get a clan invited? PSN: The_Octodad

Amon37

Oh I always mute people.

Or if you want the nuclear option that always works, create a party with only yourself.

Speaking of Warframe etiquette, the one thing I'd like to see if for some players to stop acting like its a balls to the wall race to get to the end of the mission. Keeping up a decent pace and always pushing forward? Fine. But speeding and parkour with speed-buffed frames trying their fucking damnest to put as much distance between them and all other players is just nutballs, and I see it all the time. Makes no sense.

For exterminates and captures it's always been like this from what I've seen.

frizby

HI all. After a 3 year hiatus I decided to return. Wow! It's a lot better!

I have a level 30 Nova and a few other maxed, but never made it much further.

I would love any assistance or direction. Hope the community is still open to n00bs. Can I get a clan invited? PSN: The_Octodad

Forgot to invite you today. Will tomorrow morning if nobody beats me to it.

Edit: sent. Welcome back!

frizby

Hopped on for a super productive couple of hours this morning.

Reactor alert
Catalyst alert
Stalker dropped Broken War (waiting for that for a while)
Wukong helmet alert (only one I was missing)
Void Trader (not much new, but cool emblem)

bLaiSe

Hopped on for a super productive couple of hours this morning.

Reactor alert
Catalyst alert
Stalker dropped Broken War (waiting for that for a while)
Wukong helmet alert (only one I was missing)
Void Trader (not much new, but cool emblem)
The only "productive" thing I can do in Warframe these days is making shelves for my noggles and statues in the liset... Just spent an hour precisely placing them and I'm quite pleased with the results. :D

Amon37

The only "productive" thing I can do in Warframe these days is making shelves for my noggles and statues in the liset... Just spent an hour precisely placing them and I'm quite pleased with the results. :D

No pic?

And where is Baro with puncture mod set? I swear I haven't missed a visit but it's only slash and impact sets.

frizby

No pic?

And where is Baro with puncture mod set? I swear I haven't missed a visit but it's only slash and impact sets.

I don't know if he's gonna sell them. They were dropped in that Razorback event a few months back.

Supremacy_7, will invite in a few minutes.

frizby

Could i join gaf clan? Psn ID Supremacy_7

You'll have to leave your current clan first. Communication, Clan, click name, leave clan. Then post here, and one of us will invite.

FYI for clan members, I've set permissions so that anyone can invite to the clan. Please feel free to invite friends or people you meet in game.

Amon37

Holy did you see what they did with Carrier?!

It now does ammo covert and they made vacuum a mod for any sentinel

Carrier is now even better

Also more deluxe skin stuff

14484799_1194308913961958_241730684254352471_n.jpg

DS79-Zephyr2-1024x576.jpg

CuL8LfnW8AAAWc6.jpg:large

CuL_jzxUsAA7dHl.jpg

frizby

That Ash skin isn't quite as sexy as the concept art...and I'm hearing there's a bit of a nerf coming for him. It's a shame, because he's my sorties frame.

Who is that knight skin supposed to be? Frost? Atlas?

Unfortunately, some of the old arcane helmets are keeping me from buying some of these deluxe skins. It's kind of a shame.

Amon37

That Ash skin isn't quite as sexy as the concept art...and I'm hearing there's a bit of a nerf coming for him. It's a shame, because he's my sorties frame.

Who is that knight skin supposed to be? Frost? Atlas?

Unfortunately, some of the old arcane helmets are keeping me from buying some of these deluxe skins. It's kind of a shame.

The Nerf is you will have to manually mark targets for bladestorm by holding the power button and each target marked will drain "x" energy.

Citizen K

You'll have to leave your current clan first. Communication, Clan, click name, leave clan. Then post here, and one of us will invite.

FYI for clan members, I've set permissions so that anyone can invite to the clan. Please feel free to invite friends or people you meet in game.

I left my old clan now. Please invite.

Edit - I'm in!

VandalD

so ive hit level 30 with my first warframe loki and i feel like im having my ass handed to me
Yeah, there's a reason they took Loki out of the starter frame lineup. He needs his powers to survive, particularly his invisibility. It can take a long time to get the mods you need to make Loki powerful. At the very least, you'd want Continuity and Streamline. I'd suggest using a different frame in the meantime. The earliest frame you can make is Rhino, whose parts drop from Jackal in the assassination mission on Venus. Maybe someone here would be able to help with that if you can't do it.

Yeah, there's a reason they took Loki out of the starter frame lineup. He needs his powers to survive, particularly his invisibility. It can take a long time to get the mods you need to make Loki powerful. At the very least, you'd want Continuity and Streamline. I'd suggest using a different frame in the meantime. The earliest frame you can make is Rhino, whose parts drop from Jackal in the assassination mission on Venus. Maybe someone here would be able to help with that if you can't do it.

cool thanks for the heads up

Amon37

ok so now im really stuck im trying to do the ceres junction and i keep getting one shot by trinty

You may have to go back and either work on weapons or try a different frame. I don't know your mastery rank but in these one on one battles you may want to think about a shotgun Tigris (regular, sancti, or prime), hek (regular or vaykor), or a tonkor.

Someone suggested Rhino, with iron skin you may get a bit more survivability.

You may have to go back and either work on weapons or try a different frame. I don't know your mastery rank but in these one on one battles you may want to think about a shotgun Tigris (regular, sancti, or prime), hek (regular or vaykor), or a tonkor.

Someone suggested Rhino, with iron skin you may get a bit more survivability.

im only mastery level 3 right now trying to get to 4

It sounds like maybe you've focused on completing the solar system at the expense of mastery and leveling up mods/weapons. What are you using?

currently Loki and im leveling Grakata Sicarus and Kogake
also if there is a clan my user name is thebiggestroll

yeah ive pretty much hit a solid brick wall it feels like
trying to farm Plastids for the Rino Blueprint but i cant get to a planet that drops it regular and the same for the Neural Sensor i need
i would love just to buy them but i havent the funds at the mo lol

frizby

currently Loki and im leveling Grakata Sicarus and Kogake
also if there is a clan my user name is thebiggestroll

yeah ive pretty much hit a solid brick wall it feels like
trying to farm Plastids for the Rino Blueprint but i cant get to a planet that drops it regular and the same for the Neural Sensor i need
i would love just to buy them but i havent the funds at the mo lol

I'll invite you to the clan in a few minutes. Just know that clearing the solar system isn't the end game and the only practical purpose for unlocking all of those planet nodes is to access alerts that pop up on them...which you can easily get someone in the clan or alliance to taxi you to even if you don't have access. It's much more important to focus on leveling up mods, getting more mods, and working on mastery.

How do you have access to ceres but not Saturn (plastids) or Jupiter (neural sensors)?

I'll invite you to the clan in a few minutes. Just know that clearing the solar system isn't the end game and the only practical purpose for unlocking all of those planet nodes is to access alerts that pop up on them...which you can easily get someone in the clan or alliance to taxi you to even if you don't have access. It's much more important to focus on leveling up mods, getting more mods, and working on mastery.

How do you have access to ceres but not Saturn (plastids) or Jupiter (neural sensors)?

sorry i feel like ive miss spoke im at mars stuck at the ceres junction

ZangBa

I used to play this a lot like a year or 2 ago, whenever they added the newer companion and archwing. Now I'm totally overwhelmed by all the changes and have no idea what I'm doing. Is that old Rhino helmet still valuable? I think Vanguard or whatever? I need to get some platinum because I'm out of weapon slots :/

frizby

I used to play this a lot like a year or 2 ago, whenever they added the newer companion and archwing. Now I'm totally overwhelmed by all the changes and have no idea what I'm doing. Is that old Rhino helmet still valuable? I think Vanguard or whatever? I need to get some platinum because I'm out of weapon slots :/

You should be able to get at least a couple hundred for it, but you don't really see a ton of people playing rhino these days, so it may take a bit to find a buyer.

Welcome back!

ZangBa

You should be able to get at least a couple hundred for it, but you don't really see a ton of people playing rhino these days, so it may take a bit to find a buyer.

Welcome back!

Cool. I still have a ton of arcane helmets from back in the day that I can get rid of, too.

And thanks. C:

frizby

Cool. I still have a ton of arcane helmets from back in the day that I can get rid of, too.

And thanks. C:

The truly valuable ones now are Squall Frost and Pendragon Excalibur. I may think of another, but I'm pretty sure that's it. I think the Vanguard is probably the best one, and I like the Swindle Loki, but you just don't see demand for them. I do occasionally see somebody looking for the Chorus Banshee.

Wowbagger

I started playing Rhino recently, for the first time, just to try out Growing Power on another frame. Avoided the frame in the past cause so many noobs used him (silly reason, I know). The mod seems pretty good on him. Same goes for Energy Conversion and Power Drift -- all power strength mods added after his glory days. In combination with Intensify, I think those mods give enough power strength, making it more feasible to create a max efficiency build that can get good use out of all his powers than in the past.

If it weren't for the fact Growing Power demands status weapons, I guess the next step would have been to dust off the Boltor Prime. :)

ZangBa

The truly valuable ones now are Squall Frost and Pendragon Excalibur. I may think of another, but I'm pretty sure that's it. I think the Vanguard is probably the best one, and I like the Swindle Loki, but you just don't see demand for them. I do occasionally see somebody looking for the Chorus Banshee.

Looks like I'm shit out of luck on those then, lol. I tried to do the first stage of whatever event is going on last night, figuring that surely I would still be powerful enough to handle it. I died once almost immediately and ended up doing 3% damage among the team. WTF, I used to destroy the end game content.

And now I'm reading my favorite Warframe is garbage tier. :C

VandalD

I've been giving Banshee more of a try recently, and she's winning me over. It feels really good to light up weak points on enemies. You and your squad can do so much more damage. Even at only 130% power strength, shooting a weak point does 9x damage. Add the Resonance mod on top of that, and I feel like I can be useful even if I bring crap weapons.

At least hydroid has pilfering swarm, what has atlas done for me lately?
Pilfering Swarm is made entirely irrelevant by Nekros. Atlas can take a good amount of punishment, summon distractions, and put up walls to protect people or objectives. Landslide is one of the best 1st powers in the game, able to put out pretty good damage. His only really bad power is Petrify. It's too bad his drops are locked behind an archwing boss.

Nah, it's Oberon. I hear they aren't too far apart, though.
Oberon's on the weak side, but I wouldn't call him trash. He doesn't do any one thing better than anyone else, but he can do a lot of things. It just turns out that people want to play frames more focused in purpose, especially on harder missions. Equinox feels like the graduating point for Oberon users, but she's a pain to farm.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I've been giving Banshee more of a try recently, and she's winning me over. It feels really good to light up weak points on enemies. You and your squad can do so much more damage. Even at only 130% power strength, shooting a weak point does 9x damage. Add the Resonance mod on top of that, and I feel like I can be useful even if I bring crap weapons.

Pilfering Swarm is made entirely irrelevant by Nekros. Atlas can take a good amount of punishment, summon distractions, and put up walls to protect people or objectives. Landslide is one of the best 1st powers in the game, able to put out pretty good damage. His only really bad power is Petrify. It's too bad his drops are locked behind an archwing boss.

Oberon's on the weak side, but I wouldn't call him trash. He doesn't do any one thing better than anyone else, but he can do a lot of things. It just turns out that people want to play frames more focused in purpose, especially on harder missions. Equinox feels like the graduating point for Oberon users, but she's a pain to farm.
she is a super fun frame, but pugs hate her for some reason.

watched TWW trailer, fucking hypeeeee. Hope for no more delays.

Top Bottom