• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Interesting approach, except that you teammates might want your first roll. Not sure how that would work.
Yep. Was thinking that the reward wouldn't show until the re-rolls are done or a re-roll timer has expired. Until then, you'd see your personal relic item on your screen, and other players in your cell would see a "?".

I think it'd add more of a punch to spending traces as you'd actually see them having a result with each re-roll of the relic reward, even if those re-rolls end up as dupes.

As it is, there's something very unsatisfying in the current refinement mechanic. You can spend a lot of time gathering traces, but you don't often get a sense of anything really happening.

Just a thought though - for all I know they've tried it or similar methods and found it unworkable or just plain not a good idea ;p

Amon37

As opposite to Indrid's luck, last night I ran 2 PUG relic missions just to get traces and brought some intact relic just for ducats and ended with a Fragor BP on one and a Nekros systems on the other from someone else.

Here are my archwing weapon needs

Cyngas Stock
Akguza blade
Centaur blade and handle

I have lots of standing in Steel and Red Veil, not much in suda and hexis but enough for one part if you need archwing in trade

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I can get you the agkuza blade and centaur handle. Need the cyngas receiver(suda) and cyngas barrel(hexis).

Edit: I can get you 1 of the perrin parts too

frizby

As it is, there's something very unsatisfying in the current refinement mechanic. You can spend a lot of time gathering traces, but you don't often get a sense of anything really happening. p

I don't know about that. You get a graphical representation of the common drop chances going down and uncommons and rares going up, and if I recall correctly, your odds of getting a rare with four radiant relics is something like 34%. I think that's pretty good, and as a practical matter, I got all of the most recent rare prime parts in one to three runs.

I don't really farm traces. I try to run fissure excavations and survivals when they pop up, and when doing so, I usually end up with a decent random prime part, more relics than I started with, and some traces. It's a fairly productive use of your in game time. As long as you're regularly running fissures, which you should be, you'll always have plenty of traces.

Citizen K

Jeez this game is so complicated now. I don't know what you guys are taking about! I used to play when it was T1 T2 missions etc.

Frizby i might do some trades when i have more time. Tried to sell boltor prime full set yesterday. No takers whatsoever :/

frizby

Jeez this game is so complicated now. I don't know what you guys are taking about! I used to play when it was T1 T2 missions etc.

Frizby i might do some trades when i have more time. Tried to sell boltor prime full set yesterday. No takers whatsoever :/

Since you played, they've replaced a bunch of systems (damage, parkour, melee etc) and the latest is replacing the void. It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds, and it adds some variety to farming while (imo) decreasing the grind.

Edit with brief explanation:

1. Instead of the void, prime part missions are called "fissures" and they work sort of like alerts apprearing on random planets/tilesets
2. Instead of keys, you use relics, and all of your former keys have been converted. Anyone can access a fissure, but if you want a reward, you have to bring a relic.
3. At the end of the mission, anyone who brought a relic can pick from any of the (up to) four different relic rewards on your squad
4. Like keys, the relics are fixed at scaling difficulty levels (T1 = Lith, T2 = Meso, T3 = Neo, T4 = Axi)
5. Unlike keys, which had changing drop tables based on updates, relics have fixed drop tables forever, and you can view the drop tables in your ship.
6. Those drop tables can be manipulated to make rares more likely by refining the relic with void traces (which you get for every fissure you run). Radiant is the highest level of refinement.
7. Gathering 4 players with the same radiant relic gives the squad a ~34% chance at somebody getting the rare part on that relic's drop table.

No rush or worries on trades. Boltor isn't in super high demand for whatever reason, and it's always best if you can post a list of 5 or 6 sets to cast a wider net. Complicated offer below stands, or if you want to just sell me a few things, I'd buy your Ember BPs for 300 each (as many as you want to sell), your two frost parts for 350, and I'd give you a Loki set for a Reaper BP.

Amon37

The relic system has to be better than the key system for me because Baro will be here and we just had a prime release and I have like no ducats. With vauban I had almost 3k in ducats just from running keys over and over. Even if i hypothetically gave myself a part for every void fissure mission I ran to grind traces it still wouldn't be close.

Smeeta's are awesome, I mean even though the buffs are random none all of them are super useful.

Galatine is also ridiculous. I'm constantly getting over 100k damage from bloodrush/Smeeta buff and if I run my rhino with roar it's lol.

New nekros is great. Using Frizby build I have a really hard time dying.

Citizen K

Since you played, they've replaced a bunch of systems (damage, parkour, melee etc) and the latest is replacing the void. It's not nearly as complicated as it sounds, and it adds some variety to farming while (imo) decreasing the grind.

Edit with brief explanation:

1. Instead of the void, prime part missions are called "fissures" and they work sort of like alerts apprearing on random planets/tilesets
2. Instead of keys, you use relics, and all of your former keys have been converted. Anyone can access a fissure, but if you want a reward, you have to bring a relic.
3. At the end of the mission, anyone who brought a relic can pick from any of the (up to) four different relic rewards on your squad
4. Like keys, the relics are fixed at scaling difficulty levels (T1 = Lith, T2 = Meso, T3 = Neo, T4 = Axi)
5. Unlike keys, which had changing drop tables based on updates, relics have fixed drop tables forever, and you can view the drop tables in your ship.
6. Those drop tables can be manipulated to make rares more likely by refining the relic with void traces (which you get for every fissure you run). Radiant is the highest level of refinement.
7. Gathering 4 players with the same radiant relic gives the squad a ~34% chance at somebody getting the rare part on that relic's drop table.

No rush or worries on trades. Boltor isn't in super high demand for whatever reason, and it's always best if you can post a list of 5 or 6 sets to cast a wider net. Complicated offer below stands, or if you want to just sell me a few things, I'd buy your Ember BPs for 300 each (as many as you want to sell), your two frost parts for 350, and I'd give you a Loki set for a Reaper BP.

Thanks for the explanation. It's beginning to make more sense. I remember before only one person needed a key. So for example one person would have a t3 key and could invite 3 people in and they could all play without a key and get rewards. Now it seems everyone needs a key? Are the keys easy enough to get? I have a small handful from conversion.

frizby

The relic system has to be better than the key system for me because Baro will be here and we just had a prime release and I have like no ducats. With vauban I had almost 3k in ducats just from running keys over and over. Even if i hypothetically gave myself a part for every void fissure mission I ran to grind traces it still wouldn't be close.

I have yet to take a forma in a fissure mission, and I rarely have to take a non-vaultable prime part. There are usually captures and exterminates up for quick runs, but I like to run excavations and survivals to swap relics for more relics. I never run solo, because I'm usually running a garbage relic.

Smeeta's are awesome, I mean even though the buffs are random all of them are super useful.

Agree. And the rare resource drop is absolutely nuts. I have almost 1K neural sensors now. And I also use Smeeta to double syndicate medallions.

New nekros is great. Using Frizby build I have a really hard time dying.

Glad the build is working out. It's especially crazy on corpus with shield ospreys and negators in your shadows.

frizby

Thanks for the explanation. It's beginning to make more sense. I remember before only one person needed a key. So for example one person would have a t3 key and could invite 3 people in and they could all play without a key and get rewards. Now it seems everyone needs a key? Are the keys easy enough to get? I have a small handful from conversion.

Yeah, relics are much more common than keys IMO. I get most of mine from excavations, but they're also common in defenses and survivals. Fissure excavations are my favorite, because almost every excavator will give you a relic, and it's not uncommon to leave with 10 or more if you have a good squad (along with a prime part and some void traces).

It's best if everybody brings a relic because you get more rewards to choose from. You can run fissures without one for void traces, but it's not a great use of your time because you won't get a prime part.

I forgot to mention that I like how opening the relic fits a little better with the lore. It's a relic. And you open it for a prime part. I dig it.

frizby

PSA: a few clan folks are close to or just over the 60 day inactive mark. Recommend a log in, or we can always reinvite you later.

Welp, the bug erased all my current equipment, systensis scanner, my ammo, shield, and energy pods are gone. Had to craft everything again, thank god I didnt equiped the rest of my items.

I guess the serum werent deleted because is a key item from a quest just became a grey item.

Amon37

Welp, the bug erased all my current equipment, systensis scanner, my ammo, shield, and energy pods are gone. Had to craft everything again, thank god I didnt equiped the rest of my items.

I guess the serum werent deleted because is a key item from a quest just became a grey item.

Wait what bug? Is this on ps4 or pc? I know some play both here.

frizby

Yeah, need some clarification here. I've have my gear selection wheel cleared out by an update, including this last update, and I had to reapply them, which took a minute or two. I've even had my controls and setting reset to default once.

But it sounds like you're saying your gear was physically deleted from your inventory, and I find that very hard to believe.

frizby

Apologies for (another) double post.

Wanted to remind everyone that Titania is coming soon. You need to scan a bunch of plants to build her. Some of you, who were around for the Cisero Crisis will have some or most of the Earth scans, but those who don't should probably start grabbing them. Note that they are tied to the day/night cycle and have day/night versions.

I believe the "scan hammer" is coming with this update as well, so it wouldn't hurt to build a Gammacor preemptively.

But it sounds like you're saying your gear was physically deleted from your inventory, and I find that very hard to believe.
Maybe not. A few days ago I noticed my Ninkondi (electrical nunchucks) just disappeared out of my inventory.

Its my first and only support ticket with Warframe since launch.

If there is a bug going around it could explain why they've been so slow to get back to me.

BigAl1992

Just out of curiosity, how good is the Nova Prime Warframe? I've got the main blueprint, along with the Neuroptics and Systems blueprints, so I'm just hunting for the Chassis Blueprint or the chassis itself if I can.

EDIT: Should point out aswell that this is my first prime warframe that I'm getting here.

frizby

Just out of curiosity, how good is the Nova Prime Warframe? I've got the main blueprint, along with the Neuroptics and Systems blueprints, so I'm just hunting for the Chassis Blueprint or the chassis itself if I can.

EDIT: Should point out aswell that this is my first prime warframe that I'm getting here.

Nova is amazing. She's one of the few frames that's flexible enough for any setting and is probably in my top 5, even if I haven't played her much lately.

VandalD

Nova is squishy, but she's damn good. Her 4 is one of the best debuffs in the game, slowing enemies (or speeding them up with negative power strength), and making them take double damage, and also making them explode for damage when they die. Her 3 lets her and her squad get around very quickly. Her 2 can do a huge amount of AOE damage. Her 1 is kind of crap, but hey, most Warframes only have 2 really good abilities at most. Nova Prime also just looks great.

Amon37

Apologies for (another) double post.

Wanted to remind everyone that Titania is coming soon. You need to scan a bunch of plants to build her. Some of you, who were around for the Cisero Crisis will have some or most of the Earth scans, but those who don't should probably start grabbing them. Note that they are tied to the day/night cycle and have day/night versions.

I believe the "scan hammer" is coming with this update as well, so it wouldn't hurt to build a Gammacor preemptively.

So I took a quick look at the wiki and your saying if I scan the required plants now it will count for the quest?

VandalD

Also recommend bringing Ivara or Nekros to steal from or desecrate the things that spawn when you turn in the stuff you craft with the plants. They drop new aura mods.

BigAl1992

Well, the RNG has decided to hate me now for some reason. All 6 relics that I had which contained a blueprint for the Nova Prime Chassis blueprint turned up something else each and every time, even with two of them at radiant level, which sucks. On the plus side though, I got a blueprint for the Nekros Prime Systems Blueprint in one of the higher up relic alerts, so that's something at least, and I turned up a few more prime parts that I can use later on, although it would've been great to complete the Nova Prime set. Got the main blueprint and all for it.

frizby

Well, the RNG has decided to hate me now for some reason. All 6 relics that I had which contained a blueprint for the Nova Prime Chassis blueprint turned up something else each and every time, even with two of them at radiant level, which sucks. On the plus side though, I got a blueprint for the Nekros Prime Systems Blueprint in one of the higher up relic alerts, so that's something at least, and I turned up a few more prime parts that I can use later on, although it would've been great to complete the Nova Prime set. Got the main blueprint and all for it.

RNG can be harsh, but you really should have radianted all six of them. And if you're looking for a rare part, you really have to team up with other radiants.

I got a 50% off coupon for the market the other day and bought cat armor. Don't judge me!

Yeah, need some clarification here. I've have my gear selection wheel cleared out by an update, including this last update, and I had to reapply them, which took a minute or two. I've even had my controls and setting reset to default once.

PS4, didnt have any Issue after the big update, farmed nekros fine but then my gear wheel had 19 codex scans and nothing else on the left side when I tried to do my Simaris daily , (I usually put the sintesis scanner on the top part of the wheel, pods and serum on the rest). I had 120 codex scans which puts 100 codex on the wheel if I am not wrong.

I think the Lunaro update resets my emotes but not my equipment

Anyway didnt take the issue seriously and played several days like that then when I was trying to do a sortie I tried to use my energy pod and nope, no pods of any kind on the wheel, I asked on the clan tab later I think Frizby answered me in that day, still didnt take it seriously until I went to check up the arsenal to re equip the pods and the sintesis and what a surprise my wheel in the preview had all my inventory, pods, ciphers , sintesis, 100 codex and the serum.

Entered the gear selection and just the 19 codex was there, everything were gone except for low health pods , the serum and the festivity rockets.

I had to craft the pods, all I had equipped on my wheel, buy the sintesis scanner from simaris to unlock the unlimited mod and more codex scans to max out the uses on the wheel

BigAl1992

RNG can be harsh, but you really should have radianted all six of them. And if you're looking for a rare part, you really have to team up with other radiants.

Oh trust me, I've definitely learned my lesson after that. Then again, I still got a shedload of lith and meso relics to go through, so you never know. What I do know now is to hold on to the ones I want to radiant, so this doesn't happen again.

frizby

Update is out. Only a couple of GBs. Clan research is cooking.

Scan hammer is at Cephalon Simaris.

Plant scans for Titania are much easier to find than they were back in the Cisero Crisis era.

frizby

If you haven't yet bought, potato'd and forma'd the Heliocor (Scan Hammer), you may want to wait. The Synoid Heliocor is a thing. Coming soon.

frizby

For those hunting the new aura mods, a small tip:

You can close the app if you don't get the mod you want, and you should still have your Apothic in your inventory. Also, if you bring both a Hydroid and a Nekros, you can get a triple drop. I had one run with three Empowered Blades.

The only new aura that looks all that interesting to me is Stand United. That one is gonna cost me a few forma, I think.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
0576bfb66dddcbcb809540ecf9e51fc4.png

Lovely pie chart of how ppl play over a single weekend from the devstream.

Great allocation of resources. PVP & lunaro totally worth it
LOL

Amon37

LOL

I'm surprised excavation isn't higher. What's it based on though, number of plays or total length of time spent playing each mission variety?

VariantX

LOL

Yep. Its time to stop with the gimmick modes already DE. They're just a diversion of resources from the core game, which is why people play your game at all.

Amon37

They need to lock out simulors until rank 20.lol in a pug and someone kills the synthesis target, there response, "I just spam simulor" ugh.

frizby

I'm surprised excavation isn't higher. What's it based on though, number of plays or total length of time spent playing each mission variety?

Same here. Has to be total rounds played rather than a snapshot. Longer rounds = less rounds played.

Amon37

The only good thing about Titania is when you are in pixie mode the enemies couldn't give a shit about you. Zero aggro. Also it appears energy vampire will still give you energy

frizby

The only good thing about Titania is when you are in pixie mode the enemies couldn't give a shit about you. Zero aggro. Also it appears energy vampire will still give you energy

Her little butterflies seem to provide an effect almost like chaos. I haven't really read up on her though.

I'm not crazy about her, but she has her moments, and I think it's an interesting idea. And she makes bursas trivial. Just shoot them from above with impunity.

Wowbagger

Anyone made sense out of Empowered Blades? Not sure if people are trying to sell it for quite a bit just cause it's new and rare, or cause there's a good use for the aura. It seems interesting on Inaros, with a slash weapon, but any teammate using charged attacks with a different frame is just gonna hate me, right? I don't want to troll people. Then again, not that many players actually use charge attacks.

Growing Power is great on Ember and Stand United seems good for Frost. Any other of the new auras worth using?

Shame Brief Respite isn't triggered by Desecrate when using Despoil.

frizby

Anyone made sense out of Empowered Blades? Not sure if people are trying to sell it for quite a bit just cause it's new and rare, or cause there's a good use for the aura. It seems interesting on Inaros, with a slash weapon, but any teammate using charged attacks with a different frame is just gonna hate me, right? I don't want to troll people. Then again, not that many players actually use charge attacks.

Growing Power is great on Ember and Stand United seems good for Frost. Any other of the new auras worth using?

Shame Brief Respite isn't triggered by Desecrate when using Despoil.

I set Frost, Rhino, Inaros and Chroma up for Stand United, and I just starting playing with Growing Power on Ember. It's hard for me to tell how effective it's going to be, so I'm depolarizing her aura for flexibility.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Well got my 1st 4 of the same rewards today. 4 vectis whatevers. Finally got another T1 radiant and fucking typical at the last sec some guy joins as 4th with an intact relic. This is like the 3rd time out of only 5 runs I've done for the tigris bp. I've gone through dozens of syndicate relic packs, almost 30 relics from excavation. Only found 3 more form the initial 2 I got.

Been getting network errors like crazy too though setting it to solo seems to work.

Poor Titania, her skills are interesting but damm her CCs are kinda bad against eximus or big enemies,

first skill takes a lot to cast and its AoE is so small the enemies have to be on a small room to CC them but you can be downed pretty fast on her casting is not worth it.

Second skill is amazing but again her casting is too long and she can be downed fast on higher zones , taking the auras is pretty dangerous and your allies cant take the aura so you have to get close and take it.....so good luck taking it on that mess of enemies.

Third skill, oh boy the worst skill ever, enemies focus the CC target, the target can ricochet and propel itself to the sky or to a random place at high speed leaving that big swarm of enemies instantly aggro your team, the skill dont work on eximus and sometimes dont work on big enemies because reason, if your allies kill the target you are stuck on the casting animation which is pretty long and you have to look for another one which usually gets killed fast and you wasted another casting in vain (lol)

The last skill is fun, is like archwing mode on a non archwing enviroment , enemies ignores you, you can attack them from above and thats all, kinda bland and have little sinergy with her other skills

There are better CC, sinergy frames out there that can outperform Titania without trouble, Oberon must be pleased I guess. Even Equinox looks more interesting that titania

Top Bottom