• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Cracklox

Can i get clan (re)reinvite. Psn lox769

I just logged on for the 1st time in a while and wanted to get the 1 cred color palette and either made a pretty huge mistake in the process, or something fucked up pretty bad.

I got a 75% off coupon at login (yay!) and still have a little plat that I could have used with that discount to get something nice. It's been a while but I remember the store had an option to purchase without the voucher, so I thought I'll grab the colors and then go shopping.

Well, I'm sure it said to 'press R2 to purchase without voucher' which is what I did, but instead it redeemed the voucher and I got 75% off 1 credit. Well actually I didn't even get that. Still paid 1 credit. Kinda annoyed tbh

Did I fuck up and read it wrong? Or is it something I should contact their support about? I'll cop it obviously if I fucked up, but I'm sure thats what it said. Can't even check because I need another voucher for the option to come up

VariantX

I just logged on for the 1st time in a while and wanted to get the 1 cred color palette and either made a pretty huge mistake in the process, or something fucked up pretty bad.

I got a 75% off coupon at login (yay!) and still have a little plat that I could have used with that discount to get something nice. It's been a while but I remember the store had an option to purchase without the voucher, so I thought I'll grab the colors and then go shopping.

Well, I'm sure it said to 'press R2 to purchase without voucher' which is what I did, but instead it redeemed the voucher and I got 75% off 1 credit. Well actually I didn't even get that. Still paid 1 credit. Kinda annoyed tbh

Did I fuck up and read it wrong? Or is it something I should contact their support about? I'll cop it obviously if I fucked up, but I'm sure thats what it said. Can't even check because I need another voucher for the option to come up

I'll send an invite as soon as Iog in for today

As someone who just used a coupon recently, the option is definitely R2 to purchase with the coupon. Using X
like normal is the regular price.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
the halloween event is so goddamn awful, cant believe DE keeps using this same mission. I belive they used it last year too. it's not fun whatsoever.

whatever, i got the catalyst fuck the sigil.

Cracklox

As someone who just used a coupon recently, the option is definitely R2 to purchase with the coupon. Using X
like normal is the regular price.

naked-gun-face-palm-head-slap-doh-1360196138K.gif

Don't try to purchase stuff off the store at a discount when its late after a few beers. That's the lesson I learnt today

VariantX

If there was any time to level up your archwing stuff, now is it. Mobile defense on Neptune, Salacia can take a archwing weapon from 0-20 in one run with the Double XP weekend going on. Of course even faster if you use a booster and up it to 4x affinity

Amon37

Mag deluxe skin? Yes Please!

If there was any time to level up your archwing stuff, now is it. Mobile defense on Neptune, Salacia can take a archwing weapon from 0-20 in one run with the Double XP weekend going on. Of course even faster if you use a booster and up it to 4x affinity

Since I got an affinity booster from www.warframe.com/halloween and have 4x I can get a weapon to max level after about 1000 cryotic and a frame at 1500.

I randomly have the urge to play on this again, and I'd like some advice.
I've not played it since just before Christmas last year, and even then I've only played like 2 or 3 days in total (in real time, so probably 8 hours overall, not 72 hours), and I was wondering if much has changed since then. I loved the gameplay feel, buy all the systems behind everything seemed a bit overwhelming for me. I remember liking the look of two Warframes (I picked the female one to start with the magnet or gravity powers), one was an archer, and the other had either antimatter or dark matter abilities if I remember correctly, but I had absolutely no idea how to unlock them, or if I even could unlock them without buying them or the currency on PSN.

Does anyone have a good starting point for learning the ins and out of the mechanics? As I said, sliding around with my bow and arrow was super fun, but it was all a bit confusing.

Cracklox

I randomly have the urge to play on this again, and I'd like some advice.
I've not played it since just before Christmas last year, and even then I've only played like 2 or 3 days in total (in real time, so probably 8 hours overall, not 72 hours), and I was wondering if much has changed since then. I loved the gameplay feel, buy all the systems behind everything seemed a bit overwhelming for me. I remember liking the look of two Warframes (I picked the female one to start with the magnet or gravity powers), one was an archer, and the other had either antimatter or dark matter abilities if I remember correctly, but I had absolutely no idea how to unlock them, or if I even could unlock them without buying them or the currency on PSN.

Does anyone have a good starting point for learning the ins and out of the mechanics? As I said, sliding around with my bow and arrow was super fun, but it was all a bit confusing.

This is the most recent beginner guide I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrdPvRBVnmc

Its from July so mostly up to date with the big changes.

As for 'unlocking' frames their components drop from the bosses of each planet, or are tied to a specific quest. There are also a few that's parts can be purchased from a vendor at the clan (Guild) dojo. Each frame has 3 pieces (helmet, chassis and systems - although I think they have renamed those recently, but are the same thing) one of which will drop when you kill a boss. So you will need to kill a boss 3 times at the minimum (very likely more cos RNG gunna RNG) to get the required parts. You will also need a blueprint which can be purchased with in game currency from the marketplace. Sounds like you have those

Once you have the pieces you can construct each of them in the foundry. Each requires different crafting mats, some quite rare, so you may need to farm what you need. Once each piece is built (takes 24 realtime hours) you can then build the frame (if you have the required blueprint), which takes another 3 days real time. Then its all yours.

You will also need slots for each warframe you use. Starting out, any platinum (real money currency) should go to either frame or weapon slots. I think the game gives you some at the beginning if I recall correctly so spend wisely

It sounds like you chose Mag, who's parts drop from the boss in Phobos, so prob don't worry too much about farming him. The Venus boss, which is nice and early, drops Rhino parts who is a solid all round frame, and someone you should be able to use for a while, while getting used to everything. As for some of the frames tied to quests, probably best not to worry TOO much about them right now. A few are a touch convoluted, and often require a decently powered frame to get through (solo at least). Then there's the Prime variants of frames, but again, best to get a grip on everything before you worry too much about those

Of course if you leave your psn ID, a clan invite could be arranged. Some nice perks including a few frames and a bunch of weapons exclusive to being in a clan amongst other things. You should also find some helpful folk around if you are having trouble with anything or need help on farming runs etc.

Hope that helps

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I have 63 pre built and another ~40 forma bps. Zero patience to use em and relevel stuff though. Only log in for bonus most days. Got a skin for the jat kitag or whatever it's called. Halloween sigil looks nice.

Amon37

It's either or. Skin or booster.

7 day affinity booster here. I realized I'm down to 11 format cause I haven't been building them and I've burnt through like 5 so far, on Warframe I wanted to have a exilus mod on and weapons that I put a 5th forma on just for more customization that wouldn't probably have done at 1x exp

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah even 2X xp is kinda slow now. I tried doing a couple akkad runs but just logged out and went back to BOI: afterbirth. Still pretty burnt out too and with not much to farm for and relics being a pain to find/run not much to do atm. Don't bother to forma most of my stuff, that's why I have so many. Same with prime mods, bought most of em but only ranked up a couple, thought that's due more to credits than endo.

Need to sell a ton of shit too but not feeling up for that either.

Amon37

On the latest devstream they said they were going to do endless relic missions where you can use more then one relic per mission like a new relic every 5 waves of defense or whatever. Thank God because ducat farming sucks right now. I have 0 ducats and I hope Baro doesn't have anything good this week.

frizby

On the latest devstream they said they were going to do endless relic missions where you can use more then one relic per mission like a new relic every 5 waves of defense or whatever. Thank God because ducat farming sucks right now. I have 0 ducats and I hope Baro doesn't have anything good this week.

I run excavations and spy missions when they come up. You can trade relics for relics on those and gather some ducats and worthwhile prime parts.

Inskipp

I thought that the appeal of the old endless missions was the capability of earning a vast sum of Prime-rewards for a single key. Doesn't this method run against that notion?

I also don't see this method improving the situation with Ducat-farming, since you are still forced to spend a key for every rotation. With that in mind, why spend 5 minutes in a survival-rotation, when you can probably run an extermination or a capture-mission in a much quicker span of time? You're still spending keys regardless, and achieving the same effect in a quicker timespan.

Amon37

I thought that the appeal of the old endless missions was the capability of earning a vast sum of Prime-rewards for a single key. Doesn't this method run against that notion?

I also don't see this method improving the situation with Ducat-farming, since you are still forced to spend a key for every rotation. With that in mind, why spend 5 minutes in a survival-rotation, when you can probably run an extermination or a capture-mission in a much quicker span of time? You're still spending keys regardless, and achieving the same effect in a quicker timespan.

The appeal is that I personally get burnt out running consecutive missions quickly. Even if it takes a relic every 5 minutes I'd like to run a 20 defense or a 40-60 survival with a group of players though it may be less efficient.

The trade channel has exploded with people willing to spend 1-2 platinum per ducat fodder.

frizby

Mostly agree with this. Honestly, running relics is all I've been doing lately. I generally will run whatever mission will give me more relics like excavation (provided my squadmates cooperate and go to 4) or spy. I guess survival does as well, but the time investment to get to a key rotation is pretty long, and randoms rarely stick around. Ran a bunch of Axi spy missions this morning and got Neo or Meso relics every time.

Void trader today, I think.

ZangBa

Should I be saving my ducats for anything in particular? This is the first time since I've been back that the trader has been here. It looks like he has a quest to buy and the gun looks ok I guess. The pistol mods seem really good but I'll be honest, I never use my pistol lol.

VariantX

The biggest problem with the old system is it was full of what would be considered junk rewards like rare/uncommon 5's, uncommon or common mods, orokin cells, credit caches. This along with DE wanting to cram LITERALLY EVERYTHING into T3 C while everything else is tumbleweeds and junk drops in comparison. It was a way of having double RNG to require a specific key and they having to go grind on top of that to keep the parts out of the player's hands as long as humanly possible making keyshares the most efficient way of getting anything at all. They concoct an entire new system instead of doing the simple and obvious thing to do which is spread out the parts to other void missions. I don't really hate the new system too much as I can actually see tilesets besides the void tileset to break up monotony and there are ways to farm more effeciently if I wish to. Even a paris prime part has some ducat value and the only thing you might not want is a forma blueprint due to how easy they are to get and stockpile on top of having a 24 hour build time to just make a single one. The appeal of endless nodes with the new rift system is to be able to crack relics and earn new ones at the same time.

Cracklox

I finally unlocked Nova Prime a few days ago. Yay! One thing I don't get is the general dislike of slow Nova in parties. A few randoms have complained now. Makes me kinda not want to use her, despite really liking her otherwise.

Could someone shed some light?

Another story quest involving mutalist Alad V again? I can't remember what happens at the end of the Mesa quest

On a semi related note, I thought I would go and start that Mesa quest today. Did the quest itself, but what a load of shit to build those keys. 3 nav coordinates per key is just dumb. Thats some serious hoop jumping considering the rarity of the co-ordinates, and then you still have to rely on good old rng when you kill the boss. Especially compared to the more recent Inaros and Titania quests, there's a lot of fuckery at work.

I may end up just buying her next time I get a coupon

Wowbagger

I finally unlocked Nova Prime a few days ago. Yay! One thing I don't get is the general dislike of slow Nova in parties. A few randoms have complained now. Makes me kinda not want to use her, despite really liking her otherwise.

I don't think there is a general dislike of Slow Nova. The randoms who complained probably did so because your use of Molecular Prime needlessly prolonged a mission of trivial difficulty. For easy Defense missions, consider bringing Fast Nova or reserve use of her ultimate for when players go down/syndicate assassins spawn/etc.

Amon37

On a semi related note, I thought I would go and start that Mesa quest today. Did the quest itself, but what a load of shit to build those keys. 3 nav coordinates per key is just dumb. Thats some serious hoop jumping considering the rarity of the co-ordinates, and then you still have to rely on good old rng when you kill the boss. Especially compared to the more recent Inaros and Titania quests, there's a lot of fuckery at work.

I may end up just buying her next time I get a coupon

Well there are usually invasion missions and if your run ODD they are now a reward there as well. Also key sharing provides 4 runs with 1 key.

Cracklox

I don't think there is a general dislike of Slow Nova. The randoms who complained probably did so because your use of Molecular Prime needlessly prolonged a mission of trivial difficulty. For easy Defense missions, consider bringing Fast Nova or reserve use of her ultimate for when players go down/syndicate assassins spawn/etc.

Ok thanks. I guess I spam MP a little too often sometimes. Exploding enemies are fun yo. A couple of people complained in Akkad though, around wave 15, which isn't that low level. We did have issues with enemies spawning that run, which I don't think I caused. Anyway, duly noted

Well there are usually invasion missions and if your run ODD they are now a reward there as well. Also key sharing provides 4 runs with 1 key.

Yeah, I know where to get them from, just not looking forward to having to get likely 20+ together. I haven't played derelict stuff for a while but a while back I did quite a few ODS runs, and some ODD as well, looking for some other stuff. I had but one single nav component to show from all of that. That was before the star chart change though, so I'm hoping the RNG on them has improved some

Slowva is useful on MD , Assasination, capture , rescue, usurpation and extermination gamemodes in other modes Slowva can prolong the match more than necessary and starts to be a chore because you need to clear the waves as fast as you can and some modes like excavation its a nightmare to go for the cores.

frizby

Slowva is useful on MD , Assasination, capture , rescue, usurpation and extermination gamemodes in other modes Slowva can prolong the match more than necessary and starts to be a chore because you need to clear the waves as fast as you can and some modes like excavation its a nightmare to go for the cores.

Yup, I find myself frequently wanting to ask a Nova to stop priming. My suggestion is that if you're going to play her in Defense, Survival or Excavation, wait until the enemies get to higher levels or are coming in greater numbers. Then people won't mind her so much.

Cracklox

Yup, I find myself frequently wanting to ask a Nova to stop priming. My suggestion is that if you're going to play her in Defense, Survival or Excavation, wait until the enemies get to higher levels or are coming in greater numbers. Then people won't mind her so much.

Yeah, a couple of people in one group at least had the decency to ask. Had a couple of occasions where everyone selects carry on, and at the last second they all switch, leaving you to solo. That fucking shits me bad (one group was from the alliance too...). Though I later put 2 and 2 together on why it happened.

I guess I get why in defense, which is where I had the problems, but I didn't realise people have issues in survival and excavation as well. Reluctantly duly noted

VariantX

I don't even prime anymore unless someone goes down. Besides, the real monster isn't molecular prime, its Tigris/Sancti Tigris/Tigris Prime + Antimatter Drop. It's much cheaper to cast, does stupid amounts of damage, has a relatively large explosion radius, can guide it with your reticule, will easily kill level 100+ targets and does radiation damage to have the survivors aggro each other.

VandalD

Yeah, a couple of people in one group at least had the decency to ask. Had a couple of occasions where everyone selects carry on, and at the last second they all switch, leaving you to solo. That fucking shits me bad (one group was from the alliance too...). Though I later put 2 and 2 together on why it happened.

I guess I get why in defense, which is where I had the problems, but I didn't realise people have issues in survival and excavation as well. Reluctantly duly noted
Did you have someone ask you to stop priming in an excavation? That's very strange to me. It's not like there's usually a shortage of power cells in multiplayer. Then again, there was this time that a guy complained in an excavation about my Frost globe being too big. As I was ice waving entire rooms to slow them down for easy kills. Survival makes a little more sense because you need to keep the kills going, but it's not like you're stuck having to defend one spot.

Amon37

Weird, I've never had someone ask me stop priming except when I forgot to switch to a fast build for an ODD. I slow prime in excavation especially if there is no frost and higher level grineer missinons because fast priming with like 5 bombards around can get ugly fast.

VariantX

Gonna do a ton of statue hunting today, I finally have a reason to actually spend 30 minutes searching an entire tileset for treasure rooms now. Little things like this make the game much more fun for me.

Edit: Love when new syndicate weapons come out, easiest plat you'll ever make.

Cracklox

Did you have someone ask you to stop priming in an excavation? That's very strange to me. It's not like there's usually a shortage of power cells in multiplayer. Then again, there was this time that a guy complained in an excavation about my Frost globe being too big. As I was ice waving entire rooms to slow them down for easy kills. Survival makes a little more sense because you need to keep the kills going, but it's not like you're stuck having to defend one spot.

Nah just defense. Though a couple of people here mentioned folks can have issues in excavation, which I'm still not exactly sure why for the same reason you mention. But, when in Rome I guess...

And lol at too bigga Frost globe

Weird, I've never had someone ask me stop priming except when I forgot to switch to a fast build for an ODD. I slow prime in excavation especially if there is no frost and higher level grineer missinons because fast priming with like 5 bombards around can get ugly fast.

Most of the pubs love priming, except maybe from hardcore guys or the guys from the alliance who are really into the game.

Yep and yep. That's what i thought as well. Heck, I always like having a Nova in pubs if I'm not using her. Fast, slow, doesn't really matter, as long as shit blows up. The whole clear a stuff a bit slower really doesn't bother me.

Cracklox

Finding ways to cheese MR tests is fun. MR 13 disappearing platform test was proving painful until I figured out I could just use Titanias 4 and just fly around and shoot everyone

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
As loki you can also switch teleport with the enemies on the perimeter platforms that don't dissappear if you have enough power range.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
That archwing section looks like shit. I thought we were past turrent/on rails sections. The
operator walking in the snow
looks like typical AAA forced slow mo walk too which I hate. Rest of looks good. Like the smough guards.

Curious how the rest of it goes.

Oooh Valkyr prime leaked:

fnFnJWE.jpg

Cernos Prime

joX3MHo.jpg

Top Bottom