• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Amon37

Don't think you need 3 unique ones. I got the power one twice and it counted.

I happen to get 3 unique one but that isn't shocking since I never did them before.

I've played through most of the TWW (had to stop due to parenting duties lol)

I like the lore
I like the presentation
I hate the mechanics

Also here is not really a spoiler for the story but for more of a warning. I'll tag it anyway.

when it asks you to commit to a frame make sure it's not squishy.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah pretty much same for me. Story was nice but the missions were lame (That archwing part...why?) and the new mechanic is awkward as fuck. After I beat WW tried to do a couple kuva farms and ember kept using fireball instead of
transference
I dashed right through the vacuum thing too but it didn't stop and just finished and disappeared.

Finished TWW, brb making an Worm Avy.

Anyway

Who was the corpse on the cave
Why there are orokin worms eating tenno
How many orokin/human died down there, so many bones
Why I cant steal that flying ayatan sculpture ( I loved the reveal of simbolism on the ayatan sculptures)
The twins were the creators of the orokin Warframe or just the trascendence ability?

BHK3

Banned
Ok so I see all these warframe trailers and it makes me wanna get back into it. I remember really liking the tower missions, the aesthetics of the levels were sublime and it was just pure bliss in being in a horde match essentially. I was told that this was all removed though, was there any sort of replacement? I wanna just hop back into warframe and just kill waves of enemies

VariantX

Anyway

Why I cant steal that flying ayatan sculpture ( I loved the reveal of simbolism on the ayatan sculptures)
The twins were the creators of the orokin Warframe or just the trascendence ability?

I always thought that those scientists stumbled upon the concept of transference in the rhino flavor text.

Holy shit they ruined stealth. I used to solo exterminates to max out my syndicates but now the enemies have insane corpse vision cones so it's basically impossible to keep up a stealth multiplier. RIP playing this daily
I guess. This plus going through 8 Axi V5 and not getting a Valkyr chassis makes me kinda want to take a break.

Holy shit they ruined stealth. I used to solo exterminates to max out my syndicates but now the enemies have insane corpse vision cones so it's basically impossible to keep up a stealth multiplier. RIP playing this daily
I guess. This plus going through 8 Axi V5 and not getting a Valkyr chassis makes me kinda want to take a break.

While I agree that the stealth changes came out of nowhere and were badly handled, it's still possible (though admittedly, more difficult and not as efficient) to maintain a stealth multiplier.

Don't try killing groups of enemies, instead pick off those wandering around by themselves and out of sight. If you alert an enemy, it's not a big deal, they go back to their un-alerted state after a while, just ignore them and continue into the next room and kill the unaware enemies there to maintain the stealth multiplier and then come back to kill those you alerted earlier.

While I agree that the stealth changes came out of nowhere and were badly handled, it's still possible (though admittedly, more difficult and not as efficient) to maintain a stealth multiplier.

Don't try killing groups of enemies, instead pick off those wandering around by themselves and out of sight. If you alert an enemy, it's not a big deal, they go back to their un-alerted state after a while, just ignore them and continue into the next room and kill the unaware enemies there to maintain the stealth multiplier and then come back to kill those you alerted earlier.

I have to admit, I don't see how this is possible with the way that the enemies bunch together and the new stealth mechanics. When I tried killing two enemies that were standing so close together they were touching in one melee strike, it seems that one enemy activated the stealth multiplier and then the other was immediately alerted during the same swing and ended my streak when he died. I would have to individually pull 100+ enemies to be able to keep up my multiplier. I used to be able to max out my syndicate cap in 20-25 minutes each day but now...

It's funny, I used to max out my focus cap before they nerfed it with the convergence mechanic, and now they've destroyed stealth affinity gains. Double-grinding for relics and traces has also not been the improvement I was expecting. It seems you either play this game super casually or live in it until you get burned out. I don't play many multiplayer games so this is my first experience with a dev altering a game so much from something I enjoyed to feeling like it's a chore to get through every day.

Dave1988

Ok so I see all these warframe trailers and it makes me wanna get back into it. I remember really liking the tower missions, the aesthetics of the levels were sublime and it was just pure bliss in being in a horde match essentially. I was told that this was all removed though, was there any sort of replacement? I wanna just hop back into warframe and just kill waves of enemies

The void tilesets are still there. You just can't farm prime items from them anymore.

Anyway

I went back and checked my recording, that corpse is still there when you go back to the cavern after completing the mission. I took the entire first trip to the mountain to be a dream sequence of sorts, since Ordis definitely didn't dump you off there with the Purge Precept in real life, so it's not really clear who that is or why they're there.

They're blind and seem to just respond to movement, no real differentiation on what walks around there. They're more like cleaner worms.

It would make sense then that you toss the old Orokin bodies down there after they transfer into their new bodies.

The Kuria curiosities indicate that there was some kind of stigma for twins born in the Orokin, before the fall of the Empire. According to the Kuria lines, they were matured just in time for the Uprising, so it's unlikely they had to do with the creation of the Warframes or Transference. They are true Orokin for sure. But I actually took the Elder's line, "We conceived of these ugly, metal cysts" to be talking about Orokin as a whole rather than specifically about either Elder or Worm. We also know for sure they're not the creators of Transference, that was Margulis. And we know from the Rhino Prime entry that there were people working on Warframe projects before the Zamarian event, before the Uprising.

I went back and checked my recording, that corpse is still there when you go back to the cavern after completing the mission. I took the entire first trip to the mountain to be a dream sequence of sorts, since Ordis definitely didn't dump you off there with the Purge Precept in real life, so it's not really clear who that is or why they're there.

They're blind and seem to just respond to movement, no real differentiation on what walks around there. They're more like cleaner worms.

It would make sense then that you toss the old Orokin bodies down there after they transfer into their new bodies.

The Kuria curiosities indicate that there was some kind of stigma for twins born in the Orokin, before the fall of the Empire. According to the Kuria lines, they were matured just in time for the Uprising, so it's unlikely they had to do with the creation of the Warframes or Transference. They are true Orokin for sure. But I actually took the Elder's line, "We conceived of these ugly, metal cysts" to be talking about Orokin as a whole rather than specifically about either Elder or Worm. We also know for sure they're not the creators of Transference, that was Margulis. And we know from the Rhino Prime entry that there were people working on Warframe projects before the Zamarian event, before the Uprising.
The corpse have even a blindfold, Tenshin said he just gave up in the dream secuence I have the idea is another operator of some sort.

I wonder if the twins got involved in some sort of transference since they know how to perform and it looks like they alreado do that previously on grinners bodies

I want to do this alert on Tharsis Mars but when I click on the alert it sends me to Mars on the Star Chart but nothing happens and I do not see Tharsis on the map. Not only that, but the game then seems to bug out and I cannot exit the Star Chart at all.

Amon37

FYI I'll be out of town on business again, if I can't get remote play to work on my tablet I won't be logging on for about a week.

Kalentan

Okay how the fuck are you supposed to beat the Rank 8 test? I watch videos but the amount of buttons you have to press in a split second to get the high jump is stupid!

Edit: Actually once you look it up it's a lot simpler than some videos showed. >.>

VariantX

Think I can finally play this for a significant amount of time now that I got a couple of days off from work coming up soon. I have only completed TWW. I have had no time to even attempt farming the new primes. Hell, I haven't even finished with nekros prime yet.

Think I can finally play this for a significant amount of time now that I got a couple of days off from work coming up soon. I have only completed TWW. I have had no time to even attempt farming the new primes. Hell, I haven't even finished with nekros prime yet.

Farms relics then farm traces is a bit annoying for me. new relics have more chances to get old primes parts easier than the default prime parts you are supposed to look for

frizby

Okay how the fuck are you supposed to beat the Rank 8 test? I watch videos but the amount of buttons you have to press in a split second to get the high jump is stupid!

Edit: Actually once you look it up it's a lot simpler than some videos showed. >.>

You might already know, but just in case, you can practice your mastery tests in the relays by cephalon simaris.

Can I get invited to whatever the new GAF clan is now?

PSN: HooYaH

Will get you in the morning if nobody beats me to it. Welcome back!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How the hell do you play this game

I'm so fucking confused

I tried reading up and still confuses the fuck out of me

Usually I pickup on Game mechanics and how progress works, but seriously, joining co-op games only to see your teammates fly by like a mile, while you can only roll maybe 10 feet is like holy shit, let me catch up to get the xp

I have Mag @16 or 18
Using a Bow, Sword, and Pistol
Getting them to 30

So much shit is locked out for me gaming wise, I try to join Void Fissures, but it keeps asking for Relics, which I did have 2, no clue how I got them, got rewards, then just play them for fun w/o relic

Would need someone here to just give me a small heads up on what I should do
Also trying to chase all the trophies in this game, yes I'm a mad man

Cracklox

Ha, good question. It took me longer then usual to get my head around everything as well, but with lots of trial and error, and some helpful folk around here it all started to come together after a while. Kill shit, have fun, learn something, apply for more killing of shit and unlock something is a pretty basic formula I tried to run with in the early days

Usually I pickup on Game mechanics and how progress works, but seriously, joining co-op games only to see your teammates fly by like a mile, while you can only roll maybe 10 feet is like holy shit, let me catch up to get the xp

L1 slide into your jumps. You'll go further then 10 feet ;)

Regarding progress, it comes in a few ways. The early quests, Mastery Rank (MR) and star chart progress would be the things to focus on early. MR is earned by ranking up weapons, frame, companions etc. There are certain weapons and quests that require you to be a certain rank, although I believe thats only up until MR13. Anything after that is e-peen size only really. A few other things:

- Star chart progress is important to unlock nodes to be able to run relic missions (which is prob why you can't get in to many) and also, after the recentish re-work, to pick up quests as rewards for completing the planet junctions.

- The early quests, I didn't find too amazing, but they serve a purpose to introduce you to things in the game like Kubrows (dogs), Archwing (which is actually pretty fun. Just ignore the haters) and syndicates (very important later on)

- A standard piece of advice for most newcomers, is go beat up the Venus boss a few times, and get the Rhino frame. Its durable, with a pretty handy all around kit that should serve you well as you start to get into some higher level stuff.

- New Frames are unlocked in a variety of ways, but a common way is, like Rhino, to kill a boss few times. Each frame has 4 components to build. One of those (the blueprint) can be purchased with in game credits from the marketplace, and the other 3 will drop randomly after killing a boss. That means, if you get lucky you can have all the pieces you need to build a frame in 3 boss runs.

- Also don't forget to rank up your mods. Not all obviously, just the ones you plan on using. Things like vitality, serration and redirection are pretty common and will be eternally useful. The systems much easier to understand now with endo being a universal upgrade component too.

- If you just piss fart around, unlock some nodes, kill a bunch of shit, do a few quests, unlock a frame or two, then in no time you should find you have amassed a bunch of relics, and unlocked a few nodes to increase your odds of being able to use them as well. Then you can look at start running more relic missions to get that sweet, sweet Prime gear. Until then I wouldn't worry too much about them.

So much shit is locked out for me gaming wise, I try to join Void Fissures, but it keeps asking for Relics, which I did have 2, no clue how I got them, got rewards, then just play them for fun w/o relic

Ya, the locked out part is mostly tied to the aforementioned Mastery Rank and/or lack of star chart progress. Relics are rewards for all sorts of different mission types. Personally I like running defense missions for them, because aside from being a fun game mode, you can potentially earn 4 relics per run if RNJesus is kind. Excavation and survival are good for them and pretty fun as well. Interception will get you relics, but its pretty boring solo. Spy missions I think are good for them too, but that requires being sneaky instead of killing all the shit, so I tend to avoid them.

Also, there is Gaf clan if you leave your PSN. There's 4 Frames I think, and a bunch of weapons that can only be acquired from clan research so its worth doing if you plan on being around for a while

Also trying to chase all the trophies in this game, yes I'm a mad man

*looks at avatar quote *

What your Preferred Pooping Position?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
And don't forget, you can always set matchmaking to Solo if you want to take your time and do a mission by yourself. I wouldn't try to solo things like Defense, Excavation, Interception, etc, but Spy, Extermination, Survival, Capture and Sabotage can be really fun solo.

Kalentan

I'm so fucking confused

I tried reading up and still confuses the fuck out of me

Part of this is why I only play either friends friends or randoms for Survival/Defenses. People just fly through the missions so quickly and becomes boring.

Being carried by a more powerful player is one of the most boring experiences you can have in this game, I'd suggest avoiding public matchmaking unless it's an endless mission type (survival, defense, interception, excavation). Solo mode also has the added benefit of being able to pause.

Kalentan

Being carried by a more powerful player is one of the most boring experiences you can have in this game, I'd suggest avoiding public matchmaking unless it's an endless mission type (survival, defense, interception, excavation). Solo mode also has the added benefit of being able to pause.

Wait... You can pause in solo mode?

I never cared about the grind in this game, so basically something like going into a tower mission is still around?

Void is now a permanent part of the starchart just like any other planet and it still has 4 tiers, though they are no longer labeled that way.

The different tiers are unlocked from different planets and as you progress, what used to be T1 is unlocked from Phobos, T2 from Neptune, T3 from Europa and T4 from Sedna.

Wait... You can pause in solo mode?

Yes, just bring up the main menu.

So how do you farm for prime parts now?

Keys were replaced with relics.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Who is clan leader on GAF?
I'm on, so I can accept invite if possible

PSN: GraveRobberX, same as GAF

Playing daily mid afternoon, East Coast (NYC)

Lua Spy mission was fun, scary but fun , also glitchy if you want to form a group and get kicked.

Thats a lot of trouble for a spy mission with no spy mission rewards

VariantX

Lua Spy mission was fun, scary but fun , also glitchy if you want to form a group and get kicked.

Thats a lot of trouble for a spy mission with no spy mission rewards

Drop tables get nerfed? I got my hands on a couple of rare stance mods pretty quickly from doing lua spy missions.

VandalD

So I got Mesa recently and been having an absolute blast playing her. Any suggestions for mods?
Here's a picture of the mods I use.

Mesa is solid. You could do just fine without several of these mods, and I'm sure this build isn't "optimal" but it works well for me. You could just build for duration and efficiency while also sticking on a single intensify and she'd still be 95% resistant to bullets with shatter shield up. You don't really need range IMO, but I feel like it's nice for her 2 to have a decent amount of range, and not just be a complete dump stat, so it can interrupt melee attackers a little earlier, on top of giving you a nice damage bonus. It's really hard to go wrong with her.

If you're lucky enough to have or find Rapid Resilience, it's great to put on Mesa. Proc damages from burns, slashes, and toxins are pretty much the only things that can take her out.

You could also go all out power strength, but I find her 4 doesn't need all that strength, even at sortie level. And of course, the aura is interchangeable with corrosive projection, but I like to keep siphon on for quick missions where I won't have time to use zenurik. The power drift is also unnecessary. You could switch that out for a mobility mod or really anything else.

frizby

I dig Mesa in theory, but I have a single fundamental issue with her that causes me to never play her...she has to remain completely stationary to use one of her main abilities. She shares this issue with Nyx, Banshee, Hydroid, and probably at least one or two more that I'm not thinking of. In a game this fast paced, it's kind of a deal breaker.

But different strokes for different folks! I'm glad some of you enjoy her.

Amon37

I dig Mesa in theory, but I have a single fundamental issue with her that causes me to never play her...she has to remain completely stationary to use one of her main abilities. She shares this issue with Nyx, Banshee, Hydroid, and probably at least one or two more that I'm not thinking of. In a game this fast paced, it's kind of a deal breaker.

But in defense or excavation you have an aggro'd stationary target for the enemies. Also since the change to her ability I use her more as a pop and stop instead of full on wave clearing and she used to be.

Kalentan

Here's a picture of the mods I use.

Mesa is solid. You could do just fine without several of these mods, and I'm sure this build isn't "optimal" but it works well for me. You could just build for duration and efficiency while also sticking on a single intensify and she'd still be 95% resistant to bullets with shatter shield up. You don't really need range IMO, but I feel like it's nice for her 2 to have a decent amount of range, and not just be a complete dump stat, so it can interrupt melee attackers a little earlier, on top of giving you a nice damage bonus. It's really hard to go wrong with her.

If you're lucky enough to have or find Rapid Resilience, it's great to put on Mesa. Proc damages from burns, slashes, and toxins are pretty much the only things that can take her out.

You could also go all out power strength, but I find her 4 doesn't need all that strength, even at sortie level. And of course, the aura is interchangeable with corrosive projection, but I like to keep siphon on for quick missions where I won't have time to use zenurik. The power drift is also unnecessary. You could switch that out for a mobility mod or really anything else.

This is what I currently have:

31512394711_e53f511bed_o.png

It's been working for me but it's really just my Frost Prime mods put onto Mesa as I don't really have anything else that really works for her. Trying to get Steel Meridian up so I can start to buy her mods from them.

VandalD

This is what I currently have:

It's been working for me but it's really just my Frost Prime mods put onto Mesa as I don't really have anything else that really works for her. Trying to get Steel Meridian up so I can start to buy her mods from them.
One thing I'd suggest is getting rid of steel fiber in favor of continuity. Mesa's armor value isn't that great, so boosting it by a percentage doesn't give you that much. Duration will help you keep your damage buff and shatter shield up, while also reducing the energy over time cost of peacemaker a bit.

Equilibrium isn't something I'd use on Mesa either at this point, but I can see it being useful if you don't have fleeting expertise and don't have an easy way to heal, like life strike or medi ray. I also find redirection to be unnecessary, but again, it's probably nice to have if you lack healing or fleeting expertise. Mag might be the only one I'd use redirection on now, unless they make shields more worthwhile.

Even if you play her without using peacemakers, she has a decent buff and is far tankier than she appears with shatter shield running. I suppose for some she is a bit on the boring side to play, but she is very effective at living through a fight and making sure things die quickly. She'd feel a lot clunkier to me if she couldn't pull out the peacemakers in the air. It can be good fun bullet jumping into a room, popping peacemakers, and just spinning around destroying everything.

Top Bottom