• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Dave1988

Well that Valkyrie Prime gives me an excuse to go relic hunting for it now.

There's no point at the moment. Once Valkyr Prime is out, they'll introduce new relics that have her parts.

Venka Prime stats:
- ATTACK SPEED: 1.05
- PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 55
- IMPACT: 2.75
- PUNCTURE: 11
- SLASH: 41.25
- CRIT CHANCE: 25.00%
- CRIT MULTIPLIER: 2.5x
- STATUS CHANCE: 15.00%

That archwing section looks like shit. I thought we were past turrent/on rails sections. The
operator walking in the snow
looks like typical AAA forced slow mo walk too which I hate. Rest of looks good. Like the smough guards.

Curious how the rest of it goes.

Oooh Valkyr prime leaked:

fnFnJWE.jpg

Cernos Prime

joX3MHo.jpg

.....I need 70 dollars asap

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Coming back to Warframe after 8 months or so has certainly been...interesting. So many new systems. Definitely going to take some time to learn.

Also, the last thing I did before I stopped playing was farm up a complete Rhino Prime set. What's that going for now that it's been vaulted for a few months?

Amon37

Coming back to Warframe after 8 months or so has certainly been...interesting. So many new systems. Definitely going to take some time to learn.

Also, the last thing I did before I stopped playing was farm up a complete Rhino Prime set. What's that going for now that it's been vaulted for a few months?

200-250 for a full set

frizby

I don't know if I'm the only one grinding out Index mods, but Shield Charger is eluding me in a huge way. I have tons of all the rest. If anybody gets a spare and wants to trade...

I've also been thinning inactive players out the clan, and we're down to about 70. At some point, that will be a problem with our alliance, which is kind of high maintenance. I may just leave them before they kick us and see if V is back in some semblence of working order. I could also downsize the clan to 30, but we have probably 50 legit active players. Any thoughts?

I don't know if I'm the only one grinding out Index mods, but Shield Charger is eluding me in a huge way. I have tons of all the rest. If anybody gets a spare and wants to trade...

I've also been thinning inactive players out the clan, and we're down to about 70. At some point, that will be a problem with our alliance, which is kind of high maintenance. I may just leave them before they kick us and see if V is back in some semblence of working order. I could also downsize the clan to 30, but we have probably 50 legit active players. Any thoughts?

Why would they kick us? Its not like they are super active in the active chat

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
So I just started playing the PC version again after starting and dropping it last year. I know that there's a sizable update out now, but how many actual beginners/mid level players are there? Every time I try to find someone to play with via matchmaking I can't seem to find anyone :/

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Why would the alliance care about how many ppl are in each individual clan? Can they even check that? It's not like there's a net negative afaik or is there a cap on the number of clans in an alliance? The only "bad thing" I can think of is ppl just joining for clan research stuff and bailing but that's not a problem for them.

I'll check out index next week. Too busy atm. Got 2 midterms and a formal physics lab due on Teus. I just wanna sleep now lol

frizby

Why would they kick us? Its not like they are super active in the active chat

Why would the alliance care about how many ppl are in each individual clan? Can they even check that? It's not like there's a net negative afaik or is there a cap on the number of clans in an alliance? The only "bad thing" I can think of is ppl just joining for clan research stuff and bailing but that's not a problem for them.

I'll check out index next week. Too busy atm. Got 2 midterms and a formal physics lab due on Teus. I just wanna sleep now lol

I have to send a screen cap of our clan activity every month as a condition of being in the alliance. It's invisible to you guys (as intended). They're trying to ensure that clans are active, which is understandable, and they're doing a great job, but it's right on the cusp of micromanagement. As I understand it, they're looking for clans to be at 80% of capacity, which we'll be well short of unless I do another recruiting push.

I guess the operative question is...does anybody even care about the alliance?

Isn't the index a timed event?

VandalD

So I just started playing the PC version again after starting and dropping it last year. I know that there's a sizable update out now, but how many actual beginners/mid level players are there? Every time I try to find someone to play with via matchmaking I can't seem to find anyone :/
As far as I know, the low level nodes can be pretty barren. I occasionally go to the earlier planets with an unmodded Braton Prime to see if there are newbies to help in the public queue, and I don't tend to run into that many. At least you're more likely to get a group now with the star chart rework's massive reduction in missions per planet. It makes sense, what with how much veteran players can just completely make the game unfun for a new player. I remember having the same issue with just ending up following other people around and trying to pick up loot as they finish the mission for me and I get to just run to extraction. And with there being no control over who can join your public game, I assume most people tend to just play with friends or solo unless specifically farming for something.

If you need help with anything on the PC side, feel free to give me a message. I use the same name there.

Also, there's a PC thread. Potential spoilers there of course.

Yeah it is. Apparently it's supposed to eventually be a part of one of the planets, like Rathuum with Sedna. But that hasn't happened yet on PC and I don't remember hearing word of it happening any time soon.

Amon37

I have to send a screen cap of our clan activity every month as a condition of being in the alliance. It's invisible to you guys (as intended). They're trying to ensure that clans are active, which is understandable, and they're doing a great job, but it's right on the cusp of micromanagement. As I understand it, they're looking for clans to be at 80% of capacity, which we'll be well short of unless I do another recruiting push.

As soon as I saw no profanity in the alliance chat I was like lol.

Seriously though, if we aren't running solar rails, have only super active clans does nothing for the alliance monetarily or in game rep wise so why?

Also since you have to join all the ps4 communities because they allow nothing in chat, the chat is only price checking utility.

Let me ask you frizby, in your mind how has the alliance helped us as a clan?

frizby

Finally got a Shield Charger.

I have to say, I think the Index is pretty good. It could use a few tweaks, but it's fun to play.

VariantX

Yep, its timed, and now that I have finally been granted a day off work after a super-hectic holiday week, I can try to grind out all of the mods for it. I still need the Thermagnetic Shells and Static discharge. I have no intention of using a prova, I just want the mod for completionists sake. I wish rathuum worked the way the index did with its mods instead of making us grind pointless matches just so we can fight kela and hope we get a mod we didn't already have to begin with. I really hate fighting kela because of the phases...

frizby

As soon as I saw no profanity in the alliance chat I was like lol.

Seriously though, if we aren't running solar rails, have only super active clans does nothing for the alliance monetarily or in game rep wise so why?

Also since you have to join all the ps4 communities because they allow nothing in chat, the chat is only price checking utility.

Let me ask you frizby, in your mind how has the alliance helped us as a clan?

I sure don't.

Lol. I figured as much.

Having the best intentions, I wanted to give you guys a larger player base and maybe an opportunity to set up raids, relic groups and such. We have a nice active group, but we usually only have a few people on at a time, so that was the idea. But it's a little bit high maintenance for me, and the marginal utility for you guys doesn't seem to be there. I'm also giving them feedback, and they seem receptive. We'll see how it goes. We may go independent again or see how things are in "V"...always liked their emblem.

Wow thats bullshit, sorry

I use the alliance for price checks and get banned, previous alliance was súper helpful and less strict.

This alliance rarely talks outside the newbies. But is my main resource for serious group farming aka LoR or JV

ZangBa

Spent like 3 nights trying to get the Soma Prime stock and never got it. Of course I get 2 rares from random intact relics I used just for void traces, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Heads up, there's also a new PS+ Starter Pack that apparently just came out today. And since it's new, you can redeem it even if you redeemed the previous one. So get on that, too. Free Plat is good Plat!

Cracklox

Heads up, there's also a new PS+ Starter Pack that apparently just came out today. And since it's new, you can redeem it even if you redeemed the previous one. So get on that, too. Free Plat is good Plat!

Thanks for the heads up. A little low on plat right now too

edit: Boo! Don't think its available in my region (Aus). Only see the old one which it won't let me redeem.

frizby

The struggle for Valkyr was real, particularly the chassis. Those Axi V5 relics were hard to come by, and I think it took me five of them. The upside, I suppose, is that I got Venka blades with three of my misses, and I got plenty of the other relics I needed for Venka and Cernos along the way.

The other problem with the V5 keys is that they'd pop up on Heiracon and then be some other relic on the rewards screen. Super annoying, and I ended up grinding out the relics on Xini, which is boring as shit but can be played 80% AFK.

Anyway, just the cernos now...

Amon37

The struggle for Valkyr was real, particularly the chassis. Those Axi V5 relics were hard to come by, and I think it took me five of them. The upside, I suppose, is that I got Venka blades with three of my misses, and I got plenty of the other relics I needed for Venka and Cernos along the way.

The other problem with the V5 keys is that they'd pop up on Heiracon and then be some other relic on the rewards screen. Super annoying, and I ended up grinding out the relics on Xini, which is boring as shit but can be played 80% AFK.

Ugh, we'll I'm finally back from business travel hopefully I can get time to play and grind out some parts, so heiracon as usual I take it.

I'm pissed I missed the whole index event, I'm taking ps4 next business trip lol

frizby

Finished up the Cernos today, so all 3 are cooking or done.

I guess it's time to give Valkyr a proper try, but I just don't get into the melee in this game.

Amon37

Finished up the Cernos today, so all 3 are cooking or done.

I guess it's time to give Valkyr a proper try, but I just don't get into the melee in this game.

My problem is I don't get into bows, they just seem super inefficient, or I'm just a horrible shot.

frizby

My problem is I don't get into bows, they just seem super inefficient, or I'm just a horrible shot.

I'm mostly with you on bows, but Rakta Cernos is pretty awesome. The fire rate is quick, even without mods, and it's fun to use. I'll have to compare the stats on Rakta vs Prime.

Amon37

I'm mostly with you on bows, but Rakta Cernos is pretty awesome. The fire rate is quick, even without mods, and it's fun to use. I'll have to compare the stats on Rakta vs Prime.

I glanced on the wiki and saw that the prime can shoot multiple arrows? Maybe that'll help me lol

VandalD

I glanced on the wiki and saw that the prime can shoot multiple arrows? Maybe that'll help me lol
Cernos Prime shoots a fan of 3 arrows horizontally if you have no multishot, like Ivara's bow. If you have multishot, it can add more arrows fanning out even further. It fits pretty well coming out with Valkyr Prime, since she's meant to be up close to enemies. Cernos Prime is like a shotgun bow. I think I'll always prefer Rakta if only because of the energy proc, but it's cool that it's a bow that works differently than the others.

Rip Alliance, I hardly knew anyone there

I felt like Axi V5 was super exclusive for hieracon on my farming and never saw it on Xini, I got burnt of excavation I tried to avoid hieracon as much as I can.

Funny how I manage to get the weapons first than Valkyr P, I love my lady frame I will keep original Val on my frame list

frizby

Rip Alliance, I hardly knew anyone there

Not leaving just yet. It's really a good alliance. Just a little high maintenance.

I felt like Axi V5 was super exclusive for hieracon on my farming and never saw it on Xini, I got burnt of excavation I tried to avoid hieracon as much as I can.

Funny how I manage to get the weapons first than Valkyr P, I love my lady frame I will keep original Val on my frame list

FWIW, the V5 relics are rotation C on Xini, supposedly 10% drop rate, which feels about right based on my experience.

Rotation A consistently drops Neo relics
Rotation B consistently (maybe always) drops a common Axi relic
Rotation C always drops an uncommon/rare Axi relic (including V5)

So not bad, but a brutally boring level to play. Suggest playing semi AFK with Nova.

Edit: Played with Cernos Prime a bit. It falls prey to the same problem I have with most bows...the fire rate. Rakta Cernos is the only exception.

frizby

FYI, I'm working on a new, less oppressive alliance, even though I don't get the feeling anybody got much use out of the last one. And I'm not in a huge hurry. Want to find the right fit.

Apparently somebody sent the alliance leader screens of this thread, which is fine, because I'm all about transparency, but feathers were ruffled. It is a bit weird, childish and petty to use a clan's internal discussions against them, but it also seems kind of fitting for how that whole thing was going, and I'm happy to be free of it.

More to come when something new comes up. Open to feedback as always.

FYI, I'm working on a new, less oppressive alliance, even though I don't get the feeling anybody got much use out of the last one. And I'm not in a huge hurry. Want to find the right fit.

Apparently somebody sent the alliance leader screens of this thread, which is fine, because I'm all about transparency, but feathers were ruffled. It is a bit weird, childish and petty to use a clan's internal discussions against them, but it also seems kind of fitting for how that whole thing was going, and I'm happy to be free of it.

More to come when something new comes up. Open to feedback as always.

I am without words , I can expect that on Word of Warcraft but Warframe.

Those clan leaders can rule their three PS4 channels, Event permissions plus the alliance channel and their own clan channels and USA elections and huh thats a lot of desire to keep everything in check which could be understandable on that strict enviroment but Gaf people sending screenshots to them its crazy and disappointing I know some of us are in the alliance but thats pretty low on you guys, seriously.

Top Bottom