• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

BigAl1992

I know this question may have been asked before, but you know for relics, when they're assigned to a different rotation based on the map and game type you play, how exactly does that work, because I'm trying to get my head around it for getting specific relics. Also, I'm currently at Neptune on the solar map; does anyone have any tips on how to progress from Neptune onward, as I wan to get the war within mission over the holidays. I'm Close to Mastery level 8 btw.

Amon37

I know this question may have been asked before, but you know for relics, when they're assigned to a different rotation based on the map and game type you play, how exactly does that work, because I'm trying to get my head around it for getting specific relics. Also, I'm currently at Neptune on the solar map; does anyone have any tips on how to progress from Neptune onward, as I wan to get the war within mission over the holidays. I'm Close to Mastery level 8 btw.

You can't take aim for a specific relic only a specific relic set. Like people farm IO Jupiter for Meso Relics, but you can't farm specifically for a Meso V4.

frizby

Relic drops vary based on game type. Rotation intervals are A, A, B, C on all game types. So for excavation, the first two excavators are rotation A, the third is B, and the fourth is C. Defense is based on sets of 5 waves. Survival is based on 5 minute intervals.

I don't know about tips for progression. Just do the requirements for the junction to Pluto. If you need help with those, let us know.

bLaiSe

Thanks for the gift ShikiAoi!

I'm doing daily giveaways on the alliance chat too for the charity gifting event. Planning on giving away 100p every day for a few days. Yesterday I just typed into the chat that the first 5 people to write what they want in the chat gets them (forma/potatoes). Starting today, I'm gonna do a 3 question WF related quiz. If anyone have any good ideas for the questions pls send me a PM. ;)

So yea bois, if you have some spare plat, gift stuff to help reach the goals for the charity event. :)

Been prepping for my first ever trip to the Void Trader these past few days. Got my first ever prime frame (Nova) through relics and trading, and I blasted through Neptune and Pluto to unlock the relay station he'd be visiting. But when I tried to travel to it today I didn't realize you had to be Mastery Level 8 to enter, so I did my test to reach level 6 today and ranked up a bunch of gear to do the level 7 test but found out you can only do one test every 24 hours. I'm going out of town tomorrow so I don't think I'll be getting a chance to visit the Trader. Going by his wares, I just wanted the Primed Point Blank mod.

If anyone would be kind enough to pick that mod up for me, I would defintely trade you prime blueprints equal to the ducat value, plus the credits, and an additional credit bonus or prime blueprint of your choosing.

VariantX

fuu..baro finally shows up on the solar map. So much easier to see than hoping you guess right if you don't get a communication from him for some reason.

Wowbagger

Been prepping for my first ever trip to the Void Trader these past few days. Got my first ever prime frame (Nova) through relics and trading, and I blasted through Neptune and Pluto to unlock the relay station he'd be visiting. But when I tried to travel to it today I didn't realize you had to be Mastery Level 8 to enter, so I did my test to reach level 6 today and ranked up a bunch of gear to do the level 7 test but found out you can only do one test every 24 hours. I'm going out of town tomorrow so I don't think I'll be getting a chance to visit the Trader. Going by his wares, I just wanted the Primed Point Blank mod.

If anyone would be kind enough to pick that mod up for me, I would defintely trade you prime blueprints equal to the ducat value, plus the credits, and an additional credit bonus or prime blueprint of your choosing.

He's not selling it on PS4.

frizby

It's actually a pretty epic week for the void trader.

All four primed mods are really useful, with Primed Continuity, Cryo Rounds and Flow being absolutely criitical. I also get a ton of use out of Pistol Ammo Mutation on my Synoid Gammacor.

He also has a couple of weapons, Prisma Shade, the impact mod set and several new cosmetics.

It's actually a pretty epic week for the void trader.

All four primed mods are really useful, with Primed Continuity, Cryo Rounds and Flow being absolutely criitical. I also get a ton of use out of Pistol Ammo Mutation on my Synoid Gammacor.

He also has a couple of weapons, Prisma Shade, the impact mod set and several new cosmetics.

Guess I gotta buy the cryo rounds....rarely use ice but if you say is good then I will bite

Wowbagger

Oh you're right. It looks like he's selling Primed Continuity, which I would also love to have.

You're in luck then! Picked up 10 of those. What's your PSN name?

Prime Pedestal ftw! Many of the repeats were also heavily discounted.

A 165% elemental mod, no matter what it is, is a must. It's already costed me five forma and made me use some guns that I haven't touched in forever.

I'm struggling to find good candidates for it. Either I want Argon Scope for guaranteed crits or Rime Rounds for status chance. And I need to do the math, but think Bladed Rounds beats a third damage mod on crit-viable weapons, even one that gives +165%; and I rarely get to run missions with 4x CP, so pure viral builds aren't that interesting.

Only put it on Boltor Prime and...

Glacion will rise for once!

...this one, so far! Glaxion is fun to use, but still doesn't seem all that good. Love its fast reload speed. Picked up the holiday themed skin for maximum bling and will play around with it some more.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably the polar (snow flake) skin. Both sigils from the pvp were old stuff we already had so it'd make sense. Don't like how they removed the permanent skins though. My candy cane scythe skins are gone :/ could use the whenever before.

frizby

I'm struggling to find good candidates for it. Either I want Argon Scope for guaranteed crits or Rime Rounds for status chance. And I need to do the math, but think Bladed Rounds beats a third damage mod on crit-viable weapons, even one that gives +165%; and I rarely get to run missions with 4x CP, so pure viral builds aren't that interesting.

Untortunately (or fortunately in this case), I don't want to be forced or even encouraged to constantly aim down sites. So I found at least 5-6 primaries to at least test it out on.

Oh wow thank you so much!

My PSN is El_Canadiano

1M credit trade tax on Primed Mods. Just in case you weren't aware.

Heh, seeing the tennobaum struggling to reach the next tier makes me oddly uncomfortable, I hope Darvo brings Porta set again in one of his dailies.

Wowbagger

Oh wow thank you so much!

My PSN is El_Canadiano

Barely missed you the day before yesterday. Saw you were logged on, travelled to the dojo and then you were gone before I could send an invite. :'( Should have messaged you straight away.

I'm in Europe and guess our play hours don't overlap too much, but I'm sure we'll meet eventually. I try to keep an eye on who is online, but might miss you. Send me a message if you see me online.

Untortunately (or fortunately in this case), I don't want to be forced or even encouraged to constantly aim down sites. So I found at least 5-6 primaries to at least test it out on.

Heh, I guess that's my problem. When I don't use precision weapons, I tend to use shotguns. :/

Any gun in particular you've found the mod fun on? Added a third to my collection now: the Prisma Tetra. Wanted to give the Kinetic Ricochet mod a try as well, but that seems very situational. At least, I'll always love that gun's sound effects.

Barely missed you the day before yesterday. Saw you were logged on, travelled to the dojo and then you were gone before I could send an invite. :'( Should have messaged you straight away.
Oh no! Yeah I'm on US eastern time so that probably isn't ideal, but I'm not in any rush so whenever it's convenient for you is fine with me. I'll defintely keep an eye on the clan roster for you.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This game is just not flowing with me
Its still fucking confusing

I wiki'd, how to, YouTube explanation
This is like some MMO shit that flies past my head

Everything is super time gated
I have 1 fucking Tenno (MAG)

The chat is trolls or spammers, if I get grouped is like 10 years old yelling crazily and not even doing stuff the mode asks for, just hollering into the mic

Seriously I want to invest time into this, but Holy Shit everything to really enjoy this is locked out by materials/currency/time all rolled into one

I go to our clan dojo, can't buy or make shit
I do missions, people kill everything before I can do anything

I did some infection mission and this dude had dome vortex gin killing enemies at am obscene rate, he carried me roughly up to Wave 35 for shits n' giggles

Seriously this game needs tutorials or great chart tree to make novices understand this shit

Still stuck with a bow, pistol, glaive. I've maxed out only sword so far.
No weapon drops of any kind, like the market is asking real money to buy weapons, I thought you could earn those?

Would invest some real money into this game if it was at least understandable
Its just clutter everywhere I fucking look

I just log in do a mission or two, get tired reading inane amount of info and once I try to understand, get fucked due to either not having the required "______" or sorry time sensitive, THEN WHY THE FUCK ON EARTH AM I PLAYING THIS!

I did some infection mission and this dude had dome vortex gin killing enemies at am obscene rate, he carried me roughly up to Wave 35 for shits n' giggles

giphy.gif

redhot_

The chat is trolls or spammers, if I get grouped is like 10 years old yelling crazily and not even doing stuff the mode asks for, just hollering into the mic

Seriously I want to invest time into this, but Holy Shit everything to really enjoy this is locked out by materials/currency/time all rolled into one

Seriously this game needs tutorials or great chart tree to make novices understand this shit

No weapon drops of any kind, like the market is asking real money to buy weapons, I thought you could earn those?

I just log in do a mission or two, get tired reading inane amount of info and once I try to understand, get fucked due to either not having the required "______" or sorry time sensitive, THEN WHY THE FUCK ON EARTH AM I PLAYING THIS!

When you're in the market there's an option to show blue prints that you purchase with credits not platinum.

My experience early in the game the best thing todo is clear missions solo or with a friend around your level.

Survivals and defence are good in groups but most other mission types at the start you might get a player in there annihilating everything before you can even see them.

frizby

Heh, I guess that's my problem. When I don't use precision weapons, I tend to use shotguns. :/

Any gun in particular you've found the mod fun on? Added a third to my collection now: the Prisma Tetra. Wanted to give the Kinetic Ricochet mod a try as well, but that seems very situational. At least, I'll always love that gun's sound effects.

I wouldn't call it "fun" per se. It just adds raw damage. I tried it on most of the basic assault rifles, but it really shined on the Simulor and the Tonkor, which are probably my most used primaries.

It's definitely a VERY deep game, and you'd be well served in the short term with a sherpa over party chat who can talk you through the basics. A number of folks in the clan would surely help out, myself included.

Honestly man, you sound exactly like me when I first started playing. So much so that after I installed it initially when it first came to PS4, I got frustrated and deleted it before coming back to it almost a year later. I love it and have played it since, but man it's hard to penetrate.

I spent a lot of time reading the wiki, tackling a little at a time. Slowly expanding the amount of content I would expose myself to helped a lot with not getting overwhelmed. To this day, I still don't do faction rep farming, conclave, or raid. This game has an abundance of stuff to do....take it slow, it's not going anywhere.

Its still fucking confusing...
Yeah, there's a LOT to this game, and its been in constant development since release so a lot has changed over time - very big things. Believe it or not a good amount of that development has been in trying to make it easier for new players, but it still has a good way to go on that front.

First thing to get used to - there's a different rhythm to Warframe because its very much based upon doing missions for materials and crafting new frames, weapons and gear. And any crafting has a real-time wait. So you'll run missions, queue up some items to be built in the Forge for use later on. Gear crafts pretty quick, usually a minute, while weapons are usually 12 to 24 hours. Warframes take the longest, with a 72 hour crafting time, so you put that stuff in the cooker and you'll have it for use in a few days. Don't feel pressured to rush this crafting process - its just what makes the pace of Warframe what it is as something you come back to every so often. Whenever I jump back into the game I usually have one or more new toys freshly crafted to play with, and by the end of a session I usually have one or more new things in the cooker for later.

When you're first starting out you're really looking to do two things:

1. Open up the star map node by node, and complee the junctions that allow you to move on to the next planet. Just run the missions, solo, or with friends or randoms via matchmaking. You'll gain in strength and gather plenty of credits and raw materials to use. There are always a rotating selection of timed ALERT missions which always offer up a little extra for completing them, but you'll need to have unlocked the node for that alert in the star map if you want to run the mission. So you'll want as many nodes open to you as possible to take full advantage. Note that if you don't have the node available yet, you can always join up with a friend who has unlocked it, and once you complete the mission you'll have it unlocked for yourself as well.

2. Build out your arsenal. This is a never ending goal in Warframe as there are always new frames and weapons and gear being added to the game. For starting gear and weapons you buy the blueprints in the market. Once you have the blueprint the item is available to craft and you can view what materials you need to build out the item. On the starmap you can select any planet and drill down to see which materials drop (click R3 on the PS4 and you'll see some materials on the right hand side). Gather, cook, repeat. Higher end gear may have tougher requirements, like researching the blueprints in the clan dojo rather than just buying them with credits. Other high end stuff is associated with more end-game activities like factions and sorties and raids. For Warframes you usually need to do something special like fighting bosses or running multipart quests. The wiki is what helps you here, and here's Rhino's page for more details - Rhino is a good second frame as he's tough as nails. There are also "prime" versions of weapons and warframes with extra bling and stats - you use a relic system and void fissures to acquire those parts - its kind of a bring-your-own-loot-table gameplay loop.

And of course WarframeGAF is here to help.

As your arsenal builds out you'll be able to craft custom loadouts for whatever the game throws at you, and all to get more gear for the new things added to the game to throw at you. Its the cycle of Warframe :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks guys

I really want to enjoy it
Will try again I guess
I mean its a free game, with cool mechanics, it just its so overwhelming lol

Like I want to build shit
I'm a god tier Resource Material + Gatherer mindset player from my MMO days

Just annoying that the game hamstrings you by putting you into groups with players that are absurdly overpowered
I enjoy co-oping

Story to me is pointless, could do w/o the shitty voice acting also
Tenno this, Tenno that

Thanks guys

I really want to enjoy it
Will try again I guess
I mean its a free game, with cool mechanics, it just its so overwhelming lol

Like I want to build shit
I'm a god tier Resource Material + Gatherer mindset player from my MMO days

Just annoying that the game hamstrings you by putting you into groups with players that are absurdly overpowered
I enjoy co-oping

Story to me is pointless, could do w/o the shitty voice acting also
Tenno this, Tenno that

Everyone started like that except maybe for father Frizbmass.

One thing I fully recommend you is to form groups with the clan or the alliance, going solo at the start of the game with pubs is one of the worst experience you can find on warframe and feel like the game is unfair and P2W.

Just unlock nodes, level up your frames and weapons, invest some mods on them and everything will run smoothly when you reach LV30.

Wowbagger

I wouldn't call it "fun" per se. It just adds raw damage. I tried it on most of the basic assault rifles, but it really shined on the Simulor and the Tonkor, which are probably my most used primaries.

But raw damage is fun! :) Guess I'll give the Tonkor another go.

VariantX

The fact that Nidus can survive and win against rank 100+ corrupted completely is a testament to how well designed he is even with the new stack system he has. All of his powers work together and build on each other perfectly and should be how all warframes work. Nidus and Inaros also shows that shields are relatively worthless in this game and I'd rather have 1k health other 10k shields.

I think after the first Raid there is little incentive on build up shields, most of the enemy damage can pass directly to your health or just negate your shield in one debuff

Was this game.... always this good? I just decided as a goof to give this game another shot and I just finished earth and I just opened up to venus. They do need better tutorials but my god, the game feel is fantastic. Am I remembering this game wrong or did they patch the hell out of it? Also any tips for a newbie, I think I'm gonna be playing this for awhile.

VandalD

Shields definitely need something more, if only to protect against one-shots or the "I went around a corner in a sortie and died instantly from a corpus tech" situation.

Was this game.... always this good? I just decided as a goof to give this game another shot and I just finished earth and I just opened up to venus. They do need better tutorials but my god, the game feel is fantastic. Am I remembering this game wrong or did they patch the hell out of it? Also any tips for a newbie, I think I'm gonna be playing this for awhile.
Some newbie stuff:

Don't spend your platinum on weapons or warframes unless you absolutely know what you're getting into. Spend your starting platinum on weapon or warframe slots as you want them.

Learn how to mod your weapons. You always want your best "base damage" mod on your weapons. That means Serration for rifles/bows, Point Blank for shotguns, Hornet Strike for secondary weapons, and Pressure Point for your melee. Fusing these mods to be more powerful is a big part of how you "level up" in this game.

You'll start out with Damaged versions of those mods. It's up to you if you want to rank those up with fusion, but I'm sure if you get into the GAF guild and ask nicely, some nice players can hook you up with undamaged versions once you're able to trade stuff. It took me a really long time to get a Hornet Strike mod, but that's luck for you.

Modding for your warframes themselves is generally more flexible than modding weapons, but early on I would focus on Vitality (health) and Redirection (shields) for survivability. You'll also have Damaged versions of these mods, but you should quickly find undamaged ones yourself if you haven't already. Much later on, when you have means to heal yourself, Redirection falls off in value a lot, but Vitality is always great to have.

Rank all your stuff up to 30 before selling it, if you want to sell it, so that you get all of the mastery XP you can get from them. You need mastery XP to raise your Mastery Rank, which unlocks more stuff for you to use. For instance, if you started with a MK1 Braton, you'd want to rank it up to 30 before selling it and making a regular Braton.

Sorry if that's an incomprehensible mess. There's a lot to know with Warframe.

BigAl1992

Wow, finding the challenge rooms on the moon is really difficult. Tried playing there for a good while, nothing. Absolutely nothing. And it sucks because it's the one thing blocking me from getting to Sedna. Anyone got any tips on what to look out for? Also it looks like I'm going to run out of time on Ember Prime. Have everything but the blueprint itself and I can find the relic for it, which is a pity since I have Frost Prime being built right now.

VandalD

Wow, finding the challenge rooms on the moon is really difficult. Tried playing there for a good while, nothing. Absolutely nothing. And it sucks because it's the one thing blocking me from getting to Sedna. Anyone got any tips on what to look out for? Also it looks like I'm going to run out of time on Ember Prime. Have everything but the blueprint itself and I can find the relic for it, which is a pity since I have Frost Prime being built right now.
If you still need sentient kills, run the crossfire mission. If you don't, then just run the capture. There's no way I know of to guarantee they appear, but capture will let you run through the mission's rooms pretty quickly if there are any.

BigAl1992

If you still need sentient kills, run the crossfire mission. If you don't, then just run the capture. There's no way I know of to guarantee they appear, but capture will let you run through the mission's rooms pretty quickly if there are any.

Got it. Thanks for that.

Top Bottom