• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Sdoots

Why are Nightmare Missions so hard? I went into like a level 4-7 or something Nightmare Mission as a level 12 and everyone killed me smh

They are really bad about explaining how Nightmare works, and it's been tweaked since it was implemented, if I remember correctly. From my experience, it's best to approach Nightmare missions almost as New Game+ style runs. Even on Mercury, the enemies are significantly high level, and the mission modifiers that Nightmare throws in doesn't make things any less troublesome.

I'd wait til you have a full set of 30 gear (As in a frame, a primary weapon, a secondary, and a melee. Sentinel optional.) before you worry about Nightmare missions. Again, this is quite possibly outdated information, I haven't played in a bit, and I believe they did some tweaking to how they worked.

Im definitely hoping back into warframe this weekend. I had a 'gotta play my new games' fever. Can I be added to the gaf clan? My PSN-ID is wbrown16

kaioshade

They are really bad about explaining how Nightmare works, and it's been tweaked since it was implemented, if I remember correctly. From my experience, it's best to approach Nightmare missions almost as New Game+ style runs. Even on Mercury, the enemies are significantly high level, and the mission modifiers that Nightmare throws in doesn't make things any less troublesome.

I'd wait til you have a full set of 30 gear (As in a frame, a primary weapon, a secondary, and a melee. Sentinel optional.) before you worry about Nightmare missions. Again, this is quite possibly outdated information, I haven't played in a bit, and I believe they did some tweaking to how they worked.

Still spot on. Nightmare missions are crushing the first few times you encounter them.

Ricker

A few silly questions...that little headset that came with the PS4,is there like a little microphone on it...? also I just downloaded this game this morning,did the first mission and I have to find how to adjust the rotation properly....going from melee with the blade to shooting with the gun is weird...blade is way too fast with the turning of the camera...is there somekind of lock-on?,is there a seperate adjustment for the axis or turn speed for the blade...? I will check later in game but I have to solve this since I took the Excalibur guy...and that first co-op mission reminded me a lot of the co-op stuff in Defiance.

Mrcapcom

Yea at first it was pretty hard to get used to the melee but it get easier as you play. I think i had to trick my mind to not move the left analog stick because the camera is whats actually aiming.

I would suggest to just use the melee secondary like as a finisher and shoot first till you get the hang of it.

Galatine is a easier weapon to slash people with than Chronos and w/e the orginal one was. But then again thats like a broad sword

HORRORSHØW

Are those the missions with a Skull next to them? I got murdered in a couple of them not know what the hell was killing me so fast. Also, what're the missions with a triangle and an ! in the middle?

desverger

Grimløck;92515978 said:
Are those the missions with a Skull next to them? I got murdered in a couple of them not know what the hell was killing me so fast. Also, what're the missions with a triangle and an ! in the middle?

Those are alerts, with increased and special rewards attached to them most of the time. They have a time limit associated with them, and you can only complete a specific alert once. If you fail, you can try again if there's time left on the alert.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Those are alerts, with increased and special rewards attached to them most of the time. They have a time limit associated with them, and you can only complete a specific alert once. If you fail, you can try again if there's time left on the alert.

I thought skull was nightmare mode.

In other news, this game's buggy as fuck.

I like the concept, but the execution is so, so borked.

Mrcapcom

I thought skull was nightmare mode.

In other news, this game's buggy as fuck.

I like the concept, but the execution is so, so borked.

I have my fill of bugs but nothing that messed up the enjoyment of the game. Hopefully Update 11 fixes some things which from the notes it does.

Sdoots

Nope, those are Nightmare missions. Alerts are just that, alerts. I haven't played enough on PS4 to see how they indicate them there, but I imagine it'd be the same on both platforms. You have the name of the alert and the time left show up in the top left corner, and if you find one on your map, it has a ! on it.

Arrrammis

Nightmare missions are marked with a skull. In these missions (If i'm not mistaken, this is just what I've noticed when playing them) you have no shields to use, so you only have your health. These have really good rewards for beating them.

Alert missions are marked with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. These missions are available for a certain amount of time (15 minute to 3 days, lots of variation, usually around an hour). They offer rewards like a large amounts of credits or blueprints for rare weapons, warframe helmets, and other must-haves that are otherwise only found in daily rewards (extremely rarely) or the market or platinum.

Sdoots

Nightmare missions are marked with a skull. In these missions (If i'm not mistaken, this is just what I've noticed when playing them) you have no shields to use, so you only have your health. These have really good rewards for beating them.

Alert missions are marked with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. These missions are available for a certain amount of time (15 minute to 3 days, lots of variation, usually around an hour). They offer rewards like a large amounts of credits or blueprints for rare weapons, warframe helmets, and other must-haves that are otherwise only found in daily rewards (extremely rarely) or the market or platinum.

Nailed it with one exception, the no shields bit isn't a constant. There's various modifiers that can occur on a Nightmare mission, that's just one of them. Vampirism is another example.

boosh5

Banned
A few silly questions...that little headset that came with the PS4,is there like a little microphone on it...? also I just downloaded this game this morning,did the first mission and I have to find how to adjust the rotation properly....going from melee with the blade to shooting with the gun is weird...blade is way too fast with the turning of the camera...is there somekind of lock-on?,is there a seperate adjustment for the axis or turn speed for the blade...? I will check later in game but I have to solve this since I took the Excalibur guy...and that first co-op mission reminded me a lot of the co-op stuff in Defiance.

There's an option to change how melee works, but I don't remember what it's called. It has to do with whether you will melee attack in the direction the camera is pointed or if you want to be able to melee in any direction. However it is phrased, I think the default setting is bad and you should try switching it to the other. I don't believe there is a lock-on.

Arrrammis

There's an option to change how melee works, but I don't remember what it's called. It has to do with whether you will melee attack in the direction the camera is pointed or if you want to be able to melee in any direction. However it is phrased, I think the default setting is bad and you should try switching it to the other. I don't believe there is a lock-on.

The directional attack is one of the first things i changed, but you have to be careful, as this will also affect your gun. this just means that you will attack and shoot whichever direction your 'frame is facing, not where the camera is facing. This can be useful, and all you have to do is tap L2 to make your frame instantly face the same direction as the camera.

Sykotik

Skulls indicate Nightmare mode. The server picks random maps every day to become Nightmare mode. Nightmare missions don't show unless you have cleared the whole planet. They have increased enemy level, enemies also deal 3x damage. You will get one of 3 random debuffs; No shields, Time Limit, or constantly decreasing health. You can kill enemies to replenish both time and health, but nothing to combat no shields. Low gravity can also activate alongside these 3 debuffs, but it's not necessarily a hindrance. For beating a Nnightmare mission, you're rewarded with a Mod. These mods are typically very powerful, such as (max rank) +60% Firerate/Multishot.. on one mod.

Alerts (yellow caution icon) are missions that are chosen to have an extra reward attached to them. Usually, an increased amount of credits - which also increases the more people you have in your party. However, special items can also be attached, such as Warframe blueprints, Weapon blueprints, Aura Mods, Materials, etc. You can see if an alert is active on the main menu, on the right side. You can not see an alert if you have not unlocked the actual stage beforehand, though a friend could invite you to it. Alert missions increase enemy level by double.

If you're having trouble with Melee attacks not connecting, go into the options menu and turn off "Align Melee to camera", or whatever it's called. Next patch will add some type of lock-on, which will also be optional.

HORRORSHØW

Thanks for the answers. I have another (stupid) question: How do I get to the screen that allows me to buy additional frame/weapon slots? I found it once upon a time, but I can't seem to get back to it.

Lucent

Trinity is definitely a support frame. Going solo is generally not a very good idea at lower levels, she will get murdered.

I actually managed to get her to rank 5. Now that she has some abilities, she's actually manageable. It's so helpful that weapons don't have to be leveled up with each frame. Going in with some weapons with mods helps.

And I managed to do a T1 Extermination on my own last night. Killed 140 enemies with Excalibur. Some of the awesome rewards I managed to get were:

• Frost Prime blueprint
  • 6 Control Modules (yay finally!)
  • 1 Galium
  • Suppress mod for gun (first time ever getting that mod)
  • Other stuff

All the control modules came from enemies. I didn't find any in the containers.

Now that I have control modules, I put the Volt parts into production and will put Volt himself into production when those are done. I need to grab more plastids to get Ember made. And I just need the Rhino Systems for Rhino.

I also grabbed the Shade sentinel blueprint because he sounds the most useful for me. Especially when I'm soloing. I just need to get 6,000 more credits and I'll get him put into production tonight.

And man I wonder how hard it'll be for me to get the individual blueprints for Frost Prime now that I have his main blueprint.

Grimløck;92522020 said:
Thanks for the answers. I have another (stupid) question: How do I get to the screen that allows me to buy additional frame/weapon slots? I found it once upon a time, but I can't seem to get back to it.

Go to Arsenel, then Inventory, and where your frames are you'll see at the bottom "buy warframe slot" by pressing R2.

Sdoots

Grimløck;92522020 said:

Arsenal, then there should be an option called something like Inventory.

Sykotik

Grimløck;92522020 said:

Arsenal, Inventory.

lagler1

Neo Member
Dont know if everyone knows this beacase I havent seen it mentioned(and I havent combed thru every topic) but there is a free starter pack if you have playstation plus. It gives you like 100 plats and 50,000 credits!!!

Just downloaded this game last night on my PS4 and out of all the games I bought I've played this and Resogun the most >.<

Is there a GAF clan or if anyone wants someone to play with add me -

PSN - Souldestroyer199

Would be cool to get a group of people together to play this with!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Dont know if everyone knows this beacase I havent seen it mentioned(and I havent combed thru every topic) but there is a free starter pack if you have playstation plus. It gives you like 100 plats and 50,000 credits!!!
How'd you access this? I bought PS+ after I'd started playing the game and haven't seen anything - is it something you purchase through the PSN?

SnakeEyes

Banned
It's available as Warframe Playstation Plus Starter Pack:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/warframe-playstationplus-starter-pack/cid=UP2097-CUSA00080_00-PLU0010000000000

Not sure if it'll work if you've already started, but I don't see why not.
Wtf?! I logged in with my PSN details and it's not in the NZ PSN Store. What is this bullshit??!? Any GAFers with an Aussie or UK account wanna see if they have it, or if it's US only? ~_~

casmith07

How do I level up? Seen the message scroll a few times but I can't find a level up option

Level up how?

On the main screen there should be a Rank Up option above Play if you've maxed your Mastery for the current rank. Complete the test and you'll rank up.

Gaz_RB

How do I level up? Seen the message scroll a few times but I can't find a level up option

It's not like an option to increase your stats or something. When you level up, you are basically only getting increased capacity on your warframe or gun or whatever to add more mods. That is the leveling system in this game. For instance your Warframe will start with 0 capacity, so you can't put on any mods that increase vitality or shield regen or whatever the mod is. As you level up, you can add more mods, including more powerful ones.

PuMa

It's not like an option to increase your stats or something. When you level up, you are basically only getting increased capacity on your warframe or gun or whatever to add more mods. That is the leveling system in this game. For instance your Warframe will start with 0 capacity, so you can't put on any mods that increase vitality or shield regen or whatever the mod is. As you level up, you can add more mods, including more powerful ones.

He might be talking about the mastery ranks...? Not sure which.

There is also Mastery Rank Leveling - if you're getting a message this is probably the case.

The cumulative total of your warframe and weapon experience adds to determine your mastery rank. This unlocks experience restricted weapons and warframes. Once you reach a rank level you have the option of taking a level up challenge - in the top level menu you should have a new option to Level Up as the top menu item.

Here's the wiki entry:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Be sure to unequip any sentinels that you have prior to launching - many of the challenges are weapon specific and the sentinel's weapon may cause you to fail.

The main thing for new players to keep in mind is that you level up each piece of gear separately through usage. Kill people with your rifle and it will level up, stabbinate people and your super-cyber-ninja-sword will level up. And for terminology's sake the game refers to XP as both XP and Affinity depending on the screen, but they're both the same thing.

Speaking of leveling up, whenever you get those +200 Affinity prompts in-mission from pickups, what does that affinity apply to? Your warframe? Your current weapon? All of your equipped gear?

And how exactly do warframe's level up? Do they get a little bit of all of your collected affinity?

What's the fastest way to make credits?

Between upgrading mods and forging warframes /weapons, I find they are typically my bottleneck for progress.

The main thing for new players to keep in mind is that you level up each piece of gear separately through usage. Kill people with your rifle and it will level up, stabbinate people and your super-cyber-ninja-sword will level up. And for terminology's sake the game refers to XP as both XP and Affinity depending on the screen, but they're both the same thing.

Speaking of leveling up, whenever you get those +200 Affinity prompts in-mission from pickups, what does that affinity apply to? Your warframe? Your current weapon? All of your equipped gear?

And how exactly do warframe's level up? Do they get a little bit of all of your collected affinity?

Your warframe gets a split of every kill (split evenly between your weapon and frame); it gets all the experience from 'power' based kills and other activities like hacking, reviving and completing bonus objectives. Affinity orbs also go completely to the frame if I'm not mistaken.

Your warframe gets a split of every kill (split evenly between your weapon and frame); it gets all the experience from 'power' based kills and other activities like hacking, reviving and completing bonus objectives. Affinity orbs also go completely to the frame if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks. That makes a lot of sense, especially the hacking and power based XP.

hyp

I'm playing this way more than BF4 and Killzone. probably my favorite "launch" shooter of the bunch.

educator

I've been playing this game a couple of days now. I really enjoy it, but I've never felt more stupid playing a video game before. I did read parts of the wiki, but I still feel that I'm not getting the hang of how to build a good character -- all the different cards, upgrades and other stuff keeps being a mystery for me. Through trial & error I've learned about mods and I hope I am doing it right, but the game gives me no indication at all. I wish they could have included a tutorial or small hints here and there, because I really want to get to know this game and sink my teeth into it for real. The gameplay is what's keeping me hooked, so hopefully I'll learn the system sometime soon.

casmith07

To those waiting to get into the clan -- it might take a week or two. We're focusing on researching all gear so that the costs are low, then expanding the barracks to add 100 Tenno.

Be patient!

HORRORSHØW

To those waiting to get into the clan -- it might take a week or two. We're focusing on researching all gear so that the costs are low, then expanding the barracks to add 100 Tenno.

Be patient!
put me on the waiting list, please. PSN:stay_dog_strut

Is the Boltor rifle any good? I'm building one for my Rhino cause I need another weapon to max.

Be patient!
Does me donating forma help with increasing clan size? I can donate a could tonight.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;92556940 said:
put me on the waiting list, please. PSN:stay_dog_strut

Is the Boltor rifle any good? I'm building one for my Rhino cause I need another weapon to max.
I've only ever heard good things about it.

I take it there's still no word on update 11 hitting the PS4?

Or any PS4 patches for that matter?

Seems like we're still plagued with some old PC bugs like the co-op door problem and not being able to sell something if you have more than one of it (which cracks me up at the sheer WTF of it).

desverger

Nope, those are Nightmare missions. Alerts are just that, alerts. I haven't played enough on PS4 to see how they indicate them there, but I imagine it'd be the same on both platforms. You have the name of the alert and the time left show up in the top left corner, and if you find one on your map, it has a ! on it.

Oh yeah, I was replying to the second question in the sentence. Guess I should've clarified that. Indeed, skulls are nightmare modes and I believe you can either choose to do the nightmare mode or just the normal one when choosing it.

In other news, I got Split Chamber today as a first (wave 5) reward in a Corpus defense mission? Either I'm the luckiest man in the world or the drop table in the wiki doesn't hold true :p

Top Bottom