• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

FUME5

Wtf?! I logged in with my PSN details and it's not in the NZ PSN Store. What is this bullshit??!? Any GAFers with an Aussie or UK account wanna see if they have it, or if it's US only? ~_~

Was a promo for preordering it through the American PSN store I thought. No love for the rest of us.

To those waiting to get into the clan -- it might take a week or two. We're focusing on researching all gear so that the costs are low, then expanding the barracks to add 100 Tenno.

Be patient!

Add me to the wait list please!

Splurged on a bunch of plat, so I'd be happy to contribute forma if resorting to bribery would help :)

Gaz_RB

Looking at my arsenal I predict Radiation.

Radiation everywhere.

That's fire and lightning right?
What's the mix between fire and ice called? That's what I seem to have on all my stuff.

Will I do water damage? Wicked witch of the west better watch out. Everyone else better bring a towel.

That's fire and lightning right?
What's the mix between fire and ice called? That's what I seem to have on all my stuff.

Will I do water damage? Wicked witch of the west better watch out. Everyone else better bring a towel.
Looks like its blast damage which causes stuns. Useful that.

Radiation fucks with the enemy's aim, which is less... ahh... interesting.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Looking at my arsenal I predict Radiation.

Radiation everywhere.

Haha, how apt with your GAF avatar! :D

I logged in this morning before work to find that I'd completed construction on the Grakata, which feels similar to the N7 Hurricane from Mass Effect 3's MP, and I'm also giving the Sicarus a go as well. I also hit Lvl 30 last night on my Excalibur, so I'm kinda stuck just leveling weapons now unless I can find other blueprints for Warframes. I've gotten 5 pieces so far, but all for different frames, which is irritating as all hell :)

Also, my Cronus is coming up to max level and I want to know where I should go from here. Suggestions for a good melee weapon people? I wanna get on it early so I can trade out the Cronus as soon as it hits max.

Sykotik

Grimløck;92593426 said:
@Sykotik. I think I just played with you on Ara, Mars. I was the Mag that kept getting killed lol.

lol. Yup, that was me. I'm just drudging along trying to level some weapons. Wish I had a pocket Nova to leech from!

Just FYI, unless things have changed, you get a measly amount of EXP for your weapons if you kill with skills. Warframes take 100% exp from skill kills, 50% exp from weapon kills, as well. Kills from other players garner 100% EXP for the kill, if the player is close enough, which gets split 25% between weapons and your warframe. Max rank equipment still take the cut of EXP.

So, a Nova that kills everything on screen in an instant = good leveling... if you're not the Nova.

Korten

Banned
Oh yeah, I won't be able to play much these next two weeks on the account of crunch time in school. So hopefully I won't be kicked from the clan.

lol. Yup, that was me. I'm just drudging along trying to level some weapons. Wish I had a pocket Nova to leech from!

Just FYI, unless things have changed, you get a measly amount of EXP for your weapons if you kill with skills. Warframes take 100% exp from skill kills, 50% exp from weapon kills, as well. Kills from other players garner 100% EXP for the kill, if the player is close enough, which gets split 25% between weapons and your warframe. Max rank equipment still take the cut of EXP.

So, a Nova that kills everything on screen in an instant = good leveling... if you're not the Nova.
All the more reason for Tennos to stick together.

HORRORSHØW

WarframeAlertsPS4 ‏@WFAlertsPS4 16m
Caloris (Mercury): Locate And Acquire Robotic Archetype Data - 61m - 2400cr - Essence Loki Helmet (Blueprint)

go go go.

good to know. thanks

NeOak

Ok, so started the Storm barracks to get the clan size up to 100. (that part of the layout went to shit due to things being huge D:)

DO NOTE THAT UNTIL EVERYTHING IS RESEARCHED, WE WONT INCREASE THE SIZE TO 300!

Also, gonna finish the elevators after that and the other hall. 2nd floor should be all about dueling and obstacles.

Mirimar

Ok, so started the Storm barracks to get the clan size up to 100. (that part of the layout went to shit due to things being huge D:)

DO NOTE THAT UNTIL EVERYTHING IS RESEARCHED, WE WONT INCREASE THE SIZE TO 300!

Also, gonna finish the elevators after that and the other hall. 2nd floor should be all about dueling and obstacles.

If I could be added to that waiting list, that'd be tops.

BloodyCheerios

Jaeger

I played a bit months ago, but I feel like I missed so much. What is up with that Stalker? He looks badass?

How can I fight him? Can I haz his helmet? Looks badass!

EL Beefo

Grimløck;92599126 said:
WarframeAlertsPS4 ‏@WFAlertsPS4 16m
Caloris (Mercury): Locate And Acquire Robotic Archetype Data - 61m - 2400cr - Essence Loki Helmet (Blueprint)

Thanks for the heads up, just got mine. Had to play it on my vita which made it a little more difficult, thankfully it was a low level mission.

EL Beefo

How often do the alerts occur? One every 2-3hrs, or is it entirely random?

Every 20-40 minutes a new one pops up, and they last for 30min to an hour. They only occur for missions that you've already completed though so the more missions you've cleared the more likely it is that there'll be an alert available.

You guys have me convinced that this is the first thing i'll download when I get my PS4.
Its probably the game I've played most on the PS4.

And every time I play it I'm refining some aspect of my play, or at the very least just enjoying the running, jumping, sliding and stabbing and pretty lights and audio.

Guns sound great in this. Just satisfying pop-pop-pops to full auto beasts and sci fi pew-pews in between.

Just great presentation all around.

Good game for being free, but not a fan of the sword controls. Seems very hard to hit one of the enemies consistently with it.
By default the melee aims where the camera is pointing not where the player is pointing. This leads to that weird mashy feeling and all the misses.

You can go into settings and disable the "Camera Controls Melee Direction" option. Instant fix to all of your melee woes.

Edit: And a few more beginner tips for melee:

You can charge your melee attack by holding the button down and releasing. This is always a critical hit, and you can do this while moving. You can't hold the charge forever though and it will auto-release after a few moments.

If you sneak up behind an enemy you will get a button prompt to do a melee execution.

By default the melee aims where the camera is pointing not where the player is pointing. This leads to that weird mashy feeling and all the misses.

You can go into settings and disable the "Camera Controls Melee Direction" option. Instant fix to all of your melee woes.

Oh nice I will have to try this. Thanks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
This is new? Fuck yeah, now I don't have to have Warframe open at the menu waiting for alerts while I do other things haha.

Thanks. Been hoping they start a PS4 alerts twitter for a while now.
Here is the link to the twitter for super lazy people
Alternatively, if you have an iOS or Android device, you can use the PlayStation App, connected to your PS4 and set up for Second Screen. That'll also give you Alert notifications.

Gaz_RB

Alternatively, if you have an iOS or Android device, you can use the PlayStation App, connected to your PS4 and set up for Second Screen. That'll also give you Alert notifications.

Hm, really? Does this work for vita? I haven't been able to get any second screen functionality to work on my vita yet.

What is the catch to this game being F2P?
Everything you want in this game in terms of new warframes and equipment comes from raw materials you have to gather from drops you collect during missions, which all feed into a rather sprawling crafting system with real-time construction times. A small item can take 60 seconds to craft, a warframe may take a few days.

You can make basic items from more common materials provided you have the blueprints (bought on the market with in-game credits, or found in missions), but to make the more specialty gear you need rarer items found only from boss drops or high end missions.

Platinum is the real-money resource for Warframe. You will never ever get platinum in-game, but you can get almost everything that platinum is used to buy. With platinum you can rush the construction of items, or buy them outright. You can also buy more equipment slots, visual customizations and things like clan images.

So the game is one huge crafting grind. But the missions themselves are fun hack and shoot-fests with friends or solo. Its got jank, but I'm willing to forgive it when wallrunning, flipping, and sliding into a 360 glaive attack followed by an explosive charge, following it up with headshots. Its something else to be a space ninja in this game.

I havent felt compelled to spend any platinum on shortcuts and don't think I ever will, but I have paid DE some monies and used it on customizations. I also picked up a glaive because I didn't know you could actually find one (rare but do-able), and that thing rocks.

SnakeEyes

Banned
What is the catch to this game being F2P?
Same with any F2P game: it takes a grind to be able to get stuff. People who are impatient are able to buy Platinum to get stuff instantly, otherwise it's buying a blueprint and then building the item with a decent amount of different items required. Also, building items from blueprints are set on timers, set anywhere from a 1 minute (team healing/ammo/energy items) to 12hr and 24hr timers for WarFrame parts and weapons.

Gaz_RB

The Valkyr Warframe looks badass. I've managed to build Trinity, Rhino, and Excalibur already, and I feel like the only other one I really want is Valkyr. Come on update 11!

If you are playing with a group constantly, you will be alright. You might be a bit of a weak link, but you should be alright. Keep in mind that you can always drop a forma in a fully leveled item to add a polarity slot to it, which cuts the cost of any mod with matching polarity in half. Can be a useful alternative (or addition) to a catalyst or reactor.

That all said, if you find yourself playing this pretty often, and you have some go-to equipment already, the benefits of the catalysts and reactors quickly outweigh the cost.

I suggest trying to earn them through the alert blueprints, rather than platinum, if possible. By the time you really will get the full effect of the items, you should have plenty of resources to spare on crafting them.

Ah ok, gotcha. That's pretty much what I do. The only thing I spend platinum on is weapon and Warframe slots. I'd rather just earn the gear, and get the exp and mats along the way.

Been playing this pretty much exclusively lately..Battlefield and Killzone collecting dust. Beyond the occasional random bug, the game is great. Question to you veterans: Is Rhino a good warframe? I kinda got all his parts without trying. Just need to collect a controller (?) and I'm ready to go.

Top Bottom