• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Lucent

Oh nice I will have to try this. Thanks.

Yeah do. I thought the melee was horrible when I did the tutorial. I was like "Well I guess I'll mostly be shooting..." but then I changed the setting. I can time my charge attacks and slice enemies I'm running towards like Raiden. lol

Gaz_RB

Been playing this pretty much exclusively lately..Battlefield and Killzone collecting dust. Beyond the occasional random bug, the game is great. Question to you veterans: Is Rhino a good warframe? I kinda got all his parts without trying. Just need to collect a controller (?) and I'm ready to go.

I just built it and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely the tank of the bunch. And do you mean control modules?

If so, I'd suggest doing an Orokin Tower. They drop like candy there.

EdmondD

Haha, how apt with your GAF avatar! :D

I logged in this morning before work to find that I'd completed construction on the Grakata, which feels similar to the N7 Hurricane from Mass Effect 3's MP, and I'm also giving the Sicarus a go as well. I also hit Lvl 30 last night on my Excalibur, so I'm kinda stuck just leveling weapons now unless I can find other blueprints for Warframes. I've gotten 5 pieces so far, but all for different frames, which is irritating as all hell :)

Also, my Cronus is coming up to max level and I want to know where I should go from here. Suggestions for a good melee weapon people? I wanna get on it early so I can trade out the Cronus as soon as it hits max.

Cronus is kind of weak, early levels weapon so pretty much anything would be an upgrade. I like the heavy weapons like the big sword Gram, heavy axe Scindo, or the big hammer which the name of I forgot. Dual Ether blades are very good for slicing up enemies and they look really cool. I have been trying out the Ether Reaper and its a beast. Big ass scythe that tears through enemies. The Glaive is cool because its ranged and melee but its expensive in terms of crafted materials needed especially for new players. The Kogake is cool for kicking and punching enemies around. Orthos is one of the better melee weapons. Daggers are cool because they are really fast but they are weak.

To get blueprints for frames you need to kill the bosses of planets several times. For example you need to kill the Jackal on Venus several times until you get all the parts for Rhino. The parts being Helmet, Chassis, and Systems. It's kind of a pain in the ass but they made it way easier than it used to be. In the old days if you were unlucky you had to kill a boss like 10 times or more. Hope that helps. The wiki will be very helpful for new players.

I just built it and I'm really enjoying it. Definitely the tank of the bunch. And do you mean control modules?

If so, I'd suggest doing an Orokin Tower. They drop like candy there.
Yeah. I've been a bit of a slow learner. This game really does tell you nothing..lol. Figured he'd be tank like, which is fine. Need someone that can last a little longer than this Excalibur I'm using now.

SnakeEyes

Banned
To get blueprints for frames you need to kill the bosses of planets several times. For example you need to kill the Jackal on Venus several times until you get all the parts for Rhino. The parts being Helmet, Chassis, and Systems. It's kind of a pain in the ass but they made it way easier than it used to be. In the old days if you were unlucky you had to kill a boss like 10 times or more. Hope that helps. The wiki will be very helpful for new players.
Excellent. Like I said, I've received some blueprints already, but I didn't know that all of the parts were only available from each respective boss. Time to farm boss fights I think - getting a new frame seems easier than I was expecting it to be :)

I'm going to be home from work in about an hour, so anyone still on who's willing to either do Boss Farming with me, or do Tower missions I'll be all upon that. Add me on PSN: Kurt-Niisan

EdmondD

I played a bit months ago, but I feel like I missed so much. What is up with that Stalker? He looks badass?

How can I fight him? Can I haz his helmet? Looks badass!

If you kill a lot of bosses the Stalker will come after you. Yeah, he is definitely bad ass and will wreck you if you are not careful. You can't get his helmet but if you're lucky he will drop blueprints for his weapons. I got his throwing knives and his bow. Both weapons are amazing. You can also get his scythe.

ReaperXL7

So after a fairly decent amount of time I finally built my Rhino, a Boltor rifle, and the single version of the revolver of which I cannot remember the name of. So far I am loving my Rhino, I can beast through allot of stuff that would wreck me before with my excalibur and I have barely ranked him up at all.

Im also rockin the giant Ax, but I cannot decide if I want to bother with a sentinel yet, or just not bother. I have a good selection of mods for my Rhino once I level him up abit, but for the life of me I cannot seem to find any Rush mods which I have seen allot of people recommend for the purpose of making him alittle faster.

Game is allot of fun imo, I am enjoying it allot more then I did Blacklight (though they are very different games).

Also, my Cronus is coming up to max level and I want to know where I should go from here. Suggestions for a good melee weapon people? I wanna get on it early so I can trade out the Cronus as soon as it hits max.

Orthos is a good upgrade and easy to craft. The animations are different and the charge attack is a tiny bit slower, but you can shred multiple enemies with one swing.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
FUCKSHIT GODDAMNIT

I've just had serration drop and we failed the goddamn mission because that bitch lotus wanted us to do a side errand for her.

GODDAMN I am upset.

Sdoots

FUCKSHIT GODDAMNIT

I've just had serration drop and we failed the goddamn mission because that bitch lotus wanted us to do a side errand for her.

GODDAMN I am upset.

You should have still gotten anything that dropped during a mission as long as it didn't outright disconnect. Check and make sure.

Also, is Serration really that rare now? Used to drop at least once every other mission.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You should have still gotten anything that dropped during a mission as long as it didn't outright disconnect. Check and make sure.

Also, is Serration really that rare now? Used to drop at least once every other mission.

Nah, the mission failed screen had no mods on it and I checked my inventory and it isnt there.

Sdoots

Nah, the mission failed screen had no mods on it and I checked my inventory and it isnt there.

Shit, that blows. I'd reached a point where I stopped paying attention to what mods I was picking up, I had maxed dupes of maxed dupes of maxed dupes, so whenever they changed the way that works I missed it entirely.

Having that many mods isn't as great as it sounds. It's actually really annoying. Even with all the sorting tools they've added, it's still a giant mess.

Mrcapcom

For those who have Rhinos How do you keep up with the gang? Sometimes I feel like everything is dead by the time I get there lol

Other than that I love Rhino so far definitely want to try out Frost so I'm working towards getting to Ceres I was on a mission like 33-40 yesterday and I'm still rank 13 on my Rhino and my weapons are all like Rank 18-19 and I was giving them the business rarely died was fun.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Shit, that blows. I'd reached a point where I stopped paying attention to what mods I was picking up, I had maxed dupes of maxed dupes of maxed dupes, so whenever they changed the way that works I missed it entirely.

Having that many mods isn't as great as it sounds. It's actually really annoying. Even with all the sorting tools they've added, it's still a giant mess.

I agree. I am also loaded up on mods left and right from running random stuff the last few days. They need a more intuitive fusion method and better descriptions on some things. I have a ton of reactors, and they are all different, uncommon , common, rare, 1, 2, 3, not sure what any of it means other than they provide different amount of power when fused. Also, do they have any other use aside from fusing them into other mods?

Jaeger

If you kill a lot of bosses the Stalker will come after you. Yeah, he is definitely bad ass and will wreck you if you are not careful. You can't get his helmet but if you're lucky he will drop blueprints for his weapons. I got his throwing knives and his bow. Both weapons are amazing. You can also get his scythe.

Awesome, thank you very much.

After doing some quick google-fu, looks like there' a mod that allows you to have the helmet (from what I saw, it's only seen for you), any idea and where/how I could snag this, fellow space-ninja's?

IMvqD.jpg

%D0%90%D1%80%D1%87%D0%B8_%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%82_%D0%BE%D0%BD.jpg

%D0%95%D0%B1%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%88%D1%81%D1%8F_%D0%BA%D0%B0%D0%BA.jpg

Ardenyal

FUCKSHIT GODDAMNIT

GODDAMN I am upset.

Had the same happen with Stormbringer last night, was already counting energy points in my head and what kind of setup I want...

casmith07

The PS+ booster is great. The affinity and credit boosters are awesome. I actually feel financially secure now lol. The money and affinity just boost like crazy in the missions.

Going to try and clear Earth today.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Starting the get the hang of this now. A tiny, tiny bit. I mean, I still don't understand half of it, but I don't feel completely lost anymore. And I'm having pretty fun.

I hate that you can't customize the PS4 controls though. Sprinting and doing cool acrobatic shit seems pretty important in this game, but with sprinting mapped to L3 (which I really hate pressing while simultaneously using the stick to move - has always felt bad, always will) I just end up walking normally most of the time. I realize there aren't unlimited buttons on the DS4, but still.

The PS+ booster is great. The affinity and credit boosters are awesome. I actually feel financially secure now lol. The money and affinity just boost like crazy in the missions.

Sucks that there's nothing like that on the EU store.

Sdoots

So I just bought the LEX sidearm but also have the SEER blueprint. Is SEER any good or worth making?

Supposedly it's damn near OP. If you're up to fighting Vor however many times it'll take for him to drop what you need, I'd say go for it.

Pbae

Supposedly it's damn near OP. If you're up to fighting Vor however many times it'll take for him to drop what you need, I'd say go for it.

Thanks man, I'll definitely invest some time into making it then. I'm always reluctant to put time into early weapon drops.

Sykotik

Out of curiosity for fast does the bow fire? What's it feel like.

Slow, unsatisfying. In my opinion. Enemies move too much in this game for it to be effective. It does a lot of damage, especially if you mod it for critical hits and critical damage. But, people will tend to kill whatever you're aiming at before you have a chance to release the arrow.

I've leveled 2 bows.

DE - Suggestion to make the bow better and more fun to use. If the shot is fully charged, remove the flight of the projectile and just make it contact your target instantly. It will make it better and more fun to use. Add a cool sound-effect and maybe some sort of cool-ass energy blast light-beam mamajama as the arrow leaves the bow.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Going to try and clear Earth today.

Where is it? I looked for it but couldn't find it.

Can not wait for update 11.
DE said ps4 will get 11+hot fixes.

They posted on the warframe forums a list of what they are working on for 11.5. Sounds really good.

-------------

Weapons and weapon skins - some new firing modes for added diversity!

Multiple resource drone deployments, coming.

Optional clan-specified trading tax to bulk up your Vault!

Gas expands and so does the Gas City tileset - art improvements, more diversity.

I see progress on systemic invasions & battle pay - moving this from one-off to part of the game.

VOIP code has been smashed into better shape with less network utilization better quality and improved threading performance.

Lotus voice rolling out with rerecorded, matched levels using the new dynamic DSP (instead the baffling mix of old distorted & new clean style).

Vay Hek is being worked on - he is a propaganda machine - I think he'll be turning out hilarious and awesome. Complete and ambitious redo of him from visuals to gameplay.

I shaved my beard off by accident (trimming mishap).

Our new UI artist started, had a meeting and we all laughed/cried at our coder-art. We reviewed player feedback about UI problems. His first project is redo the HUD... no pressure.

Design is still cracking away at the new damage model. We've rewritten our statistics gathering for weapons and will be chipping away at gross imbalances. Expect more changes to the resistances and immunities as we add diversity to the enemy types and take better advantage of the new damage model.

The Nexus app has been rewritten and includes a mobile version of the Codex. The performance issues have been resolved and now we're anxious to hook this up to your account/live data.

A training section is being added to the Codex to help with new players learning all the wackiness that is Warframe. This will feature simple but cool visuals as well as rewards for going through them to encourage use.

Ability & Sentinel Mods have been removed from the store Mod packs and Transmutation. This helps with dilution considerably. For the time being enemies will still be dropping these.

I see the improved Melee system being worked on as well with a lot more animation diversity and control of your moves.

The audio team has recorded a ton more raw sounds for future weapons - George will post about this later I think. I think I saw pressure waves from the video of the session. Wow.

Crazy new movement mode for U12? Can't talk about this because it may be a bust.

SnakeEyes

Banned
A training section is being added to the Codex to help with new players learning all the wackiness that is Warframe. This will feature simple but cool visuals as well as rewards for going through them to encourage use.

Crazy new movement mode for U12? Can't talk about this because it may be a bust.
Bolded text - THANK CHRIST FOR THAT!

Also, new movement mode? I'm gonna say some sort of flight mechanic.
And I hope some of those mentioned hotfixes will resolve the MASSIVE framerate drop that I had when playing a T1 Survival mission last night. It was totally unplayable at the 15min mark and we were lucky that one guy was able to make it to the Extraction Zone.

Sucks that there's nothing like that on the EU store.
Speaking of which, I got this reply back from the WarFrame Facebook page in regards to people outside the US not getting the PS+ Bonus Pack:
"Hello, that would be a Sony question! I'm unable to answer it."
Anyone who has an account with the WarFrame forum want to bring up the subject there, and see if anyone replies?

So I just bought the LEX sidearm but also have the SEER blueprint. Is SEER any good or worth making?
I've got both parts and just need the one or two Orokin cells to make it. I'll let you know.

Is there anyway to get the mission selection to actually reflect which planet you select at the solar system level?

Not sure if it has been this way all along, but now regardless of which planet I choose at the solar system, when I use the d-pad to select a mission it is actually way back on Venus (or Mercury). . . getting more and more frustrating the further out I get.

Any ideas or is this a common bug?

Gaz_RB

Is there anyway to get the mission selection to actually reflect which planet you select at the solar system level?

Not sure if it has been this way all along, but now regardless of which planet I choose at the solar system, when I use the d-pad to select a mission it is actually way back on Venus (or Mercury). . . getting more and more frustrating the further out I get.

Any ideas or is this a common bug?

Bug :(

Save us, update 11

Grimløck;92690032 said:
Is that problem exclusive to the PS4 version?
From reading the Warframe forums I get the impression that the PS4 version is an older build and has some old PC bugs that have already been fixed in that version. Stuff like the selling bug, co-op doors, defaulting to Mercury, and more.

We'll have to see how much of this goes away once the PS4 version get patched.

kaioshade

From reading the Warframe forums I get the impression that the PS4 version is an older build and has some old PC bugs that have already been fixed in that version. Stuff like the selling bug, co-op doors, defaulting to Mercury, and more.

We'll have to see how much of this goes away once the PS4 version get patched.

Update 11 fixes a crapload of bugs that were present. The hot fixes did even more.

I don't think PS4 owners will be disappointed in U11 at all.

And Valkyr. Good god.

Pbae

So do we have like an official clan wait list? Read about the research and all and would like to join when you make more space.

Thanks for the heads up. . . in a way it makes it a little easier to swallow given that it's not just affecting me, or that it was just something stupid I was doing.

Planning on binging on this game this weekend. I'll have my new Trinity frame ready tonight, if anyone wants some support on low levels, or I also have a level 30 Mag (spam pull hehe) and a collection of void keys I want to use up.

My PSN and in game name is Das_Mookid, feel free to add me and we'll get some games going!

I wanted to like this game but currently im struggling. To me it seems that the environments hinder you from using you abilities at almost all times. The combat and AI seems about as simplistic as it could be and teamwork only goes as far as an occasional revive if your lucky?

Is there something Im missing here GAF? Because the idea sounds great but the execution feels odd. Im not dropping it yet since im hoping im missing the point a bit but it seems tedious so far

Lucent

God this game is fucking awesome.

Wish some of the levels weren't so repetitive though.

Yeah I really like this game. I just wish they could put more work into making the individual levels more distinct. There are a LOT of missions in each planet but a ton look exactly the same. Hopefully they could eventually make them better.

I gotta agree that they don't give you many reasons to use the ninja abilities except when you must wallrun to get to an upper level. I mean I do flip around a lot and am so used to the controls now I'm all over the place but it doesn't really improve fighting much. lol.

I did watch some videos of the PC version and man all those particle effects. Would be amazing if they could work those into the PS4 version eventually. I know the PS4 version already gets some slow down sometimes when things get chaotic, but I feel they should be able to get those particles in with some time.

I wanted to like this game but currently im struggling. To me it seems that the environments hinder you from using you abilities at almost all times. The combat and AI seems about as simplistic as it could be and teamwork only goes as far as an occasional revive if your lucky?

Is there something Im missing here GAF? Because the idea sounds great but the execution feels odd. Im not dropping it yet since im hoping im missing the point a bit but it seems tedious so far

Yeah that's why it's sort of better to roll with ppl you know. I've had randoms that do a good job of reviving ppl. But there are some that don't make sense. I've had some times where me and someone else are down, and I'm closer to death than the other guy and the guy revives him first so I die out before he can get to me. If he paid attention he could've revived me and had plenty of time to revive the other guy. In fact, I could've helped him. Just frustrating sometimes.

God this game is fucking awesome.

Wish some of the levels weren't so repetitive though.
I actually enjoy some bits of repetition when it comes to the tiles used for the environments. It means you get to know the little touches of each section - where you can wallrun and jump and slide pull off your special moves effectively. And the game does a pretty solid job of running you through them in different directions in different conditions for different objectives and even some different enemies. A little familiarity is a good thing.

The repetition hits me in a bad way when it comes to replaying boss battles multiple times to get drops. I just can't talk myself into doing it as that's exactly where the fun turns into a grind.

So my compromise is to pick one boss that I need stuff for and start off my sessions with a single run of that boss before moving on to other missions. It gets me to repeat those fights and collect the drops without turning into a Groundhog's Day grind.

I just won't collect those higher level resources as fast as others I guess.

SnakeEyes

Banned
The repetition hits me in a bad way when it comes to replaying boss battles multiple times to get drops. I just can't talk myself into doing it as that's exactly where the fun turns into a grind.
The beauty of those Boss missions though (at least for the first 3 or 4) is that they're so quick to get through, especially with higher level folks farming for the WarFrame blueprints.

Top Bottom