• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Lucent

Grimløck;92803648 said:
Ba6mg_sCEAAkU-k.jpg:large

This happened to me last night with my Trinity. lol.

Also, seems like a lot of people are using that Boltor weapon.

EDIT: Man, the Orthos is a lot more fun to use than the sword. Charge time is a bit slower than the sword so I'm getting used to that. Really liking it so far. Finally getting close to Master Rank 3 though so I can try making that big sword soon.

This happened to me last night with my Trinity. lol.

Also, seems like a lot of people are using that Boltor weapon.

EDIT: Man, the Orthos is a lot more fun to use than the sword. Charge time is a bit slower than the sword so I'm getting used to that. Really liking it so far. Finally getting close to Master Rank 3 though so I can try making that big sword soon.

Yeah i like the Orthos too! It feels powerful and the spin attack is awesome with it I think.

I've been using fang for everything except from Infested, I use Orthos or duel ether for those!

Not sure if that's right or not but It seems to work out ok for me so far :p

Loudninja

Heh this one guy wet so far ahead and missed alot of stuff all to get to the goal.

Game is still awesome though.

On the flip side, it's annoying when people loot every locker and fall behind because of that or because they´re afk.
What? that's what you suppose to do.

Lucent

Heh this one guy wet so far ahead and missed alot of stuff all to get to the goal.

Game is still awesome though.

What? that's what you suppose to do.

Yeah. I mean eventually it's not worth it so much unless you need something like ammo or health/energy. The credits that drop from them usually aren't much. But I still grab everything on my way. Usually don't find materials in those things.

But the AFK thing really is annoying. Basically leaching without doing anything at all. lol

EDIT: Damn the 2nd Master Rank Up test is easy. Just slice up everybody. Now I'm MR3: Gold Initiate. =D

Loudninja

Btw guys whats up with shotgun mods?

They don't drop to often :(

Yeah. I mean eventually it's not worth it so much unless you need something like ammo or health/energy. The credits that drop from them usually aren't much. But I still grab everything on my way. Usually don't find materials in those things.

But the AFK thing really is annoying. Basically leaching without doing anything at all. lol

EDIT: Damn the 2nd Master Rank Up test is easy. Just slice up everybody. Now I'm MR3: Gold Initiate. =D
Yeah I do it for the health, ammo, and energy mostly.

Edgeward

Grimløck;92890414 said:
Is the Dread worth building? No idea how I got the blueprint.

And where does Gallium drop frequently? Gotta build my Galatine.

The boss on mars drops one everytime I've rushed through it

Siegmeyer

I seem to have finally got my head round how things work in this game, would love a clan invite if possible.

PSN name: Clarence_Beeks

Rhino is in the oven. Waiting for a new warframe is like waiting for Christmas.

Also, the Boltor is a very, very manly gun. Nailing grineer grunts to walls never gets old.

Xater

So earth supposedly has Neurodes but I have not found a single one yet. Any recommendation for a mission to farm? I want to build the Bronco.

Einbroch

Banned
Love this game, but after 60 hours, I think I'm done.

There's just no end game. It's grinding ezmode bosses and voids for mods/XP with no actual goal. No raid bosses, no ranked PVP system, no real social draw with everything being instanced. Hell there's not even really grinding like in Diablo for a super rare drop, outside of mods.

There's just no staying power. But I really enjoyed my time with it. I threw them $10 even though I don't want to buy anything. Just wanted to "donate", I guess.

molnizzle

Not sure how to accept your invite to the clan? Don't feel bad, the game does a shitty job of explaining itself. Here's what you do.

mlxhNMt.gif

From the main menu screen, press "Option" on your DS4 to pull up the Social Menu. Use your d-pad/analog stick to navigate down to the clan tab (third one down) and press "X" to select it.

Cuq1DIj.png

Bt91DDF.gif

Once you're in the clan tab, you should now see an option for Clan Management. Press "Triangle" on your DS4 to access it.

UE3xJ6x.png

2fq3bYW.gif

If you've received an invite to the clan then you should now see a pop-up to accept or decline the invite. If you already have a random invite from another clan, make sure that you decline it here as you can only have one pending invite at any given time.

c0RZz0n.png

Welcome to the clan!

Lucent

There's just no end game. It's grinding ezmode bosses and voids for mods/XP with no actual goal. No raid bosses, no ranked PVP system, no real social draw with everything being instanced. Hell there's not even really grinding like in Diablo for a super rare drop, outside of mods.

There's just no staying power. But I really enjoyed my time with it. I threw them $10 even though I don't want to buy anything. Just wanted to "donate", I guess.

Yeah I have a feeling I'll be hitting that eventually, too. I've probably only got about 20 hours in now. But I can see what you're talking about. It would've helped if they added story to it or something. As it is, just seems like you're completing the solar map and then it's just about making your frame(s) stronger.

Hopefully the updates eventually get the game to a point where it has goals or something. For now, I'm just playing it to unlock the frames and stuff. It's getting to be more of a side thing now though since I actually have other games to be playing through.

I really like this game, but I need more.

Is there room left in the clan? Would love to join you all now that I think I've finally got all the game systems worked out.

PSN: Teasing_Pink
Timezone: PST

So what is the deal with the Napalm Grineer? Besides being out of their range is there any way to avoid getting hit? If I dodge the napalm blast I still go up in flames. If there's cover or even a wall between the shot and my position I still go up in flames.

Is this a bug? Or is this somehow by design?

Those napalm guys and the grineer electro balls that constantly bang into you and force you to stumble - those are my only real annoyances with the game's design so far. For the most part the actual running and gunning just hasn't gotten old.

Some of these higher level missions do suffer from framerate drops though. I went back to Mercury to gather some Ferrite and level up some secondary gear and its amazing how much more fluid those smaller missions play.

Pop

Orokin Derelict Key runs- To grab Golem Nav Coordinate to make Orokin Derelict Assassinate Key
Orokin Derelict Assassinate Key- To fight the end boss right now(drops Nekros gear)

Tower runs are for rare mod drops and Prime Warframe drops
Orokin Key runs have Dragon doors in them which always has a rare mod, that is if you have the right Dragon Key to open the door

Game is about progression. There's plenty of missions to do. But yes there is an end game.

I've got a question. Is there a list of everyone's PSN name that plays Warframe on here somewhere? I've got about 15 tower keys and a couple of derelict keys I've just made. Would like to have a full squad, and figure it might as well be fellow GAFfers.

If there isn't one, anyone out there savvy enough to set something like that setup? Would be great for the test of us out there in limbo.

SJRB

Gold Member
Total noob question, but where is level 1-3? I did 1-1 and 1-2, now the game is directing me towards 18-16, can't find 1-3 anywhere.

At least, I think I'm supposed to go to a 1-3? This game doesn't explain a whole lot.

HORRORSHØW

I've got a question. Is there a list of everyone's PSN name that plays Warframe on here somewhere? I've got about 15 tower keys and a couple of derelict keys I've just made. Would like to have a full squad, and figure it might as well be fellow GAFfers.

If there isn't one, anyone out there savvy enough to set something like that setup? Would be great for its out there in limbo.
If you're a clan member, you can see everyone's ID there.

Grimløck;92960350 said:
If you're a clan member, you can see everyone's ID there.
I guess that's my point. Is everyone getting a clan invite? Thought I read before that wasn't the case. Thought maybe we could have a list of non recruited/folks on standby do we could hook up for missions. Just a thought.

Not in the clan, btw.

molnizzle

I guess that's my point. Is everyone getting a clan invite? Thought I read before that wasn't the case. Thought maybe we could have a list of non recruited/folks on standby do we could hook up for missions. Just a thought.

Not in the clan, btw.

Clan member limit has been raised to 100. There are still slots open.

Top Bottom