• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I've only spent $10 on platinum, and will *never* spend on what I can otherwise acquire in-game, but if DE shows they support the PS4 version just as much as PC, even if delayed, the floodgates will open.

I've had a lot more fun with this title than many $60 games this year, so they'll definitely get some more plat sold.

I just wonder if there is enough non-game-changing stuff to pick up. I guess I'd start with colors and slots.

frizby

I'm legitimately addicted and would love a clan invite.

PSN: frizby

Time zone : EST
Frames: Rhino (almost 30), Volt (30)

If anybody is doing Tower III Exterminate runs, please please please invite me. I'm only missing the systems blueprint for Frost Prime, and I need it bad like a junkie.

Helscream

Banned
CzarTim looking for a clan invite

Your clan invite is now pending.

If anybody is doing Tower III Exterminate runs, please please please invite me. I'm only missing the systems blueprint for Frost Prime, and I need it bad like a junkie.

Your clan invitation failed because you are either in a clan or have a invite pending from another clan.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'd love an invite as well: The_Sphinx

Thanks guys. This game is pretty addicting, but I don't even know why haha. Just playing as this cyber space ninja wrecking stuff is pretty cool. I'm also completely surprised at this being a co-op shooter, I thought for sure it was "just" a regular deatchmatch/tdm style of game.

Semper88

I find it extremely fun but i have totally no clue of what i'm doing.. I got like a lvl 14 Loki with awesome skills to bail out when needed :p

Does anyone else have some frame drop issues? was playing yesterday and it got really crowded with lots of AoE's and drops flying around and my PS4 was going in cease and desist mode for like a few seconds and then comes back to life and does it again.

Btw thx for the clan invite.

shugdaddy

Neo Member
As a low level player, level 7 Loki, what mission type is best to grind for credits? I want better weapons but do not want to buy platinum. Happy to grind atm as most missions are quite fast to finish.

I'm also completely surprised at this being a co-op shooter, I thought for sure it was "just" a regular deatchmatch/tdm style of game.

This was my biggest surprise too. I ignored the game for a long time on Steam because I thought the same thing about it being a crappy f2p deathmatch game. Only gave it a shot on the PS4 because I had "new console in the house, lets see what it can do" excitement the night I got my PS4. Really glad I did, liking it a lot. The weird aesthetic really appeals to me, reminds me of Anarchy Online, where otherwise standard items and mechanics are just bizarre and unfamiliar enough to give it a unique appeal.

Semper88

As a low level player, level 7 Loki, what mission type is best to grind for credits? I want better weapons but do not want to buy platinum. Happy to grind atm as most missions are quite fast to finish.

Just progress through the planets, thats what I'm doing.. so far so good. Some defense missions you want to avoid and you'll notice that when you look at the lvl recommendation.

It says like 10-20 that means when you are like lvl 10 you'll need a good group to get through.

But i can be wrong seeing that i just started myself too.

molnizzle

Just progress through the planets, thats what I'm doing.. so far so good. Some defense missions you want to avoid and you'll notice that when you look at the lvl recommendation.

It says like 10-20 that means when you are like lvl 10 you'll need a good group to get through.

But i can be wrong seeing that i just started myself too.

The level range you see under missions refers to the levels of the enemies in that mission. It's not exact, but it gives you a general idea. Warframe isn't a game where you'll always be matching your enemies level-for-level. Players are capped at 30 -- but enemies can scale well into the 100's!

Mrcapcom

In response to everyone saying they addicted I'm also apart of the group. Spent about 5 bucks on the game so far though and only brought the Orkin Reactors 1 set of colors (by accident but regret nothing!) And some more weapon and warframe slots. I have around 5 slots for frames.

I'm currently trying to get Frost or Frost Prime so hit me up MrCapcom. I'm almost done crafting Trinity which will be done tonight hopefully and I got two more parts for Nova I think I just need the Chasis beating Raptor is crazy since I spec my Rhino with Shotguns which is fun but he flys. I have the Latron but man that thing fires slow whats a recommendation on a good rifle? And Good Weapon for beatin Raptor?

molnizzle

I'd love an invite as well: The_Sphinx

Would love to join the clan too

PSN id: SixStringPsycho

Invites sent!

...and I'll go ahead and quote this for the new page.

Not sure how to accept your invite to the clan? Don't feel bad, the game does a shitty job of explaining itself. Here's what you do.

mlxhNMt.gif

From the main menu screen, press "Option" on your DS4 to pull up the Social Menu. Use your d-pad/analog stick to navigate down to the clan tab (third one down) and press "X" to select it.

Cuq1DIj.png

Bt91DDF.gif

Once you're in the clan tab, you should now see an option for Clan Management. Press "Triangle" on your DS4 to access it.

UE3xJ6x.png

2fq3bYW.gif

If you've received an invite to the clan then you should now see a pop-up to accept or decline the invite. If you already have a random invite from another clan, make sure that you decline it here as you can only have one pending invite at any given time.

c0RZz0n.png

Welcome to the clan!

Pop

I've spent way more time with Warframe then my other $60 titles. I'm just completely hooked. Love everything about it. Spent about $30 on colors, reactors etc.. just cosmetic stuff.

Really waiting on Update 11 for trading and the new damage system.

Edit: Just got the Jaw Sword from an Alert and currently being built. I know it's not the best but it's rare.

Mrcapcom

I've spent way more time with Warframe then my other $60 titles. I'm just completely hooked. Love everything about it. Spent about $30 on colors, reactors etc.. just cosmetic stuff.

Really waiting on Update 11 for trading and the new damage system.

Edit: Just got the Jaw Sword from an Alert and currently being built. I know it's not the best but it's rare.

Nice I just saw that alert smh

What I do for now till we get a Nexus app that works for PS4 I went into twitter followed the warframeps4 alerts and in the app for android you can select it to notify you when it tweets. I saw that pop up on the way to work was mad I couldn't do it lol

Was helping a low level group of guys when a level 48 stalker appears in one of the early missions and slaughtered me.

That was interesting.

HORRORSHØW

You get plenty of credits just playing the game. The only times when I needed to grind were for mats or frames so far.

BPoole

Frost Prime BP drops in T1 Ext afaik

Yazuka

So can I and a friend play co-op on this online, without interference from other players? At least until you get to know the game?

Dunlop

I hopefully get my PS4 tonight (UPS delivery so 50/50) and already have

AC4
BF4
CoD

And want to play this more than any of those lol

Sykotik

Thanks for the info. Will try this then, it looks pretty cool.
But if other players should join are they with you or against you?

They're with you. There are only a few maps in the entire game that are PvP, and they're easy to spot. They're red icons, designated as Conclave.

Siegmeyer

Firstly, thanks to whoever sent me the clan invite. Secondly, I have a few questions about how it works.

My experience with online gaming starts and ends with about 20 hrs in Killzone 2, and about 12 days in MW2 before dropping it forever, so forgive my ignorance.

What is the etiquette involved in forming a squad? I can see from the clan tab who is online, but how are you forming up? Are you just joining a session? Or is that frowned upon without an invite/request beforehand? Do you need to be PSN friends or can you just party up from the Warframe menu? What do the symbols next to the online names mean? I'm guessing the gold symbol is for people already in a squad?

I realise some of you are probably far ahead of me (I've only put about 12 hours in so far), so how can you see what level of player you should be trying to form up with? I don't want to be that underpowered guy who keeps getting slaughtered and holding everyone back.

Any help much appreciated.

Uthred

Tempted to give this a go, is there anything in particular to watch out for when starting or are all the starter frames more or less equivalent?

Edit: Actually as a general question how balanced are the frames?

Sykotik

As for the icons next to names - Checkmark means they're in the main menu, grey person means in a squad that isn't full, orange person is a squad that is full. The problem is, the icons do not update frequently, so by the time you try to join someone, it's probably already full.

There isn't really any set etiquette because the communication system is just not useful. I say, just try to join. There's no way to see what content difficulty they're on, so you're just going to have to try. If they want to play alone, they can set it to Solo.

If you want to try to form a squad yourself, you can just send invites to all the check-marked people on the clan. At worst, they'll decline.

Clan chat is next to useless, because you have to be on the main-menu with it open to see any chat. It doesn't show up in-mission, and you can't control anything else while it's open, so nobody uses it with any frequency.

Not sure how to accept your invite to the clan? Don't feel bad, the game does a shitty job of explaining itself. Here's what you do.

mlxhNMt.gif

From the main menu screen, press "Option" on your DS4 to pull up the Social Menu. Use your d-pad/analog stick to navigate down to the clan tab (third one down) and press "X" to select it.

Cuq1DIj.png

Bt91DDF.gif

Once you're in the clan tab, you should now see an option for Clan Management. Press "Triangle" on your DS4 to access it.

UE3xJ6x.png

2fq3bYW.gif

If you've received an invite to the clan then you should now see a pop-up to accept or decline the invite. If you already have a random invite from another clan, make sure that you decline it here as you can only have one pending invite at any given time.

c0RZz0n.png

Welcome to the clan!

Epic Post, Ya'll.

Much Warframe. Wow.

Sykotik

Tempted to give this a go, is there anything in particular to watch out for when starting or are all the starter frames more or less equivalent?

Edit: Actually as a general question how balanced are the frames?

Out of the 3 frame choices in the beginning, Mag is the best, in my opinion. I don't know enough about Loki to give a recommendation. Excalibur is below-average - it has next to no utility, and 2/4 of it's skills put the player in a bad position, the other two are next to useless. Personally, I would choose Mag, just because it's so powerful early-game. I've heard Mag is being nerfed next patch though, so that's a bummer.

As for the rest of the frames, they usually have at least one skill which makes them worth having in the party.

kaioshade

Out of the 3 frame choices in the beginning, Mag is the best, in my opinion. I don't know enough about Loki to give a recommendation. Excalibur is below-average - it has next to no utility, and 2/4 of it's skills put the player in a bad position, the other two are next to useless. Personally, I would choose Mag, just because it's so powerful early-game. I've heard Mag is being nerfed next patch though, so that's a bummer.

As for the rest of the frames, they usually have at least one skill which makes them worth having in the party.

Mag's damage has been changed with some of the type splits, but she is still VERY viable and still one of the best starter mags, if not in the entire game.

Grimløck;93050818 said:
You get plenty of credits just playing the game. The only times when I needed to grind were for mats or frames so far.

I get maybe 1500 credits for a mission but everything is so expensive. One craft was like 15k for pretty marginal upgrade. Then it was like 5000 to fuse something to one of my cards to level it up. It seems costs are pretty high. I know the missions don't take too long but it still feels a little grindy at the moment

Also how is volt? He's the frame I picked. The only like power move I use right now does like an aoe shock blast that does pretty good damage

molnizzle

Firstly, thanks to whoever sent me the clan invite. Secondly, I have a few questions about how it works.

My experience with online gaming starts and ends with about 20 hrs in Killzone 2, and about 12 days in MW2 before dropping it forever, so forgive my ignorance.

What is the etiquette involved in forming a squad? I can see from the clan tab who is online, but how are you forming up? Are you just joining a session? Or is that frowned upon without an invite/request beforehand? Do you need to be PSN friends or can you just party up from the Warframe menu? What do the symbols next to the online names mean? I'm guessing the gold symbol is for people already in a squad?

I realise some of you are probably far ahead of me (I've only put about 12 hours in so far), so how can you see what level of player you should be trying to form up with? I don't want to be that underpowered guy who keeps getting slaughtered and holding everyone back.

Warframe is kind of a wonky online experience for a "virgin" such as yourself because it does many things differently than the vast majority of online games on the market. For example, Warframe has its own internal friends list. You can be friends with a dude on PSN but not friends with him in Warframe (and vice versa). This is likely due to the planned cross-platform functionality with the PC version, but it's kind of weird for the time being. Most games aren't like that.

As for etiquette, feel free to simply join any clan member's game if you want. If someone wants to play by themselves or with a private group then there are settings that let them do that. If you can join someone's game then their settings were such that they left that option open. So don't be apprehensive! If the game lets you join, then the person wanted friends and clan members to be able to hop in. That or they had their group settings wrong. =P Either way, there's no need to worry on your end. The only caveat here is that if you zone in and find that you are vastly underpowered for the task at hand, be a bro and abort so that you're not dead weight (unless the group is adamant that they can carry you). Joining up with a clan game is stress free!

HOWEVER, reading up and educating yourself at the Wiki is highly encouraged. This game is not dissimilar to Demon's/Dark Souls in that it doesn't explain much to the player at all. Warframe has a few fairly intricate and unintuitive mechanics and you could potentially play for dozens of hours before you even become aware of their existence (*ahem* like me). I'm sure that most clan members are happy to help (I am at least, feel free to msg me in game if you want -- PSN: molnizzle) but keep in mind that the only reason we know anything is because we looked it up on the Wiki. You too have that power!

Seriously though, don't be afraid to join games or ask questions. We could really use some more experienced, knowledgeable members and we're happy to help you get there.

Sykotik

Mag's damage has been changed with some of the type splits, but she is still VERY viable and still one of the best starter mags, if not in the entire game.

What I'm referencing is Pull no longer goes through walls. I don't know if this is accurate, as I didn't read it myself. As for Mag otherwise, still very powerful.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I choose Mag because it said something about spellcasting or something. That it was a good choice is cool. Although I have no idea how to do any of the spells.

Can I get an invite?
PSN: benny_a
TZ: CEST

All I have is an Excalibur. I'm struggling to get in with any of you that are in the clan.

I'd really like a Volt Warframe. Anyone willing to assist with that some time?

So can I and a friend play co-op on this online, without interference from other players? At least until you get to know the game?

Yes you can just make a private party.

You can also ask me (The_Octodad) or others in the clan for help. I'm happy to walk people through stuff.

Siegmeyer

Thanks Sykotik, very helpful.

Edit: And Molvetica.

I've already had a pretty good look at the Wiki. I think I've figured out how fusion works and how your equipment all levels up individually, and how to equip mods in the correct polarity slots. I would have done a lot more experimentation with fusing/transmuting if it weren't for losing those precious credits without knowing if what I was doing was a good idea or not.

Sykotik

I choose Mag because it said something about spellcasting or something. That it was a good choice is cool. Although I have no idea how to do any of the spells.

Can I get an invite?
PSN: benny_a
TZ: CEST

Sent.

You have to equip the "spells" (ie; Mods) in your Arsenal menus. Once you choose Arsenal, you'll see a list of your Warframe and all your equipped.. equipment. When you highlight said equipment, you'll see some options just to the right of them, such as Upgrade. The "upgrade" area is where you want to be. It's where you add "Mods" to your equipment. Warframes have 10 mod slots + 1 Aura slot, and weapons have 8 mod slots.

Mods range from "spells" to passive buffs, such as increased shields, or health.

The nitty-gritty is a bit too much to type up coherently, so I would recommend reading The Wiki to further your knowledge on the matter.

molnizzle

:(

Wish I'd had that information before jumping in. No matter..Rhino in less than 24 hrs!

You and me both.

Warframe - PS4 |OT| CHOOSE MAG, THANK US LATER

On the bright side, acquiring the materials for new Warframes is relatively easy to do. Especially if you have a decent group or help from the clan. Good call on Rhino too. He's the Excalibur you always wanted.

All I have is an Excalibur. I'm struggling to get in with any of you that are in the clan.

I'd really like a Volt Warframe. Anyone willing to assist with that some time?

I'd recommend against Volt, honestly. Apparently he's slightly better in Update 11 (out for PC, at Sony cert for PS4) but for the time being he kinda sucks. He has some decent offensive abilities but not enough survivability. The shield thing is kinda cool, but not all that useful once you have a giant gaggle of enemies swarming you. Which is pretty much how every "high tier" encounter plays out in Warframe. ;-)

Get a Rhino. Seriously, get one. All of you. Anyone who's reading this. If you don't have a Rhino, get a goddamn Rhino. He's probably the easiest frame to acquire; all blueprints drop from Jackal (Venus boss, mission "Fossa") which is not a tough fight at all. Rhino's play style isn't for everyone, but I do think that just about everyone should at least have one for soloing purposes. It's not always possible to get a group and Rhino doesn't go down easily, especially against early/mid tier enemies.

Especially for those coming from Excalibur, Rhino is just refreshing to play. He's like Excalibur except he doesn't die. Even with a ridiculous amount of enemies beating you up constantly. Fuck yeah.

I love my Excalibur D: I use him in a support role though using the blind skill and dash, helps to level them up though. Dashing in,blinding then unleashing a javelin is extremely satisfying!

In the process of making a mag prime and I want to make a Saryn too though!

molnizzle

I love my Excalibur D: I use him in a support role though using the blind skill and dash, helps to level them up though. Dashing in,blinding then unleashing a javelin is extremely satisfying!

In the process of making a mag prime and I want to make a Saryn too though!

You know what's even better? Dashing in with Rhino (with "Rhino Charge" skill) and never dying. =P

Top Bottom