• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Con_Smith

Banned
Think think is cool but his full abilities eat up slots and even at level ten I still get bullet sponges. I think playing mag first spoiled me on the think man.

Uthred

Rhino's play style isn't for everyone, but I do think that just about everyone should at least have one for soloing purposes.

How feasible is the game solo? Is solo play something to do when you cant get/dont have groups or can you get a fair bit done all on your lonesome?

molnizzle

How feasible is the game solo? Is solo play something to do when you cant get/dont have groups or can you get a fair bit done all on your lonesome?

With the right Warframe and mods, it's extremely feasible to get a ton done solo.

For starting out soloing, get a Rhino ASAP. Select Mag as your first frame if you haven't already made a decision. It's binding, FYI. Choose wisely. Choose Mag.

Is there any way to tag players as "avoid matchmaking", or otherwise kick them from your hosted sessions? I enjoy playing with most random folks, but sometimes when rerunning a boss for warframe blueprints I keep getting matched up with the same micspamming, rush ahead people over and over that are doing the same mission farming as me.

Aside from running solo, or quitting to come back later, is there any recourse? I was hoping for something like xbl's "Avoid this player" player review, but couldn't find anything aside from blocking their psn messages.

Eyerox

Well worth it.

I been rolling with Ember/Rhino frames and currently going for Frost Prime. Need more of them tower keys.

Just started building Rhino this morning. ~65 more hours :(

Trying to find a good Void guide. Did a Tower Capture I with some friends yesterday and was amazed at the size of the tower. It just kept going and going and going and going....

HORRORSHØW

Is there any way to tag players as "avoid matchmaking", or otherwise kick them from your hosted sessions? I enjoy playing with most random folks, but sometimes when rerunning a boss for warframe blueprints I keep getting matched up with the same micspamming, rush ahead people over and over that are doing the same mission farming as me.

Aside from running solo, or quitting to come back later, is there any recourse? I was hoping for something like xbl's "Avoid this player" player review, but couldn't find anything aside from blocking their psn messages.
I don't think so. An alternative may be to party up with people you know.

This is the game of the launch for me. It's the just the surrealist feeling to it all. It's what launches are all about, a change from the past. Something different.

I'm going to ask for a clan invite. I'm in the UK though and only get a few hours in the evening to play, but it would be a nice change to play with a real team. Might actually be able to get past those tricky Defence missions near Mars!

PSN - philisatwat

PS - I chose Mag.

Mrcapcom

All I have is an Excalibur. I'm struggling to get in with any of you that are in the clan.

I'd really like a Volt Warframe. Anyone willing to assist with that some time?

Where does Volt Drop? I'm down to help whenever im on add me MrCapcom

You and me both.

Warframe - PS4 |OT| CHOOSE MAG, THANK US LATER

On the bright side, acquiring the materials for new Warframes is relatively easy to do. Especially if you have a decent group or help from the clan. Good call on Rhino too. He's the Excalibur you always wanted.

I'd recommend against Volt, honestly. Apparently he's slightly better in Update 11 (out for PC, at Sony cert for PS4) but for the time being he kinda sucks. He has some decent offensive abilities but not enough survivability. The shield thing is kinda cool, but not all that useful once you have a giant gaggle of enemies swarming you. Which is pretty much how every "high tier" encounter plays out in Warframe. ;-)

Get a Rhino. Seriously, get one. All of you. Anyone who's reading this. If you don't have a Rhino, get a goddamn Rhino. He's probably the easiest frame to acquire; all blueprints drop from Jackal (Venus boss, mission "Fossa") which is not a tough fight at all. Rhino's play style isn't for everyone, but I do think that just about everyone should at least have one for soloing purposes. It's not always possible to get a group and Rhino doesn't go down easily, especially against early/mid tier enemies.

Especially for those coming from Excalibur, Rhino is just refreshing to play. He's like Excalibur except he doesn't die. Even with a ridiculous amount of enemies beating you up constantly. Fuck yeah.

So mad I spent a OCell on my Excalibur I will say I had tons of fun with him but its like now what. Do I sell him? Also does Rhino speed ever get better? Also at this point it doesn't seem like Roar even helps and I rarely get a chance to spam or use Stomp thinking of not using those. Iron Skin and Charge

I feel like I'm cheating on my $60 PS4 games with Warframe.

Haha I feel the same way when I play and look at my KZ and NFS like hmm I should play those sometime and then be like nah let me get more mods.

And Sykotik can u add me in game pretty pls lmbo

At this point I should just rename my PS4 the Warframestation. How can a game this buggy be this addictive?
Whenever me and my buddies send texts to co-op we just ask if we're interested in playing some BattleWarShadowKillFrameZoneFall, or maybe some WarKillBattleFallZoneFrameShadow. Words don't even matter anymore - we just throw out random grunts and nod.

Yazuka

They're with you. There are only a few maps in the entire game that are PvP, and they're easy to spot. They're red icons, designated as Conclave.
That sounds great! I'm not too fond of PvP, I thought this game was a PvP game at first.

Yes you can just make a private party.

You can also ask me (The_Octodad) or others in the clan for help. I'm happy to walk people through stuff.

Thanks I appreciate it.

I'd recommend against Volt, honestly. Apparently he's slightly better in Update 11 (out for PC, at Sony cert for PS4) but for the time being he kinda sucks. He has some decent offensive abilities but not enough survivability. The shield thing is kinda cool, but not all that useful once you have a giant gaggle of enemies swarming you. Which is pretty much how every "high tier" encounter plays out in Warframe. ;-)

I'm not at the higher tiers yet, but I haven't had any problems surviving and doing well as Volt once I upped my shields and powers. I do wish I had an Electric Slash power, a la N7 Shadow, but that's ok.

Siegmeyer

Damn all these posts saying MAG was the better choice, I guess I should have come to this thread sooner.

How much are new frames to buy? I don't mind throwing a little cash the devs way. I've only unlocked the first three Venus missions so far, have bought a new gun (the Braton) and just crafted the sword you get from killing Vor. I've only really started to play around with the movement mechanics and my special attacks a bit more creatively in the last few hours (Liu Kang flying kick to the shielded Grineer ftw) but I've had a ton of fun.

Is there anything worth buying right now with the 50 free Platinum they give you?

Mrcapcom

Oh yea I for the new peeps please please turn off the Melee to Camera and Auto Aim I did this the first time last weekend and it was really awesome now

HORRORSHØW

Damn all these posts saying MAG was the better choice, I guess I should have come to this thread sooner.

How much are new frames to buy? I don't mind throwing a little cash the devs way. I've only unlocked the first three Venus missions so far, have bought a new gun (the Braton) and just crafted the sword you get from killing Vor. I've only really started to play around with the movement mechanics and my special attacks a bit more creatively in the last few hours (Liu Kang flying kick to the shielded Grineer ftw) but I've had a ton of fun.

Is there anything worth buying right now with the 50 free Platinum they give you?
Those are better spent on buying additional slots for frames/weapons b/c you can get most items through grinding. Even though Mag is easy mode, you can get a Rhino relatively early by farming the Venus boss.

Also: You're going to want to level up all the frames/weapons anyways to get your Master Rank up so it doesn't matter too much what your starter frame is, IMO.

ObiDin

Whenever me and my buddies send texts to co-op we just ask if we're interested in playing some BattleWarShadowKillFrameZoneFall, or maybe some WarKillBattleFallZoneFrameShadow. Words don't even matter anymore - we just throw out random grunts and nod.

Seriously. Whenever I boot up the PS4 I always think I'll go back and play some Killzone or ACIV, but I just end up back playing Warframe trying to farm up the resources for whatever weapon or frame catches my fancy. My friends don't even ask me to play anything else anymore, they just join me.

Oh and defense missions are where it's at yo. I've lost soo much time on Killiken(sp?, on Venus) Now that my Boltor and Rhino are leveled up, it's friggin fun.

Highlaw

Banned
I haven't read the whole thread so I'm sorry if I'm beating on a dead horse but, don't you guys find the L1 functions annoying?

In the PC version I'm always sliding+jumping to get a speed boost. But on PS4 the L1 is so weird, it's like a toggle that you can't turn off (like a toggle should).

For example Sprint + L1 to slide. Now how do you stop sliding? Pressing L1 again does nothing, the only way out is to jump (which is inconvenient sometimes) or wait for it to stop and be a sitting duck

The other thing I don't like is crouching. I do it so many times by accident when I want to slide. and getting out of it by sprinting/jumping isn't the best thing ever (iirc you can't stand with L1, might be wrong here)

they should add a lot of binding options like Blacklight. To toggle/hold certain actions & more

Mrcapcom

Seriously. Whenever I boot up the PS4 I always think I'll go back and play some Killzone or ACIV, but I just end up back playing Warframe trying to farm up the resources for whatever weapon or frame catches my fancy. My friends don't even ask me to play anything else anymore, they just join me.

Oh and defense missions are where it's at yo. I've lost soo much time on Killiken(sp?, on Venus) Now that my Boltor and Rhino are leveled up, it's friggin fun.

You have a Boltor? How do you like it? Is it fast or slow? I just crafted it thinking it would be similar to the MK1 Braton with better damage

ObiDin

You have a Boltor? How do you like it? Is it fast or slow? I just crafted it thinking it would be similar to the MK1 Braton with better damage

I love it. I'm not a high enough rank(3, need to be 5 I think) to be able to get the Soma(want!), so the Boltor is nice for now. Just be prepared to aim in front of moving enemies as the bolts have a slight travel time. Then just slap serration/shred/hellfire mods on it and you will be mowing down the enemies.

Seriously tho, if you need help getting mods/leveling up early game just do defense missions. I've gotten upwards of 20 mods and leveled up my Orthos from 0-9 in one mission before.

Ardenyal

For example Sprint + L1 to slide. Now how do you stop sliding? Pressing L1 again does nothing, the only way out is to jump (which is inconvenient sometimes) or wait for it to stop and be a sitting duck
You need hold L1 a bit longer to stop sliding. It's awkward like a lot of other things with the controls.

Sykotik

Nova has one of the most overpowered skills in the entire game. If you could imagine killing everything at any time always whenever, then that's pretty close to what Nova does. Drawback is she is frail.

It's funny, but in a way I kind of like the build wait times. . . it really builds the anticipation for a new frame or weapon. It does suck if you hit a lul on blueprints, but at this point I have so much in the cue that I almost always have something new to try.

Mrcapcom

Nova has one of the most overpowered skills in the entire game. If you could imagine killing everything at any time always whenever, then that's pretty close to what Nova does. Drawback is she is frail.

Yea I think she does more damage than Ember. I think ill go with Nova I just need one more part and shes mines.

kaioshade

Nova will drop off at high levels. MPrime, at base 800 damage is good, but nowhere near the instadeath it was at lower levels. She is valuable in any team, as the rebuffs still help, but she isn't quite OP yet as some might think.

oktarb

So are there rare cards for every version? I ask because I have two cards called Bladestorm for Ash. Both have the same text but one is uncommon and the other is rare. Also C10 vs. C50. Everything else looks the same. is this a universal thing, a fluke or insanity on my part?

You can't remember that they're called Warframes....?

lmao I imagine you must be fairly new to the game.

It's easy to buy the blueprint and then go find the blue prints for the parts. The wiki is crucial here. For instance, if you want the Rhino warframe, you check the wiki for where to find the blueprint for the Rhino helmet, chassis, and systems ( in this example it is the Venus boss that drops them, Jackal). You collect all the materials for each part, build all three, and then you buy the Rhino blueprint from the store (if you haven't already) and build that using the three parts.

Same goes for weapons. I usually check the wiki for whatever material I need to construct it and then find the best place to farm for them and head there. For instance, I'm making the bow right now and just need morphics. It says I can find them on Mercury but according to the wiki, it's much easier to find them in the Mars system, the War level specifically.

If you focus on planet progression in the direction you need, you should be able to get access to the majority of the materials in a relatively short amount of time.

tldr: wiki wiki wiki

Thanks !

yeah im new. Started it when the PC version was kind of new but didnt care
started it on ps4 as a MAG, play about 1 mission a night or so right now and am enjoying it quite a bit

CthulhuPL

Anyone gets "strict nat" mesage at startup? I have NAT type2 (or moderate) but I put my PS4 on DMZ and I have UpnP enabled in my router.

Vodh

I've played it for a couple hours and honestly, I love the gameplay, but the microtransactions model and the amount of grind seem atrocious... :(

Con_Smith

Banned
Two questions guys. What's the white emblem when you finish a level? Checked the wiki but couldn't find anything.

Also does anyone else get this weird bug where you finish a mission and while waiting to get to the lobby you either get a black screen with action or a revive/forfeit prompt? I've lost out on two frost prime blue prints as well as some other goodies from this thing and having to close the application to resolve the problem. Really ruins the experience after doing some hard ass missions and winding up with jack shit to show for it.

Top Bottom