• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Great playing with y'all. Too many folks to remember names lol. When I awake, it's Rhino time!

Also does anyone else get this weird bug where you finish a mission and while waiting to get to the lobby you either get a black screen with action or a revive/forfeit prompt?

It's some sort of issue with someone's connection in the room. As soon as they quit the game, you'll see the results page with all goodies intact.

redhot_

Tried to solo for the first time in the higher level areas. What the fuck were they thinking letting more than one commander spawn in a room?

Uthred

If you do want to throw some money at the game are you better buying platinum straight or going for one of the prime packs?

Vodh

And how is Warframe if I were to treat it as a single-player game? Is all the content doable and obtainable solo, or do you need to play with others to progress once you hit a certain level?

Gaz_RB

And how is Warframe if I were to treat it as a single-player game? Is all the content doable and obtainable solo, or do you need to play with others to progress once you hit a certain level?

Hard as hell. Best to play with others.

atpbx

I tried this on the PC at the beginning of the year and couldn't get on with it, it's pretty much all I play on my PS4 at the moment, it just seems to feel better to play on it, suits the game more.

Nonsense I know.
I have Trinity and Necros (I bought both of them at the beginning), and just end up playing with randoms as I don't have a clan or a friends list to speak of.
Still a great game.

Had a bunch of great games with GAF folks tonight!

Nova will be ready for tomorrow, but I'll probably keep rolling Rhino for awhile 'till I max it out.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Can someone please explain why this game is getting bad reviews? Maybe I have odd taste in gaming but this has turned into my favourite third person action game ever. This is..pound for pound a better game than shadow fall.

Codiox

Can someone please explain why this game is getting bad reviews? Maybe I have odd taste in gaming but this has turned into my favourite third person action game ever. This is..pound for pound a better game than shadow fall.

So much this! i really regret that i bought it. I better had bought some platinum instead of KZ.
I hope we get the particle effects on ps4 aswell.

Ps: thanks for taking me into the clan and thx to justagame for the help on survival!

Helscream

Banned
Does anyone have mobile defense Tier 3 for the void? I can't seem to get anyone and try to get one in a public game is impossible. Everyone wants to do exterminate. I only have like every other key atleast 5 or more.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Ive seen it getting points docked because it's not a cover shooter.

Looks like reviewers can't get enough of conspicuous waist high walls everywhere.

Narroo

You need to play with other people.

The game is really unbalanced it terms of party size.

I'll put it like this: If you have four people in a party, each person only has to deal with 1/2 as many enemies, the party as a whole gets 4x energy orbs, and you've got three people to revive you if you die.

So much this! i really regret that i bought it. I better had bought some platinum instead of KZ.

Ps: thanks for taking me into the clan and thx to justagame for the help on survival!
:)

Anytime. Here to help where I can. If anyone want to do a tower or derelict run just send a message and I'll set us up. Rhino in one hour!!!

Zakalwe

Banned

It's extremely repetitive, and it's nothing more than a gear grind.

Some people don't have a problem with that, but there's just not enough to the gameplay to justify it after a while.

Edit: I would like to point out that even though I find the above to be true, I keep finding myself drawn back to WF every few weeks. I just wish there was more engaging endgame style content.

Foxyone

I'd like to get back into this game, although it doesn't help that my school laptop only does 720p 40-60FPS. Is it true that PS4 and PC players can play together?

They took out a lot of them for the sake of FPS, I think. It's probably a case of particles or 60 FPS.

frizby

I'm legitimately addicted and would love a clan invite.

PSN: frizby

Time zone : EST
Frames: Rhino (almost 30), Volt (30)

If anybody is doing Tower III Exterminate runs, please please please invite me. I'm only missing the systems blueprint for Frost Prime, and I need it bad like a junkie.

Your clan invitation failed because you are either in a clan or have a invite pending from another clan.

Sorry about that. A random had sent me an clan invite, and I didn't know. It should be clear now.

Edit: I also just re-sent you a friend request. After deleting the random clan, I thought that was a random invite.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Heh, got two frame blueprints for yesterday and today's login lottery. Not bad at all. I just need to go on a binge and unlock planets so I can harvest some materials. I find myself keep playing some of the early missions over and over.

Sdoots

Heh, got two frame blueprints for yesterday and today's login lottery. Not bad at all. I just need to go on a binge and unlock planets so I can harvest some materials. I find myself keep playing some of the early missions over and over.

I wrote a guide on farming back in the early days, was one of the guides you'd see when you shift+tabbed in Steam. While the strategies have changed since then, I can still point you in the right directions.

Xini, and Cyath. You'll need to look through the planets and figure out where those are for yourself, I can't quite remember off the top of my head I'm afraid. I also may have misspelt Cyath. Yeah, super helpful info, I know. But keep reading.

Both of these areas are relatively high level, have massive amounts of enemies known to drop both high value mods, lower value mods that you need a lot of for fusion purposes because the effect is so goddamn useful it's near mandatory, and resources that are usually a pain in the ass.

I want to say Xini is at Ceres, but I might be way off there. Again, I'm sorry I can't be more precise. I'll hop on my game tonight and take a look at my map, and come back in here with some suggestions of good places for farming for you all.

Don't hold me to that, I'm super unreliable. But I'll try.

I wrote a guide on farming back in the early days, was one of the guides you'd see when you shift+tabbed in Steam. While the strategies have changed since then, I can still point you in the right directions.

Xini, and Cyath. You'll need to look through the planets and figure out where those are for yourself, I can't quite remember off the top of my head I'm afraid. I also may have misspelt Cyath. Yeah, super helpful info, I know. But keep reading.

Both of these areas are relatively high level, have massive amounts of enemies known to drop both high value mods, lower value mods that you need a lot of for fusion purposes because the effect is so goddamn useful it's near mandatory, and resources that are usually a pain in the ass.

I want to say Xini is at Ceres, but I might be way off there. Again, I'm sorry I can't be more precise. I'll hop on my game tonight and take a look at my map, and come back in here with some suggestions of good places for farming for you all.

Don't hold me to that, I'm super unreliable. But I'll try.

Xini and Cyath are on Eris. best place to farm infested related material. For other materials, just any low level survival and play for 20 to 40 minutes long depending how much you and handle

Sdoots

So Survivals are the new Defense/Mob Defense, then? Good to know.

Infested mobs have the highest rate to drop elemental attack mods, which may not be as big of a deal with Damage 2.0, still too early to tell.

So Survivals are the new Defense/Mob Defense, then? Good to know.

Infested mobs have the highest rate to drop elemental attack mods, which may not be as big of a deal with Damage 2.0, still too early to tell.

I like don't like defense because it's slow. Mob defense is only fun to me against infested. Survival all the way.

Pop

I have no clue, really...

As much as I hate to agree but Warframe really is the better game. I rarely never play third person perspective games but damn am I hooked.

I got an MK-1 Braton as a login reward today..... =/

On the plus side got my first war frame to level 30!

Gratz! Time to get Rhino :)

----

Edit: I can solo 40-50lvl areas on my Rhino. It gets a little spammy with the Iron Skin but it's doable. Rhino Stomp maxed out and with Stretch mod can and will clear whole rooms. I'm talking those huge rooms.

Jburton

Banned
Complete noob here about to try and dip my toe in for a third time (tried on PC last year and PS4 once) ............. What the hell is going on in this game?

I have no clue, really...

As much as I hate to agree but Warframe really is the better game. I rarely never play third person perspective games but damn am I hooked.

Gratz! Time to get Rhino :)

----

Edit: I can solo 40-50lvl areas on my Rhino. It gets a little spammy with the Iron Skin but it's doable. Rhino Stomp maxed out and with Stretch mod can and will clear whole rooms. I'm talking those huge rooms.

And once you get rhino, you can farm Raptor to get Nova :)

Complete noob here about to try and dip my toe in for a third time (tried on PC last year and PS4 once) ............. What the hell is going on in this game?

You drop into a mission, get joined by up to 3 dudes. You storm the level, killing, slicing, jumping, wallrunning, spamming skills, AOE, and shit. You run to extract. Get XP, loot and materials. You level your frame and weapons, you stack mods and equip them.

Repeat. Get overpowered. Look for a new frame. Get it. Have fun with a new gameplay and new skills. Get better guns. Get a sentinels. Get a better sword/dagger/cleaver/leash/throwing ninja knives/shotgun/pistol/laser rifle/whatever you want.

Team up and go into the Void for extra challenge end Prime Gear.

Repeat.

It's a dungeon crawler. But TPS. Stylish. And super fast

PuMa

Any spots left in the GAF clan? I'd love an invite if possible. I think my previous request got lost in the shuffle a few pages back.

PSN - Puma

jooso

Played this for an hour or so last week and really enjoyed it! I just went through few of the first missions and shot some bad guys with three randoms. Don't know anything else about upgrading guns or new characters and such. Should I continue playing and the game explains all that deeper level stuff at some point?

kmg90

Has U11 been released yet on PS4?

Also I wonder if changed the naming syntax for captured media

BahUEi8CUAErV6Q.jpg:large

Dubz

Can I stick with the default guns, or should I buy different ones? One thing I don't like is when I go through the marketplace there are no descriptions or stats of the different weapons and whatnot. Hard to know what to buy without stats...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Can I stick with the default guns, or should I buy different ones? One thing I don't like is when I go through the marketplace there are no descriptions or stats of the different weapons and whatnot. Hard to know what to buy without stats...maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

I'd check out the wiki.. for info.. theres loads so take notes :)

Had a game this morning with a few in the clan.. lol had a mishap with a laser which was quite funny, but then everyone cleared the mission... good game finally got my rhino systems and rhino helmet getting made in the foundry..and a seer..

Thanks guys btw :).. looking forward to more

I stuck with the default guns until I found blueprints / parts to replace them, which meant I ended up levelling both to 30. The Lato seemed to hold out better than the Mk-1 Braton for me, that really felt weak near the end. A lot will come down to what mods you find and how you kit it out though. I didn't find any serious damage increasing mods for my rifle until after it was 30, just found and endless stream of ammo and reload mods, so that made it performe underpar for sure.

You can see stats on the marketplace, just initiate the buy with x, and it will bring up a description and stats. You can back out from there if you don't want to buy it. Shame the stats are so obscure though, don't show on half the places you see items, and there aren't easier ways of direct comparison. Love the game, but the UI needs serious usability redesign.

Edit: Just a shout out to Justagame and Das_Mookid, thanks for the invites last night, those void and nightmare missions were fun!

Highlaw

Banned
I've played it for a couple hours and honestly, I love the gameplay, but the microtransactions model and the amount of grind seem atrocious... :(

There is a critical point at which the grind starts being fun

For me it was spending 2 meals worth of money on the game, getting a couple of kickass weapons (something fun like twin gremlins). From then on I was just enjoying the gameplay too much to care. Then you get into building/farming new warframes, mod collecting with defence/survival missions, Spamming Mag Pull, throwing Hikou's at Nova antimatter thingy... ahh fun times

But I do think It is too slow at the start and DE should adress that. It's all too common for new players to stop playing after 3 missions

Yeah I'm working on my Rhino! Chassis is being built atm along with 2 parts of frost prime and banshee chassis!

Got the hikou blueprint too but I need to farm my some plastids!

After tonight progress grinds to a halt for 2 weeks due to work though :(

I also agree that the UI could do with some updating In regards to showing weapon stats and your warframe stats. Something simple like bars with numbers which change according to current mods/weapons highlighted would be perfect.

Think like it is in BF4 where the weapon stats change depending upon attachments highlighted.

Anyone in the clan want to help me grind for ash's chassis blueprint? I've fought the boss 123481723847789433 times and only received the parts I don't need. I've pretty much given up on Frost Prime's Systems and Blueprint at this point because getting tower 2 and tower 3 exterminate keys and then using them only to get a helmet are fooking grueling.

Anyone in the clan want to help me grind for ash's chassis blueprint? I've fought the boss 123481723847789433 times and only received the parts I don't need. I've pretty much given up on Frost Prime's Systems and Blueprint at this point because getting tower 2 and tower 3 exterminate keys and then using them only to get a helmet are fooking grueling.

I'll be on tonight would be happy to help out! I also have a T2 exterminate key if you want to give that another bash.

Was reading the Wiki and came across this :

Frost Prime has the same chilling abilities as Frost but its altered mod polarities offer different possibilities for customization. It is also rumored that this Warframe has a unique reaction to certain Orokin technology

Anyone know about the bold?

I'll be on tonight would be happy to help out! I also have a T2 exterminate key if you want to give that another bash.

Was reading the Wiki and came across this :

Anyone know about the bold?

I too have 2 additional tower 2 exterminate keys, so lets do it. I'll be on after work at 6pm est or so. I've tried joining a couple of matches through the clan menu and it seems everyone is always in a full session, including you. my PSN is NovaIS35O. Anyone else (in the clan or not) willing to come with is more than welcome.

I have a level 30 Loki and Level 24 Mag. Gosh I am such a nerd.

I watched a couple of the developer talks they have on youtube and they mentioned that cross platform play is in the works. I can't imagine update 12 or 13 not having this feature, I mean the game, outside of the exclusion of nvidia physx particles, are near identical on both platforms.

ObiDin

Yeah I'm working on my Rhino! Chassis is being built atm along with 2 parts of frost prime and banshee chassis!

Got the hikou blueprint too but I need to farm my some plastids!

After tonight progress grinds to a halt for 2 weeks due to work though :(

I also agree that the UI could do with some updating In regards to showing weapon stats and your warframe stats. Something simple like bars with numbers which change according to current mods/weapons highlighted would be perfect.

Think like it is in BF4 where the weapon stats change depending upon attachments highlighted.

I'm assuming you got the Frost Prime bp's in void missions? Void missions require invites for co-op right? There's no auto-randoms that drop in? If so, invite me if you see me on or if there is a clan invite available...

frizby

Dark Sword alert mission...go go go.

Also, I have a snow day!

Anybody want to run Tower 2 exterminations with me? I have 9 keys. And if anybody has Tower 3 extermination keys, I'd love to join in. Looking for Frost Prime sytems, and that's the best place to get them.

PSN/Warframe: frizby

Top Bottom