• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

add me if you don't mind playing with somewhat of a noob. PSN: DrGonzo615

I just started crafting my first sword and I bought the Frost suit but I have no pieces for it....any help in this department would be greatly appreciated (locations of the parts, or best place to mine for them)

Helscream

Banned
I will be doing alot of void missions today using my keys. If you need credits or prime materials send me a message and if there is a spot I will send a invitation. My PSN is Helscream.

Sdoots

Any particular recommendations for shotguns?

The Hek is a monster, great range and nice damage, fire rate is low and the mag size isn't very good either.

Strun is the average gun its price suggests. Can be modded into a powerhouse with time, and the rate of fire isn't completely awful by default. You'll still want to put Shotgun Spazz on it, but it can function without it, at least.

The Boar I never used, and isn't available anymore. Not sure if this change occurs with Update 10 or 11, sorry. Opinion seemed to be it had to be modded a specific way to get any benefits, which isn't what I'd want out of a weapon. I want flexibility, at least to some degree.

The Broncos are, from what I've been told, alright if you can tank some damage. They suffer from severe video game shotgun syndrome, and have incredibly low impact unless you are all but touching the target. The dual Broncos have the same issue, with the addition of a longer reload than what was already a fairly long one, but the damage output might be worth it for you.

The Sobek is my current favorite, but it kind of sucks until you hit around level 25 with it, and that's assuming you throw a catalyst on it. The pellets don't do a lot of damage, but it puts out a ton of them, holds a lot of them in each mag (20 by default, if I recall correctly), and with a levelled Shotgun Spazz, fires with the speed of the modern day AA12 shotgun. Those weak pellets multiply fast, and with armor piercing mods and whatever damage mods you prefer, the Sobek works fools. I like to get a piercing mod in there if I can to maximize the potential of each pellet, too.

The Tigris is, from the little I've used of it, dissapointing. The complaint I saw a lot of when it came out was it only holds 2 shells, which seems like a strange complaint considering it's a double barrel shotgun, of course it's going to hold only 2 goddamn shells. The issues I have are more from it not having any of the advantages one would associate with that style of weapon. You aren't putting out a lot of damage quickly in that 2 shot burst, the reload is middle of the road, and it has the range of a Strun. I like that you can hold the fire button to keep the second shot in the chamber, and release it when you want to let that one off, rather than just fire off both every time, but with the weak damage output I was seeing, the Tigris wasn't what I was hoping for when I heard we were getting a double barreled shotgun.

It also looks pretty silly. I like Tenno designs, but the Tigris is...What happened to that gun, DE?

Sdoots

add me if you don't mind playing with somewhat of a noob. PSN: DrGonzo615

I just started crafting my first sword and I bought the Frost suit but I have no pieces for it....any help in this department would be greatly appreciated (locations of the parts, or best place to mine for them)

The boss on Ceres drops his parts. Tough fight, you'll want a crew with you. The randoms doing that level are typically doing it just for boss runs, so you might be able to get away with that, too.

Crap, I didn't mean to double post. My apologies.

I too have 2 additional tower 2 exterminate keys, so lets do it. I'll be on after work at 6pm est or so. I've tried joining a couple of matches through the clan menu and it seems everyone is always in a full session, including you. my PSN is NovaIS35O. Anyone else (in the clan or not) willing to come with is more than welcome.

I have a level 30 Loki and Level 24 Mag. Gosh I am such a nerd.

I'll send you a PSN invite.

It can definitely be tricky to get into an existing group, they fill up quickly. . . I have had the most luck just using my own keys and spam inviting everybody listed as idle in the clan list.

If you see me as in a group, there's a good chance I have given up and am in a random - send me a message via PSN and we can arrange to team up in game!

I have a few Tower II/III Exterminate Keys we can use, I'd love to get the rest of the Frost Prime parts I'm missing. Unfortunately, today I may not be on until later tonight after 8 PST, but towards the weekend I will be on more and more.

HORRORSHØW

I too have 2 additional tower 2 exterminate keys, so lets do it. I'll be on after work at 6pm est or so. I've tried joining a couple of matches through the clan menu and it seems everyone is always in a full session, including you. my PSN is NovaIS35O. Anyone else (in the clan or not) willing to come with is more than welcome.

I have a level 30 Loki and Level 24 Mag. Gosh I am such a nerd.

I watched a couple of the developer talks they have on youtube and they mentioned that cross platform play is in the works. I can't imagine update 12 or 13 not having this feature, I mean the game, outside of the exclusion of nvidia physx particles, are near identical on both platforms.
I wanna grind for Ash, but I may need help getting Uranus unlocked.
ha!
Level 30 Mag and level 18 or so Rhino. PSN: stray_dog_strut

The Hek is a monster, great range and nice damage, fire rate is low and the mag size isn't very good either.

Strun is the average gun its price suggests. Can be modded into a powerhouse with time, and the rate of fire isn't completely awful by default. You'll still want to put Shotgun Spazz on it, but it can function without it, at least.

The Boar I never used, and isn't available anymore. Not sure if this change occurs with Update 10 or 11, sorry. Opinion seemed to be it had to be modded a specific way to get any benefits, which isn't what I'd want out of a weapon. I want flexibility, at least to some degree.

The Broncos are, from what I've been told, alright if you can tank some damage. They suffer from severe video game shotgun syndrome, and have incredibly low impact unless you are all but touching the target. The dual Broncos have the same issue, with the addition of a longer reload than what was already a fairly long one, but the damage output might be worth it for you.

The Sobek is my current favorite, but it kind of sucks until you hit around level 25 with it, and that's assuming you throw a catalyst on it. The pellets don't do a lot of damage, but it puts out a ton of them, holds a lot of them in each mag (20 by default, if I recall correctly), and with a levelled Shotgun Spazz, fires with the speed of the modern day AA12 shotgun. Those weak pellets multiply fast, and with armor piercing mods and whatever damage mods you prefer, the Sobek works fools. I like to get a piercing mod in there if I can to maximize the potential of each pellet, too.

The Tigris is, from the little I've used of it, dissapointing. The complaint I saw a lot of when it came out was it only holds 2 shells, which seems like a strange complaint considering it's a double barrel shotgun, of course it's going to hold only 2 goddamn shells. The issues I have are more from it not having any of the advantages one would associate with that style of weapon. You aren't putting out a lot of damage quickly in that 2 shot burst, the reload is middle of the road, and it has the range of a Strun. I like that you can hold the fire button to keep the second shot in the chamber, and release it when you want to let that one off, rather than just fire off both every time, but with the weak damage output I was seeing, the Tigris wasn't what I was hoping for when I heard we were getting a double barreled shotgun.

It also looks pretty silly. I like Tenno designs, but the Tigris is...What happened to that gun, DE?

Wow - thanks! I was eyeing out Hek and Sobek already. Looks like I'm gonna need to farm up some Neurodes, I'm sure my good ol' buddy Vay Hek will be happy to help me out hehe.

get a Boar Prime. It's a beast. Make it either a shotgun (slower) or full auto AR (bigger clip, insane rate of fire) that shoots pellets. It has flexibility through mods because of its base clip size and rate for fire. I love it. Also it look cool as fuck

250px-Boar_Prime.png

Grimløck;93209812 said:
I wanna grind for Ash, but I may need help getting Uranus unlocked.
ha!
Level 30 Mag and level 18 or so Rhino. PSN: stray_dog_strut

I have exactly the same frames (as well as a ~10 Trinity, but meh).

I would definitely be in to trying to get to some of the later planets. I have only had much luck playing with randoms on planet missions and the pool really dries up after the first few.

Please feel free to send me an invite either via PSN or the Clan menu!

I have exactly the same frames (as well as a ~10 Trinity, but meh).

I would definitely be in to trying to get to some of the later planets. I have only had much luck playing with randoms on planet missions and the pool really dries up after the first few.

Please feel free to send me an invite either via PSN or the Clan menu!

this is why you need a group of dedicate friends or a clan. people who join games are unreliable and are completely silent on their mics. Warframe deinitely is more enjoyable with the teamwork element because each special power can be used in tandem with other frames to completely annihilate enemies.

For example your buddy can cast snow globe on top of a pod, your other friend using mag will cast crush. rinse, repeat, reward.

Sdoots

Wow - thanks! I was eyeing out Hek and Sobek already. Looks like I'm gonna need to farm up some Neurodes, I'm sure my good ol' buddy Vay Hek will be happy to help me out hehe.

No problem. If it makes a difference, the Sobek has a non-static reload animation, and can be painted a bit more thoroughly than the Hek. Minor details, but if you are big on customization, that might be worth noting.

I do like the look of the Boar Prime, but I got behind on the Prime stuff pretty fast. I got everything out of the first run (Haven't built the Reaper, since it's still garbage last I heard, but I have all the parts), but that second batch of content I was never able to consistently host reliably, so it just didn't pan out. Still really want that Braton Prime. :c

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Really hope the next update doesn't take to long. Getting a weird bug with Saryn and Dual Ethers.

Melee gets disabled randomly.

this is why you need a group of dedicate friends or a clan. people who join games are unreliable and are completely silent on their mics. Warframe deinitely is more enjoyable with the teamwork element because each special power can be used in tandem with other frames to completely annihilate enemies.

For example your buddy can cast snow globe on top of a pod, your other friend using mag will cast crush. rinse, repeat, reward.

The clan definitely helps, but not everyone is able or willing to use mics and I haven't played many matches with the same folks more than once. It beats the hell out of randoms though!

Edit: Added you on PSN, we should definitely team up and do some tower exterminate!

Grimløck;93214006 said:
How do you block in this game? I've noticed a few mods that have a % to proc while blocking.

Press up on the directional pad. it looks cool, but if you get your warframe leveled up enough you wont need to block. You'll just rip grineer, infested in half.

frizby

The clan definitely helps, but not everyone is able or willing to use mics and I haven't played many matches with the same folks more than once. It beats the hell out of randoms though!

Edit: Added you on PSN, we should definitely team up and do some tower exterminate!

I sent you both friend requests in-game and would like to join in. I'm bringing at least 9 tower 2 exterminate keys to the cause. Will probably farm a few more today.

Helscream, if you run a Tower 3 exterminate, please please send me an invite!

how or why would it?
I don't know. Reasons?

As it is I've run into some serious framerate drops playing this game. Survival and defense missions can drop into the sub 10fps territory for long periods. It basically becomes a slideshow.

I want the sparklies as much as anyone, seriously I do, but I think they need to get the core performance stabilized or else fine tune the spawning in those missions to keep framerates high and consistent.

I remember one particularly bad survival mission, in that after I was done I went back to the first extermination mission on Mercury to test out a new weapon and hot damn it felt so smooth, like it was a million fps.

Vodh

Well, dammit guys, you've convinced me. Bought some platinum, got myself a nekros and I'm gonna give it a proper go.

I'd love to play with you, my SEN ID is Vodh and I play in EU :)

Is there a primer somewhere on how to use the research labs in the clan dojo? Or how I can help contribute to the clan? The wiki entry on dojos and research wasn't too helpful.

I visited the dojo and wandered around, but using the consoles in the rooms just brought up a message saying "This is the <n> room". Couldn't figure out how to do anything useful there, aside from add more rooms. Kinda wanted to add some of the garden areas instead of the plain crossroads, but didn't have the resources. Our dojo is so sterile and super linear, took forever to run from one end to the other. I'd love to help spice it up!

Foxyone

how or why would it?

Particles flying everywhere doesn't come for free, and it could add on more framedrops to whatever there already is. It still sounds like there's more optimization that can be done. If they add a lot of effects, hopefully they're optimized, lest it becomes like the X360 port of Phantasy Star, where you cannot even use certain attacks without causing massive framedrops because of the effects.

Is there a primer somewhere on how to use the research labs in the clan dojo? Or how I can help contribute to the clan? The wiki entry on dojos and research wasn't too helpful.

I visited the dojo and wandered around, but using the consoles in the rooms just brought up a message saying "This is the <n> room". Couldn't figure out how to do anything useful there, aside from add more rooms. Kinda wanted to add some of the garden areas instead of the plain crossroads, but didn't have the resources. Our dojo is so sterile and super linear, took forever to run from one end to the other. I'd love to help spice it up!

Clan research is accessible in the Oracle Room - there's a console in the middle, quite prominent. Then it's just a matter of pouring in resources. . . I've contributed a little, but I should probably head back and tip in some more - as the clan capacity is increased, the amounts needed for research scales accordingly, so we all have to pull our weight!

Ugh, i hate to be that guy and ask silly networking questions but has anyone found it nearly impossible to get their ps4 into nat type 2? im at wits end here. its really effecting my experience with this game. my router firmware is up to date, did all the correct port forwarding for the ps4 & warframe and that didn't work i simple put my ps4 ip into my routers DMZ, but that still didn't work?

perhaps i should contact my ISP, could it be something odd on their end? i had no problem getting my older consoles into type 2.

anyone else had this issue and found a work around?

i just want to play warframe smoothly *tear

Particles flying everywhere doesn't come for free, and it could add on more framedrops to whatever there already is. It still sounds like there's more optimization that can be done. If they add a lot of effects, hopefully they're optimized, lest it becomes like the X360 port of Phantasy Star, where you cannot even use certain attacks without causing massive framedrops because of the effects.

The PS4 is not rendering what PC players are rendering, so thats not going to happen. They've built the game to meet PS4 standards so therefore you will only see what PS4 can render. Just because you're playing with PC players doesn't mean you're going to get the added Nvidia Physx particles, which as of right now is the only difference I can see between my Warframe on my $3,000 dollar PC and PS4. Obviously I'm not taking into consideration the resolution bumps beyond 1080p.

Pop

Dark Sword alert mission...go go go.

Also, I have a snow day!

Anybody want to run Tower 2 exterminations with me? I have 9 keys. And if anybody has Tower 3 extermination keys, I'd love to join in. Looking for Frost Prime sytems, and that's the best place to get them.

PSN/Warframe: frizby

Got it!

I only played a little bit of this game.

IS it only cooperative? Is there no competitive multiplayer?

There is and they're called Conclave missions. Right outside the normal map routine in red letters.

The PS4 is not rendering what PC players are rendering, so thats not going to happen. They've built the game to meet PS4 standards so therefore you will only see what PS4 can render. Just because you're playing with PC players doesn't mean you're going to get the added Nvidia Physx particles, which as of right now is the only difference I can see between my Warframe on my $3,000 dollar PC and PS4. Obviously I'm not taking into consideration the resolution bumps beyond 1080p.
They showed the particles at e3, which put the burning hunger into me for em. They look amazing so the actual release version feels like a serious downgrade.

But like I mentioned before there are still serious performance issues to work out still with this game. Its just throwing way too much at the screen at times on the PS4. Can't speak to PC.

Clan research is accessible in the Oracle Room - there's a console in the middle, quite prominent. Then it's just a matter of pouring in resources. . . I've contributed a little, but I should probably head back and tip in some more - as the clan capacity is increased, the amounts needed for research scales accordingly, so we all have to pull our weight!

Hm, must have been the only console I missed. I'll have another look, thanks!

Edit: Couldn't do anything in the Oracle proper, but found the activation point in the three individual labs, at the front of the giant platform in the middle of the rooms. I was looking for something like a proper console or terminal looking interface, like the consoles near the door. Didn't realize that whole thing in the middle was interactive.

They showed the particles at e3, which put the burning hunger into me for em. They look amazing so the actual release version feels like a serious downgrade.

But like I mentioned before there are still serious performance issues to work out still with this game. Its just throwing way too much at the screen at times on the PS4. Can't speak to PC.

The good thing about this game is that it will be consistently updated, which means it will improve over time. IAnd yes I too remember the particles that were shown at e3, which I imagine were cut to get it to 60fps. Keep in mind that they got this game up and running in under a year, so I do see room for improvement and optimizations.

It should also be noted that Warframe did not look and play this well when it was first released on PC. But DE continued to improve the game with each update.

The good thing about this game is that it will be consistently updated, which means it will improve over time.
I do get that sense, which is a good thing :)

But all the same we're still waiting for update 11, something the PC has had for a little while now. Any indications when we'll see it on the PS4?

Still trying to get a sense on how well the PS4 will be supported and what kind of delay we can expect between PC updates and PS4 ones.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Its cool. I have alot of damn keys. I need to start taking people on void runs. Help people get some credits and Prime materials.
YES PLZ! I need Tower 3 Ext runs for my Frost Prime Systems, last damn part I need ~_~

I'll happily go with the Clan for others too.

I do get that sense, which is a good thing :)

But all the same we're still waiting for update 11, something the PC has had for a little while now. Any indications when we'll see it on the PS4?

Still trying to get a sense on how well the PS4 will be supported and what kind of delay we can expect between PC updates and PS4 ones.

the only drawback about console games is that it much like full games, patches and updates must certified/QA'd, which can take some time. But yes, update 11 on PC has been out since November 22nd.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Gah, waiting for so many things to finish getting built!
I have both Rhino and Volt in production as well as the Boltor, the Seer, and the Prova (Sp? The energy melee weapon from Clan Research). Considering I've now hit Lvl 30 on all my current gear, this stuff can't be made fast enough!

ObiDin

I don't know. Reasons?

As it is I've run into some serious framerate drops playing this game. Survival and defense missions can drop into the sub 10fps territory for long periods. It basically becomes a slideshow.

I want the sparklies as much as anyone, seriously I do, but I think they need to get the core performance stabilized or else fine tune the spawning in those missions to keep framerates high and consistent.

I remember one particularly bad survival mission, in that after I was done I went back to the first extermination mission on Mercury to test out a new weapon and hot damn it felt so smooth, like it was a million fps.

Yeah, do a defense mission with a Nekros, Frost, Mag, etc. It doesn't just effect the fps, it seems to add to the lag from the host as well. I would also love to have the effects amped but not at the cost of the framerate.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yeah, do a defense mission with a Nekros, Frost, Mag, etc. It doesn't just effect the fps, it seems to add to the lag from the host as well. I would also love to have the effects amped but not at the cost of the framerate.
Apparently one of the fixes with Update 11 is a framerate fix for Survival and Defense missions, that has something to do with the number of uncollected ammo/item drops in a map. I'm just hoping that it actually fixes the issue... ~_~

Apparently one of the fixes with Update 11 is a framerate fix for Survival and Defense missions, that has something to do with the number of uncollected ammo/item drops in a map. I'm just hoping that it actually fixes the issue... ~_~
I could believe it. When I get those slideshows there's so much happening at a time its honestly hard to fathom otherwise.

The floor is literally carpeted at every inch with drops and mods, and enemies are EVERYWHERE, blipping from one position to the next since the game just can't keep up. Other players are pulling off specials and blipping to and fro with their own staggered and stuttering lightshows. 2-frame death animations, staccato cacophony of death sounds and explosions and guns going off in the hazy noise of bedlam.

Its a miracle we even manage to survive them.

What's your psn snake? I'm holding just for you!!!

ObiDin

I could believe it. When I get those slideshows there's so much happening at a time its honestly hard to fathom otherwise.

The floor is literally carpeted at every inch with drops and mods, and enemies are EVERYWHERE, blipping from one position to the next since the game just can't keep up. Other players are pulling off specials and blipping to and fro with their own staggered and stuttering lightshows. 2-frame death animations, staccato cacophony of death sounds and explosions and guns going off in the hazy noise of bedlam.

And it's still awesome!

Oh, and cacophony is a word that needs to be used more in day to day conversation.

SnakeEyes

Banned
What's your psn snake? I'm holding just for you!!!
My PSN is Kurt-Niisan, but I'm at work at the moment and won't be online til about 7pm NZ Time. So in about... 7hrs 40mins :)

Even if they cleared dropped ammo after, say, 3 or 4 mins and kept item drops. You don't usually see framerate drop until after about 10mins.

Top Bottom