• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I'm still anxiously awaiting the PC & PS4 versions to get in sync so I can transfer my stuff over. on PC i'm a total Vauban devotee and i'd rather not have to re-build him.

Definitely interested in joining the PS4 clan if/when there's space (AbundantChoice), but i'm not going to be a significant contributor in the short term until the sync, so there's no rush or anything.

I *did* have a hilarious game a few nights ago when I first started playing on PS4; someone apparently didn't get the message that this was a CO-OP game, as he spent the entire match trying to "kill" the three of us that were playing the mission. I can only imagine his continued confusion and frustration as to why he never managed to kill any of us, and why we continually ignored him. What's funny is this was 3 or 4 missions in, so it suggests that he's just being naturally carried along through the campaign, utterly oblivious that he's not actually playing the game at all.

Got a chance to use my Hikou? today....wow I love them!

Unmodded they do a sweet amount of damage with a fast fire rate!

Thinking of levelling them up while maxing out reload and fire rate just to see how fast they can really go!

Ashtar

Do we have a GAF clan? I've been rolling solo with random scrubs but we can't beat the survival stage
I'd really love to party up with some of y'all but I'm low lelel (8 :()
PSN: Maalik-Ashtaar

While farming for Frost Prime, I got all the parts for Dakra Prime. It sounds like a pretty nice sword, but get this...recipe calls for 15 Oriken Cells. Fifteen.

I'm off again today for weather, so hopefully a few of you accepted my friend requests.

I'd like to burn some more Void Keys today and tonight. I have at least 25-30.

Spread the wealth! If you see me online, please invite me - I'm up for any type of void.

Have Frost Prime in the oven. . . will be ready in time for the weekend :)

george_us

Level 13 Ember here on PS4.

Despite this game being fairly janky, I'm currently addicted to it. Love the art style and the music plus fusing your mods is addicting.

Not bad for it being F2P. Not bad at all.

Sykotik

Anyone any recommendation to farm some polymer?
I usually read the comments section on the Wiki page to find out where to go. The comments seem reliable most of the time.

Apollodorus on Mercury is one of the suggestions, the other being Miranda on Uranus.

Apolloduras is a low-level Grineer survival mission, and I can confirm it also drops Ferrite at a good rate.

Back to work for 2 weeks.....gonna have my warframe withdrawals I think :(

Managed to get the flow mod today before leaving, it is sooooo sweet having 250 energy and slash dashing everything in sight! The extra energy really makes things much more enjoyable!

Had some awesome games with many of you Gaffers!

Just tried this game out yesterday for the first time and got to say I really enjoyed it!

Extremely confusing at first though. The intro was simple enough for really basic things, but didn't really get where the story scenes were going at the beginning, and seemed to abruptly cut off before I was looking at the solar system.

Didn't really understand the online concept on the first level, but it started making more sense as we progressed. Got maybe about 4 missions in and got through the first assassination mission (which was hard as hell!). Was really stingy about my revives as well because I thought we only got 4 period, not 4 revives every 24 hours. Wish that was explained otherwise I would've helped my team out more on that mission.

Anyway, ID is: greatestjediever. Still really early though, so not sure if anybody is that new to the game to want to play. I don't get that much time to play either so it would only be in bursts.

Have no idea how the upgrade/RPG-like elements come in yet. I'm picking up random things during the game, but the only things that are useful to me are life and ammo. No idea what affinity and other crap does. Wish that part was explained a bit more but I'll probably have to read up on the wiki.

HORRORSHØW

While farming for Frost Prime, I got all the parts for Dakra Prime. It sounds like a pretty nice sword, but get this...recipe calls for 15 Oriken Cells. Fifteen.

I'm off again today for weather, so hopefully a few of you accepted my friend requests.

I'd like to burn some more Void Keys today and tonight. I have at least 25-30.

How strong do you have to generally be to tackle those missions? I have a level 30 Mag, a level 23 Rhino, and a level 2 Volt. I'm Mastery Rank 4 if that matters.

Got a chance to use my Hikou? today....wow I love them!

Unmodded they do a sweet amount of damage with a fast fire rate!

Thinking of levelling them up while maxing out reload and fire rate just to see how fast they can really go!
How do they compare to the kunai? I was debating between the two and chose the kunai for a little more oomph with each shot.

Pop

I didn't know DE made Dark Sector and apparently Warframe is either the sequel or DE draws huge inspiration from their older game. I went back and watched some gameplay on Dark Sector and man does it look identical. Even the main characters last name is Tenno. Maybe DE wanted Dark Sector to be Warframe, idk just thought it was pretty neat.

Sdoots

Just tried this game out yesterday for the first time and got to say I really enjoyed it!

Extremely confusing at first though. The intro was simple enough for really basic things, but didn't really get where the story scenes were going at the beginning, and seemed to abruptly cut off before I was looking at the solar system.

Didn't really understand the online concept on the first level, but it started making more sense as we progressed. Got maybe about 4 missions in and got through the first assassination mission (which was hard as hell!). Was really stingy about my revives as well because I thought we only got 4 period, not 4 revives every 24 hours. Wish that was explained otherwise I would've helped my team out more on that mission.

Anyway, ID is: greatestjediever. Still really early though, so not sure if anybody is that new to the game to want to play. I don't get that much time to play either so it would only be in bursts.

Have no idea how the upgrade/RPG-like elements come in yet. I'm picking up random things during the game, but the only things that are useful to me are life and ammo. No idea what affinity and other crap does. Wish that part was explained a bit more but I'll probably have to read up on the wiki.

Friend request me, I'll explain it to you and you can ask questions. It's really confusing at first.

PSN: The_Octodad

Grimløck;93355297 said:
How do they compare to the kunai? I was debating between the two and chose the kunai for a little more oomph with each shot.

I've never used the kunai so I can't give a proper comparison.

However here is a comparison chart :

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Thrown_Table_2?action=render

They haves slightly more than double the RoF with double mag capacity for slightly less than half damage.

I guess it depends on how the work with update 11 damage 2.0 changes and also the style of play you prefer.

Personally I choose them and fang so that I could play my warframe the same way as I used to play my rogue/DW frost DK in WoW!

I enjoy a fast hitting play-style over powerful charge attacks :)

I didn't know DE made Dark Sector and apparently Warframe is either the sequel or DE draws huge inspiration from their older game. I went back and watched some gameplay on Dark Sector and man does it look identical. Even the main characters last name is Tenno. Maybe DE wanted Dark Sector to be Warframe, idk just thought it was pretty neat.

Yeah I was reading up in that last night on the wiki funnily enough! The guy from there apparently is the first "Tenno" and the warframes we play as were all infected with the virus/plague thing but they got powers from it like the first Tenno did whereas others died!

The stalker lore is pretty interesting too, check them out!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Two things:

1) Goddamn, the zoom on the Seer takes some getting used to!
2) I can totally see why people love the Boltor, it's fantastic!

I also had a go with my Prova last night and it's a pretty beefy melee weapon, even with the slightly longer charge time from the basic swords. Now, when I get home today I can finally give my Nova a blast, even though I don't have any of his ability mods...

BPoole

Original Dark Sector concept video

Apparently, Warframe is the game DE wanted to make from the get-go, but pressure from publishers forced them to to make a less ambitious game that was "safer", and with that, we got the Dark Sector that we know today. DE had an internal meeting years later to decide which game to make next, and they opted to go back and make the Dark Sector that they originally wanted to make.

Some of the Grineer dialogue that is in Warframe can be heard in the video, Tenno uses the the Aklato, the Lotus emblem is on his arm, variations of powers that are featured in Warframe are shown, the Jackal boss is in there, the same extraction pods, and Tenno is wearing an early prototype of the Excalibur frame.

Sykotik

I also had a go with my Prova last night and it's a pretty beefy melee weapon, even with the slightly longer charge time from the basic swords. Now, when I get home today I can finally give my Nova a blast, even though I don't have any of his ability mods...

They give you the ability mods when you craft/buy Warframes.

Molecular Prime. Use it. Love it. Feel bad. Feel good.

Figure out what your weapons excel in, and exploit that with mods. Prova has a relatively fast charge time, as well as decent charge damage, so you can equip melee mods that increase charge speed/damage to capitalize on it.

Regular melee damage mods (Pressure Point) do not increase charge damage. Elemental/Armor Pen do, though.

Fury increases the speed you can attack, but it doesn't effect charge speed. It does, however, effect the actual animation speed of the charge attack swing, so it does benefit charge attacks, somewhat.

bobot

Neo Member
Had a ball on this last night with an old friend who I haven't caught up with in a long time. (Cheers linc)

Completely oblivious to how the duck anything works but I'll spend some of the day reading up on the wiki. Any tips or such are welcome.

I truly did feel like a ninja last night. :D

I'm literally in no position to pay for anything in this game so I pray I can grind my way through over the coming years.

Also any tips from pros are welcome and I'd like to thank metroid23 for guiding me through my first play through and explaining some of the basics to me.

Psn Id: Ibobot

atpbx

Parts of my Rhino are already being built. I also have all the Trinity blueprints, worth building?

I play as Trinity most if the time, if you play as part of a team it's a very useful suit.

With randoms it comes into it's own on boss fights cause you kind of sit it out waiting to use blessing as they go charging in getting their ass kicked.

metalshade

Livestream #19: Dev Q&A, 2013 in review, and what’s next for Warframe!

Who? Sheldon, Scott, Steve, and Geoff join Rebecca on the couch for a Developer Q&A.
What: We will be doing a Q&A session, discussing 2013 in review plus, what’s next for Warframe! We will also be giving out three 1000 Platinum Prizes!
Where? Tune in live at http://twitch.tv/warframe
When? Friday, December 13th at 2 PM EST! Find your Timezone here: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

oktarb

Parts of my Rhino are already being built. I also have all the Trinity blueprints, worth building?

Love my Rhino. Ran into a crowd of like 30 grineer on a platform. Yelled "I'm jumping in the middle of these guys!" to my friends. Iron Skin on, jumped in and rhino stomped. All dead. I believe I could hear my friends jaw drop over the mic.

I want the Trinity to be good but since there are no health bar indicators for your team mates, unless they yell I need health I never know when to pop it. Plus one health is single target and everything dies so fast I never find it useful. That's just me though, I'm probably missing several points on this frame.

Love my Rhino. Ran into a crowd of like 30 grineer on a platform. Yelled "I'm jumping in the middle of these guys!" to my friends. Iron Skin on, jumped in and rhino stomped. All dead. I believe I could hear my friends jaw drop over the mic.
I can attest to this, as it was my jaw that did the dropping.

Never had I seen so many Grineer troops all gathered up in one place just waiting for our appearance on the scene. We got a nice Batman-gargoyle-like vantage point from a vent tunnel above and were watching the scene unfold several stories below.

So we saw them gathering up en masse and shifting to various cover positions, heavy gunners moving up the middle.

"Holy shit that's a lot of guys down there"
"I don't think I've ever seen that many"
"So how do you want to handle this? Maybe we should- tr--"
"I'm going to jump right into the middle of em"
"Waitafuckingsecond what?--"

It was too late. I thought for sure Oktarb was going to pull off some nifty looking special move only to then fall before the dozens of survivors who would then wither him down to nothing in a hail of gunfire and flames...

But nope.

What I did see was a shitton of numbers popping up from the boiled and battered husks of what was once a Grineer army, moments before their spirits and matter departed in wispy particles and smoke.

So yeah, that Rhino's pretty good is what I'm saying.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm using the Pull function with my Warframe to take out waves at a time. I may or may not be shouting GET OVER HERE while doing so.

molnizzle

I can attest to this, as it was my jaw that did the dropping.

Never had I seen so many Grineer troops all gathered up in one place just waiting for our appearance on the scene. We got a nice Batman-gargoyle-like vantage point from a vent tunnel above and were watching the scene unfold several stories below.

So we saw them gathering up en masse and shifting to various cover positions, heavy gunners moving up the middle.

"Holy shit that's a lot of guys down there"
"I don't think I've ever seen that many"
"So how do you want to handle this? Maybe we should- tr--"
"I'm going to jump right into the middle of em"
"Waitafuckingsecond what?--"

It was too late. I thought for sure Oktarb was going to pull off some nifty looking special move only to then fall before the dozens of survivors who would then wither him down to nothing in a hail of gunfire and flames...

But nope.

What I did see was a shitton of numbers popping up from the boiled and battered husks of what was once a Grineer army, moments before their spirits and matter departed in wispy particles and smoke.

So yeah, that Rhino's pretty good is what I'm saying.

Play with a Nova next. Your jaw will literally break from dropping so hard.

SnakeEyes

Banned
They give you the ability mods when you craft/buy Warframes.

Molecular Prime. Use it. Love it. Feel bad. Feel good.

Figure out what your weapons excel in, and exploit that with mods. Prova has a relatively fast charge time, as well as decent charge damage, so you can equip melee mods that increase charge speed/damage to capitalize on it.

Regular melee damage mods (Pressure Point) do not increase charge damage. Elemental/Armor Pen do, though.

Fury increases the speed you can attack, but it doesn't effect charge speed. It does, however, effect the actual animation speed of the charge attack swing, so it does benefit charge attacks, somewhat.
I've got my Prova with the Rare Armour Penetrating mod (at 45%) and Fury at the moment, so thanks for the advice.

Also, has anyone seen this yet? It went up on the WarFrame FaceBook page about 20mins ago - Update 11 for PS4 incoming?

1506776_617832901609565_1964482742_n.jpg

Need to try this with a Mag + Excalibur

A Mag which activates Bullet Attractor on an enemy can provide an extremely potent combo with this ability if Excalibur then activates this skill while standing next to the target. All javelins will be immediately attracted into the enemy, dealing massive damage (up to 87,800 armor-ignoring damage with mods).

Xater

I'm using the Pull function with my Warframe to take out waves at a time. I may or may not be shouting GET OVER HERE while doing so.

Seems appropriate.

Is there any indication on the FB page when Update 11 will hit?

Edit: haha just as I typed this out the answer appeared. Cool, looking forward to it.

Grimløck;93392980 said:
oh shit. saving mats for valkyr.

can someone give a simple explanation as to how dmg is going to work with the update?

Have a read of this : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

From what I understand (I may be wrong)

High Puncture damage weapons are best against armoured enemies, ie Grineer.

High impact damage weapons are best against robots? Ie corpus

High slash damage weapons are best against low armour enemies, ie infested

I don't think that there is a 100% pure weapon, all weapons will still do damage to all enemies, just some will be better against certain types than others.

Think Pokemon :

water type - good against rock, weak against electricity.

Electric type - good against water, weak against rock.

Etc.

(Haven't played pokemon since red, blue and yellow were out, at least that's how it worked back then :p)

In warframes case it would be :

Basic dmg:

Impact does +50% vs Robotic and Shield and -50% vs Infested.

Puncture does +50% vs Armor and Robotic and -50% vs Infested.

Slash does +50% vs Flesh and Infested and -50% vs Robotic.

Primary elements:

Heat does +75% vs Flesh and +50% vs Infested.

Cold does -50% vs Armor and +50% vs Shield.

Electricity does -25% vs Infested and +50% vs Robotic.

Toxin does +50% vs Flesh and -50% vs Robotic.

Combined elements:

Blast (Heat + Cold) does +25% vs Armor and Flesh.

Radiation (Heat + Electricity)does +10% vs Flesh and +50% vs Robotic.

Gas (Heat + Toxin) does +25% vs Armor and Flesh and -50% vs Robotic.

Magnetic (Electricity + Cold) does +75% vs Shield and +50% vs Robotic.

Viral (Cold + Toxin) does +100% vs Flesh and -50% vs Robotic.

Corrosive (Toxin + Electricity) does +75% vs Armor and +50% vs Robotic.

Here is the official spreadsheet from DE for damage 2.0 : http://i.imgur.com/20zacEP.png?1

Hope this helps! :D

I'd like to get the parts for my Nova, but ... that means I'm going to have to fight Raptor a few more times. Anyone up for the horrible challenge?

Linconan

Played for hours last night with a good mate.
Had an absolute blast.
Good fun and very surprised with this.
I honestly wasn't going to give this game the time of the day atm because of other games but i can see me spending alot of time in this title.

Xater

Damn the new damage system makes stuff way more complicated.

Loss of half the damage dealt is pretty significant if you use the wrong stuff.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I really hope this update crushes a ton of bugs. Wouldn't mind getting a graphical upgrade as well.

Top Bottom