• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Billen

Banned
I had a session the other evening, where no one could find their way out after having killed the boss. Interestingly enough, people actually tried finding their way but everyone left after a very, very long time.

Zee-Row

Banned
Yes. Is a lot funnier with other people. Think of it as a loot game. Getting mods and looking for blueprints is where the fun is at. Especially when you do keys. The objectives repeat a lot. But knowing you got that blueprint to tackle Keys is where the satisfaction is for me and my friends.

Blueprints are rare drops or something?

Shouldn't be an issue, we tend to kick the inactives and those who haven't accepted their invites whenever there's a new person who wants in.

Okay. Didn't know, my bad....

Blueprints are rare drops or something?
No, but to get to those areas to get certain ones is going to require a lot of grinding to get to those planets. But if someone in your friends list already been in that planet and you haven't, he can invite you to that session to get the drop.

Mognet

finally, i should be able to import my pc char after u11 right? when i launched the game shortly after i got my ps4 it automatically created an account for me so i hope i'll still be able to import my old account.

S1kkZ

is there something wrong with the earth missions lith (protect/defend a reactor) and lua (mobile defense)? i am level 17 (excalibur, still early) and the menu shows that the 2 missions are for level 13-15 characters. but in the lith missions it throws dozens of level 20-25 grineers at me. even with 3 other players at level 20 and above, there is just no fucking chance to protect the reactor, it goes down within 30 seconds.

Carcetti

I thought that about Lith too until I made some strategic changes to my frame and arsenal. I chose Mag so I just started doing reallyl agressive runs against the piles with Crush, counting on others to get my up afterwards.

is there something wrong with the earth missions lith (protect/defend a reactor) and lua (mobile defense)? i am level 17 (excalibur, still early) and the menu shows that the 2 missions are for level 13-15 characters. but in the lith missions it throws dozens of level 20-25 grineers at me. even with 3 other players at level 20 and above, there is just no fucking chance to protect the reactor, it goes down within 30 seconds.

The mission level indicates the level of the enemies and is not directly comparable with the warframe levels. And yes, some of the defense/survival missions are way off on the difficulty curve for new players. Especially Lith. Aggressive spawn nuking helped in my case (with a full party).

Update 11.3 buffs my beloved Boltor, and also Grakata which I'm crafting for giggles because I got the blueprint as a login reward. Hopefully that's either included in the PS4 update or can be updated on a quicker schedule.

Not when your GPU is practically the same as the one in the PS4.

They ported the game from pc in under 10 months and as you can see there is much room for improvement from a functionality standpoint... As well as optimizations. I would expect future updates to improve the overall game, much like it did on pc.

Carcetti

Seems I've also dropped Stalker without knowing as Dread blueprint appeared in my foundry. I was thinking about making Paris, but should I craft Dread instead?

Xater

They ported the game from pc in under 10 months and as you can see there is much room for improvement from a functionality standpoint... As well as optimizations. I would expect future updates to improve the overall game, much like it did on pc.

Reading the forums they even isolated a thing that is apparently causing some of those significant frame drops even when basically nothing is going on. I would assume optimization to improve over time.

desverger

Seems I've also dropped Stalker without knowing as Dread blueprint appeared in my foundry. I was thinking about making Paris, but should I craft Dread instead?

Paris is mainly puncture damage (vs. Grineer) and Dread is mainly slash damage (vs. Infested and unshielded Corpus). So in that sense Dread might be more useful, but it wouldn't hurt to have both :p

Codiox

Just donated 5k in the dojo,will keep them coming!

Is it possible that we can add my friend to our clan? he is a new gaffer,but just need the activation for his account so he cant post yet. Would be cool!

frizby

Grimløck;93355297 said:
How strong do you have to generally be to tackle those missions? I have a level 30 Mag, a level 23 Rhino, and a level 2 Volt. I'm Mastery Rank 4 if that matters.

For exterminate, you could solo Tower 1 and probably Tower 2, but better to bring another person in. For Tower 3, I'd say you need at least 3 people.

For survival, the numbers are about the same, but if you plan to milk it for 15-20 minutes, you need 4 people and somebody with a strong AOE atttack. It's always good to have a Frost on your side to set up points to defend, and Rhinos/Lokis are nice for rambo revives. We had a team of Rhino, Frost Prime, Loki and Nova on a Tower 2 survival yesterday and went 20 minutes. Nova is fragile but does some epic damage.

For defense, I'd say you need 3-4 regardless, just because they hit all at once and from all sides.

Sdoots

I get the arguement for Paris (Puncture VS Slash), but if you're going to have a bow, make it the Dread. You can always throw some penetration mods on it, whereas with slash, the same can't be said.

Sdoots

Anyways, isn't U11 supposed to drop today? Any news?

Patience, young Tenno.

So I'm thinking I'm gonna roll with you guys on PS4 since I have a feeling my current clan isn't splitting into two groups. Which is fine, that gives me an excuse to take my account in two different directions which could be cool.

Whenever you get a chance, throw me some friend requests and a clan invite at Sdewts.

Xater

I also need some dudes to roll with on a regular basis. Please PM me if you are also from the EU or want to play at weird times if you are from NA. :p

Patience, young Tenno.

Technically there should not be such a thing as a young Tenno right? :p

Sdoots

I also need some dudes to roll with on a regular basis. Please PM me if you are also from the EU or want to play at weird times if you are from NA. :p

Technically there should not be such a thing as a young Tenno right? :p

Technically, yes.

Informally? I've been playing since back in closed beta, when the weapons had skill trees. Anyone coming in with the PS4 launch is a young Tenno to me, boy.

Feel like i'm finally getting a fairly good grasp on the game and really enjoying it, looking forward to playing with the gaffers.

Also donated some credits in the dojo, if there is anything i should be focusing my donations towards, just let me know!

May drop a bit of cash on some platinum if anything from today's update looks super snazzy.

I'M SO F'KIN PISSED! Just had the power cut off mid game while possibly opening the most red storage containers ever..assholes are required to put out flyers days in advanced to warn us of an outage. Hope this PS4 is ok.....

Speaking of donations...

Anyone want to run a couple of Derelict missions to collect mutagen today/tonight? Maybe each of us carry a Dragon key?

I'M SO F'KIN PISSED! Just had the power cut off mid game while possibly opening the most red storage containers ever..assholes are required to put out flyers days in advanced to warn us of an outage. Hope this PS4 is ok.....

Speaking of donations...

Anyone want to run a couple of Derelict missions to collect mutagen today/tonight? Maybe each of us carry a Dragon key?

I've never run a derelict mission, and don't yet have any dragon keys, but I'm game. Also game for any void missions or anything else. Always up to join some clan mates if anyone sees me on. PSN is Teasing_Pink, same as here.

Finally at a place where I can donate to the clan a bit. Plan on doing it today.

Thanks for all of you who have been helping. Finally building my Nova.

I've never run a derelict mission, and don't yet have any dragon keys, but I'm game. Also game for any void missions or anything else. Always up to join some clan mates if anyone sees me on. PSN is Teasing_Pink, same as here.

Awesome. Assuming these monkeys get my electricity back on @12 like they said, I'll be ready to jump in. You can buy Dragon key blueprints in the market..I think under "gear." You'll need a tower key to build it. I've got about 15-20 keys so we can go nuts :)

Awesome. Assuming these monkeys get my electricity back on @12 like they said, I'll be ready to jump in. You can buy Dragon key blueprints in the market..I think under "gear." You'll need a tower key to build it. I've got about 15-20 keys so we can go nuts :)

12 PST? If not, what timezone? I'll be sure to hop on then. I'll check out the dragon key blueprints in the meantime.

Edit: Bought the dragon key blueprints, but I can only make one key; I haven't found many void keys. Making the Bleeding dragon key for now...and can wait 60 seconds, or rush it for 1 platinum. I think I'll wait this one out, but thanks for the option Digital Extremes!

12 PST? If not, what timezone? I'll be sure to hop on then. I'll check out the dragon key blueprints in the meantime.

Edit: Bought the dragon key blueprints, but I can only make one key; I haven't found many void keys. Making the Bleeding dragon key for now...and can wait 60 seconds, or rush it for 1 platinum. I think I'll wait this one out, but thanks for the option Digital Extremes!
I'm sorry.12 p.m. EST. If I'm correct, the idea is for each player to bring 1 of 4 keys so we can unlock the vault in the derelict ship, in which the lock is randomized. Figure if we're going to be farming for resources to contribute, might as well bring some keys along with us. Hopefully we can get a squad of 4.

Edit: Aaaaaand we're back. I'm jumping back on now.

So, I've done well finally figuring out the Warframes and such, but I'm still struggling with getting weapons. It's partly a problem of money, how do you guys farm so much cash? It takes me FOREVER to just get 10k or so. Any advice on how to do this faster?

I have a level 30 excalibur, but still have my shitty default weapons (except the cronus sword). All I need is a control module and I can build my Nova, which seems like a much more respectable Warframe for high level stuff. I'd love any of your input on weapons I should start building.

So, I've done well finally figuring out the Warframes and such, but I'm still struggling with getting weapons. It's partly a problem of money, how do you guys farm so much cash? It takes me FOREVER to just get 10k or so. Any advice on how to do this faster?

I have a level 30 excalibur, but still have my shitty default weapons (except the cronus sword). All I need is a control module and I can build my Nova, which seems like a much more respectable Warframe for high level stuff. I'd love any of your input on weapons I should start building.

Just doing missions and saving up is how I've gotten the money I need. Doing all the alerts you can helps too, since you get an extra cash bonus. Suppose once the patch hits and you can finally sell items you have multiples of, boss runs to sell excess warframe blueprints might help too.

S1kkZ

just downloaded a new patch (90 mb) and installed it, too bad the game wont start (stuck in the "looking for update" screen). in other words: update 11 is available (germany here).

Xater

I just do missions. Alerts usually also give a nice bonus.

Just doing missions and saving up is how I've gotten the money I need. Doing all the alerts you can helps too, since you get an extra cash bonus. Suppose once the patch hits and you can finally sell items you have multiples of, boss runs to sell excess warframe blueprints might help too.

Awesome. I've been doing that, but trying to juggle Warframe builds, weapon builds, and such are hard to prioritize as a noob. Finally starting to settle down.

Anyone know the easier way to get a control module? I really don't want to keep fighting Raptor in hopes that he drops one.

Sdoots

Awesome. I've been doing that, but trying to juggle Warframe builds, weapon builds, and such are hard to prioritize as a noob. Finally starting to settle down.

Anyone know the easier way to get a control module? I really don't want to keep fighting Raptor in hopes that he drops one.

Travel back in time to when he was bugged and dropping them in bundles of 6 or 8.

Raptor sucks, but he's the most reliable source you have. Just try and get the group to focus on dropping the same leg, then hitting his core, and repeat.

Edit because holy crap I'm silly. You should be fighting Hyena. Got them confused. Raptor flies, Hyena has the four legs, like Jackal. Beat up Hyena a lot. Hyena is a real jerk and you should go beat him up.

Travel back in time to when he was bugged and dropping them in bundles of 6 or 8.

Raptor sucks, but he's the most reliable source you have. Just try and get the group to focus on dropping the same leg, then hitting his core, and repeat.

Are we thinking of different bosses? Maybe that's my problem. Raptor is the flying drone of doom.

Some dude had a Frost and snow globe made the fight easy. We just stood out in the open and shot it.

Sdoots

Are we thinking of different bosses? Maybe that's my problem. Raptor is the flying drone of doom.

We very much are. I edited my post. Raptor isn't where you want to be for farming modules. Hyena is the place to be. He's a bit different than Jackal despite looking exactly like him, but if you are fighting Raptor you can handle Hyena just fine.

Once you guys get to the point that you've got void keys spilling out of your pockets, I suggest going on some resource runs in there. As long as you are willing to explore every nook and cranny and can make it past the parkour rooms, you can get out with tons of good stuff.

We very much are. I edited my post. Raptor isn't where you want to be for farming modules. Hyena is the place to be. He's a bit different than Jackal despite looking exactly like him, but if you are fighting Raptor you can handle Hyena just fine.

Awesome, I'll try him tonight. I fought Hyena once. I actually felt like my Excaliber worked well against him. Just slash dashed his legs repeatedly.

Top Bottom