• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

SJRB

Gold Member
Am I understanding this correctly: I can't even access the GAF clan until I have Clan Key? In order to use the Clan key I need to craft it, and in order to craft it I need an item. But where the FUCK do I find that item?

I'm usually pretty okay with minimal handholding and stuff, but this game might be pushing it a bit too hard. The super abstract art design doesn't help either, I have no idea what any of the drops actually are. I just run over everything.

Am I understanding this correctly: I can't even access the GAF clan until I have Clan Key? In order to use the Clan key I need to craft it, and in order to craft it I need an item. But where the FUCK do I find that item?

I'm usually pretty okay with minimal handholding and stuff, but this game might be pushing it a bit too hard. The super abstract art design doesn't help either, I have no idea what any of the drops actually are. I just run over everything.

Little rectangular colored boxes are ammo, color coded to rifle, pistol, sniper, and shotgun, discs laying flat on the ground are crafting resources, discs standing on edge are mods, blue spheres are power, red spheres health, white spheres are affinity (exp), small flat rectangles are credits.

Can't remember what resources you need for the key, but the solar system map shows you which resources can be found in each planet system. Do missions in the appropriate one and you'll eventually get what you need.

Do you mean the Clan Key itself? You buy the blueprint off the marketplace for in-game credits.

Then look at your solar system map and as you select each planet or moon you'll see the resources you can acquire in missions there from containers and drops.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Grimløck;93526167 said:
got back to back Gorgon blueprints as my daily login reward. -_-
At least you're now able to sell items you have more than one of :)

Man I just went to the map and freaked the fuck out when the transmission came out of the gamepad. Don#t get startled like me guys!
Everyone's been like that - it's all I was hearing when I was doing Void runs this morning :)

Star Chart navigation still broken. -_-
Yup, and frame rate is still fucked too. Kinda disappointed :-/

NeOak

So now you can see who has been offline and for how long.

Kicked those who had been offline for more than 12 days. Even my irl friend got the boot, so i'm doing it fair.

That means: SPACE IN THE CLAN IS OPEN! 5000 PLATINUM PER SPOT (lol j/k)

And started the two elevators. Gonna start building the second floor with the dueling areas and obstacle course and what not, and make it the default spawn place. It's gonna be awesome.

Okay, kinda new to this game and it seems fun seeing my friends play it on PS4. I heard this game's new patch now enables cross play with PC and PS4. Any truth to that? If so I would jump on PC in a heart beat.

Korten

Banned
Donated 5k credits, 5.5k Salvage, 3.5k Ferrite, and 1 Forma to the left elevator.

I then donated 3.5 ferrite and 6.5k Salvage to the right elevator. :D

:)

And started the two elevators. Gonna start building the second floor with the dueling areas and obstacle course and what not, and make it the default spawn place. It's gonna be awesome.

Not sure where the elevators are, or how others feel about it, but I'd appreciate if the spawn place stayed at least somewhat near the research and trade stations, since they are probably the most useful and functional areas of the dojo. I'd rather have to run a bit to a fun, but technically "useless" obstacle course now and again, and have quick access to the areas that are my main reason for frequenting the dojo.

Worst case would be having to run a long obstacle course every time I want to donate or trade. But I like the idea of the course, saw some images of gardens and such that replaced the sterile crossroads, those seemed pretty cool.

Dibbz

Updated today and played a little more Warframe. Just got into the Earth missions I think. The framerate on PS4 has hit the shitter though. Combat seems to be a lot better though, I'm no longer gliding past people now, maybe that's just me though playing it a bit better.

Game is ok not totally hooked tbh. Don't really understand the gear and stuff yet. Will I unlock new stuff or do I need to purchase everything with the in game money?

Korten

Banned
Updated today and played a little more Warframe. Just got into the Earth missions I think. The framerate on PS4 has hit the shitter though. Combat seems to be a lot better though, I'm no longer gliding past people now, maybe that's just me though playing it a bit better.

Game is ok not totally hooked tbh. Don't really understand the gear and stuff yet. Will I unlock new stuff or do I need to purchase everything with the in game money?

Purchase the blueprints of everything with ingame money and then craft them in the foundry.

NeOak

Not sure where the elevators are, or how others feel about it, but I'd appreciate if the spawn place stayed at least somewhat near the research and trade stations, since they are probably the most useful and functional areas of the dojo. I'd rather have to run a bit to a fun, but technically "useless" obstacle course now and again, and have quick access to the areas that are my main reason for frequenting the dojo.

Worst case would be having to run a long obstacle course every time I want to donate or trade. But I like the idea of the course, saw some images of gardens and such that replaced the sterile crossroads, those seemed pretty cool.

No no. Spawn points will always be close to that area. If you go into the dojo, once you get past the research rooms you will see the 2 elevators started at both sides and a open node. The next spawn point should be there.

What i described is for the 2nd floor.

The layout of the first floor has to be fixed. Unfortunately, it has to be fucked up from the start and then over time, it can be fixed.

No no. Spawn points will always be close to that area. If you go into the dojo, once you get past the research rooms you will see the 2 elevators started at both sides and a open node. The next spawn point should be there.

The layout of the first floor has to be fixed. Unfortunately, it has to be fucked up from the start and then over time, it can be fixed.

Ah, sweet! I'll have to hit the dojo soon to help get those elevators built.

Zee-Row

Banned
Never. As far as I know no trophies for F2P games.

DC Universe is an exception because it was not such a game at one point. You also only get trophies there if you still get their Legendary subscription.
The free Tekken has trophies too though, so its possible.

Lucent

Wow. The clan logo still hasn't updated. Crazy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So now you can see who has been offline and for how long.

Kicked those who had been offline for more than 12 days. Even my irl friend got the boot, so i'm doing it fair.

That means: SPACE IN THE CLAN IS OPEN! 5000 PLATINUM PER SPOT (lol j/k)

Damn, you can change the default spawn location? Change it to the corridor outside the Research labs and save me the hassle of having to run through the Great Halls :p

NeOak

Wow. The clan logo still hasn't updated. Crazy.

Yeah -.-U

Damn, you can change the default spawn location? Change it to the corridor outside the Research labs and save me the hassle of having to run through the Great Halls :p

Only can spawn in halls lol

Wait, mine is in the hall next to the labs o.o

Check in the console for the great hall to see if you have to set your own spawn point

frizby

Update is a mixed bag. I'm super not crazy about the secondary market, and it seems to have caused as many problems as it fixed.

Still, it was a good day. I ranked to 6 thanks to them giving credit for past sentinel levels and am cooking a Soma, and my past 2 daily rewards have been a Forma BP and an Oriken Catalyst BP. I also got in on the rifle damage aura card and the Mag helmet from alert missions.

I'm also donating materials and credits tomorrow in a big way.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm late to the Warframe party in general. xD

Damn thing has me by the balls.
No more than anyone else playing, lol!
I got Killzone with my PS4 and I'm pretty sure I'm only 4 or 5 missions in. WarFrame, I play daily :)

Very true.
Btw what are these Operations events?
They're special missions that are associated to a storyline arc. For this one, you complete the map 5 times and once you do, and the operation hits 100%, you get $50,000 credits and it unlocks the next phase which I believe is a boss battle.

Loudninja

No more than anyone else playing, lol!
I got Killzone with my PS4 and I'm pretty sure I'm only 4 or 5 missions in. WarFrame, I play daily :)

They're special missions that are associated to a storyline arc. For this one, you complete the map 5 times and once you do, and the operation hits 100%, you get $50,000 credits and it unlocks the next phase which I believe is a boss battle.
Ok thank you very much :)

Also the LEX fires sooo slow.

TEH-CJ

Banned
I gotta get back on this weekend and try it again.

Yeah man. It still baffles me how this game is not well received among the critics. I think it was unfair to review a game that is still in the Beta stages.

In my opinion, this is the best PS4 game right next to the incredible Resogun.

bobot

Neo Member
I really do dig this game. Would have loved an option to actually "buy it" , as in reduce the disparity between credits and platinums in some way. Whether that be having platinum a as actual drops or a decrease in the amount if grinding necessary to achieve certain resources.

But boo hoo. It is what it is and it's certainly going to remain a go to over his gen (provided it's maintained well) and there's something about actually earning the rewards the game offers. Time will tell if I feel that they've been deliberately extended in order to suit this free to play model, and whether that will become detrimental to what I consider to be an incredible experience.

Now, time to grind, and learn something new about this game. (Something I seem to do every day)

SnakeEyes

Banned
I really do dig this game. Would have loved an option to actually "buy it" , as in reduce the disparity between credits and platinums in some way. Whether that be having platinum a as actual drops or a decrease in the amount if grinding necessary to achieve certain resources.
You know what could make you feel better? Spending US$60 on Platinum :)

bobot

Neo Member
You know what could make you feel better? Spending US$60 on Platinum :)

LOL, there was a time (not too long ago) where I could and would have…..

Edit: Mind you its not so much of a grind with good clan members :)

Double edit: I need some more good clan members. Lol

Edgeward

I can't just jump into a group of fodder enemies and swing my axe without a care in the world anymore. D=

update seems fine, gonna take some getting used to setting up the right stuff for the 3 types.

Still needed to fix the star map and framerate but online seems better once I forwarded some ports and the new update. Always seem to join a game much more easily

Carcetti

It's quite amazing how different these frames work. With the new Rhino I can just run straight into a pile and start swinging a Gram while with Mag all the powers were so situational and felt useful mostly in defense missions.

IvorB

Okay so I gave this a spin last night and ended up playing about five hours all told. So it seems pretty great to me. Will definitely play again this weekend. Though I can kinda tell that it's a F2P game. I sill have nowhere near the money needed for a new gun or anything despite playing quite a bit.

I'm playing Loki and finding the invisibility and decoy pretty useful.

Oh yeah, how does one do that double jump up a wall? I kept getting left behind because I couldn't do it :-(.

Nattan

Is anyone else experiencing this weird teleportation bug? Your character strikes a certain pose and then warps/teleports a great distance and very often right next to an enemy. Seems to happen randomly, but in certain stages. In some stages I haven't seen it happen even once, but on my last mission it happened a lot and got me killed.

Never had this happening before the update.

Loudninja

Is anyone else experiencing this weird teleportation bug? Your character strikes a certain pose and then warps/teleports a great distance and very often right next to an enemy. Seems to happen randomly, but in certain stages. In some stages I haven't seen it happen even once, but on my last mission it happened a lot and got me killed.

Never had this happening before the update.
I am not sure but I think a enemy does that if I am not mistaken.

Top Bottom