• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bruno

Damage 2.0 has really killed off my interest in this game. I don't even know what's going in it anymore, and after 150 hours of playtime that's not how it should be. I feel like the devs pulled a fast one on me.

I know we've known about it for a while, but I didn't think that it was going to be this bad. I mean, certain weapons are now only good against *some* enemies in certain missions. WTF is up with that? I liked the playstyle I had before with the weapons I had taken dozens of hours to fully upgrade. Now they're useless against half the enemies in the game.

Ugh. Digital Extremes is a pretty clueless developer.

That was exactly the point. You shouldn't have 1 loudout that destroys everything. They want you to use different weapons and mods for different missions.

Codiox

You have it right, after finishing it five times you qualify for the payout. Then, after enough people do the missions (progress is on the main menu screen, on the bar), you'll get an ingame email from the corpus guy with your money. I'm assuming after a bit the event will progress to another objective that moves along the story, since this is the second "help this guy clear his ships" operation.

Think I read in some patch notes that when this event is done, top contributing clans will get a special statue for their dojo too.

ahh okay cool, so the money is guaranteed? or is there a timelimit for the mission to completed 100% ?

Mrcapcom

That was exactly the point. You shouldn't have 1 loudout that destroys everything. They want you to use different weapons and mods for different missions.

haha right! I 100% remember thinking why do i have different slots all i need is one ill make another load out later. Now I HAVE to make one or just be cool with only fighting certain mobs or not doing as much damage.

Con_Smith

Banned
I really like and hate how this game makes you work for every little advantage. Pre update I was wrecking fools with randomly nodded equipment, now after spending some time and talking with others (thanks for some of the knowledge you laid on me yesterday Mr.Capcom) my warframes are super specialized and the issues I had with rhino before are all gone.

While I hate when games spell stuff out for you, I do wish some of the more nuanced things about the game were a bit more detailed. But with the wiki and the community things haven't been too hard to wrap my head around. Now if I can just get my Valk stuff I'd be sitting in heaven till I feel like dropping some more plats.

Mrcapcom

I really like and hate how this game makes you work for every little advantage. Pre update I was wrecking fools with randomly nodded equipment, now after spending some time and talking with others (thanks for some of the knowledge you laid on me yesterday Mr.Capcom) my warframes are super specialized and the issues I had with rhino before are all gone.

While I hate when games spell stuff out for you, I do wish some of the more nuanced things about the game were a bit more detailed. But with the wiki and the community things haven't been too hard to wrap my head around. Now if I can just get my Valk stuff I'd be sitting in heaven till I feel like dropping some more plats.
Your Welcome :-D

nice!

btw the stream is live now with the Q&A Devs

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Thanks for this watching now update 12 sounds amazing

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Ok. So let's say (hypothetically) that you were an early-30s female who has never played an MMO-type game before or any kind of game with voice chat but were generally pretty handy with a Doom shotgun. Hypothetically, if I go online and play this thing with a headset in, is it going to be full of squeaky-voiced pseudo-anarchic teenage sexist homophobic fake-meatheads ruining my one night with the flat to myself? Hypothetically. (Obviously, this is hypothetical. Hypothetically.)

Mrcapcom

Ok. So let's say (hypothetically) that you were an early-30s female who has never played an MMO-type game before or any kind of game with voice chat but were generally pretty handy with a Doom shotgun. Hypothetically, if I go online and play this thing with a headset in, is it going to be full of squeaky-voiced pseudo-anarchic teenage sexist homophobic fake-meatheads ruining my one night with the flat to myself? Hypothetically. (Obviously, this is hypothetical. Hypothetically.)

Its all silence I don't think anyone knows how to work the mic and on the most part everyone uses the PS4 party feature to chat so more silence lol.

Every once in awhile ill have people talk etc nothing crazy though not like say CoD or Halo

Add me MrCapcom

Xater

There rarely are people talking in this game and I even play for the most part with sound off listening to podcasts. It's also not really a MMO. It's just a coop third person shooter with loot stuff in it.

HORRORSHØW

Are the FPS drops related to performance issues or lag? Will it get better if I disable motion blur, bloom, etc.? Sometimes when I hop into a clan member's game, it gets real bad.

If people do talk (which is somewhat rare) they've always been cool. I never heard anything negative come out of people playing this game.

By it's very nature, you need your teammates to succeed. If you're an ass you're just hurting yourself. If you get killed, your teammates just not going to revive you.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Its all silence I don't think anyone knows how to work the mic and on the most part everyone uses the PS4 party feature to chat so more silence lol.

Every once in awhile ill have people talk etc nothing crazy though not like say CoD or Halo

Add me MrCapcom

There rarely are people talking in this game and I even play for the most part with sound off listening to podcasts. It's also not really a MMO. It's just a coop third person shooter with loot stuff in it.

Pretty much. I have used the voice chat to guide people with awkward jumps or semi-hidden doorways to progress. But otherwise it is very civil. I think the lack of competition makes people relaxed in playing this.

I'm convinced most people playing this game plug in their mic for the sole purpose of forcing me to hear random people in their house talking to them, babies crying, coughing, echoes of their own game audio, and whatever they have on a second tv.

I think I can count on one hand the number of people I've encountered that use their mic to talk. I rarely even get a response when I plug in my own mic and say hello or ask them to check their volume because they are micspamming. The clan gaffers I've played with are the only real exceptions. Pretty sure you won't have a problem.

Xater

Grimløck;93592615 said:
Are the FPS drops related to performance issues or lag? Will it get better if I disable motion blur, bloom, etc.? Sometimes when I hop into a clan member's game, it gets real bad.

Performance issues. My assumption is it's some kind of mismanaged RAM issue. It probably somehow doesn't get cleared out probably and performance drops over time. That's why it also doesn't improve even when nothing is going on. They are looking into it.

Edit: Oh yeah when playing with GAF people most likely will use their mic but from my experience GAFers are usually very civil.

Everyone I've played with from GAF has been very kind. Again, you're working together so the game rewards you for working as a team.

Biggest issue I have is many of you GAF guys are always in full rooms. Popular guys ;-).

I'm convinced most people playing this game plug in their mic for the sole purpose of forcing me to hear random people in their house talking to them, babies crying, coughing, echoes of their own game audio, and whatever they have on a second tv.

I think I can count on one hand the number of people I've encountered that use their mic to talk. I rarely even get a response when I plug in my own mic and say hello or ask them to check their volume because they are micspamming. The clan gaffers I've played with are the only real exceptions. Pretty sure you won't have a problem.

Part of it is the shitty PS4 mic that pick up every sound in the room. Hope it wasn't me, we were playing this morning together. I always wear my headset, but normally mute it unless someone else is talking as well.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I think part of the issue is that if you want to play with headphones in the controller, there's no way to mute the mic. So it's always on.

I use the headphones but only after the babies are asleep, otherwise I would be one of those broadcasting non stop babbling.

Codiox

"Paladin Warframe"

Well, my dick's hard.

here you go :D

pRWEivH.png

Bruno

I think I've come across 1 immature young player since starting to play and I do a lot of public missions.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is there going to be a write up of that live-stream?

I rarely have PUGs talk in chat. In addition, it's a co-op game, so I guess people are just nicer.

Honestly, the only "douchey'' stuff I've experienced is how people play. People who run ahead, people who don't hold the elevator for the last guy, running over and just a few meters away.

Oh, and people who leave the mic on when they're feeding their infant or whatever.

Xevren

I have only come across a couple people I have found annoying, and in that case I just turned voice off until the match was over. That's over god knows how many hours too, so I wouldn't worry about it much. Worst case scenario, you can just turn off voices.

Part of it is the shitty PS4 mic that pick up every sound in the room. Hope it wasn't me, we were playing this morning together. I always wear my headset, but normally mute it unless someone else is talking as well.

Nah, wasn't you, I'm speaking more toward a few of my random group experiences. All of my gaf clan groups have been great. And if anyone groups with me, and my mic is going nuts, please let me know! I really don't want to subject anyone to the same micspam.

Really wish Sony packed in a better headset. It's great that more people use it because they get one by default, but it would be nice if that default didn't suck so much. Not everyone is going to shell out for a replacement, or even realize they are micspamming to begin with.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

I once found someone, I swear to god, he was working as a phone tech support while playing the game.

The guy shouted like a madman with the ps4 mic open and it was about configuring a router or something.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I once found someone, I swear to god, he was working as a phone tech support while playing the game.

The guy shouted like a madman with the ps4 mic open and it was about configuring a router or something.
That is simply brilliant.

I also missed the stream, was there any talk of working on the frame rate issues?

Edit: Damnit, someone needs to get a DE staff member to create a GAF account!

Grimløck;93597379 said:
Can you carry my Volt?

well i'm way more green at the game than you are, but my Trinity is up to level 18 or so and fairly well equipped, you're more than welcome to join.

Though i do seem to having trouble with Xater, i've been having strict nat issues with the ps4 i can't seem to resolve, though this is the first time that errors prevented me from playing with anyone.

I guess you are trying to invite me, but it always fails to join your session.

Exact same issue with me. Regardless of correct port forwarding or even having my PS4 in my routers DMZ i get a strict nat. I've actually sent an email off to my ISP the other day, have yet to hear back as i never used to have this issue.

SnakeEyes

Banned
well i'm way more green at the game than you are, but my Trinity is up to level 18 or so and fairly well equipped, you're more than welcome to join.

Though i do seem to having trouble with Xater, i've been having strict nat issues with the ps4 i can't seem to resolve, though this is the first time that errors prevented me from playing with anyone.
Got your PS4 in your routers DMZ?

Guys alert with an Orokin Reactor blueprint is going on right now!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!

I'm at work :(
Fucking timezones.

Played with a woman in my party the other night for a few rounds and never heard anyone say anything about it. She also basically had her baby on mic (I'm assuming the relationship based on the conversation; I don't really know for sure), and after saying, "Can you sound like a monkey?" and the following child-monkey sounds about 30 times, I was surprised no one said anything about that either. It was a humorous and refreshingly different online interaction.

But of course, there are only ever four people in a room at a time, so this single example doesn't mean a whole lot. I would like to think you could enjoy yourself without any kind of harassment, but sadly there's no way to know for sure.

As for the mechanics, with the exception of the melee combat which takes a bit of practice, the shooting is pretty self explanatory and that's about 80% of the game. There are also some infrequent platforming elements (wall-running) that are absolutely not self explanatory, so you might want to watch an intro video online or something. The MMO element is largely irrelevant unless you want to get super deep into the game and get involved with clans (I don't know that I ever will, but I'm still enjoying it).

Xater

Also don't panic about that alert. It's apparently available for 24 hours.

Edit: Ugh, it's not finding any players for my squad. :(

SnakeEyes

Banned
Also don't panic about that alert. It's apparently available for 24 hours.
Fantastic! Now I can get a 2nd reactor :)

Also, can someone clarify something for me: If I use a Reactor on a level 30 Frame, do I instantly get another 30 mod points? How do the Reactors work, because I've been hesitant to use it in case it doesn't work the way I want it to.

Sykotik

Fantastic! Now I can get a 2nd reactor :)

Also, can someone clarify something for me: If I use a Reactor on a level 30 Frame, do I instantly get another 30 mod points? How do the Reactors work, because I've been hesitant to use it in case it doesn't work the way I want it to.

Yes, it doubles your mod drain cap. If you used it at level 1, you would have 2 points. If you used it at level 1, and leveled to 30, you would still get 60 in the end.

Top Bottom