• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wanted to share my current warframes, hoping to add Ash to them soon.

iUFQavrW4dbzT.jpg
iO5raUcWbrww8.jpg
iMzW62QKfA35F.jpg

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Grimløck;93623207 said:
The same frames that I have.My Ash should be out of the oven tomorrow. Currently gathering parts for Saryn.
Saryn's pretty neat (SO bought the Femme Fatale pack), she's really fun to dye. Hated Nyx - I hope most other warframes don't have fixed-colour parts.

Ugh, was fighting Vor for a morphic (i hear thats the best place to get 'em?) and he teleported into a wall, thankfully he came back out shortly but was then invulnerable and we had to leave and retry. boo.

Potatoes refer to Orokin reactors, is that right?

Pop

Ugh, was fighting Vor for a morphic (i hear thats the best place to get 'em?) and he teleported into a wall, thankfully he came back out shortly but was then invulnerable and we had to leave and retry. boo.

Reactors and Catalyst, golden and blue potatoes

Anyone have Banshee? I can't seem to get the helmet to drop. It's been a week now of farming.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Reactors and Catalyst, golden and blue potatoes

Anyone have Banshee? I can't seem to get the helmet to drop. It's been a week now of farming.
So far all I have is the blueprint (multiples actually, from Daily Rewards) and the Chassis. Haven't been actively searching for it though.

And I'm seriously contemplating dropping Platinum from my next purchase into the Colour Packs. Maybe Colour Saturated and the Black/White pack.

I really want to love Trinty I kinda got her moves down. Anyone who plays her and got any pointers?

Shes who i've been maining as i generally enjoy playing support/healers and i must say shes most fun when played with a strong team who understand her abilities, it feels like her skills are more about other players understanding of how life well (which seems excellent for its small energy cost) and energy vampire work. I hear energy vampire is key at high end play when energy drops are lower.

Though i'm still very green, so take my comments with that in mind.

Briarios

The basics are pretty easy to understand but the details of the more complicated things aren't properly explained at all. I'm talking about stuff like the tower keys, derelict runs, Orokin reactors/cells, loadout order, the full extent of your actual controls, now Damage 2.0. How many people here knew you can combine elements to create other effects without seeing it explained out of the game (Heat+Cold=Blast which has a knockdown effect)? It's still technically beta so I give them the benefit of the doubt, but that's stuff that needs to be addressed before "release".

:O Is that what happened? I combined some mods on my rifle and the damage shot way up and I couldn't figure out why ...

I really like the game, and while I agree it isn't complicated -- there is a TON of information that isn't available in game. I got the Orokin Reactor tonight ... had no idea what to do with it.

I just went into the clan dojo -- had no idea I could contribute to help with research! How would I have ever known that? lol So, I drop some materials and credits to help things along. Again, I'm addicted to the game -- but, they should add more game play info to the codex.

Grimløck;93628269 said:
The Banshee helm was on alert an hour ago. I missed it cause the gf wanted to go to Sephora. It's the last piece I need, too.
It wasn't the standard Banshee helmet, but a Reverb version. Not sure if that would count for the warframe blueprint.

And man, I am hitting a wall getting my ass to Neptune for command modules. Its the only resource I need to build out a second warframe but I have one defense mission that I just can't beat with my buddies and the half dozen times I've tried it via online missions we get wiped in moments or a host migration leaves me tackling it on my own, which doesn't last long.

Its only a 20-23 lvl mission, but even two warframes with all 30th lvl gear and done up as best as we could for anti-corpus just isn't getting the job done, so I'm stuck. It sucks to have to rely upon public matches of high level players to get something as basic as a second warframe. Been sitting on 30th level everything for a while now.

Edgeward

Boom. 75k in my bank.

Got my prova too. If i can just get my mastery rank up faster the dera would be mine now

Is the jackal like super strong now? Doing the alert right now and he is spamming some kind of AoE insta death. Fucking what

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

For morphics I recommend Ara in Mars.

I always get a few everytime I run that mission.

Xater

The current running operations are great. You will get 3 Gallium for the first and for the other one 100k.

As soon as I get that Gallium I will build myself a sweet Galatine.

AngerdX

Sucks i can´t seem to get rid of the strict nat at all.

Slowly moving forward ingame tho.

Alot of the time missions are just a big giant blur hehe

Alpende

Could someone give me some quick tips for this game? I played 2 or 3 missions but sometimes I have no idea what's going on.

Trigonx

For anyone who is interested, i am gonna use most of my void keys tonight(Mostly t1 and t2)

I'm gonna start a group at 6 pm eastern time.

Xater

Is there an efficient way to alert other clan members of you wanting to do Tower missions? If I type it in the clan chat does everyone automatically see it or are they oblivious until they go into the chat thing?

Is there an efficient way to alert other clan members of you wanting to do Tower missions? If I type it in the clan chat does everyone automatically see it or are they oblivious until they go into the chat thing?

People are oblivious unless they have the chat window open, or open it up later. No timestamps though, so you can't tell if the messages you see when opening it are ancient or not. You also get chat messages in the dojo.

Really sucks.

Xater

People are oblivious unless they have the chat window open, or open it up later. No timestamps though, so you can't tell if the messages you see when opening it are ancient or not. You also get chat messages in the dojo.

Really sucks.

Yeah that does suck. I wish we could have a chat window open while playing. That would make organization easier. Could be just a small overlay somewhere that can be deactivated if you don't want it.

Murometz

Neo Member
The game's been overlaying trade chat on my gameplay screen lately. I switch to friendlist in options to avoid that. Maybe you could force clan window that way (not part of dojo ATM so can't check).

IvorB

So I had another good session last night. Still really digging it. Thing is though, I want to progress through the missions but every time some random dudes jump into my game. Which is cool 'cause I like playing with other players. But at the end of the level I just get shunted to some other level and not the next one in order of progress. Should I just play offline for a while? Right now I am just jumping around from one level to the next in no order and it's impossible to keep track.

Someone started a facebook group for the clan (or all of neogaf players?) perhaps joining that would work well, though we'd have to give out real names/be sure to post our PSN names in posts etc. which i can understand some players really not liking.

IvorB

Also I noticed there seems to be two types of currency. There's what looks like sheets of paper and then some other icon that looks like a helmet. I notice the guns cost helmets but all I get is sheets. Where do I get the helmet things from?

Xater

Also I noticed there seems to be two types of currency. There's what looks like sheets of paper and then some other icon that looks like a helmet. I notice the guns cost helmets but all I get is sheets. Where do I get the helmet things from?

The free currency is credits, the other one is platinum. You buy platinum with real money.

This is the two tier currency system a lot of free to play games have, the sheets which are credits are rewards for completing missions, selling items, picking up off the ground etc. The Helmets (funny, my friend called them that too and i really don't see it!) are platinum, the premium currency that is going to cost you some $$.

You'll notice you can spend your credits on blueprints too and build most anything, though gathering resources and items to do so is time consuming and may require you to be at a specific level to be in the area where they drop. Honestly though, this is the meat of the game for a lot of people and a total blast! Think phantasy star online meets monster hunter meets gears of war?

EDIT: Super beaten! that's what i get for typing at work and being half distracted.

Double edit: Fixing up typos, sorry, i should slow down a bit and proof read. Gaf just moves too fast for this old man.

Xater

This is the two tier currency system a lot of free to play games have, the sheets which are credits are rewards for completing missions, selling items, picking up etc. The Helmets (funny, my friend called them that too and i really don't see it!) are platinum, the premium currency that is going to cost you some $$.

You'll notice you can spend your credits on blueprints too and build most anything, though gathering resources and items to do so is time consuming and may require you to be at a specific level to be in the area where they drop. Honestly though, this is the meat of the game for a lot of people a total blast! Think phantasy star online meets monster hunter meets gears of war?

EDIT: Super beaten! that's what i get for typing at work and being half distracted.

Really agree with that. If I would buy everything with plat there would not be much game left. That's why the little plat I bought I used for cosmetic stuff and more slots for Warframes and weapons.

IvorB

The free currency is credits, the other one is platinum. You buy platinum with real money.

This is the two tier currency system a lot of free to play games have, the sheets which are credits are rewards for completing missions, selling items, picking up etc. The Helmets (funny, my friend called them that too and i really don't see it!) are platinum, the premium currency that is going to cost you some $$.

You'll notice you can spend your credits on blueprints too and build most anything, though gathering resources and items to do so is time consuming and may require you to be at a specific level to be in the area where they drop. Honestly though, this is the meat of the game for a lot of people and a total blast! Think phantasy star online meets monster hunter meets gears of war?

A helmet is literally the only way I could think to describe it :).

Okay cool. That's useful. So if I want to build a new gun how does one go about it? Is it all explained in the game under "blueprints". Gonna play a bit now so this can be my next mission. Is it feasible to this at my level (think I'm about level 12 now).

A helmet is literally the only way I could think to describe it :).

Okay cool. That's useful. So if I want to build a new gun how does one go about it? Is it all explained in the game under "blueprints". Gonna play a bit now so this can be my next mission. Is it feasible to this at my level (think I'm about level 12 now).

Step 1: go to the market and buy a blueprint

Step 2: go to the foundry and see what's needed.

Step 3: look at the planet resources and see what planets you should be farming. If it's nowhere to be found it's probably a bit more rare. Look up on wiki where to find that ingredient.

Step 4: build the item and wait.

Step 3: look at the planet resources and see what planets you should be farming. If it's nowhere to be found it's probably a bit more rare. Look up on wiki where to find that ingredient.

This my friend is the gospel on how to tackle Warframe.

Taker34

Banned
Ugh, after update 11 I feel like the game runs much worse (constant framerate issues) but the additions are still great. I can definitely understand why DE or Sony are treating it like a beta... can't wait until they make it PC-like with login bonuses like 75% platinum discounts. Oh and I'd like to test Trinity now that Excalibur got a bit boring. Is that Warframe any good? I'm not too fond of the others, just from a character/design standpoint.

Murometz

Neo Member
Ugh, after update 11 I feel like the game runs much worse (constant framerate issues) but the additions are still great. I can definitely understand why DE or Sony are treating it like a beta... can't wait until they make it PC-like with login bonuses like 75% platinum discounts. Oh and I'd like to test Trinity now that Excalibur got a bit boring. Is that Warframe any good? I'm not too fond of the others, just from a character/design standpoint.
Rhino is a good second frame to check out, boss on Venus drops blueprints for parts.

IvorB

Okay cool. I can do that. Why do I have to wait though? Is that for the magic to happen? :) Nice avatar by the way!

Also last question: where do I see gun stats?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Rhino is a good second frame to check out, boss on Venus drops blueprints for parts.

I concur that Rhino is amazing. And easy to get.

In other news, the Paris Prime is fucking amazing. It's a brutal weapon. Forget the sniper rifles, the Paris Prime is the real sniper rifle.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Okay cool. I can do that. Why do I have to wait though? Is that for the magic to happen? :) Nice avatar by the way!

Also last question: where do I see gun stats?
Weapon stats are in the codex. Everything has a build time (12 hours+).

Its not a bad idea to check youtube videos of people playing with the guns to get a vibe of how they'll function and if they'll suit your play style.

Be really nice if we could take them into a testing range and get a first hand feel for them.

Thinking about rolling with an Ignis. Any suggestions on a good/cheap shotgun I can use as my secondary weapon? Also, can I use both rifle AND shotgun ammo mutation? How would that work?

molnizzle

Save platinum for Orokin Reactors, Orokin Catalysts and (to a lesser extent) Forma. If you're running around in an un-potatoed Warframe you are doing it wrong. Weapons you don't need to worry about potatoing until you're sure you want to keep them, but Warframes should be done ASAP!

If you want a color pack make sure to just get one of them and stick with it. I went with the saturated one. It has basically everything I'd want or need.

Do NOT buy any of the scarves. Learn from my mistakes. I bought all of them and have now come to despise them. They're really annoying to look at while you're playing. Stupid shit flailing around all over the place. I don't keep any scarf equipped now even though I own all three. What a waste!

Orokin Reactors, Orokin Catalysts & Forma. That's where your platinum should go.

Well, and maybe the affinity booster if you put more money into the game. I definitely don't regret that one. ;-)

Top Bottom