• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

SnakeEyes

Banned
Yes, it doubles your mod drain cap. If you used it at level 1, you would have 2 points. If you used it at level 1, and leveled to 30, you would still get 60 in the end.
So it doesn't reset your level? You can instantly get another 30 points? Bam, gonna use one on my Volt tonight!

Pop

Guys alert with an Orokin Reactor blueprint is going on right now!

Yeah that's damn fantastic.

In a little bit when I'm done working, I'm going to rewatch the live Warframe stream from earlier. Paladin Warframe sounds like I need that in my life.

AndyD

aka andydumi
All the good stuff happens when I'm at work

Same here. Also, we need more variety in alerts. A mixture of short (sub 1 hour) medium (several hours) and long (several days) ones would be best.

That way you can log in and do quick things that aren't really worth that much or have super rare things, but you can also do some of the grander more rewarding missions that should last a few days.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I just want aura alerts. Still only have one.
You and me both, and the one I have is the one that shows enemies on radar. Somewhat useful for things like Void Defence missions (when they get stuck in the side rooms, and you need to hunt them to finish a round) :)

Well the potato alert mission was quite action-packed, especially considering that it was about 10 levels above what I've been doing recently. But the other guys did their part and I RHINO STOMPED the crap out of everything, including the framerate. I also got Sobek built and that thing is pure sex.

The new melee stuff on the livestream looked interesting. Controls on PS4 need remapping if blocking actually becomes useful, though.

ObiDin

Watching the Warframe Live broadcast from today, I love the new hud concept they showed. Not sure about the Paladin. I like the armor, but the helmet looks too much like antlers for my taste.

Really like the "earth" environments they showed and the idea of a day/night cycle. Warframe definitely needs more outdoor environments.

I think part of the issue is that if you want to play with headphones in the controller, there's no way to mute the mic. So it's always on.

I use the headphones but only after the babies are asleep, otherwise I would be one of those broadcasting non stop babbling.

The wee blue bit where the mic is, it acts like a slider switch.

Up means the mic is muted, down means it's unmuted!

Enjoy :D

Well after spending hours playing with network settings i connected my PS4 directly to my modem (really should have tried this sooner, i just thought i was doing something daft with the settings) and i still received a NAT type 3, so i'm assuming it must be something on my ISP's side. Same router/modem i've used for ages and never had this issue w/ the past gen consoles so hopefully its something that can easily be corrected as i don't seem to be able to play warframe with very many friends and that is really a bummer at the moment.

I'll do some good donating and drop a bit of platinum to various research projects to make up for not being able to play with many of you and so i can feel like im still contributing to the clan, any thing i should focus on, or just whatever needs done?

EDIT: To those just joining in, i've tried all port forwarding and having my PS4 in my DMZ and am forced with a restrictive NAT at every step of the way.

Pop

Yeah the new updates coming sound really good. Looking forward to running around with a melee weapon as a primary.

jacob armitage, open up your NAT.

Xater

Alright, my potato is in production. Then I will have two of them. If I really enjoy the Rhino I will use them on him and his loadout.

Watching the Warframe Live broadcast from today, I love the new hud concept they showed. Not sure about the Paladin. I like the armor, but the helmet looks too much like antlers for my taste.

Really like the "earth" environments they showed and the idea of a day/night cycle. Warframe definitely needs more outdoor environments.

The armor has hooves, so the antlers look has to be intentional. Rather like it myself.

Is this broadcast saved anywhere? Youtube or somesuch?

If this is a common thing, and people didn't know that the mics had a mute switch, you can colour me shocked. The damn thing's labelled after all :D

Haha :D

Tbh I think MOST people don't know about it! The only reason I found out about it is that I analyse new stuff that I get! I like to see how things are built and work (Probably due to being an engineer)

Most people are scared to use the wrong type of screwdriver in something never mind move something that is 'wobbly' if they don't know it has a purpose!

Although everyone says the wee headset is cheap and shitty, the detail of it is pretty cool I like the fact that it resembles a PS4 with the blue line and all ;)

bobot

Neo Member
You know what could make you feel better? Spending US$60 on Platinum :)

Quoting again cause I thinking didn't explain properly.

I want to support DE

Is buying an equivalent dollar amount of the game in platinums the way it was intended?

My concern is that it becomes a bottomless pit of platinum purchases. As a new player I'm still trying to understand the mechanics and dynamics of this game and the new update has completely pantsed me in regards to working this shit out.

Any suggestions from veterans and newbies alike would really be appreciated.

Xater

I am actually quite shocked that so many people have trouble understanding stuff in this game. I never looked at a Wiki before I needed to find out where stuff drops. Figured all the other stuff out myself. Most of it is really not hard to understand. The main game after all is: Do missions, get shit, use shit to create other shit. Throw in some leveling and adding mods.

SnakeEyes

Banned

I want to support DE

Is buying an equivalent dollar amount of the game in platinums the way it was intended?
No, not at all - the game can be played entirely for free, it's just that whenever someone says they want to support the dev the usual suggestion is to buy the equivalent of a new games cost of in-game currency :)

Hell, if the PS4 version eventually gets the 20%, 50% and 75% Platinum purchasing discount rewards the PC version has then I think I may end up spending more...

Haha :D

Tbh I think MOST people don't know about it! The only reason I found out about it is that I analyse new stuff that I get! I like to see how things are built and work (Probably due to being an engineer)

Most people are scared to use the wrong type of screwdriver in something never mind move something that is 'wobbly' if they don't know it has a purpose!

Although everyone says the wee headset is cheap and shitty, the detail of it is pretty cool I like the fact that it resembles a PS4 with the blue line and all ;)
Maybe we're just more attentive than others, because that little blue switch with the notch in it wouldn't be there simply for aesthetics, especially on a headset :D

I want to support DE

My concern is that it becomes a bottomless pit of platinum purchases. As a new player I'm still trying to understand the mechanics and dynamics of this game and the new update has completely pantsed me in regards to working this shit out.

Any suggestions from veterans and newbies alike would really be appreciated.

I guess it could be a fair thing to do. I've dropped them probably $30 or so (from UK so taking a guess) as I really enjoy the game and it is by far my most played on PS4.

The only thing that bothers me though and is stopping me spend more, is that this game is apparently still in 'Beta'. So in my mind there could be changes etc in the future that I dislike which could make me stop playing the game, see for example the damage 2.0 changes. Some like it and some hate it!

Edit: I read a page or so back about forma reducing your level to zero? Is this the case?

IvorB

Yea the stuff thats really worth buying would be the stuff you can't get without buying like the Orkin reactors the one for the frames/weapons. Cosmetic stuff colors and the scarfs. More Weapon and Frame slots. Other than that you can get everything on your own.

I spent 5 bucks and i had like 200 plat for the ps+ and pre order of warframe I got:
Colors
WarFrame/Weapon Slots (3 xtra slots and I think a extra row of weapons)
Reactor for Galtine and Rhino/Excalibur
Scarf

And I think that's about it ill end up putting some more cash in to buy the sentinel extra parts and some more warframe slots and weapon slots.

Having a ball with the game its easily worth 30 bucks or more especially if they keep coming out with more content

But having said all that I didnt have to buy that stuff maybe the frame and weapon slots but I didnt NEED them I just wanted them I actually have 5 frames now smh

Cool. I wasn't expecting anything too crazy but was hoping for at least a new gun or something. I played quite a bit but was still so far off affording one. I did get some new mods/powers though so that's cool.

It is.

I have spent no cash, nor the starting 200 platinum, and I have a handful of new weapons already and working on getting parts for a new frame. I think you just have to realize that unlike a regular full pay shooter where you will unlock every "class" and most weapons after 10-20 hours of playing, here you focus on 1-2 frames (classes) and improve those in that same amount of time if you don't wish to pay.

The game gets more fun once your weapons are a bit stronger and you get the hang of abilities. Mainly because missions are fast and you are always playing with others, so it's always different. It won't feel too much like a repetitive grind. At least not for me just yet. And I look forward to spending some money on this, but I am still trying to understand how everything works before I sink money and realize I made a mistake.

Okay I'll keep at it then. I also don't want to splash any cash 'till I know for sure I'm gonna be playing it for a while. Didn't feel like a grind as I was progressing in missions. I just wanted a new gun :).

I did, but just because I thought I should given how much I enjoyed it.

Totally realistic to not spend money. Almost everything I got I earned, the stuff I bought was cosmetic.

It's really slow at first earning money. Once you get to a few alert missions and community events it's pretty easy though. You can easily unlock almost everything. Utilize the Clan chat and ask for some help. Most of us are happy to join up with you to help you get blueprints.

Thanks! Gonna give it another spin now.

molnizzle

There's really no excuse for micspamming with the default earpiece. It has a damn mute function! It's tougher for people like me who use earbuds with inline mics. There's currently no way for me to mute my shit. =(

SnakeEyes

Banned
ugh, spent my credits on a shitty shotgun :(

they really, really need to show the stats of weapons BEFORE you buy them!
Yeeeeup. I just take weapon suggestions from GAF now.

No I don't.
I buy whatever I see people use in missions/recommend in chat.
No I don't.
I just buy/build whatever looks cool.

Yeeeeup. I just take weapon suggestions from GAF now.

No I don't.
I buy whatever I see people use in missions/recommend in chat.
No I don't.
I just buy/build whatever looks cool.

lol Pretty much the same as me... got that heated dagger and the potato via alerts and both now getting built in the foundry..

Xevren

Which one, was it the strun? God I hated that gun. Now the Hek is my love child, that's a manly shotgun. The sound it makes is worth it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Which one, was it the strun? God I hated that gun. Now the Hek is my love child, that's a manly shotgun. The sound it makes is worth it.

That's what I have. Reload times are awful.

Gah I want the hek but I want to try a rifle first.

Xater

Hmmm I was planing to get a Strun for my Rhino but now you guys are making me doubt myself. Can#t buy a Hek blueprint yet because I a not at mastery level 4.

Xevren

Hmmm I was planing to get a Strun for my Rhino but now you guys are making me doubt myself. Can#t buy a Hek blueprint yet because I a not at mastery level 4.

Yeah I hated the Strun. Out of all the guns I have used so far I liked it the least.

Pop

You can use the Codex now. Perfect for scouting out different weapon types/abilities.

So is the idea once I reach level 30 on a warframe to switch to a new warframe?

Not entirely.

See you get tower keys and Orokin Derelict keys, run those for prime parts/rare mods. Buy the Dragon Key blueprints build those for the Derelict runs at a chance of rare corrupted mods. Progressing through the star map will take every bit of level 30 maxed weapons/frames. You will need a group for later missions.

Oh and the Orokin Derelict runs drop Golem Nav Coordinate which you use to build the Assassin Derelict run. That boss drops Nekros gear every run.

molnizzle

So it doesn't reset your level? You can instantly get another 30 points? Bam, gonna use one on my Volt tonight!

Wait, what!? People are running around in level 30 Warframes that haven't been potato'd?

Duuuuuuudes. Don't be that guy! Trying a weapon out first is totally understandable, but Warframes should be potato'd immediately. Certainly by max level!

I'd (rightly) be pissed off if my group wiped and I found out that the other members were playing in un-potato'd frames...

Wait, what!? People are running around in level 30 Warframes that haven't been potato'd?

Duuuuuuudes. Don't be that guy! Trying a weapon out first is totally understandable, but Warframes should be potato'd immediately. Certainly by max level!

So my only maxxed warframe is a Mag. With the existence of Mag Prime, is there a good reason to use my only orokin reactor on the Mag, if the prime is the same thing but with better polarities? Or am I getting this wrong, and the primes are sidegrades like any other frame, and not a direct upgrade?

SnakeEyes

Banned

I'd (rightly) be pissed off if my group wiped and I found out that the other members were playing in un-potato'd frames...
To be fair, the tutorial is ass with these things AND I only got my first 'tato yesterday :p

I'll be 'tatoing him tonight, and if I get a 2nd I'll do my Excalibur as well :D

So my only maxxed warframe is a Mag. With the existence of Mag Prime, is there a good reason to use my only orokin reactor on the Mag, if the prime is the same thing but with better polarities? Or am I getting this wrong, and the primes are sidegrades like any other frame, and not a direct upgrade?
My thinking too - I was originally gonna hold out and use the 'tato for my Frost Prime... when I finally get the Systems piece I need ~_~

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Not entirely.

See you get tower keys and Orokin Derelict keys, run those for prime parts/rare mods. Buy the Dragon Key blueprints build those for the Derelict runs at a chance of rare corrupted mods. Progressing through the star map will take every bit of level 30 maxed weapons/frames. You will need a group for later missions.

Oh and the Orokin Derelict runs drop Golem Nav Coordinate which you use to build the Assassin Derelict run. That boss drops Nekros gear every run.

Ah will do, thanks!

Murometz

Neo Member
Hey, I asked earlier, but it was early afternoon. Can someone invite me to the dojo, I'm almost rank 5. PSN ID is Murometz. Thanks!

molnizzle

Shit, I potato every Warframe at level 1. Potatoes and Formas are what people should spend their money on if they run out. Spend $10 and get 5-6 potatoes and a couple of Formas. Your groups will be grateful!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Shit, I potato every Warframe at level 1. Potatoes and Formas are what people should spend their money on if they run out. Spend $10 and get 5-6 potatoes and a couple of Formas. Your groups will be grateful!
Why is this not in the OP?!

And I think I'll do this the next time I top up my Platinum reserves.

I am actually quite shocked that so many people have trouble understanding stuff in this game. I never looked at a Wiki before I needed to find out where stuff drops. Figured all the other stuff out myself. Most of it is really not hard to understand. The main game after all is: Do missions, get shit, use shit to create other shit. Throw in some leveling and adding mods.

The basics are pretty easy to understand but the details of the more complicated things aren't properly explained at all. I'm talking about stuff like the tower keys, derelict runs, Orokin reactors/cells, loadout order, the full extent of your actual controls, now Damage 2.0. How many people here knew you can combine elements to create other effects without seeing it explained out of the game (Heat+Cold=Blast which has a knockdown effect)? It's still technically beta so I give them the benefit of the doubt, but that's stuff that needs to be addressed before "release".

Top Bottom